polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
I remember the events being that first Lin pretends like we are going to buy her, and gets her to come visit under false pretenses, then she comes to help with the contest, and then she was able to be bought soon after.
I'm with KonfinedKnat on this; I think that this changed in later builds and I only saw it a couple of builds ago when starting a new playthrough. Could be wrong, though...

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I'm with KonfinedKnat on this; I think that this changed in later builds and I only saw it a couple of builds ago when starting a new playthrough. Could be wrong, though...
I started a new play through wit 0.16 and was able to buy her before the contest.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It seems to have changed, when I did it, that was still the new content, so there was only one way it could be. While I had the money, and would have been happy to buy her then, it totally changes almost everything about the scenes, and IMO, doesn't work.
Lin is supposed to be your only slave at this point, not your least trained one. I guess it mostly works as long as you only have her when you meet Cornwall, but it doesn't show that Jin cares enough to come train her, even when we didn't own her yet.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
I started a new play through wit 0.16 and was able to buy her before the contest.
I think v12 or earlier? That was my last full download before just doing upgrades and it was possible (new full with v16). It's been so long I can't honestly remember not being able to buy her before the contest.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I'm bored let's have some fun. Lol. Is there a WT/Cheat Mod for 0.17.0 yet?
There is none for version 16.2, so what do you think the answer to your question will be.
Also, I suggest wearing a helmet and body armor when asking that question.

P.S. People groan when someone asks about mods for the game, so if that was an attempt at humor, it failed miserably.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
IIRC the first time Jin could be bought before the contest was either v9 or v10. Might have been as early as v8.
Well, you have to keep in mind, my memories are from playing one update at a time, as they come out. There was one update that broke saves, back in like version 2 or so ...I haven't started over since.
I'm bored let's have some fun. Lol. Is there a WT/Cheat Mod for 0.17.0 yet?
This is what you wanted, right? XD

• Haha
Reactions: polycentric

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Damn whipper-snappers; back in my day we had to play Harem Hotel in 16bit colors at a max resolution of 640x480 and we had to move the mouse, both ways! in a snowstorm! uphill!
I remember when parrots with hammers and chisels would carve the images onto flat rocks.
The refresh rates, SUCKED!!!!
I have no idea how Runey trained all of those parrots to carve like that.
Before that, you had to go to a specific cave and look for the artwork, so that you could play the game on the wall.

None of these comments should be looked at in a bad way.
We are all happy that the game is still going on, because we love the game.
Oh, and Devian would die if he could not pat Lin's head anymore.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017
Anything mods can offer should already be in the base version of Harem Hotel. If there is something you would like improved or expanded upon, please talk to me about that.
Unless I'm missing something in the main game, there's not always a clear way of knowing what triggers the next story event for a character or how to get to the next content. That was the main thing that I had used the mod for in the past. It would say something like "wait 4 days then talk in the afternoon" or stuff like that. It also helped with the side characters, to know if you had seen all their content because it would tell you how many scenes out of the total number you had scene. For example, it would display "2/3" if you'd seen two of the three scenes and would give you a tip on what to do next.

The mod basically just provided a really easy way to find out what content you were missing and what you needed to do to get to that missing content.

Sep 4, 2017
Damn whipper-snappers; back in my day we had to play Harem Hotel in 16bit colors at a max resolution of 640x480 and we had to move the mouse, both ways! in a snowstorm! uphill!
View attachment 2323101

(Citation: Kali Trenero from the adult visual novel Harem Hotel version 1 c. 1902, colorized)
Yeah, but then the humans ruined everything, as always, and "The First Civil War of F95ZONE" started, and after the war ended, nothing was the same. Wait, did the war really ended? I heard that there are still some small factions fighting with each other. Also, the entire war was Cornwall's fault. I don't have any evidence that he caused the war, but I believe that he somehow caused the war.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
how to unlock sylvia event 4 ?
Buy the Garden

Enter the Sanctuary in the Evening

Haren Hotel Wiki QR.png <-QR to HH Wiki.
Unless I'm missing something in the main game, there's not always a clear way of knowing what triggers the next story event for a character or how to get to the next content. That was the main thing that I had used the mod for in the past. It would say something like "wait 4 days then talk in the afternoon" or stuff like that. It also helped with the side characters, to know if you had seen all their content because it would tell you how many scenes out of the total number you had scene. For example, it would display "2/3" if you'd seen two of the three scenes and would give you a tip on what to do next.

The mod basically just provided a really easy way to find out what content you were missing and what you needed to do to get to that missing content.
That is because most of the time, what you do to trigger an event, is to wait for a day or three, click on their door, and hit *TALK*.
Yeah, but then the humans ruined everything, as always, and "The First Civil War of F95ZONE" started, and after the war ended, nothing was the same. Wait, did the war really ended? I heard that there are still some small factions fighting with each other. Also, the entire war was Cornwall's fault. I don't have any evidence that he caused the war, but I believe that he somehow caused the war.
Ugg think game lost charm since not on cave walls!
article-2161118-13AA0012000005DC-460_964x640.jpg

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 449 Votes