TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I might be misremembering, but I think WoD series games / books had "vintages" for blood along with quality levels. I'd imagine a vampire could go to an "exclusive club" and order anywhere from "Random Hobo" to "Virgin Russian Mafia Princess" off their drink menu. Might be the same thing for elves. High-elf Elf-bots probably run better than the Dark-elf versions but need more maintenance.
That is true, one group had to be exclusive, or they would throw it up. No hobos or rats for them!

But that is an interesting point.
Sorry to nitpick... but...

High-elves hid themselves away on Syl'iath, and as far as anyone is concerned Sylvia is classed as Unique/one-of-a-kind, hence why Cornwall had her... until we bought her.

although I am curious as to what makes Elvish blood unique compared to Human blood... possibly some magical part that allows them to use those magical crystals that the fairies also use... (sidenote, how many fairies would have to be completely drained of blood to power a single elf-bot? I'm Guessing somewhere in the region of 5000 to 1 based on the size of them)
I am really curious to find out, on both of those points. Would the different races of elf make a difference? Are some more 'powerful' than others?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To be honest if people wanted factory farming, wouldn't they just go to McDonald's? XD
McDonald's sells blood now?!?!?!?!?! :ROFLMAO:
This changes everything vamp.jpg

Aug 20, 2019
Hey, I'm having trouble unlocking the repeatable threeway scene with Lucia and Kali. I've gotten Kali's relationship to level 30 and Lucia is at level 3/8. Anyone got any tips?

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
That is true, one group had to be exclusive, or they would throw it up. No hobos or rats for them!

But that is an interesting point.

I am really curious to find out, on both of those points. Would the different races of elf make a difference? Are some more 'powerful' than others?

McDonald's sells blood now?!?!?!?!?! :ROFLMAO:
How do you think they got the McRib sandwiches?

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
How do you think they got the McRib sandwiches?
Is THAT why they are so limited? :ROFLMAO:
On the off chance that anyone wants a serious answer, McDonald's only sells the McRib when pork is very, very cheap because they want to both keep the price of the sandwich low and to keep people coming back for it rather than getting used to it always being there.

• Haha
Reactions: c3p0 and TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Runey

You saw Iksa and her group save Lin during Lin's retelling of that story. They have also spent time together during that uprising (which I hope was implied), but not a lot.

Yeah, but you don't need one billion elves to fuel the bots. And they have cloning technology. Keep a few thousand or even millions alive to be safe, and once you are able to synthesize their blood, be done with them. That's also plenty of time to realize how dumb using blood is and replace it with oil.
Can you say that for certain? Let's consider it; Syl'anar is just one country with about 3 billion humans on it (It's twice the size of north america) but only 1 billion elves. So there is already high demand and not enough supply, but one elf is able to support a few elf bots, so if every elf was turned into a battery, most of Syl'anar would be covered. But it doesn't end there, elf slavery is illegal in other parts of the world, and they're not allowed to leave Syl'anar anyway. Trenero's plan goes further. He wants to bring the power of slavery to the whole world, and there are more people living outside of Syl'anar than inside of Syl'anar, so billions more on this super-planet. It's a huge market no one has tapped into, that only the richest man in the world really could.

(They also don't have cloning technology capable of cloning humans, that was invented for reasons. Well, maybe something could be done in the womb, but F&E aren't clones. Use the code truestory for the true story.)

Or use freaking oil.

Can you imagine someone visiting a car manufactory, looking at the robots and thinking: "hmm, that arm needs human blood in it"?
Most of the oil was used during and right after the industrial revolution. This world is basically ours tuned to 11, they almost destroyed their planet during this age and flooded a huge portion of the planet, even Syl'anar lost like 10% - 15% of its land. You wouldn't know this though, it's never been mentioned in game as I've not found a reason to mention it yet. Most of the world has "figured it out" and runs on nuclear fusion and some renewables where it make sense. When Cornwall was a kid, the skies would have still been visibly dusty nearly every day, now it's fine. This is another big reason no one wants to break the status quo.

They're not using elf blood out of stupidity; the game implied there's something about elf blood that is required in order for the Bots to function, and that there is no viable substitute that they know of. Whatever that "something" is cannot be replaced with oil, or they'd have been doing so already; I highly doubt their first thought when creating a robot was "how about filling it with elf blood, just to see what happens?"
There's nothing special about elf blood other than their unique blood types. That was just religious nonsense. Human blood could be used. Part of the reason these are made like they are is because the materials can be grown instead of mined. For the most part, this is a far sighted solution to the finite resources on the planet. One of the main metaphors for using elves is that they're so close to humans, any of this could happen to you too. Some choose to see them as the other, and some choose to see them as themselves.

Last edited:

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
Wow, that's really interesting, I really love the amount of detail you put in your story.

But when I said oil, I didn't mean petroleum, more like fluid for hydraulics (it's called oil in my language, I have absolutely no idea what it is made of, but I'm sure it's not human blood.)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
But when I said oil, I didn't mean petroleum, more like fluid for hydraulics (it's called oil in my language, I have absolutely no idea what it is made of, but I'm sure it's not human blood.)
It's not the same though, the blood is not (if I understand correctly), used as a lubricant, it is the fuel source. Using something in the blood to power them.
I could have misunderstood, though...

Reactions: rKnight

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
It's not the same though, the blood is not (if I understand correctly), used as a lubricant, it is the fuel source. Using something in the blood to power them.
I could have misunderstood, though...
Oil is not the lubricant, that would be greasse, oil is in the piston it is what is used to activate it and push on it. liquid being incompressable ( in day to day lives) it is used in Hydrolics to activate all sorts of machinery requiering a lot of force and precision. It is how an excavator operator can flip a quarter with his bucket without taking a chunck of the ground with it.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Oil is not the lubricant, that would be greasse, oil is in the piston it is what is used to activate it and push on it. liquid being incompressable ( in day to day lives) it is used in Hydrolics to activate all sorts of machinery requiering a lot of force and precision. It is how an excavator operator can flip a quarter with his bucket without taking a chunck of the ground with it.
If memory serves, blood is used much like it is in the human body (or elf body in this case) as a way to deliver nutrients of some sort throughout the bot. It was apparently the most effective way to do this

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
If memory serves, blood is used much like it is in the human body (or elf body in this case) as a way to deliver nutrients of some sort throughout the bot. It was apparently the most effective way to do this
Ho I am not arguing with that. It is just that the Devian samedi to have miss understood what inomsim said.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes