tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
i have no mods installed, but when i load my last save i get this odd exception,, odd cuz there is nothing in the script calling for it at all,, not even in other rpys.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

no such label exists, at that line it simply says return. btw never used any mods.

edit: yay!! i figured a way around it, instead of clicking thru the finish announcements, i clicked on the stairs and got past it.

Last edited:

Clownpiece

May 31, 2019
And hi again.
From half of the year ago(or something like that) i wrote a message about empty messages and buttons.
New version - old bugs.
And, well, fuck, i have checked log.txt file in main folder and found something interesting.
When i launch the game, game can't import something like "_renpysteam"
file can be checked lower

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
i have no mods installed, but when i load my last save i get this odd exception,, odd cuz there is nothing in the script calling for it at all,, not even in other rpys.
no such label exists, at that line it simply says return. btw never used any mods.

edit: yay!! i figured a way around it, instead of clicking thru the finish announcements, i clicked on the stairs and got past it.
A very similar thing happens if you use the WT/Cheat Mod. It has to due with the improvements Runey made between the 0.14 update and the 0.15 update and Ren'Py not able to handle the code changes for everyone's saves.
It is why when I updated the mod and trying to iron things out that I was able to get past it by using my save that was in the Lobby and clicking on the Bar icon instead of letting the "you've now completed girl x's story" and then everything was fine,
so I now highly recommend everyone to do their final save for all the latest updates to be in the Lobby.

Reactions: Dunner

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Is there a way to raise stats in the console?

I don't want to use the "cheat" because I still want to experience the story.
Yes but it's easier to use the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod as it does not raise the girls' friendship levels as that would fuck up the game.
Read all the changelogs and look at the screen shots to see what all the WT/Cheat Mod does but you may need to start over to ensure you don't run into any issues (knowing how to use the ctrl key in-game will help if you have to start over).

Though I am very biased for using the WT/Cheat Mod, if you download the mod and look at the file Lain_Cheats.rpy then you should find everything you need for the stats for the console.

Reactions: Dunner

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
A very similar thing happens if you use the WT/Cheat Mod. It has to due with the improvements Runey made between the 0.14 update and the 0.15 update and Ren'Py not able to handle the code changes for everyone's saves.
It is why when I updated the mod and trying to iron things out that I was able to get past it by using my save that was in the Lobby and clicking on the Bar icon instead of letting the "you've now completed girl x's story" and then everything was fine,
so I now highly recommend everyone to do their final save for all the latest updates to be in the Lobby.
I'm using the mod. I'm in the lobby and the message "Congratulations! You've completed x's story." Pops up a soon as I load a save from the previous update. Can't click on anything in the lobby because this message is up., and it pops up instantly. There's no way to click on anything before it pops up.
When I click through the message, the same error immediately error pops up as quoted before I get a chance to click on anything. Anything to be done here? No way around it from what I can tell.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I'm using the mod. I'm in the lobby and the message "Congratulations! You've completed x's story." Pops up a soon as I load a save from the previous update. Can't click on anything in the lobby because this message is up. When I click through the message, the same error immediately error pops up as quoted before I get a chance to click on anything. Anything to be done here? No way around it from what I can tell.
You should be able to click the Bar Icon while that is happening. I don't remember if I clicked immediately or after I clicked on one of them first but I was able to do it multiple times on testing to make sure it wasn't a fluke. The other possible workaround was to try to click Rollback on the error.

Edit:
The issue wasn't the mod but with Ren'Py not liking the improvements Runey made to the game over the previous major release as it's happened to others not using the mod too.

Reactions: Dunner and Mograx

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
You should be able to click the Bar Icon while that is happening. I don't remember if I clicked immediately or after I clicked on one of them first but I was able to do it multiple times on testing to make sure it wasn't a fluke. The other possible workaround was to try to click Rollback on the error.

Edit:
The issue wasn't the mod but with Ren'Py not liking the improvements Runey made to the game over the previous major release as it's happened to others not using the mod too.
Okay I don't know what I was doing wrong the first attempts but this time it worked lol thanks a million!

Out of curiosity earlier to try and circumvent this issue, I loaded a save with the twins earlier and got an error exception that 'truestory' wasn't enabled or something along those lines. It's been so long since I played I don't remember what I did or didn't do in that regard of enabling it.
Does your mod auto enable that? Or should I head to the computer and activate the code for it when I can?

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Okay I don't know what I was doing wrong the first attempts but this time it worked lol thanks a million!

Out of curiosity earlier to try and circumvent this issue, I loaded a save with the twins earlier and got an error exception that 'truestory' wasn't enabled or something along those lines. It's been so long since I played I don't remember what I did or didn't do in that regard of enabling it.
Does your mod auto enable that? Or should I head to the computer and activate the code for it when I can?
TrueStory aka Incest is enabled at the very beginning of the game if you choose YES when asked to enable Incest when using the mod, this was originally done by Lain when she originally created the mod. If you are just now using the mod after having played the game some then you may continue to run into issues which is why I mentioned if you are doing so then you are best to Start A New Game and maybe select Skip Unseen in the Preferences and use the CTRL key to skip dialogue to get to where you need to be.

Of course the other 2 ways to activate TrueStory is either via the Ren'Py console or using the Computer via the game's normal way.

Reactions: Dunner and Mograx

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
By the way, I have a question for you all. How do you feel about having an update where certain characters, like Lin and Ashley, don't get story for an update? This would allow for others to catch up a little more.
Sure. Let other characters catch up. The game is huge already and some of the side characters need some love too.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Main characters not getting an story update once in a while?

I'd be fine with it, especially if it meant that side characters got some extra love. Some of the side characters are intriguing but have fallen somewhat far behind the rest. There's a great deal of potential in these characters, but it feels like its being squandered at the moment. Ellen, Ann and Peni are characters in particular who feel like they've been forgotten about and it just seems a shame to let them fade away like that.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Although I like Lin and Ashley, only one that I don't really care about is Autumn - couldn't warm up to here yet - I understand your point and if it's help you...

Perhaps, then looking that they have a little scene, nothing major, more cameos or additional things like date, Lust or dungeon.

And if it was solely on me, I would do the reverse and add as much content to Ashley as it needed that she will met Ms Ren again. :sneaky:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Sure. Let other characters catch up. The game is huge already and some of the side characters need some love too.
Same, though I hope Autumn is one of the ones catching up... XD
She's the most behind ...of the main girls.
And if it was solely on me, I would do the reverse and add as much content to Ashley as it needed that she will met Ms Ren again. :sneaky:
Okay, that is sound logic, it would also mean her story would be over that much sooner, and we could fill that next room... lol

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
First of all: Happy anniversary and here's to many more :love:(y)

When it comes to the question I advise you to, obviously, do whatever you think works better but personally:
1. I wouldn't mind if you added content for just the side characters to get them more involved with the story (some, like people said, had to be left on the sidelines for the sake of a better connecting story)

2. I wouldn't mind if you added content for just the main characters either since I, like the large majority, enjoy how the story evolved and can't wait to see what's in store for everyone

3. I wouldn't mind if you added content for just 1 character (main or side) just to push them closer to the main story

4. I obviously wouldn't mind your suggestion since I view it as a good compromise

By this point I don't believe there are people that can complain much about which characters get updates seeing how you went on the arduous path of adding some flavor to the dialogue and quests whenever they're connected to events you already experienced (aka Vanessa taking you back to the museum and you pointing out "I was here already" and commenting on the revolutionaries you already met).

Reactions: TheDevian

Ale3

Mar 16, 2021
Happy 4th Anniversary, Runey :)

Agree that some girls literally need more development instead of others. For both main and side (especially side, IMHO).
Personally, i'm fine with skipping an update or two when it comes to main girls like Lin, Ashley (non a fan of her), Kali and the Android.
Then i would like to see some heavy devel for Maria (her mother etc..) and, off course, Autumn. I'm fine with whatever idea u have in mind regardless Emma and Felicity.

Side girls: Ehm...everyone, especially Sylvia and Ellen? seriously all the Sanctuary girls need some freaking heavy love.
And Moon STILL feeling freaking aMEWOzing :Kappa:

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
Happy 4th Anniversary, Runey :)

Agree that some girls literally need more development instead of others. For both main and side (especially side, IMHO).
Personally, i'm fine with skipping an update or two when it comes to main girls like Lin, Ashley (non a fan of her), Kali and the Android.
Then i would like to see some heavy devel for Maria (her mother etc..) and, off course, Autumn. I'm fine with whatever idea u have in mind regardless Emma and Felicity.

Side girls: Ehm...everyone, especially Sylvia and Ellen? seriously all the Sanctuary girls need some freaking heavy love.
And Moon STILL feeling freaking aMEWOzing :Kappa:
you can't find Ash's 'elf-mom' Ms Ren without there being new Ashley content.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian
4.70 star(s) 450 Votes