Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
One thing I would consider, is to have more things to do in some locations, like more interactions in the hotspring, including letting him relax. Let him take a shower, let Ellen and other side people take showers in other time slots, if no one is using it, he can. Ellen could unlock some things early on to give him something to do. Hell, these could be combined...
heartwarming moment (unless you give them the cum one, then maybe a sexy moment, lol).
Actually, this is another perpetual failure of sandbox games, and one HH doesn't avoid: unused locations. The laundry room probably shouldn't even exist, given how rarely it's relevant. But the shower, the hot springs, the garden, the bar, even Ellen's room: all ripe for content, all so terribly underutilized. The idea that about 90% of the time I check on the hot springs there's nothing happening is baffling. I don't necessarily mean from a game standpoint, I mean from a "what if this was real?" standpoint. People would be in the hot springs or the garden all the time. People shower at all hours of the day. Bars aren't just nighttime venues. Put someone there and give them dialogue. Later, when the stats are sufficient, give them events. It'll take a while, but it would make the in-game world so much richer.

Reactions: TheDevian

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I am in the camp of preferring sandbox style games, but I can admit there are some really badly done ones out there.
Off topic I suppose but I wish I could play more sandbox style games. Believe me, I've tried many. Without a good hint system I last about 4 minutes before my eyes glaze over and I slip into a level 3 coma. :(

Especially the mapped ones, why can't they all be in a hotel for fucks sake?!

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Off topic I suppose but I wish I could play more sandbox style games. Believe me, I've tried many. Without a good hint system I last about 4 minutes before my eyes glaze over and I slip into a level 3 coma. :(

Especially the mapped ones, why can't they all be in a hotel for fucks sake?!
I know LiL gave me nightmares for a night or two; worse than watching Takashi Shimizu's movies. I still haven't been able to get through a full sitting of Ju-On, LiL makes me almost if not more scared than that, but you're right though on sandbox games, without a good hint system, might as well be talking to a door knob.

That's why I fell in love with this game so easily, very easy to navigate and you're told what you're missing on a girl's route before you can proceed.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Actually, this is another perpetual failure of sandbox games, and one HH doesn't avoid: unused locations. The laundry room probably shouldn't even exist, given how rarely it's relevant. But the shower, the hot springs, the garden, the bar, even Ellen's room: all ripe for content, all so terribly underutilized. The idea that about 90% of the time I check on the hot springs there's nothing happening is baffling. I don't necessarily mean from a game standpoint, I mean from a "what if this was real?" standpoint. People would be in the hot springs or the garden all the time. People shower at all hours of the day. Bars aren't just nighttime venues. Put someone there and give them dialogue. Later, when the stats are sufficient, give them events. It'll take a while, but it would make the in-game world so much richer.
I agree with most of that, but I would rather see more uses for the laundry room, like maybe helping the maids, and later sex in there. xD

Some of those are starting to get content, like Ellen's room, and the hot spring is starting to as well, including the dates, but like even now, we have girls hanging out there, but you can't do more than say 'hi'. It would be nice to have more. Especially once you start unlocking sex events with those girls, like Ann would always be DTF or whatever, Luci and Hana are kinky enough (though Luci should not be skipping work, lol), eventually the others...

Maybe find Lin cleaning in there, and sneak up behind her, or call her in there and ask her to take a break with you, and so on...

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I agree with most of that, but I would rather see more uses for the laundry room, like maybe helping the maids, and later sex in there. xD

Some of those are starting to get content, like Ellen's room, and the hot spring is starting to as well, including the dates, but like even now, we have girls hanging out there, but you can't do more than say 'hi'. It would be nice to have more. Especially once you start unlocking sex events with those girls, like Ann would always be DTF or whatever, Luci and Hana are kinky enough (though Luci should not be skipping work, lol), eventually the others...

Maybe find Lin cleaning in there, and sneak up behind her, or call her in there and ask her to take a break with you, and so on...
I wouldn't mind doing laundry for the maids in some mini-game, or even helping Moon on Sports night bringing drinks to people, and perhaps incorporate some system that the more you help, maybe it gives you a chance for an extra sex scene or something at the end of it

Maybe bring one of the girl's food that Lin/Droid/Sylvia make for them and bring it to their room..?

Just ideas, but the manager could be doing more around the hotel on days where there are no events rather than doing a repeatable sex scene or manually advancing time just to get through it quicker.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I know LiL gave me nightmares for a night or two; worse than watching Takashi Shimizu's movies. I still haven't been able to get through a full sitting of Ju-On
I don't know who that is, or the movies...guessing you're not recommending.
might as well be talking to a door knob.
Tried that, level 4 coma ensued. :D
why I fell in love with this game so easily, very easy to navigate and you're told what you're missing on a girl's route before you can proceed.
Yup. Tbh I don't understand the point of making a difficult adult game. Losing many potential patrons.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Yup. Tbh I don't understand the point of making a difficult adult game. Losing many potential patrons.
Don't know either. Only think that some devs seen to have 100 one answer question, overdetailed process (like morning routine) and idiotic fetch quest that goes over more than a dozen maps count as content.
Where I seen the ideology in "Does it adds something to the story? Add it. If no, then don't".

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I wouldn't mind doing laundry for the maids in some mini-game, or even helping Moon on Sports night bringing drinks to people, and perhaps incorporate some system that the more you help, maybe it gives you a chance for an extra sex scene or something at the end of it

Maybe bring one of the girl's food that Lin/Droid/Sylvia make for them and bring it to their room..?

Just ideas, but the manager could be doing more around the hotel on days where there are no events rather than doing a repeatable sex scene or manually advancing time just to get through it quicker.
Don't think I would want a minigame, but yeah.

Wait, no, not sports night, anything but sports night!!!!! o_O :cry:

Food delivery is a good one, could give affection/obedience points to both the girl getting the food and the maid.

I like the idea of letting him help around the place for a little extra money, would be helpful to the early days, and that is when you don't have a lot of other options anyway, and when the funds are the most limited.
Don't know either. Only think that some devs seen to have 100 one answer question, overdetailed process (like morning routine) and idiotic fetch quest that goes over more than a dozen maps count as content.
Where I seen the ideology in "Does it adds something to the story? Add it. If no, then don't".
I might also add "is it fun?".

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I don't know who that is, or the movies...guessing you're not recommending.

Tried that, level 4 coma ensued. :D

Takashi Shimizu is a legend among fans of Japanese horror movies (Ju-on/The Grudge), Marebito, After Dark: Reincarnation, etc.

I am recommending, if you want the shit scared out of you.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: freedom.call

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Don't think I would want a minigame, but yeah.

Wait, no, not sports night, anything but sports night!!!!! o_O :cry:

Food delivery is a good one, could give affection/obedience points to both the girl getting the food and the maid.

I like the idea of letting him help around the place for a little extra money, would be helpful to the early days, and that is when you don't have a lot of other options anyway, and when the funds are the most limited.

I might also add "is it fun?".
I think it would be interesting to be allowed in there, see Moon and Maria working their asses off, and maybe helping them out for a reward at the end..

I mean, it's Moon!!! What more needs to be said?

screenshot1205.png

:love::love::love::love::love:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I think it would be interesting to be allowed in there, see Moon and Maria working their asses off, and maybe helping them out for a reward at the end..

I mean, it's Moon!!! What more needs to be said?

I would love to see more stuff in the 'bar', but I can't get the 'sports' bar upgrades, so that would be forever out of my reach if it is locked behind an upgrade I don't want, even if I could buy it. lol

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Relevant to the above: Moon is hot as hell. There can't possibly be enough Moon in this game.

Some of those are starting to get content, like Ellen's room, and the hot spring is starting to as well, including the dates, but like even now, we have girls hanging out there, but you can't do more than say 'hi'.
I suspect that this is something that might be layered in later, if at all. Writing the sort of content we're both asking for slows down development of the main story. HH has a fairly incredible amount of non-story content (and I don't just mean "content" in the usual F95 usage, e.g. sex), but there's always room for improvement. For instance: once the main NPCs are developed enough, they start masturbating in the utility room lobby. Why there? I presume because we're less likely to miss them. But surely the hot springs or the garden would be better locales for random non-story sex events. Granted, the garden's a fairly recent addition, but the hot springs have been around since the beginning, or at least since the first time I played.

The bar could be a great source of randomly triggered events whenever the MC chooses to drink. Right now, aside from a few drinking contests, he can get drunk and that's basically it. But what if there was a mechanism where one drink had a 25% chance of triggering Android's appearance, two drinks a 25% chance of triggering Kali, and so forth? These don't have to be bespoke events — triggering Kali could just lead to her taking you to your room and the same "sleep with Kali" event that already exists — but it would give something we can do (drink at the bar) consequences that it doesn't currently have.

Basically, I'm contending that a perfect sandbox game provides some sort of content (not necessarily story or sex, but something other than a location) during every time period, anywhere the MC is. That's a pretty unreasonable standard, of course, but HH comes close enough to providing just that, that I wonder what it would look like if it went all the way.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017
Friendship is gained through story events.

Story events are usually played through * Talk * options on someones door.
I know that. Here is an example of what I ran into: I use the * Talk * option on Kali but am told I have to raise my friendship with Lin but when I go to her in the evening there is no * Talk * for Lin but I go to the kitchen the next day to raise obedience some event plays. I click on Kali's door and now selecting * Talk * allows me to progress the story.

Primitive Robot?
The one Kali and her friends are building. Supposedly at this time the android had locked herself in her room and you have to wait until the little dog robot shows up and stick your foot in before the door is closed.

MC has a master key, he's used it before.
But he doesn't use it for the android's room when she locks herself in and get so quite he isn't sure she is even in there.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Accidentally right-clicked while trying (and failing) to click on the Human Kit for Android and got this:

Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 6.45.17 PM.png
Can't click away or rollback, and nothing but quitting works. (MacOS, if that helps.)

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
I know that. Here is an example of what I ran into: I use the * Talk * option on Kali but am told I have to raise my friendship with Lin but when I go to her in the evening there is no * Talk * for Lin but I go to the kitchen the next day to raise obedience some event plays. I click on Kali's door and now selecting * Talk * allows me to progress the story.
Obedience and friendship are two different stats, so that seems rather odd for that to happen. Were you speaking to Kali at night when you tried to raise Lin's friendship at night? Wondering if you were "between" two events, so when you tried in the afternoon a different one triggered.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
If I were to make it that realistic, the game would no longer be as fun. These women do other mundane things all the time that you don't see. But morning showers is a mechanic more than it is a lifestyle roleplay thing. It both temporarily locks them away from content and is usually in the morning, so you know when you can expect those sex scenes. Same thing with the hot springs. The main characters already have enough time slots locked away where story or other content can't be done and I don't want to increase that, so that's kept to dates and such. Side characters are already showing up often in the hot springs now though, and more will join. Kate most definitely. The hot springs also acts as a way to attract side characters to the hotel.

The bar doesn't have much content locked to the dark hours I believe. Most of that stuff can be done at any times, except the training I think. But the bar can also be another place for side characters to come! Vanessa, Kim, Nala, Ami, Kate, Hana, I'm sure they'd all like to visit the bar. But like I said, I think main characters already have enough time slots where they are locked out.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Oh good, it looks like everything is working then. The game was asking you to raise Lin's friendship, and you did. Not all events are * Talk * options.

The one Kali and her friends are building. Supposedly at this time the android had locked herself in her room and you have to wait until the little dog robot shows up and stick your foot in before the door is closed.
Does Android appear in this event when she shouldn't?

But he doesn't use it for the android's room when she locks herself in and get so quite he isn't sure she is even in there.
I believe there was a point in the story where he tried before and it didn't work, so he knows Android can overwrite anything she wants to.

anon1012

May 25, 2018
Something I asked about a few patches ago that got lost in the hype for the patch, is there a chance we could get a map of the continent in-game?

With the story developing into something grand beyond the walls of the Hotel, with constant references to other places and even the occasional travel I often get overwhelmed trying to remember where what place was.

My suggestion would be adding it into the pause menu, the same way the Gallery brings up the images of the scenes you could have a page with the map of the Continent and a World map or something like that. That way it is accessible at all times, not just when "walking around" like the stats menu.

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes