hentiEnjoyer

May 15, 2021
I really don't know what to say. I know you're trying to make him feel better. But it's literally constructive criticism, and I even restrained myself when I re-wrote that review. The game has been there for 4 years, yet there are still no proper sound effects, in-game interactions, or real hotel simulator content. The same music is used in the entire game. He can literally pay people to do it for him since he has 5K+ people supporting him on Patreon. A fan-made mod has done the UI better than the game. The dev forced us to watch the events, yet it's terribly written. You even admitted that the writing is sometimes cringe. But remember, that's the most focused content in the game. It's no surprise he keeps remaking the scenes now because the story is messed up. There is even one guy who says he likes the old scenes more than the new ones from just hours ago.
And what do you mean by "it's not grindy?" In order to get to Lin's next event. I have to play Android's route until level 25 or something. Really? The characters are made from Honey Select. I am not saying that HS is bad. But there is no camera work during conversations. Learn from other HS games, please. Just because this is a free game has nothing to do with the game's content.

Am I talking to Yandere Simulator community right now? This is my last reply here.
I'm sorry you feel this way, I read your review, and read some of your posts... your "constructive criticism" is whining about the game not being the way you want it to be.

You're inserting your wants and needs above everything else, it's either the way you want it to be or it's trash. The fact you mald over it so much is worrying. Why don't you make your own game then? I'd love to see what you can do.

Re: cringe writing
Yes, there are some badly written events, but they're few and far between, I can't even tell you which ones because it wasn't a big deal. To be honest, there's some unexpectedly strong writing for this type of game that caught me by surprise.

Tl;dr you're the vocal minority, make your own game if this one doesn't work for you, your review is full of confusing arguments that negate and counter each other, plus it's also full of just plain stupid stuff - cases in point "The weak dialogue can be fixed by camera work"; "Don't play this unless you're really into simulator games (it's not even good when we're talking about simulator games)" - my dude, this isn't a simulator game, if you're playing this to learn how to manage your newly inherited hotel... you're gonna get yourself locked in prison ‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂

hentiEnjoyer

May 15, 2021
I can't help myself but to reply. One of the fans says this is a sandbox game. And you think this is not a sandbox or simulator game, yet I literally wrote that I was looking for a good story and got disappointed. Who's confusing now?
Dude, how can you be so wrong when it's written literally 3 posts above? To answer your question: You are confusing. You're arguing here because you're proven wrong time and time again, getting your feelings hurt in a public forum. I'm likely the last person to reply to you before everyone just straight up ignores all the weird stuff you try to spin. Yikes

Btw I really like your take on "sandbox", it's not grindy, there's no unnecessary gating, you can just goof around. Oh and I get a cozy feeling when I hear that overplayed Kevin MacLeod - Easy Lemon opening, I bet I'm not the only one.

Delighted12

Oct 28, 2018
Dude, how can you be so wrong when it's written literally 3 posts above? To answer your question: You are confusing. You're arguing here because you're proven wrong time and time again, getting your feelings hurt in a public forum. I'm likely the last person to reply to you before everyone just straight up ignores all the weird stuff you try to spin. Yikes
No, I'm really sorry if I misunderstood something. And that sandbox stuff I wrote is in the first paragraph on Wikipedia. It's just the basic definition of sandbox games. It has nothing to do with my take. Anyway, bye guys.

Last edited:

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
Oh, I try to keep the girls' sexuality in mind when creating these scenes. So Kali or Ashley typically wouldn't do that without MC being present. Some of them might be "Heteroflexible" for the purposes of this game, like Ashley doing a lot of kissing even though she's the straigthest with her breeding fetish, haha. But yes I definitely plan to add more threesomes/foursomes/orgies as the game progresses and each character gets closer to each other.
True also in terms of fetish I get the concept for footjob although during threesome/foursome or two girls together what about that aspect for foot fetish on toe sucking applied during sexual positions?

DougsLeftNut

Nov 13, 2017
Has she not hooked up with others? I know she can hook up with Moon but I can't recall any Mains off the top of my head. It's hard to remember everything I've made now haha. That stuff will definitely happen though.

As I'm remaking these older events I've noticed how bad my writing used to be, to put it bluntly. I think the way I write now makes a lot more sense and is much more engaging. It also really helps to have the foresight of future content now. The beginning of the game still needs a lot of work, and I hope everyone is loving the changes. I haven't heard many complaints about them so I think I'm doing right. Sorry, I know that isn't directly what you asked haha.
IIRC, isn't one of the very early moments of interaction her participating in you having Lin service her because she did something wrong?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Runey

Yes, the writing is sometimes cringe; some game mechanics are underdeveloped. Is that a deal breaker for most? No.
I notice that almost every time I go back and remake some of the oldest events I've made. I think the nature of remaking events shows that I know the early game story needs improvements in every area. Most people pick up on that, some apparently don't... but I would like to know where these lines of cringe dialogue are if you can ever remember them. The chances are that if it visually looks old, then it's about to be remade. Most of Android's stuff looks the oldest now, which is kind of funny considering she's one of the newer ones!

Daastaan007

Jan 10, 2019
It would be better if Dev start a new part.

This one's size is getting bigger.

Ever the size of Android port is more than 3gb.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022

Size is a factor of content … so if you want small size you end up with little content.
Then your complaint would be ”it’s too short & nothing to do”

It seems that you are asking for an impossibility…

The game size is what it is. I know efforts have been made to keep the size as reasonable as is possible because I’ve read posts where Runey describes/talks about efforts/actions taken to streamline & compress.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

Splitting the game into parts is really finicky in games that aren't completely linear. For example, you couldn't do any repeatable content in any other part except the first. And that part would mostly just be repeatables with no story. So it just ends up as a horrible experience.

hentiEnjoyer

May 15, 2021
I notice that almost every time I go back and remake some of the oldest events I've made. I think the nature of remaking events shows that I know the early game story needs improvements in every area. Most people pick up on that, some apparently don't... but I would like to know where these lines of cringe dialogue are if you can ever remember them. The chances are that if it visually looks old, then it's about to be remade. Most of Android's stuff looks the oldest now, which is kind of funny considering she's one of the newer ones!
I'd have to replay the game, but as far as I remember it was not really a big deal. Calling it "cringe dialogue" might be too harsh on my part. The game is goofy, male harem fantasy, it's thousands of lines of writing, of course there's gonna be lines that don't land with everyone (might be a misunderstanding on my part or something as well). I'll hit you up if I come across anything.

I do appreciate there are characters that don't have galaxy size milkers everywhere. You're doing a great job, the game is fun.

Btw did you have an "end game" in mind when you started writing the game? Like is there some place you want to take it and wrap it up?

Korok85

Aug 21, 2021
No, I'm really sorry if I misunderstood something. And that sandbox stuff I wrote is in the first paragraph on Wikipedia. It's just the basic definition of sandbox games. It has nothing to do with my take. Anyway, bye guys.
I think it’s important to give everyone the possibility to have their own opinion so I will not try to argue about how you see the game.
I just think it is interesting to see how different the expectations of this game can be for many people.

Seems like you expected a real simulation of a hotel.

For my part as this is done by RenPy in the first place I expected a Visual Novel.
After checking a little I saw that the character design was really to my liking and that it has animations and not only static images. So I gave the game and chance and tried it. I did not expect much but was presently surprised. I like the characters that are so different to each other, the story and the animations. I personally even think that it really is open world as I am not forced to play it in a super strict order like A – B – C- D…. nothing variable.
And there is a lot of optional things (comparable to side quest) I can do or ignore. That also counts to open world for me.
So if I replay it I have the possibility to start to progress with other character first. But in the end it still is a visual novel were I need the progress of other characters later on so the whole story connects.

If I use Lord of the Rings as an example. There are many story lines working in parallel but at some time they need to merge as different story lines merge again and separate at some points again. So its like I can read any chapter in any order that I want but before I start with the 2nd book I have to finish all the chapters of Book 1 or the book 2 will make no sense. So for a story driven game it is really difficult to be complete open world. Most open world games do not have a real story or they just fake it. There is in most cases one red line for story you can follow that is really braindead and short and the most fun content are in the side quests that do not matter if you find/do them or not and in most cases they do not connect with each other to prevent any discrepancy. They only exist to provide some story content and then EXP so you can progress the main quest. A good example is Elder Scrolls Oblivion were the main quest was really boring and needed only 4-6h if you hurried and ignored all side quests.

Looks like the name of Runeys game raised your expectations for a Hotel Simulator or in this case you were expecting a brothel simulator. Maybe I also would have been fooled and started with wrong expectations if Runey had used Unity. But with Renpy I was sure to get a Visual Novel and I personally am happy with it.

By the way I would love to have a Brothel Simulator by Runey were we focus on earning money, hiring stuff, expanding the Brothel /Hotel to earn even more and hire more new Stuff. Runey is awesome in creating many different and cute types of girls. Hire them, Buy them, Hunt them, Trade them. The universe Runey created here would really fit this kind of game.
At least I can dream about it that he does something like this after he is finishes with Harem Hotel. But as it currently is, I hope the next game is a long way in the future and we get many more updated for HH.

Last edited:

Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
I have just finished replaying from the start while waiting for the release and grinded everything to max exept one thing. How do i get Lin's footjob unlocked so i can max it?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
And that sandbox stuff I wrote is in the first paragraph on Wikipedia. It's just the basic definition of sandbox games. It has nothing to do with my take. Anyway, bye guys.
It doesn't matter what Wikipedia is writting about sandbox. It does matter what the tag definition for F95zone is, and, according to https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2021-05-02.10394/, it is this:
Sandbox [For Free-Roam type of games.]
If you think that definition is not useful, wrong or what else, don't argue here or even with me, make a thread in the right subforum for that.

Last edited:

Delighted12

Oct 28, 2018
I think it’s important to give everyone the possibility to have their own opinion so I will not try to argue about how you see the game.
I just think it is interesting to see how different the expectations of this game can be for many people.

Seems like you expected a real simulation of a hotel.

For my part as this is done by RenPy in the first place I expected a Visual Novel.
After checking a little I saw that the character design was really to my liking and that it has animations and not only static images. So I gave the game and chance and tried it. I did not expect much but was presently surprised. I like the characters that are so different to each other, the story and the animations. I personally even think that it really is open world as I am not forced to play it in a super strict order like A – B – C- D…. nothing variable.
And there is a lot of optional things (comparable to side quest) I can do or ignore. That also counts to open world for me.
So if I replay it I have the possibility to start to progress with other character first. But in the end it still is a visual novel were I need the progress of other characters later on so the whole story connects.

If I use Lord of the Rings as an example. There are many story lines working in parallel but at some time they need to merge as different story lines merge again and separate at some points again. So its like I can read any chapter in any order that I want but before I start with the 2nd book I have to finish all the chapters of Book 1 or the book 2 will make no sense. So for a story driven game it is really difficult to be complete open world. Most open world games do not have a real story or they just fake it. There is in most cases one red line for story you can follow that is really braindead and short and the most fun content are in the side quests that do not matter if you find/do them or not and in most cases they do not connect with each other to prevent any discrepancy. They only exist to provide some story content and then EXP so you can progress the main quest. A good example is Elder Scrolls Oblivion were the main quest was really boring and needed only 4-6h if you hurried and ignored all side quests.

Looks like the name of Runeys game raised your expectations for a Hotel Simulator or in this case you were expecting a brother simulator. Maybe I also would have been fooled and started with wrong expectations if Runey had used Unity. But with Renpy I was sure to get a Visual Novel and I personally am happy with it.

By the way I would love to have a Brother Simulator by Runey were we focus on earning money, hiring stuff, expanding the Brother/Hotel to earn even more and hire more new Stuff. Runey is awesome in creating many different and cute types of girls. Hire them, Buy them, Hunt them, Trade them. The universe Runey created here would really fit this kind of game.
At least I can dream about it that he does something like this after he is finishes with Harem Hotel. But as it currently is, I hope the next game is a long way in the future and we get many more updated for HH.
I just refreshed the page. I didn't expect someone would reply with reasonable comments.

I was looking for a visual novel too, just like you. So I guess you can say I did have my own expectations for the game stories. But after 5 hours of gaming, I start getting annoyed that whenever I want to progress the story, it just says, "I should raise someone's friendship." And it got worse the later the game is.

I like your Lord of the Rings and Elder Scrolls Oblivion references. And I understand how difficult it is. I wasn't rushing the gameplay. I did play some of the side-quest content you mentioned to keep myself focused. That's why I still rate it 2 stars.
And one of the things you mentioned is the boring main quest in the Elder Scrolls Oblivion. But that's also the thing. You do have the option to speed run the Elder Scrolls if you don't want to play side quests. You can't do the same in HH. What if a guy in the future decides to play merely for the story? Would it be his fault to view HH in this way? But the game focuses on the story the most, doesn't it? By the way, I wasn't here only for the story. I knew there would be girls I had to deal with. I remember that I played the game once in 2019. That's why I think the content of this game is unbalanced now.

My complaints are mostly about stories and pacing. I had no idea how possibly the dev can explain why Lin was an actual slave to humans for 300 years and she's fucking MC with all love in 30 days, and a virgin by the way. I didn't think too much because the game was still early. But in the late game, dev clearly wants to give us serious contents.
The dev even said this yesterday: "And yeah, I try not to make MC think for you, I want the player to hold their own opinions and let the characters express themselves so the player can experience what they experience. Show not tell is an important rule in storywriting, so I try to show the effects of this culture."
Once again, the inconsistencies bother me a lot. It's just painful. I don't want to think because the story structure is fragile. It doesn't mean the story structure has to be perfect, but the early game and the late game are not coherent at all. And since the dev wants us to be serious in the late game. Out of respect, I have to be serious. But the loopholes are everywhere. I genuinely felt tricked.

I respect that you enjoyed the game. Good. But it's really not for me.

I'm not really asking for hotel contents. It's simply because a guy said this to me: "How do you complain about pacing in a sandbox game?" I was surprised. So I just go with: "If this is a sandbox game, where is the blah blah blah." I don't really hate this game, it just disappoints me. And it also bothers me when someone is trying to argue with me without any sense, even asking me to create a game on my own.

I do agree that kind of game would be cool too. And I remember there is a Japanese simulator game about monsters that look like what you described. You can look for them! Thank you, sincerely.

Sorry for omitting some of your comments earlier. I am really tired right now. I might edit more after I wake up.

Edit: I woke up. I think that's pretty much all. Try not to reply to me because I know I'm giving people here a negative mood. If you understand me, thank you, and don't reply. If anything, PM me. I really hate being a bad guy.

Last edited:

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
Delighted12 I'm kinda curious as what 3 games you would rate 5 stars?, I'm always looking for new games to try.

Runey Special request, Do you still have all the old scenes from before they were remade?. Is it possible to have to old scenes with the new scenes in the gallery?.(maybe like a comparason)
I really liked some of the old scenes and miss a few, especially Kalis original table fuck in the diner!.
(I cant remember what was in the gallery now, If I play now I'll want to play from the beginning again and I;m waiting for .16)

Delighted12

Oct 28, 2018
Delighted12 I'm kinda curious as what 3 games you would rate 5 stars?, I'm always looking for new games to try.

Runey Special request, Do you still have all the old scenes from before they were remade?. Is it possible to have to old scenes with the new scenes in the gallery?.(maybe like a comparason)
I really liked some of the old scenes and miss a few, especially Kalis original table fuck in the diner!.
(I cant remember what was in the gallery now, If I play now I'll want to play from the beginning again and I;m waiting for .16)

Not really sure if I can mention other games here. I rated a game 5 stars just a few hours ago. You can check it.

Last edited:

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Oh no, I just refreshed the page. I didn't expect someone would reply with reasonable comments.

I was looking for games with a decent story. A visual novel too. So I guess you can say I did have my own expectations for the game stories. I got annoyed as fuck whenever I want to progress the story it just says "I should raise someone's friendship." I was thinking, "What about just making an actual visual novel without simulating contents?" Is it really necessary? And it got worse the later the game is.

I also had no idea how the dev explain how Lin was an actual slave to humans for 300 years and she's fucking MC with all love in 30 days, and a virgin, by the way. I didn't think too much because the game was still early. But in the late game dev clearly wants to give us serious contents, he even said this yesterday "And yeah, I try not to make MC think for you, I want the player to hold their own opinions and let the characters express themselves so the player can experience what they experience. Show not tell is an important rule in storywriting, so I try to show the effects of this culture." Once again, the inconsistencies bother me a lot. It's just painful. I don't want to think because the foundation is fragile. It doesn't have to be too "well-considered," but the early game and the late game are not coherent at all. And since the dev wants us to be serious. Out of respect, I have to be serious. But the loopholes are everywhere. I genuinely felt tricked.

I respect that you enjoyed the game. It's good for you, but it's really not for me.

I'm not really asking for hotel contents. It's simply because a guy said, "How do you complain about pacing in a sandbox game?" to me. I was surprised. So I just go, "If this is a sandbox game, where is the blah blah blah" I don't really hate this game, it just disappoints me. And it also bothers me that someone is trying to argue with me without any sense, even asking me to create a game on my own.

I do agree that kind of game would be cool too. Thank you, sincerely.
You're complaining about the story telling in this game... and you write this incoherent mess? Why would anybody listen to the opinion of a person who can barely string a sentence together on what makes a good story. Reading this drivel is literally painful as it's causing an actual migraine to form. I would respect that you didn't enjoy the game if I could make heads or tails out of why that is but you're about as good at explaining your position as toads are at flight.

"What about just making an actual visual novel without simulating contents?"

How can you think a sentence that is meaningless? This is incoherent.

1 star, the spelling is mostly okay.

Delighted12

Oct 28, 2018
You're complaining about the story telling in this game... and you write this incoherent mess? Why would anybody listen to the opinion of a person who can barely string a sentence together on what makes a good story. Reading this drivel is literally painful as it's causing an actual migraine to form. I would respect that you didn't enjoy the game if I could make heads or tails out of why that is but you're about as good at explaining your position as toads are at flight.

"What about just making an actual visual novel without simulating contents?"

How can you think a sentence that is meaningless? This is incoherent.

1 star, the spelling is mostly okay.
I'm sorry, I'm not really good at English. It's not my native language. Sometimes I find my words aggressive because of the lack of my vocabulary. I have no problem at reading tho. Thank you for pointing it out.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 450 Votes