lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the reply, yeah, that's what I thought, what bothers me is that absolutely nobody seems to be aware of that in the game. Kali seems to catch on to it at some point but dismisses it really quick. and I would have expected Vanessa to understand what was going on, but she missed it by a whole train.

Other than that, is there another way than Patreon to support you?
I don't really have enough money to subscribe, but considering how long and how much I liked the game, I'd really like to give you something.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
guys is anonfile server down??? it's super slow, does anybody have another download link?? cuz mega is not free, mix drop super slow too, and the other one is a dead link
Anon is always slow, it's one of the worst in that regard, though it is usually reliable at least.
Thanks for the reply, yeah, that's what I thought, what bothers me is that absolutely nobody seems to be aware of that in the game. Kali seems to catch on to it at some point but dismisses it really quick. and I would have expected Vanessa to understand what was going on, but she missed it by a whole train.

I don't really have enough money to subscribe, but considering how long and how much I liked the game, I'd really like to give you something.
It does make me wonder who will be the first one in the game to figure it out. The elf-bot thing was always a bad idea, and really creepy. I kind of think Android will be the one to see it, if nothing else, I am curious to see her reaction to them.

There is Subscribe star as well, but you can always subscribe to one, and then cancel it later to make a small donation.

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
Anon is always slow, it's one of the worst in that regard, though it is usually reliable at least.

It does make me wonder who will be the first one in the game to figure it out. The elf-bot thing was always a bad idea, and really creepy. I kind of think Android will be the one to see it, if nothing else, I am curious to see her reaction to them.

There is Subscribe star as well, but you can always subscribe to one, and then cancel it later to make a small donation.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

itch.io is available as a way to support me, but you may not get all of the same rewards.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Personally, I think you have shown your talents as a storywriter/worldbuilder, as a lot of things you have written is open to the reader's interpretation of events/explanations, the interweaving storyline etc. You see this with a lot of the great literature and movies, the fact that you have a dedicated community discussing/argueing the finer points of what you have written just shows how much talent you have.

on a sidenote, if you ever decide to write a book, let me know.

now, my personal thoughts on some story points :

Anyway, this post got a tad longer then intended, so I'll leave it here for now.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
now, my personal thoughts on some story points :

Anyway, this post got a tad longer then intended, so I'll leave it here for now.

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
It's worse than that. They're not going to kill the elves; Elf Bots require elf blood as a component, so the elves won't be killed, they'll be harvested. They'll go from being an enslaved people, to a fuel source.

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
It's worse than that. They're not going to kill the elves; Elf Bots require elf blood as a component, so the elves won't be killed, they'll be harvested. They'll go from being enslaved people to a fuel source.
Yeah, but you don't need one billion elves to fuel the bots. And they have cloning technology. Keep a few thousand or even millions alive to be safe, and once you are able to synthesize their blood, be done with them. That's also plenty of time to realize how dumb using blood is and replace it with oil.

And by the way, saying they neutralized them is all good, but once again, cloning is an option. Probably not financially viable, but I'm pretty sure mass cloning is cheaper than breeding and buying. Yes, there is a diplomatic issue with that, but... don't tell, don't get caught? You don't declare the ones who die or conveniently disappear and voilà!

You don't even need a whole elf to get blood. That's why it's pretty stupid to use blood or elves in the first place.

Clone the organs you need, put them into the bot and you're done.

Or use freaking oil.

Can you imagine someone visiting a car manufactory, looking at the robots and thinking: "hmm, that arm needs human blood in it"?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah, but you don't need one billion elves to fuel the bots.
No? How many pints of blood does it take to run a single Elf Bot, and how quickly does that Elf Bot burn through that blood (a human can donate about 1/2 a pint per month)? Once the blood is extracted from an elf, is it a simple matter of injecting it into an Elf Bot, or does the blood need to be processed or refined in some way? How many Elf Bots will it take to replace the entire elf work force, and how much blood will those hundreds of millions of Bots need per month?

That's also plenty of time to realize how dumb using blood is and replace it with oil.
They're not using elf blood out of stupidity; the game implied there's something about elf blood that is required in order for the Bots to function, and that there is no viable substitute that they know of. Whatever that "something" is cannot be replaced with oil, or they'd have been doing so already; I highly doubt their first thought when creating a robot was "how about filling it with elf blood, just to see what happens?"

Probably not financially viable, but I'm pretty sure mass cloning is cheaper than breeding and buying.
Doubtful; if it were cheaper to clone than to breed, then Syl'ananr would already be cloning elves rather than breeding them the old-fashioned way. Since they're not doing that, it's safe to conclude that cloning isn't an economically viable option.

Clone the organs you need, put them into the bot and you're done.
Do you know how blood is made in a human being? Bone marrow and kidneys (specifically a hormone called erythropoietin). And you can't just fill an Elf Bot with some bones, slap a kidney in the chassis, and expect them to produce blood cells; without a functioning central nervous system, cardiopulmonary system, and digestive system, they won't do anything. Basically, they'd need to be connected to a living thing in order to function properly (i.e an elf, in this case).

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Hey, you know, not everyone wants free range food, that they have to hunt themselves. Sometimes it is nice to get something prepackaged! :cool:

...What?!?! You never heard of factory farming?!? V^^^^V
I might be misremembering, but I think WoD series games / books had "vintages" for blood along with quality levels. I'd imagine a vampire could go to an "exclusive club" and order anywhere from "Random Hobo" to "Virgin Russian Mafia Princess" off their drink menu. Might be the same thing for elves. High-elf Elf-bots probably run better than the Dark-elf versions but need more maintenance.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I might be misremembering, but I think WoD series games / books had "vintages" for blood along with quality levels. I'd imagine a vampire could go to an "exclusive club" and order anywhere from "Random Hobo" to "Virgin Russian Mafia Princess" off their drink menu. Might be the same thing for elves. High-elf Elf-bots probably run better than the Dark-elf versions but need more maintenance.
Sorry to nitpick... but...

High-elves hid themselves away on Syl'iath, and as far as anyone is concerned Sylvia is classed as Unique/one-of-a-kind, hence why Cornwall had her... until we bought her.

although I am curious as to what makes Elvish blood unique compared to Human blood... possibly some magical part that allows them to use those magical crystals that the fairies also use... (sidenote, how many fairies would have to be completely drained of blood to power a single elf-bot? I'm Guessing somewhere in the region of 5000 to 1 based on the size of them)

• Thinking Face

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
Hey, you know, not everyone wants free range food, that they have to hunt themselves. Sometimes it is nice to get something prepackaged! :cool:

...What?!?! You never heard of factory farming?!? V^^^^V
To be honest if people wanted factory farming, wouldn't they just go to McDonald's? XD

• Thinking Face
Reactions: kleiner

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Sorry to nitpick... but...

High-elves hid themselves away on Syl'iath, and as far as anyone is concerned Sylvia is classed as Unique/one-of-a-kind, hence why Cornwall had her... until we bought her.
Yeah, I know, she's rare, but I doubt she's the only one, and not everyone has a Ferrari or Maserati either, I'd imagine it would be like that. If Daddy Warbucks wanted some, I'm sure he could get them for his premium Elf-bots.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes