TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hi, so I have this problem when trying to load a save from 0.14 in the 0.15 version, any idea what could be causing the issue?
I already tried using the complete 0.15 version and the patch for the 0.14, both have the same problem for me.
Maybe I have to finish the whole game and update it after?
View attachment 1877297

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sorry if I made a mistake and I haven't even realized it.
Were you using a mod before?
Did you copy to a new folder, or copy into the old one?
Is the game in a system folder, like the desktop?
Do you have any non-english characters in the path name or your username?

bluehaza

Jun 18, 2022
Were you using a mod before?
Did you copy to a new folder, or copy into the old one?
Is the game in a system folder, like the desktop?
Do you have any non-english characters in the path name or your username?
1.- Nope, I wasn't using any mod.
2.- I copied the folder and installed the patch there following the instructions from the Read_me. When I downloaded the full 0.15 game though, I just unpacked it and opened it.
3.- No, It's in a folder inside my second hard drive. There isn't anything windows related in there.
4.- I don't think so, the only special characters are the numbers in the name of the game's folder, and the name of the MC is just "Isaac".

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
2.- I copied the folder and installed the patch there following the instructions from the Read_me. When I downloaded the full 0.15 game though, I just unpacked it and opened it.
3.- No, It's in a folder inside my second hard drive. There isn't anything windows related in there.
4.- I don't think so, the only special characters are the numbers in the name of the game's folder, and the name of the MC is just "Isaac".
Did you use a mod with this save in the past? I know you said you're not, but if you did previously, it's possible something broke and is just triggering now. If you know the mod you can try updating it and seeing if the save works now - if there was no mod, you may need to provide the full traceback error and maybe someone can identify what might be wrong.

If you can start a brand new game and it loads fine, but only your save is broken, it sounds like you had something that previously modified the save/harddrive corrupted the save and it broke during the update.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Another idea is to try one of the other saves you have, if you don't have any other real saves, check the auto save page.

hvmd

Nov 8, 2018
Well, everyone has different tastes. May I suggest that you search for a lighter-themed visual novel, like Nekopara ??

Edit: Softened tone of post.
I didn't see the original post but ty for your consideration and the suggestion (y)

Thats kinda dismissive... Dude may like plots, just not this specific one.

I love this game and appreciate what Runey is doing, but I can see how some of the plot points could be a boner-killer for some.
Correct. I was on board until I wasn't. I did finish the current version, I can see some good ideas in there but it got to a point when I wasn't interested anymore in the particulars I named, which are a big part of the VN.

bluehaza

Jun 18, 2022
Did you use a mod with this save in the past? I know you said you're not, but if you did previously, it's possible something broke and is just triggering now. If you know the mod you can try updating it and seeing if the save works now - if there was no mod, you may need to provide the full traceback error and maybe someone can identify what might be wrong.

If you can start a brand new game and it loads fine, but only your save is broken, it sounds like you had something that previously modified the save/harddrive corrupted the save and it broke during the update.
Maybe it was corrupted in some way, but it is odd, since I can play in those saves if I open the previous version of the game.
And I didn't use any mods, or at least not that I'm aware of; I downloaded the game months ago and I've been playing it slowly, I didn't even use cheats.

Here's the traceback:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Maybe it was corrupted in some way, but it is odd, since I can play in those saves if I open the previous version of the game.
And I didn't use any mods, or at least not that I'm aware of; I downloaded the game months ago and I've been playing it slowly, I didn't even use cheats.

Here's the traceback:
While I'm learning python, I don't know renpy so this could be just a wild shot in the dark. There are multiple errors most of which related to your layout scripts not firing. I know you said you don't recall, but my first thought is you used a walkthrough mod (not sure if it touches these, but it kinda makes sense it would). I'd suggest what TheDevian suggested and try an auto save or check out the walkthrough mod and see if it sounds familiar, install it and see if your save starts working again. Otherwise unless someone can give you more precise knowledge of the renpy errors you have, you're likely going to need a new save.

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022

Here's the traceback:
What I'm seeing seems like it may be UI related. Other than it sometimes being altered by mods, maybe the changes made to the UI in this game update borked something?

bluehaza

Jun 18, 2022
While I'm learning python, I don't know renpy so this could be just a wild shot in the dark. There are multiple errors most of which related to your layout scripts not firing. I know you said you don't recall, but my first thought is you used a walkthrough mod (not sure if it touches these, but it kinda makes sense it would). I'd suggest what TheDevian suggested and try an auto save or check out the walkthrough mod and see if it sounds familiar, install it and see if your save starts working again. Otherwise unless someone can give you more precise knowledge of the renpy errors you have, you're likely going to need a new save.
I'm pretty sure it's not thanks to a mod, I don't play the game that much and I should remember if I used it. All the saves work perfectly in the last version, but when I try to use them in 0.15, the error appears.
I wouldn't really mind starting from scratch, but it is a bit concerning that it might happen again when a new version releases.

bluehaza

Jun 18, 2022
What I'm seeing seems like it may be UI related. Other than it sometimes being altered by mods, maybe the changes made to the UI in this game update borked something?
No clue, I'll try playing for an hour in the latest version using a new save and see if anything happens.

Nov 30, 2018
Can anyone help me in getting Violet? I imputted the spinningtv code but its saying that its invalid. I read somewhere i have to complete everyone's story stuff, which i did. Am i doing something wrong or not doing something?

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes