TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
At that point, the grind is up to you isn't it? If you don't particularly enjoy anal, there's no need to get the anal stat. If you do like anal, then getting the trait likely wouldn't feel like a grind, right? Players can even mix it up with outfits so it's a bit more interesting. The anal trait isn't a requirement for story, just more anal content.

Here, I'll tell you where my mind is that, let me know what you think:
Let's say a player really enjoys anal. They're going to discover fairly early on that Lin has a fetish for Anal, I imagine the player would experience the repeatable at least once or twice after seeing the story event, which lands them at 3 anal points for Lin. Throug continuing her story and playing the game, the player will unlock new outfits, and wish to reexperience the content they enjoy with a new flavor, which will likely increase the stat 1 - 3 more times. Then more characters will unlock, this player would likely play the other anal content, and eventually come back for Lin's later on because it's been a while and maybe they want the trait. At this point, Lin's anal stat is probably around 5 - 7 already, all while around friendship 20 for Lin (and reminder, this is mostly assumptions based on feedback). By this time, more outfits will be available, and maybe you'll even see these options appear in story events or dungeon events, or exhibitionism events, which include unique animations for that stat. So the player may find themselves very close to that 10 point mark just through passively experiencing the game and playing the story at around friendship 30 if not sooner.
There are a few that I skip like that that I don't like (foot job, femdom), and I am kind of indifferent on on thigh jobs, they are fun as foreplay, before you start having sex, or something like that, so I don't feel the grind there.
The only ones that really feel grindy are the lust events, because you have to do the level 9 events to get the point, but the others are just more fun to me (well, I guess Autumn's boobjob does a bit too, since it is so limited... it's been almost 9 months, and I am still only at 32... I keep hoping you will give us another option, like her morning alarm or something), so that takes a lot of time and work to get.

With Kali and Lin, I did grind them up to 3 stars (50), but it was a chore, since it is generally the level 6 events that have things I like, but you don't get a point for that. As you know, I love the public events, like the Papa Ron's and public walk ones. While I do enjoy Kali's rape fetish, that one seems too much like she is the one in charge, it's too much like Femdom for me, and there is just something lacking from Lin's for me, like, she needs a spanking first or something as foreplay, after breaking things like that!

By the time I got to Maria's, it just seemed like so much work, I couldn't bring myself to do it again. Like I said before, to me, the best way to do this is to make triggering any of the events give a point, even if it requires getting to level 9 once to unlock the stat for the first time.
But maybe some of my assumptions are off, it's possible. Maybe something like 7 points instead of 10 would fit nicer. Harem Hotel has required 10 for a very long time though and it has seemed like 10 has been a very solid number this whole time, and more content is always being included. There should be a few different animations with different themes for each sexual option in the future.
I think 10 is fine there, it is more intuitive.

I would likely go with 10, 25, and 50, to keep it more evenly progressive. First level is +10, second one is +15, third one is +25. Currently, it goes 10, 30, and 50, which is +10, +20, +20.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
TBH, I'm not a fan of the events that autostart. I much prefer being able to choose who's event I want to do when.
It's really bad if you load an old save to check something, and you have to go through all the auto events from that save to current before you can do what you wanted to do, by then I will have forgotten why I started the game in the first place... XD
Same. They always have a bad habit of happening on the days I want to take a shower.;)
Or worse, HEADPAT LIN!!!!!!!!! :mad:
No_Headpats.jpg

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
It's really bad if you load an old save to check something, and you have to go through all the auto events from that save to current before you can do what you wanted to do, by then I will have forgotten why I started the game in the first place... XD

Or worse, HEADPAT LIN!!!!!!!!! :mad:
View attachment 1550018
Nothing bothers me more than having to wait an entire day to give Lin her headpats because one or more of the other girls are demanding my attention.:(

Sep 17, 2017
The only stat that is annoying to level (personal opinion) is exhibition and only because if you don't start it quickly/early enough you can miss minor scene tweaks you've added (I think I missed every Android/Ashley public nudity option thus far). This "forced" me to grind out exhibition for every girl available, just so I wouldn't miss things later.
I mostly agree with the user I'm quoting, but I want to piggyback off of this part specifically. The only part/stat that isn't telegraphed very well is Exhibitionism training actually impacting an upcoming event, until you are in the event and the button is grayed out. I restarted for 0.14, because I generally like seeing what older content has been remade, and have had to stop several characters just to grind Exhibitionism out to make sure I don't miss anything. This isn't too much of a problem for most of the girls, but given the first events impacted by it tend to be in the 18-22ish Friendship range, that actually means the tightest grinding space is Ashley, due to her series of events locking out access to her room when you need to meet her at school.

It's not core story being missed at all, just bonus content options, but it *is* one of the few points where I had been relying on the walkthrough mod previously to remember where I need to hold off progressing to not miss something.

Reactions: Runey

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Is headpat lust a thing? Probably should be a thing.
I wonder what would happen if you weren't able to give Lin a headpat for an entire week. I worry that it'd bring on the start of the End Times.
Oh it's definitely a thing...

I don't want to even think of the barbarity that would happen without Lin head-pats for a full week. Nope.NOT THINKING IT!!!!

I love my beautiful little elf girl way too much.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I wonder what would happen if you weren't able to give Lin a headpat for an entire week. I worry that it'd bring on the start of the End Times.
While I have come close to that between new events auto triggering, her new shower scene taking all morning, her Wednesdays off, and whatnot, thanks to the new psudo headpat system, we never have to truly have to do without completely. It's not the same, but it's still pretty nice.
"Only good girls get headpats. And you've been a very, very naughty girl."
Good girls get headpats, bad girls get hard buttpats. XD

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
While I have come close to that between new events auto triggering, her new shower scene taking all morning, her Wednesdays off, and whatnot, thanks to the new psudo headpat system, we never have to truly have to do without completely. It's not the same, but it's still pretty nice.

Good girls get headpats, bad girls get hard buttpats. XD
Wait!!! She has a NEW shower scene?!?!?!

Are you fucking kidding me?!?

• Wow
Reactions: freedom.call

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Thanks for the reply, Runey. I'll detail what seems to be missing / badly explained.

Harem Hotel shouldn't require a mod or walkthrough at all. All events tell you exactly what you need to do, when, and where it happens. If there is a spot it doesn't, I need to be made aware of it. No one has been able to tell me a spot in the game where they have gotten stuck since v0.14 launched (aside from android's human kit, which is being fixed). I am currently under the impression that Harem Hotel is very simple to play, but if there is a confusing spot, please point it out to me! I want to make the base experience of Harem Hotel the smoothest ride possible.
You MADE it, obviously it's simple for you. My own programs always seems easy to use, to not say "self-explanatory", to me - until some colleagues ask me for the tenth time "how do you... ?". That's a common developper mistake. And we are always quite reticent to modify something that works to fit other's needs - I'm in this situation constantly.
The game itself is simple. Its interface isn't - I remember that I didn't noticed the "Bar" icon for several ingame days, for example, and I was exploring the whole hotel to find something like the "Kitchen" panel - another not-so-trivial thing to find at the beginning...
Let's address the elephant in the room here: if so many people are currently crying in mod's thread, there is a reason. Most sandbox games requires a mod to fix the game flaws - sometimes, like "Harem Hotel", mostly interface ones, and sometimes the game is barely playable WITHOUT the mod, like "Peasants Quest".

I have no clue what the mod interface looks like, and I'm not too sure what you're explaining here, but I'm not interested in turning Harem Hotel into a menu clicking simulator. Currently you can view main character stats by clicking the "i" button, and you can view side character stats by going to Misc Info after that.
It's not a "menu clicking simulator", it's a matter of concentrating all useful informations in a single panel, and to display some useful informations that aren't currently accessible at all but when going to a location with a girl - and not even fully.

Main mod interface looks like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please note: all girls are shown on a single panel, the completion state is displayed explicitely (Maria here), and waiting time is shown too (Felicity & Emma here). Other girls aren't grayed, meaning that there is still stuff to do for them.
The walkthrough is simply something like "Visit [character] at [location] during [time/day]". Nothing fancy: as I said, the game itself is simple to play. This walkthrough part can be omitted, it's not really necessary but only a shortener.

Here, you have what is available as "cheat sheets":
First image, you can see what is available, in particular all secondary scenes and the very usefull "Girl schedule", which avoid to constantly go to girl's doors to know where there are.
The second image is an example: you see that for Maria's beach scenes, the first two scenes were watched, and the two last aren't because of missing sluttiness and/or level. You have such a screen for each location, and for each girl.
It seems useless? No. Because if you MUST go to the cafe with ALL girls to simply check if you didn't miss something - and it won't tell you that you didn't seen one scene, but ONLY that some scenes aren't available YET - then you'll spend several hours on each update JUST TO CHECK THESE SCENES. Annoying AF, while a simple menu and checkmarks can be parsed in a single MINUTE.

The game pauses on that screen for exactly 3 seconds when it's not raining, and 5 seconds when it is raining. This was actually not intended and is changing in v0.14.1 to wait for your click to continue, so you can view those icons for however long you would like.
Waiting a click seems perfect, thanks. But I doubt that it's so many seconds, or it's with fading time included, maybe... It appears to be way faster on my computer.
I say it again: if you're able to display these icons, then you're already able to display it on the information panel anytime and not only when a day change... Main mod's panel don't do much more than that, only the waiting time is added.

As it says at the very beginning of the game, story events start on * Talk * options on their door. There is also a chance for it to happen elsewhere, but checking their door should ALWAYS tell you where they are. There should be no need for chasing, because the game will tell you exactly where they are and the conditions needed to be met. If this isn't the case somewhere, please let me know. I will fix that.
The game never tells how much time you must wait for events, for example, or if it do it, then it's really not easily visible.
The completion status isn't seen but by going to the girl panel, below traits. And, again, you need to go to see EACH girl, on EACH door, to simply know if you have something to do.

All this information should be clearly stated at some point. MC has almost omniscient god levels of intelligence when it comes to when and where every girl he knows is. MC will even say "I have a feeling I should buy Ashley's slutty schoolgirl outfit" unprompted. So again, if this isn't the case anywhere in the game, and anything is confusing at all, please tell me! I will fix it.
I can't know if I did all dungeon scenes, if I done all cafe scenes, etc. but by grinding AGAIN all girls to all locations. That is what is missing. "Misc info" panel shows only side girls, and some informations that - for me - are useless, like the total number of pats since it seems that this don't have any visible effect on girls.

It can be as simple as, in each girl's information panel, a line like "Cafe: 5/5", "Dungeon: 4/4", "Beach: 5/5", etc. - one line for each possible location - so that we can easily see that we miss a Beach scene for Maria, for example - usually the last one, but anyway it wouldn't be such a pain in the ass if we see that we need to farm ONE girl for ONE particular scene, instead of grinding near 10 locations for 8+ girls, meaning 80+ combinations to test!

I'm not complaining here about your development speed, but please understand: you don't release a new update each week, and between two updates, most of us play other games. I currently actively follow 62 games. Despite an excellent memory, I cannot remember EVERY LITTLE DETAIL of EACH GAME. It doesn't matter too much for VN/KN, excepted when there is a shitload of characters, but for sandbox games, it's really a problem sometimes - one of the reason I prefer to play with mods, in particular mods that keep a trace of what was already done - and what needs to be done now.

And here, for your game, it's ONLY a matter of completing the INTERFACE, the gameplay itself isn't flawed to the bones and don't requires a mod to be playable. That's why I think that it's a pity to not improve it.

Requiring 5 points in any stat for the trait means they become masters at that option in just 2 days. There are 4 options in a day where you can have sex, so normally, that trait could be completed in under a week of in game time, or just a few minutes. With your suggested change, they would become masters in barely more than a single day.
I'm already at day 466, more than an ingame year... I would prefer to avoid having the non-elfic girls becoming grannies before I finish the grinding... ;)
More seriously: I got the traits for all girls. But some are only at first step (only one star), some are at three stars, and obviously not all are fully maxed just because it's a real pain to do it. As I said, some can be grinded ONLY in shower, so once a WEEK... If an event isn't triggered the bad day! And it's not 4 options in a day: there is school, university, church, hotel chores, shower, lobby, etc. that reduce this often to only two possible interactions.
Is mastering these traits with the maximum number of stars (which is how much, BTW?) something useful in the game? Does it provides things other than "OK, done it!"? If the fully maxed traits don't have a significant influence, then I don't see why it should be so difficult to get them... If I really want to grind for grinding pleasure, I think that "Lineage 2" is more suitable, but I don't think that a lewd game - in particular one with a rich story! - needs so much grinding.

All options are present during the dungeon scenes, beach scenes, and cafe scenes. You can know because it literally shows you. When an option is greyed out, it is because you can't do it. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying, and you're saying you can't remember if you saw all the scenes so you want something to show you have? I can generally remember if I've done Maria's 2nd exhibitionism scene for example, and clicking it once and seeing what happens for a few seconds is more than enough to jog my memory, so I can simply scroll back.
See above. Having the option available don't mean that you've seen it. And you need to go to each location with each girl to see that, and ALSO to eventually start the scene to remember if it was seen - or not. Boring.

Translators will likely change the riddles to make more sense in other languages. I'm sorry, but I'm an english speaker, this game is designed for english speakers.
It's not a matter of translation. It's a matter of cultural references / well-known riddles. I'm quite sure that other english native speakers, but from different countries, can also have some difficulties. But it's a minor detail, a very annoying one, but minor anyway. It could be solved with a link in OP to riddle's answers and/or a spoiler block.

