Happiness0546

Oct 21, 2017
well it should work untill a sertin point in the game when v16 was added. not crash when you start the game. i also had the code error when entering kalis room. it got into a loop of not allowing me to leave after ending the confo with her. so had to hard close out the game
It doesn't matter what error it is. An error occurs unconditionally when using the mod in v0.16.
Wait until the mod is updated.

Reactions: Deftonixx

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Okay, I know this is petty, and it might have been answered already, but I have a nagging question.

We know that the hotel theoretically has three floors. Lobby is floor one, and then two floors above that.

We also know the bar is on the first floor.

But if you look at the hotel zoom out render (shown during the transition animation after you go to sleep every day), the hotel is shown to have FOUR floors.

So my question, Runey, is what's the fourth floor? Do you have plans for it? Is it just there? Maybe we can stuff it with liberated elves after the sanctuary gets filled up (I'd love to be able to buy/have a quick sex scene with the fast food burger cashier elf and eyepatch elf from the slums:love:, although that's just a irresponsible wish coming from someone who has no clue how hard it is to make a game)

And I know this is a stupid question; it's just been bugging my completionist inner spirit...:unsure:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Has it ever been established where our room is? Maybe we have the penthouse suite

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
well it should work untill a sertin point in the game when v16 was added. not crash when you start the game. i also had the code error when entering kalis room. it got into a loop of not allowing me to leave after ending the confo with her. so had to hard close out the game
That's not how games work, coding or modding wise. There are references to functions throughout the files so you aren't coding repeat actions more than once if it's doing the same thing (within reason). Your assumption that a mod only touches "lines 1-50 and ignores 51+ because they're new" doesn't work unless absolutely nothing references/talks to previous parts of the code. No developer is re-making each menu 100+ times per screen if nothing changes. Navigation isn't being re-created every time you load a new screen, it's being tweaked by location, but most likely still references certain parts of code.

I haven't looked at HH's code, but I have no doubts there are some similar references going on here to help streamline repeated functions and menus.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
How do u uninstall the Walkthrough/Cheat mod? Can't play cause the mod is outdated but I don't want to download the entire game again.
Note, I typically don't use mods, unless they provide something I really need (like changing the fonts or text box opacity) so I'm probably not the best one to answer this but...

I'm pretty sure the mods/cheats affect your saves. Delete the saves and start over and see what happens.

OR, wait for the mod to be updated (it is in the works) and re-update. From what the mod developer, it may be the last update, so taking the first step and eliminating it from your new playthrough might be for the best.

https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-hotel-v0-16-runey.12760/post-9491995

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
How do u uninstall the Walkthrough/Cheat mod? Can't play cause the mod is outdated but I don't want to download the entire game again.
If you deleted the game's archive after extracting it your best bet is probably to wait until the mod is updated (which shouldn't take too long), then copy that one into the game folder to overwrite the older version's files, which will make the game playable.
The mod overwrites a bunch of files in the game folder so short of going in and recoding shit yourself, I don't think there's a way to remove the mod once it's "installed", you're literally replacing files when you use it.

You could try right-clicking on the game folder and selecting "restore previous version", but I'm not sure if that would work, it depends on if Windows saved it before you extracted the mod stuff.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I think that a license to play a game with a mod should be mandatory ( like it happens for a car), because the sheer ignorance of some peoples is unsettling to say the least...:sneaky: :KEK:
You mean, like the ones the buy the car and included in the price are infinite use of the horn and primacy on the street? Sure they don't pay here, but I don't won't to see them on road either...
I wasn't quoting you but sure I can.
Think before you post... is the same as think before you talk.
You should try that... :KEK:
And what indication do you have that they do either of that? For me I looks that I rather have indication that they don't do at least one of them.
If the previous code and content aren't touched by the dev, it can work, but it do not must work.
BUT if the previous code and content are touched by the dev, then no old patch will work. So guess what Runey have done with 0.16?
But yes, your absolutly right. The patch works until a sertin point in the game, it works until the old patch try to make sense of the first line of code that he doesn't know yet and doesn't care. Unfortunately that happens right after you try to play the new version of the game, with the old version of the mod.:poop:

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
MOD UPDATE:
So today I was able to get things going, I got most of the game patched up to the latest version. The last things left for me to do is to manually backport Runey's changes for the places that the diff/patch failed, which is generally where I added content to the choices. Then I need to update and clean up some of the WT content.
I hope to have this all completed by tomorrow.

Also this may be my last update for this game:
View attachment 2200987
Shout out to Soulpuppet for that, if it is true.
Appreciate all the hard work, hopefully someone will pick it up if you decide to quit it. Thanks again, many of us really appreciate it.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
You mean, like the ones the buy the car and included in the price are infinite use of the horn and primacy on the street? Sure they don't pay here, but I don't won't to see them on road either...
No as in know what to do and don't use that horn unless it's necessary, same as using an outdated mod with a new game version....
Both dangerous users will never cease to annoy the others, sadly...

MatWing

Oct 22, 2021
There's actually a fairly easy way to enable cheats if you want to.
Enter console by pressing Shift + O, then in the console type:
$ cheat_mode = True
Then press Enter and if you did it right, you should have a button in the pause menu that says CHEAT MENU

Few tips:
1. make sure the line you enter in the console is exactly as it is above. Consoles are picky that way
2. Try not to mess with the Friendship setting, as that is story based and might break the game

Other cheats include:
In Your Room, go on the computer and click on the Notepad looking icon in the lower left.
When it prompts you for input you can use one of the following
makeitrain > gives you $1000
makeitstorm > gives you $999,999
The codes under cheat codes in the main post should also work this way

This is all I've found for now. If i discover anything else, I'll add it on.

Last edited:
Reactions: HunterSeeker

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
There's actually a fairly easy way to enable cheats if you want to.
Enter console by pressing Shift + O, then in the console type:
$ cheat_mode = True
Then press Enter and if you did it right, you should have a button in the pause menu that says CHEAT MENU

Few tips:
1. make sure the line you enter in the console is exactly as it is above. Consoles are picky that way
2. Try not to mess with the Friendship setting, as that is story based and might break the game

Other cheats include:
In Your Room, go on the computer and click on the Notepad looking icon in the lower left.
When it prompts you for input you can use one of the following
makeitrain > gives you $1000
makeitstorm > gives you $999,999

This is all I've found for now. If i discover anything else, I'll add it on.

Better use this instead...

4.70 star(s) 451 Votes