Delighted12

Oct 28, 2018
Also, I think you cherry-picked the bad dialogue of this game :(

99% of the story is awesome, 1% ain't so great. I urge you to look at the 99%.
Do I have to tell you all the girls' personalities? I read them all. Even when there are like 10 selections on the screen, I still read them all. That's why I feel disappointed. Nothing impressive.

That kind of dialogue makes me out of the tone. It's hard for me to immerse myself in it. When I saw that, I was like, "Common sense doesn't exist in this world?" And not to mention the inconsistencies in the story. Lin forget her parents' name but later there is another elf said something like this to Jin: "But you're an elf, you should be good in memory!!" I know she said it was because of the drug. But what about Lin? I can go on and on if you want me to.

Maybe you think I'm picky, but I'm the one who thought there would be a business battle between MC and Kali's father. The dialogue performance is weak for me. And the dev is clearly only putting a little effort into camera work during dialogues. That's another reason why I said the story is not engaging. The weak dialogue can be fixed by camera work, but both are weak. What can I do. lol

I said I respected Dev's ideology. That's why I said I respected all the stuff in that review. So it's not because I hate some specific ideology or something. Don't worry.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Do I have to tell you all the girls' personalities? I read them all. Even when there are like 10 selections on the screen, I still read them all. That's why I feel disappointed. Nothing impressive.

That kind of dialogue makes me out of the tone. It's hard for me to immerse myself in it. When I saw that, I was like, "Common sense doesn't exist in this world?" And not to mention the inconsistencies in the story. Lin forget her parents' name but later there is another elf said something like this to Jin: "But you're an elf, you should be good in memory!!" I know she said it was because of the drug. But what about Lin? I can go on and on if you want me to.

Maybe you think I'm picky, but I'm the one who thought there would be a business battle between MC and Kali's father. The dialogue performance is weak for me. And the dev is clearly only putting a little effort into camera work during dialogues. That's another reason why I said the story is not engaging. The weak dialogue can be fixed by camera work, but both are weak. What can I do. lol

I said I respected Dev's ideology. That's why I said I respected all the stuff in that review. So it's not because I hate some specific ideology or something. Don't worry.
Can we please stop this? I could correct everything you got wrong, like that story also mentioning that elves don't remember everything when they're nearly toddlers... as Lin was when their parents died... but it's pretty clear that you just don't care. You could have spent all this time writing a real review so I could fix any possible inconsistencies you noticed, but you're arguing with random internet strangers about something you don't even like. Just share your opinions, don't attack people, and move on.

Last edited:

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
I don’t feel that they thought all that much before they rattled off that statement either … I just spotlighted it because people that are aware of the devisive statements they “drop” into accidentally and they can avoid such faux pas.

Its great that in the world of HH politics are present but have no real presence or role other than deep background. It was an excellent choice and writing on your part to the overall depth of the story.

Its always best to paint the picture and then let others interpret how the story(picture) is relevant for themselves.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Apologies if you felt I was going down a garbage path (I think so too)
(politics is garbage) but I felt it might be helpful for the OP to be aware that the way they expressed their point turned 25% of his audience into evil “them” and while it’s motivating and emotionally persuasive it’s also incorrect & divisive (possibly manipulative) …
I was encouraging a more “go high” approach & argument.

Delighted12

Oct 28, 2018
Can we please stop this? I could correct everything you got wrong, like that story also mentioning that elves don't remember everything when they're nearly toddlers... as Lin was when their parents died... but it's pretty clear that you just don't care. You could have spent all this time writing a real review, but you're arguing with random internet strangers about something you don't even like. Just share your opinions, don't attack people, and move on.

First of all, I'm bored. And if I have to write a review, I have to play the game and write it at the same time. I do take it seriously. (Maybe I skip a little.) And I am working right now. It only took me 30 seconds to reply. Don't worry about my work.

Second, I didn't attack anyone unless they said something to me. If ever, it was only at that review.

Lastly, I have more comments about your games in those replies now. But you starts tell me to stop. Alright. I can't even talk about the game in the game thread here. lol

Last edited:

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
Has she not hooked up with others? I know she can hook up with Moon but I can't recall any Mains off the top of my head. It's hard to remember everything I've made now haha. That stuff will definitely happen though.

As I'm remaking these older events I've noticed how bad my writing used to be, to put it bluntly. I think the way I write now makes a lot more sense and is much more engaging. It also really helps to have the foresight of future content now. The beginning of the game still needs a lot of work, and I hope everyone is loving the changes. I haven't heard many complaints about them so I think I'm doing right. Sorry, I know that isn't directly what you asked haha.
Not to my knowledge of a straight up lesbian scene when MC not present. Even for Moon I'll have to double check my game saves for what I have unlocked for gallery as Moon was with Maria not Kali though for Kali I felt it was getting further progressed on her being hooking up with at least one of the main females. Given Maria being the most open sexually kind of had that feel the most but she's been already involved with Ashley in the earlier ongoings of the game.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Not to my knowledge of a straight up lesbian scene when MC not present. Even for Moon I'll have to double check my game saves for what I have unlocked for gallery as Moon was with Maria not Kali though for Kali I felt it was getting further progressed on her being hooking up with at least one of the main females. Given Maria being the most open sexually kind of had that feel the most but she's been already involved with Ashley in the earlier ongoings of the game.
Oh, I try to keep the girls' sexuality in mind when creating these scenes. So Kali or Ashley typically wouldn't do that without MC being present. Some of them might be "Heteroflexible" for the purposes of this game, like Ashley doing a lot of kissing even though she's the straigthest with her breeding fetish, haha. But yes I definitely plan to add more threesomes/foursomes/orgies as the game progresses and each character gets closer to each other.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Sorry to pile on Runey.

but since you are “here” & actively engaged with us at the moment.

In the past (or in my review of HH) I mentioned a possible game “upgrade” and I don’t know the answer. So sorry in advance if you already answered this.

My question / suggestion was with regards to red room content and whether or not if it was possible to expand & improve the interactivity aspects. I can see why this would be very low on the priority list (especially since story wrap up & character developments are massively higher priority and lots and lots of work). Not to mention that a rework/expansion of red room would be a HUGE task.

Reworking the red room scene options & giving them functionality of say Pink Tea Slave Lord of the Galaxy(which is done in non ren‘py iirc)

I guess I was just curious on your thoughts (technical? (It’s impossible), bad idea(not for my game), I hesitate to suggest collaborating with PT (but perfect world & in the interest of making a “Epic Best”) and maybe PT loves you & wants to be a guest programmer)

… no pressure regarding this question I just was curious about your thoughts & if you had experienced the functionality I am referring to.

Last edited:

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Sorry to pile on Runey.

but since you are “here” & actively engaged with us at the moment.

In the past (or in my review of HH) I mentioned a possible game “upgrade” and I don’t know the answer. So sorry in advance if you already answered this.

My question / suggestion was with regards to red room content and whether or not if it was possible to expand & improve the interactivity aspects. I can see why this would be very low on the priority list (especially since story wrap up & character developments are massively higher priority and lots and lots of work). Not to mention that a rework/expansion of red room would be a HUGE task.

Reworking the red room scene options & giving them functionality of say Pink Tea Slave Lord of the Galaxy(which is done in non ren‘py iirc)

I guess I was just curious on your thoughts (technical? (It’s impossible), bad idea(not for my game), I hesitate to suggest collaborating with PT (but perfect world & in the interest of making a “Epic Best”) and maybe PT loves you & wants to be a guest programmer)

… no pressure regarding this question I just was curious about your thoughts & if you had experienced the functionality I am referring to.
All of the dungeon content except for Felicity and Emma's need to remade, but I have also planned for 4 training options to be the minimum, so it can certainly get an upgrade in the future.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
All of the dungeon content except for Felicity and Emma's need to remade, but I have also planned for 4 training options to be the minimum, so it can certainly get an upgrade in the future.
Have you seen the scenes in PT SLOG I’m talking about??
specifically the the Cat girl (Jaba role) on the Ewok planet or the various scenes of the main antagonist girl (on her home world).

If you haven’t seen it give yourself a nice break and give it a quick play through … it’s very short but fun.

It never hurts to ”steal” / pay homage / be inspired!!! … lol

QT does it ALL the time.
49C37DA1-3D45-439D-BA1D-7844776D85F9.jpeg

Last edited:

jocoyo

May 9, 2018
Is it just me who enjoys some of the older scenes more than the remade ones? For example I like the older Kali's BJ and Maria's cowgirl scenes more than the remakes, and I think some of the remade "cum outside" scenes don't look as good.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
steal? homage?
Why Not Both Kali-Luci.png
Is it just me who enjoys some of the older scenes more than the remade ones? For example I like the older Kali's BJ and Maria's cowgirl scenes more than the remakes, and I think some of the remade "cum outside" scenes don't look as good.
There are some, but mostly the new ones are better, even the ones I like less for other reasons, most I just want access to both ^, since I like the new ones as well. ;)

Hentai1987

Apr 16, 2018
Oh, I try to keep the girls' sexuality in mind when creating these scenes. So Kali or Ashley typically wouldn't do that without MC being present. Some of them might be "Heteroflexible" for the purposes of this game, like Ashley doing a lot of kissing even though she's the straigthest with her breeding fetish, haha. But yes I definitely plan to add more threesomes/foursomes/orgies as the game progresses and each character gets closer to each other.
hell yes!

Reactions: kleiner

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Man... I go off the grid for one weekend and the first thing I see is this:

View attachment 2172124
THIS GUY IS LITERALLY THE SCARIEST THING IVE EVER SEEN.

Please pass the eye bleach.
I'm honestly just glad he was still wearing his drawers and the thing in his hand wasn't a dildo. Now that would warrant some hydrochloric acid splashes directly to the eyeballs.

hentiEnjoyer

May 15, 2021
Runey I hope these negative comments don't get to you, they're clearly a minority. Look at your Patreon, 5k+ people directly supporting what you're doing.

Yes, the writing is sometimes cringe; some game mechanics are underdeveloped. Is that a deal breaker for most? No.

The game is free, characters are great, sex scenes are hot, plot is alright (it's a lewd game, people expecting Hugo Awards nomination are the same people buying a $50 phone and complaining it's slow ‍♂).

You're doing great, the game is good. If you recontextualize for the genre and intended audience (lewd game one-handed play enjoyers) - the game is stellar and one of the best ever made.

Btw I really like your take on "sandbox", it's not grindy, there's no unnecessary gating, you can just goof around. Oh and I get a cozy feeling when I hear that overplayed Kevin MacLeod - Easy Lemon opening, I bet I'm not the only one.

Keep it up! I'm looking forward to every update!

Delighted12

Oct 28, 2018
Runey I hope these negative comments don't get to you, they're clearly a minority. Look at your Patreon, 5k+ people directly supporting what you're doing.

Yes, the writing is sometimes cringe; some game mechanics are underdeveloped. Is that a deal breaker for most? No.

The game is free, characters are great, sex scenes are hot, plot is alright (it's a lewd game, people expecting Hugo Awards nomination are the same people buying a $50 phone and complaining it's slow ‍♂).

You're doing great, the game is good. If you recontextualize for the genre and intended audience (lewd game one-handed play enjoyers) - the game is stellar and one of the best ever made.

Btw I really like your take on "sandbox", it's not grindy, there's no unnecessary gating, you can just goof around. Oh and I get a cozy feeling when I hear that overplayed Kevin MacLeod - Easy Lemon opening, I bet I'm not the only one.

Keep it up! I'm looking forward to every update!
I really don't know what to say. I know you're trying to make him feel better. But it's literally constructive criticism, and I even restrained myself when I re-wrote that review. The game has been there for 4 years, yet there are still no proper sound effects, in-game interactions, or real hotel simulator content. The same music is used in the entire game. He can literally pay people to do it for him since he has 5K+ people supporting him on Patreon. A fan-made mod has done the UI better than the game. The dev forced us to watch the events, yet it's terribly written. You even admitted that the writing is sometimes cringe. But remember, that's the most focused content in the game. It's no surprise he keeps remaking the scenes now because the story is messed up. There is even one guy who says he likes the old scenes more than the new ones from just hours ago.
And what do you mean by "it's not grindy?" In order to get to Lin's next event. I have to play Android's route until level 25 or something. Really? The characters are made from Honey Select. I am not saying that HS is bad. But there is no camera work during conversations. Learn from other HS games, please. Just because this is a free game has nothing to do with the game's content.

Am I talking to Yandere Simulator community right now? This is my last reply here.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 450 Votes