Why would you restart the entire game for the other route? Haha, you could have just saved before the option and make two different save paths. There's an infinite amount of saves for this reason. You can also change their routes using a cheat code, but this isn't something I would do in the story.
You don't understand. I don't have ANY guarantee that other girls' stats/story won't have an influence on Sanctuary - actually, there is a step where you CANNOT progress on Slave route because Android is reclused.
So I need to do all story progression, probably grinding too, TWO TIMES. One for "Love" route, one for "Slave" route. Did I already said that grinding is a bit too much? :giggle: So do it two times is just hell.
I need only two save slots, this isn't the problem. If you have this cheat code, I'm interested, because I was used to do it through the mod. Or a cheat to max everything. Anything that would allow to see the other route WITHOUT redoing the whole story/grinding/etc. would be OK, in particular if it's not something hidden in the last abyss of Hell but clearly accessible within the game itself, without tricky stuff.
For example, the empty blank page above the cheat entering box could resume all cheat codes, or show only the one that were already used - so it would be a reminder for adding money again, or changing the Sanctuary routes again, etc.

No, these are completely separate routes which are incompatible with each other. The reason you can't see both at the same time is because it would make no sense. But this has nothing to do with a walkthrough.
I mean seeing the other route's scenes, not PLAY the two routes at the same time. I prefer to get the story TOO, but I mostly don't want to miss scenes - story is a huge bonus, but a bonus anyway. I chose "Love" route for a reason, I stick with this story, but it's annoying to miss content anyway.

Thanks again, anyway.

Reactions: Corvus Belli

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Wait!!! She has a NEW shower scene?!?!?!

Are you fucking kidding me?!?
Well, the scene isn't that new, but it used to be that she would also still work on that day, but a while back, it was changed so that she would not be 'in two places at once', so now it seems like she takes the whole day off to take a shower.
Nah, bad girls get anal.
Yeah, after the spankings. :sneaky:

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Well, the scene isn't that new, but it used to be that she would also still work on that day, but a while back, it was changed so that she would not be 'in two places at once', so now it seems like she takes the whole day off to take a shower.

Yeah, after the spankings. :sneaky:
Okay. Fuck! I thought I missed something :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Thanks for the reply, Runey. I'll detail what seems to be missing / badly explained.

You MADE it, obviously it's simple for you. My own programs always seems easy to use, to not say "self-explanatory", to me - until some colleagues ask me for the tenth time "how do you... ?". That's a common developper mistake. And we are always quite reticent to modify something that works to fit other's needs - I'm in this situation constantly.
The game itself is simple. Its interface isn't - I remember that I didn't noticed the "Bar" icon for several ingame days, for example, and I was exploring the whole hotel to find something like the "Kitchen" panel - another not-so-trivial thing to find at the beginning...
Let's address the elephant in the room here: if so many people are currently crying in mod's thread, there is a reason. Most sandbox games requires a mod to fix the game flaws - sometimes, like "Harem Hotel", mostly interface ones, and sometimes the game is barely playable WITHOUT the mod, like "Peasants Quest".
Again, all of what I said is based on feedback. None of these opinions are coming from a place of it being simple for me, but simple for the majority of people.

If you're unable to spot a bar icon at the bottom right, or the large "KITCHEN" sign in the lobby, then I don't believe this is a problem with the game haha.

Yes, the reason people are crying about the mod here is because it doesn't work. I am informing them that they likely wouldn't need it anyway, and that if there is a confusing spot, that I would fix it.

It's not a "menu clicking simulator", it's a matter of concentrating all useful informations in a single panel, and to display some useful informations that aren't currently accessible at all but when going to a location with a girl - and not even fully.

Please note: all girls are shown on a single panel, the completion state is displayed explicitely (Maria here), and waiting time is shown too (Felicity & Emma here). Other girls aren't grayed, meaning that there is still stuff to do for them.
The walkthrough is simply something like "Visit [character] at [location] during [time/day]". Nothing fancy: as I said, the game itself is simple to play. This walkthrough part can be omitted, it's not really necessary but only a shortener.
Well, good news, all of that will be in the base game in v0.14.1. Most of that is already in v0.14 actually, during the day transition screen. In v0.14.1, you will also be able to hover over their icons to see how many days left you have until the event is ready :)

Everything else you have mentioned, like "visit character at location during time/day" has been baked into the default game for quite a while. Like I said, every time you can't do an event, the game tells you exactly why and where, and what you need to do. If there is a spot that this doesn't happen, or a spot any players are stuck/confused on, please let me know!

First image, you can see what is available, in particular all secondary scenes and the very usefull "Girl schedule", which avoid to constantly go to girl's doors to know where there are.
The second image is an example: you see that for Maria's beach scenes, the first two scenes were watched, and the two last aren't because of missing sluttiness and/or level. You have such a screen for each location, and for each girl.
It seems useless? No. Because if you MUST go to the cafe with ALL girls to simply check if you didn't miss something - and it won't tell you that you didn't seen one scene, but ONLY that some scenes aren't available YET - then you'll spend several hours on each update JUST TO CHECK THESE SCENES. Annoying AF, while a simple menu and checkmarks can be parsed in a single MINUTE.

Waiting a click seems perfect, thanks. But I doubt that it's so many seconds, or it's with fading time included, maybe... It appears to be way faster on my computer.
I say it again: if you're able to display these icons, then you're already able to display it on the information panel anytime and not only when a day change... Main mod's panel don't do much more than that, only the waiting time is added.

The game never tells how much time you must wait for events, for example, or if it do it, then it's really not easily visible.
The completion status isn't seen but by going to the girl panel, below traits. And, again, you need to go to see EACH girl, on EACH door, to simply know if you have something to do.

I can't know if I did all dungeon scenes, if I done all cafe scenes, etc. but by grinding AGAIN all girls to all locations. That is what is missing. "Misc info" panel shows only side girls, and some informations that - for me - are useless, like the total number of pats since it seems that this don't have any visible effect on girls.

It can be as simple as, in each girl's information panel, a line like "Cafe: 5/5", "Dungeon: 4/4", "Beach: 5/5", etc. - one line for each possible location - so that we can easily see that we miss a Beach scene for Maria, for example - usually the last one, but anyway it wouldn't be such a pain in the ass if we see that we need to farm ONE girl for ONE particular scene, instead of grinding near 10 locations for 8+ girls, meaning 80+ combinations to test!

I'm not complaining here about your development speed, but please understand: you don't release a new update each week, and between two updates, most of us play other games. I currently actively follow 62 games. Despite an excellent memory, I cannot remember EVERY LITTLE DETAIL of EACH GAME. It doesn't matter too much for VN/KN, excepted when there is a shitload of characters, but for sandbox games, it's really a problem sometimes - one of the reason I prefer to play with mods, in particular mods that keep a trace of what was already done - and what needs to be done now.

And here, for your game, it's ONLY a matter of completing the INTERFACE, the gameplay itself isn't flawed to the bones and don't requires a mod to be playable. That's why I think that it's a pity to not improve it.
Dude, please relax, you're coming off as incredibly aggressive here.

There already exists a way for you to know if you've done an exhibitionism event. This may not be the case for every exhibitionism event, but if that's not the case, it will soon be fixed. Regardless, you can check Kali's exhibitionism code now. All options you can't do are greyed out, and they are greyed out because you haven't done the last option. If all options are available, you have done all the options.

This is what it looks like when the player has done no exhibitionism training, but has the option to start it.

At the very least, options 1 - 3 have been guaranteed to be seen if this is what you see.

I'm already at day 466, more than an ingame year... I would prefer to avoid having the non-elfic girls becoming grannies before I finish the grinding... ;)
More seriously: I got the traits for all girls. But some are only at first step (only one star), some are at three stars, and obviously not all are fully maxed just because it's a real pain to do it. As I said, some can be grinded ONLY in shower, so once a WEEK... If an event isn't triggered the bad day! And it's not 4 options in a day: there is school, university, church, hotel chores, shower, lobby, etc. that reduce this often to only two possible interactions.
Is mastering these traits with the maximum number of stars (which is how much, BTW?) something useful in the game? Does it provides things other than "OK, done it!"? If the fully maxed traits don't have a significant influence, then I don't see why it should be so difficult to get them... If I really want to grind for grinding pleasure, I think that "Lineage 2" is more suitable, but I don't think that a lewd game - in particular one with a rich story! - needs so much grinding.
I'm aware that I've designed the game to make the characters unavailable during specific times, this is very intentional, and always included in my thought process.

I understand there is only one option for some sex scenes, but this will be remedied as development continues. There will be more options in more areas during more times of the day. This is a big part of why I haven't developed much for those traits. So, you don't need to get them.

See above. Having the option available don't mean that you've seen it. And you need to go to each location with each girl to see that, and ALSO to eventually start the scene to remember if it was seen - or not. Boring.
Yes it does. Or, it should. And if it doesn't, tell me please! I'm trying to fix this, but you've not pointed out anywhere that needs fixing.

It's not a matter of translation. It's a matter of cultural references / well-known riddles. I'm quite sure that other english native speakers, but from different countries, can also have some difficulties. But it's a minor detail, a very annoying one, but minor anyway. It could be solved with a link in OP to riddle's answers and/or a spoiler block.
As the game developer, I have access to a large amount of feedback from a very diverse group of people all over the world. British or Australian people aren't having much issues. In fact, I think you're the only person to have ever complained about the riddles. They may be hard, but that's the point

Regardless, I trust translators to take the liberties they need to, to make everything understandable. I've been in contact with them before.

You don't understand. I don't have ANY guarantee that other girls' stats/story won't have an influence on Sanctuary - actually, there is a step where you CANNOT progress on Slave route because Android is reclused.
So I need to do all story progression, probably grinding too, TWO TIMES. One for "Love" route, one for "Slave" route. Did I already said that grinding is a bit too much? :giggle: So do it two times is just hell.
What are you talking about? You just needed to increase Android's friendship by 1, so she's back in the hotel, so things can continue. You didn't have to grind anything, don't be ridiculous. I'm sorry, but all characters need to be available if they're present in story.

If you consider this to be grinding, then I'm just not going to engage in that conversation. These are two separate story routes. One for story, one for sex. It's up to you if you want to experience them both. It's up to you if you want to save before the route, or restart the entire game just to get to that point. It doesn't make sense for them to happen at the same time, or even in the same overarching story. The slave route is barely even canonical.

I need only two save slots, this isn't the problem. If you have this cheat code, I'm interested, because I was used to do it through the mod. Or a cheat to max everything. Anything that would allow to see the other route WITHOUT redoing the whole story/grinding/etc. would be OK, in particular if it's not something hidden in the last abyss of Hell but clearly accessible within the game itself, without tricky stuff.
For example, the empty blank page above the cheat entering box could resume all cheat codes, or show only the one that were already used - so it would be a reminder for adding money again, or changing the Sanctuary routes again, etc.
Harem Hotel is a story game, specifically it's a Visual Novel. I have included ways to cheat the game for patrons, and some for not patrons. But giving yourself a billion dollars, changing your name, or switching routes is not a part of the story, so it's done through cheat codes.

Grinding still isn't required, especially for the story. It's up to you if you want to max them all out just for the slave/love route change, but I think that's silly and a waste of time.

I mean seeing the other route's scenes, not PLAY the two routes at the same time. I prefer to get the story TOO, but I mostly don't want to miss scenes - story is a huge bonus, but a bonus anyway. I chose "Love" route for a reason, I stick with this story, but it's annoying to miss content anyway.

Thanks again, anyway.
The love route is the story route, the slave route is the "fuck the story, I want to fuck them instead" route. You will have all the same sex options in both, but it just depends on when it happens.

I understand you believe this game requires or heavily benefits from a walkthrough mod, but the specific cases you've pointed out are already giving you the information you need. You've just decided to rely on the mod for that information instead of the game.
And if there is any point in game where it isn't clear, please tell me! I will fix it!

Last edited:

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Okay. Fuck! I thought I missed something :ROFLMAO:
Oh it's definitely a thing...

I don't want to even think of the barbarity that would happen without Lin head-pats for a full week. Nope.NOT THINKING IT!!!!

I love my beautiful little elf girl way too much.
I think that making sure Lin gets her daily headpats is just as important as having her give you her panties and never giving them back.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Harem Hotel shouldn't require a mod or walkthrough at all. All events tell you exactly what you need to do, when, and where it happens. If there is a spot it doesn't, I need to be made aware of it. No one has been able to tell me a spot in the game where they have gotten stuck since v0.14 launched (aside from android's human kit, which is being fixed). I am currently under the impression that Harem Hotel is very simple to play, but if there is a confusing spot, please point it out to me! I want to make the base experience of Harem Hotel the smoothest ride possible.

I have no clue what the mod interface looks like, and I'm not too sure what you're explaining here, but I'm not interested in turning Harem Hotel into a menu clicking simulator. Currently you can view main character stats by clicking the "i" button, and you can view side character stats by going to Misc Info after that.

The game pauses on that screen for exactly 3 seconds when it's not raining, and 5 seconds when it is raining. This was actually not intended and is changing in v0.14.1 to wait for your click to continue, so you can view those icons for however long you would like.

As it says at the very beginning of the game, story events start on * Talk * options on their door. There is also a chance for it to happen elsewhere, but checking their door should ALWAYS tell you where they are. There should be no need for chasing, because the game will tell you exactly where they are and the conditions needed to be met. If this isn't the case somewhere, please let me know. I will fix that.

All this information should be clearly stated at some point. MC has almost omniscient god levels of intelligence when it comes to when and where every girl he knows is. MC will even say "I have a feeling I should buy Ashley's slutty schoolgirl outfit" unprompted. So again, if this isn't the case anywhere in the game, and anything is confusing at all, please tell me! I will fix it.

Requiring 5 points in any stat for the trait means they become masters at that option in just 2 days. There are 4 options in a day where you can have sex, so normally, that trait could be completed in under a week of in game time, or just a few minutes. With your suggested change, they would become masters in barely more than a single day.

All options are present during the dungeon scenes, beach scenes, and cafe scenes. You can know because it literally shows you. When an option is greyed out, it is because you can't do it. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying, and you're saying you can't remember if you saw all the scenes so you want something to show you have? I can generally remember if I've done Maria's 2nd exhibitionism scene for example, and clicking it once and seeing what happens for a few seconds is more than enough to jog my memory, so I can simply scroll back.

Translators will likely change the riddles to make more sense in other languages. I'm sorry, but I'm an english speaker, this game is designed for english speakers.

Why would you restart the entire game for the other route? Haha, you could have just saved before the option and make two different save paths. There's an infinite amount of saves for this reason. You can also change their routes using a cheat code, but this isn't something I would do in the story.

No, these are completely separate routes which are incompatible with each other. The reason you can't see both at the same time is because it would make no sense. But this has nothing to do with a walkthrough.
Your impression is correct, all I've had to do is patrol the rooms for a talk option and I occasionally stumbled, yes stumbled, into a side girl event like Vanessa's while doing that whenever I would go to the lobby. The instructions were very clear, such as what I had to do for the side girl hot spring scene.

I think every event should autostart, clicking around in a sandbox game makes no sense! :geek:
TBH, I'm not a fan of the events that autostart. I much prefer being able to choose who's event I want to do when.
I'm with Goldie on this. In fact, in some of the games I play, auto triggering events can be a bad thing. For example, in Lessons in Love there is at least one instance where, should you go too far with a character before a certain main story event, you will lock yourself out of multiple others for another character. So, let's say that was the case for at least one Harem Hotel character just for the sake of example, I'll use Ashley specifically. If the events were to auto trigger, I could end up going right through the point in Ashley's story that, in this example, I would need to avoid in order to not lock me out of, let's say, Emma's route for at least several events. I would see the events, but they would be devoid of anything romantic or sexual as if she was no longer even willing to go any further than talk to me. Lessons in Love itself does auto trigger if you have the right stats and go to the right place at the right time of day and the main story CAN auto trigger into a marathon if you aren't careful. In fact, so can Harem Hotel's events, I just had it happen when I started 0.14 where I had a whole bunch of events I forgot to save after. However, it does not do this intentionally in that the player does not have to do anything, I just happened to save at the right place in the hotel.

Thanks again, anyway.
I didn't make Harem Hotel and I find it easy to play. I'm also not the only player not developing the game that finds it easy. Pretty much every event boils down to patrol the room doors for a talk option, occasionally check other rooms for side character events, and always pay attention to the end text of every event because it tells you what to do next.

As for people 'crying' over the mod, there's something you might want to take into consideration and it is especially true of people on F95. A lot of people, I'm trying to avoid saying everyone because some do genuinely have issues with the games on this site that cause them to get stuck, want a walkthrough, walkthrough mod, cheats, galleries, stuff like that for the purpose of avoiding the gameplay so they can just fap. This is in direct conflict with the purpose of games like Lessons in Love or Harem Hotel. While, yes, they do have some of that, they also have gameplay elements that are meant to be played as Runey and I have mentioned.

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
I'll cut what is unnecessary to reply, otherwise it will become a bit too long.

If you're unable to spot a bar icon at the bottom right, or the large "KITCHEN" sign in the lobby, then I don't believe this is a problem with the game haha.
Please remind that other major locations are available through a MENU when leaving MC's bedroom... So yeah, I wasn't paying so much attention to icons at the bottom of the screen, or to a clickable sign... As I said, I frequently encounter the problem where I found MY programs easy to understand, self-explanatory, to not say trivial to use. I always find counter-examples: sometimes from colleagues, so it isn't a real problem, sometimes from customers - and here, it IS a real problem.

Yes, the reason people are crying about the mod here is because it doesn't work. I am informing them that they likely wouldn't need it anyway, and that if there is a confusing spot, that I would fix it.
Like I was saying: how can we inform you of something confusing, if we don't even know that it EXISTS? Again, checking 80+ combinations isn't something that everyone want to do first thing an update is out...

Well, good news, all of that will be in the base game in v0.14.1. Most of that is already in v0.14 actually, during the day transition screen. In v0.14.1, you will also be able to hover over their icons to see how many days left you have until the event is ready :)
OK, fine. So why don't let it available also OUTSIDE this screen? Why "hiding" the waiting time within a hover, instead of displaying it directly? That's simply something as common as the "three-clicks rule".

Everything else you have mentioned, like "visit character at location during time/day" has been baked into the default game for quite a while. Like I said, every time you can't do an event, the game tells you exactly why and where, and what you need to do. If there is a spot that this doesn't happen, or a spot any players are stuck/confused on, please let me know!
Again: not in a centralized panel... We need to go everywhere to check it.

Dude, please relax, you're coming off as incredibly aggressive here.
Not at all, sorry if you felt that. Simply I'm used to write technical/military documents, so my writing style is a bit crisply, sometimes, even bossy for some people. I don't do it on purpose, it's natural for me to write this way.
If I mean to be aggressive, usually, it ends up in a moderator intervention - even a brick would notice when I'm aggressive. Here, trust me, it's not the case. Please focus on content rather than on form, this last one may not be significative.

There already exists a way for you to know if you've done an exhibitionism event. This may not be the case for every exhibitionism event, but if that's not the case, it will soon be fixed. Regardless, you can check Kali's exhibitionism code now. All options you can't do are greyed out, and they are greyed out because you haven't done the last option. If all options are available, you have done all the options.
I've done all of them. So if you add a new one, it will be available, despite I never played it. And still, I need to go to ALL locations with ALL girls to check that. Try it, tell me how much time you need to check everything, maybe you'll understand what I mean.
And since the mod was displaying it, it probably means that you already have the information, right?

I understand there is only one option for some sex scenes, but this will be remedied as development continues. There will be more options in more areas during more times of the day. This is a big part of why I haven't developed much for those traits. So, you don't need to get them.
Maybe because I'm a dev myself, I never add features that aren't needed / useful / mostly fully working. Because it confuses customers. For example, we never add a grayed icon/field/info if it cannot be ungrayed in the same panel. That's a personal observation here, but if traits aren't used or are too hard to grind because it's unfinished, they shouldn't be there - otherwise people will try to grind them, obviously.

As the game developer, I have access to a large amount of feedback from a very diverse group of people all over the world. British or Australian people aren't having much issues. In fact, I think you're the only person to have ever complained about the riddles. They may be hard, but that's the point
An Internet search is enough to solve them, and once I got the answer, I often understand the "trick" behind. The problem is that it's a trick. They seems to be quite classical for English natives - we have the same kind in my own language, I highly doubt that non-native French would understand them. It's like wordplays, it's one of the last things you understand in a foreign language - while it's quite trivial for native speakers.
But as I said, minor issue. It can be solved by a spoiler block on OP.

Regardless, I trust translators to take the liberties they need to, to make everything understandable. I've been in contact with them before.
I don't see the French translation, for example. And the last time I tested a French translation on a F95 game, my eyes bled - if mixing "you're" and "your" or "there" and "their" is hurting you in English, trust me, there is way worse in French and it's awfully too common nowadays. I have more ease to read English, even a very bad one, rather than trying to read my native language with such grammar/spelling mistakes.

What are you talking about? You just needed to increase Android's friendship by 1, so she's back in the hotel, so things can continue. You didn't have to grind anything, don't be ridiculous. I'm sorry, but all characters need to be available if they're present in story.
No, I speak about version 0.12, where Android was locked in her room at the end of update - this was blocking the progression of Slave route. Forced to wait next update to finish the slave route, because switching from Love to Slave reset the whole Slave progression, and a step was requiring Android.

If you consider this to be grinding, then I'm just not going to engage in that conversation. These are two separate story routes. One for story, one for sex. It's up to you if you want to experience them both. It's up to you if you want to save before the route, or restart the entire game just to get to that point. It doesn't make sense for them to happen at the same time, or even in the same overarching story. The slave route is barely even canonical.
If you don't consider that wanting to get all the content as normal, then why adding two separate routes, in particular if the slave one isn't canonical?
Currently, I feel forced to progress on BOTH paths, because you can't (and won't) guarantee me that something in the main stories would not be required to progress on the Slave route. That's why I was changing the route - through cheat - at the END of each update, on a second save slot, and I speedrunned the Slave route until new content.

The love route is the story route, the slave route is the "fuck the story, I want to fuck them instead" route. You will have all the same sex options in both, but it just depends on when it happens.
OK, so THIS is a valuable information, if you can guarantee that there will be NO different content (apart story, of course...) in both path. Ever.

You've just decided to rely on the mod for that information instead of the game.
No, I simply prefer to have a centralized way to see these informations instead of going to more than a hundred of locations (including all locations within hotel, each day, and then all possible locations outside for each girl).
I don't say that most of these informations aren't available, I say that they are laborious to get/collect.

And if there is any point in game where it isn't clear, please tell me! I will fix it!
I just made several posts saying it already, you know... Not even counting an old one.
Apart proposing you to test the mod with the last compatible version and see what it offers ingame, I don't know how to explain it better.

Like I said before, I cannot tell you that something isn't clear if I don't know that it EXISTS - unless re-exploring all the possibilities and combinations available ingame.

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes