ILikeThat

Jul 22, 2017
If I understand correctly, you're stuck on a part of Android's story? What is her friendship level?
I believe it is 31. Says it at the top right when I go to her room.
Like I stated earlier, I did not yet do the event that would have locked her for 0.13.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I believe it is 31. Says it at the top right when I go to her room.
Like I stated earlier, I did not yet do the event that would have locked her for 0.13.
Is Android unavailable as well? Did you buy Sylvia yet?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
so i went from version 0.12 to 0.14 - i recall there being an event for the android that would lock it out and then unlock it in 0.13 but its not triggering?
am i now locked out of the Android's story events or do i just wait for it to happen?
You do need to complete the other girls' events for 12 in order for it to trigger, IIRC.

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
Except for Autumn, there are only 4 each, people need a way to track that?
Apparently. I mean, the guy explicitly used "forgetting which exhibitionism content he'd done" as an example of an inefficient system he'd like to see improved, which certainly strikes me as evidence that some people need a way to track it. Perhaps they last played the game four months ago, and can't remember which content they completed. I don't know, and I don't need to know to acknowledge what they're saying. Not all people consume game content in the same way; the fact you're even questioning this is a little strange to me.

You do them in order, until you have done them all, repeat for fun.
You do. I did. Clearly, not everyone does, and I think assuming people all behave the same way is a bad idea.

How is that hard?
Nobody said it was hard.
What the guy DID say, was that the current way to check if you've done all of a particular type of content (in this example, exhibitonism ) isn't very efficient. He is correct about that. He mentioned that the at-a-glance option available in the mod was a far more efficient option. From the images he showed of the mod, he was correct.
Some of the replies to his comment suggested that just going to each girl, taking them to their respective exhibitonism scene hubs, and checking that way was just as good a way to check as the method he was discussing. They are objectively wrong in that assertion; I used Lin as an example, but feel free to try it yourself and see how long it takes you to check them all. Then compare that to how long it'd take to check based on the images he included from Lain's mod.

You can do this, Click the Info "I".
Click the girl's name.
Look at exhibitionism stat... that tells you how many you have done,
No it doesn't, it tells you how many times you've earned exhibitonism points with them; not everyone does each scene once, in order. If a person has five points with Lin, that doesn't mean they've done all of her scenes once. They might have did her first one three times, and her second scene twice. If they can't remember and would like a way to quickly check, the way from Lain's mod is indisputably quicker than checking each girl one-by-one, and I'm not sure why people aren't engaging with what the guy was actually saying.

I just don't get why people are having troubles here, none of this is complicated.
Again, nobody said it was complicated. I'm not sure why you're acting as if they did.
The guy said the game doesn't contain a way to check which content he has and has not been completed which is as efficent as the way Lain's mod contained. He is correct.
He pointed out that if an option is one you haven't unlocked yet, then Lain's mod also tells you what you need to do to unlock it (Kali friendship 11, for example), meaning you're not going to waste time trying to unlock it until you've acheived those requirements; he also said the the game does not explicitly state those requirements anywhere near as clearly. He is correct about that, as well.

Now, how many people need such a system? I've no idea. It could be just this one guy, but given the amount of people who ask after updates to Lain's mod, and how many people have said they find the mod very helpful, I'm willing to say it's not just him. I'm further willing to say it seems to be quite a few people. I'm unwilling to estimate a proportion of the player base; not enough information to come to such a conclusion.

Sep 1, 2019
Man, I love this game but the lack of a linear experience makes it feel like... less of a connected story. I feel like I have no direction of what I need to do. That's mostly on my personal preferences do. Hope this game keeps getting better, but unfortunately, I'm gonna drop it. Good luck to the devs and the people who enjoy it.

• Sad
Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Apparently. I mean, the guy explicitly used "forgetting which exhibitionism content he'd done" as an example of an inefficient system he'd like to see improved, which certainly strikes me as evidence that some people need a way to track it. Perhaps they last played the game four months ago, and can't remember which content they completed. I don't know, and I don't need to know to acknowledge what they're saying. Not all people consume game content in the same way; the fact you're even questioning this is a little strange to me.

You do. I did. Clearly, not everyone does, and I think assuming people all behave the same way is a bad idea.

Nobody said it was hard.
What the guy DID say, was that the current way to check if you've done all of a particular type of content (in this example, exhibitonism ) isn't very efficient. He is correct about that. He mentioned that the at-a-glance option available in the mod was a far more efficient option. From the images he showed of the mod, he was correct.
Some of the replies to his comment suggested that just going to each girl, taking them to their respective exhibitonism scene hubs, and checking that way was just as good a way to check as the method he was discussing. They are objectively wrong in that assertion; I used Lin as an example, but feel free to try it yourself and see how long it takes you to check them all. Then compare that to how long it'd take to check based on the images he included from Lain's mod.

No it doesn't, it tells you how many times you've earned exhibitonism points with them; not everyone does each scene once, in order. If a person has five points with Lin, that doesn't mean they've done all of her scenes once. They might have did her first one three times, and her second scene twice. If they can't remember and would like a way to quickly check, the way from Lain's mod is indisputably quicker than checking each girl one-by-one, and I'm not sure why people aren't engaging with what the guy was actually saying.

Again, nobody said it was complicated. I'm not sure why you're acting as if they did.
The guy said the game doesn't contain a way to check which content he has and has not been completed which is as efficent as the way Lain's mod contained. He is correct.
He pointed out that if an option is one you haven't unlocked yet, then Lain's mod also tells you what you need to do to unlock it (Kali friendship 11, for example), meaning you're not going to waste time trying to unlock it until you've acheived those requirements; he also said the the game does not explicitly state those requirements anywhere near as clearly. He is correct about that, as well.

Now, how many people need such a system? I've no idea. It could be just this one guy, but given the amount of people who ask after updates to Lain's mod, and how many people have said they find the mod very helpful, I'm willing to say it's not just him. I'm further willing to say it seems to be quite a few people. I'm unwilling to estimate a proportion of the player base; not enough information to come to such a conclusion.
You ignored/cut the other half of what I said, the "unless you are like me" part, but again, there are only FOUR, it's not complicated. And if you ARE like me, and do them a lot, then why do you need to be told what ones are done?

Why would we think people said it was complicated? Because people are whining that some walk through mod is not holding their dick as they play. If it is 'not complicated', then why ask for a walkthrough mod? By asking why is is so hard, we mean, why do you need this info? Of what import is it? What value is it? Why is it worth changing the game over?

The menu tells you how many times you did each event. It doesn't need to tell you which exhibitionism events you did ...because there are only four, and you have to do one, to unlock the next one. Even if you can't remember the 4 things, you have either finished the chain, and you should remember that, or you are not done and you need to do more. What more could you need to know? Even with Autumn's, if you can't remember which one you are on without looking at the menu, you should at least remember if you did the last one in the chain or not.

I mean, nothing is perfect, and everything can be improved, I just don't get why this one matters, if you are not doing the event.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I need to know if there is a way of modifying the save files in some way to fix a bug I have where the game is stuck saying that in order to progress with Lin, I need to give android the human supplies kit. However I already gave her that in a previous version (PC says sold out, clicking *talk* just tells me I need to give her the kit, when I already did.) Which is making it impossible for me to progress the story since I cannot continue Autumn's story, and Lin's story to continue the slave elves story.
Have you taken the android out to dinner, which 'failed', and to dinner once more (which is when she needs the human kit)?

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
One thing I'd like is a different color HUD, or the option to change it. White would not be my first choice. :)

MBdragon

Dec 16, 2018
Have you taken the android out to dinner, which 'failed', and to dinner once more (which is when she needs the human kit)?
Was sure I did. It's the issue where I cannot continue lin's story without android having the kit. If anything I just completed her story and I still cannot talk to lin

MBdragon

Dec 16, 2018
Hmmm, only thing I can think of (if it's not a bug) did you buy Nia, Sylvia and Ann?
Yep, and I cannot progress the story with Sylvia because I cannot talk to Lin. Something happened to the save from the 12....4? update to 13.2 that bugged out the progress. That's why I'm thinking I need to look save editing to fix the issue.

Reactions: freedom.call

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Yep, and I cannot progress the story with Sylvia because I cannot talk to Lin. Something happened to the save from the 12....4? update to 13.2 that bugged out the progress. That's why I'm thinking I need to look save editing to fix the issue.
I don't know anything about save editing, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Sylvia's story really doesn't progress much until you get back from the trip to the High Queen. Lin's and Droid's route are tied together, but Lin is also tied together to the sanctuary elves as well as her sister.

So there's a lot of requirements for a few stories to push forward.

Reactions: TheDevian

MBdragon

Dec 16, 2018
Sylvia's story really doesn't progress much until you get back from the trip to the High Queen. Lin's and Droid's route are tied together, but Lin is also tied together to the sanctuary elves as well as her sister.

So there's a lot of requirements for a few stories to push forward.
Where I am stuck at with Sylvia is that I cannot even take her into the city to talk to her. Android is done for me as well. Not sure where the high queen trip takes place

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes