shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Unless I'm missing something in the main game, there's not always a clear way of knowing what triggers the next story event for a character or how to get to the next content. That was the main thing that I had used the mod for in the past. It would say something like "wait 4 days then talk in the afternoon" or stuff like that. It also helped with the side characters, to know if you had seen all their content because it would tell you how many scenes out of the total number you had scene. For example, it would display "2/3" if you'd seen two of the three scenes and would give you a tip on what to do next.

The mod basically just provided a really easy way to find out what content you were missing and what you needed to do to get to that missing content.
The in-game door / room notifications and loading screen icons are to subtle?

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Anything mods can offer should already be in the base version of Harem Hotel. If there is something you would like improved or expanded upon, please talk to me about that.
Starting over without it, the main thing I miss from the mod is the warning to hold off on certain events until you have a particular stat over a particular threshold to see everything (e.g. the events where you can convince one of the girls to do something risque in public if you've gotten her exhibitionism high enough).

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Starting over without it, the main thing I miss from the mod is the warning to hold off on certain events until you have a particular stat over a particular threshold to see everything (e.g. the events where you can convince one of the girls to do something risque in public if you've gotten her exhibitionism high enough).
I suppose that could be handy, though I usually ground those up as soon as they are available. lol

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Same, but agree that could be useful information to provide even if it's almost entirely minute.
Same with those occasional events that trigger in other ways.

That said, the new calendar thing should help with that when it's ready too.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
But all that requires is that you follow the advice of Runey and dozens of others to build up available stats until key characteristics are achieved, mainly loyalty/affection, sluttiness, exhibitionism and submissiveness. It's impossible to miss the subtle scene differences if you follow this advice and most of the girls need to have these characteristics to progress.

HH_misc.jpg
HH_Lin.jpg

I've played the game before the current info panels, with the current info panels and with a mod, and there's really nothing the mod adds that isn't in the game. The mods add a slight amount of specificity but also add delays waiting for them to be released and the potential for errors. I've read about people waiting for months to for mods to be released and that strikes me as totally avoidable.

And finally, people begging for mods are perhaps overlooking that a person, with a life and a job, needs to spend a lot of time mapping out the logic in this game, create menus, perform testing - none of which is easy and all for...what? See a precise threshold? No-one will miss anything if they read the info screens, follow the hints and interact with the girls, so what's the point?

Reactions: Runey and TheDevian

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
I usually start a new playthrough every update, I grind out stats as soon as i can for each girl as quickly as i can.
Lin, Kali, Ashley, Maria are usually around 10 in the main stats before I even buy the second floor if I remember correctly.
I have used the Mod once long ago way back in version 6.?, (if i remember correctly) Never needed it since.
but then sometimes I use renpys rollback function when my memory slips and i get to a point with a yellow worded box, Because I forgot to raise a specific stat. (Usually exhibition)
It doesn't happen often but it has happened. (The curse of an Orcish memory)
I usually have to start a new game with using the money cheat adding 1-2k Just so i can focus on grinding out those stats.
First few days are kinda repetitive, Pat Lin in the kitchen, Spank Lin in the kitchen, Clean my room. Take Lin to Cafe, Take Lin to Cafe, Take Lin to Cafe, Sleep and repeat. (Sneaking to Lins room as soon as I can for the next step)
Wednesdays for the first week are usually pretty empty and I have to wait. (May have changed cant remember)
Once Lin has those stats I move on to Kalis stats for Exhibitionism ect.
(Lin gains Sluttyness from being an alarm well If I'm remembering correctly.)
Its a slow first couple of weeks But from then on every thing is smooth sailing as far as story goes.
I will say knowing what specific stat needs to be raised before a *boner I mean bonus story event is going to happen would be good.
Like Maria's Story events has a few Exibition bonus events that I almost miss because I forgot to grind them out.
But then most of my Issues would be resolved if I had more then the memory of a Goldfish!.
I Understand why people use the Mod, As it does make it easier to Know when these events are going to happen.
If I'm remembering this correctly it would say something "like Get Marias Exibition to 10 before doing talking to her" for bonus scene.
I don't like using rollback, (Its a last resort "OH Fuck" Button) As i hate missing scenes.
Fortuantly HH is easier to Not miss scenes with then most other games and its mostly exhibition scenes I miss on.

Edit:Sorry for long post.:oops:

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Trying to figure out the lust trait & how do you get overflowing lust with the Android.
It works the same for everyone.

Any act that gives them a point of sluttiness, like having sex, will also give them a point of lust.
For every 3 points of lust (3/6/9), they show up at your door in the morning and ask you to fuck them.
If you let them cum during these events, it will reset the counter. If you edge them, it will keep going.
To get 'Overflowing Lust', you need to get them to level 9, where they don't give you a choice, and insist that you fuck them.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
I usually start a new playthrough every update, I grind out stats as soon as i can for each girl as quickly as i can.
Lin, Kali, Ashley, Maria are usually around 10 in the main stats before I even buy the second floor if I remember correctly.
I have used the Mod once long ago way back in version 6.?, (if i remember correctly) Never needed it since.
but then sometimes I use renpys rollback function when my memory slips and i get to a point with a yellow worded box, Because I forgot to raise a specific stat. (Usually exhibition)
It doesn't happen often but it has happened. (The curse of an Orcish memory)
I usually have to start a new game with using the money cheat adding 1-2k Just so i can focus on grinding out those stats.
First few days are kinda repetitive, Pat Lin in the kitchen, Spank Lin in the kitchen, Clean my room. Take Lin to Cafe, Take Lin to Cafe, Take Lin to Cafe, Sleep and repeat. (Sneaking to Lins room as soon as I can for the next step)
Wednesdays for the first week are usually pretty empty and I have to wait. (May have changed cant remember)
Once Lin has those stats I move on to Kalis stats for Exhibitionism ect.
(Lin gains Sluttyness from being an alarm well If I'm remembering correctly.)
Its a slow first couple of weeks But from then on every thing is smooth sailing as far as story goes.
I will say knowing what specific stat needs to be raised before a *boner I mean bonus story event is going to happen would be good.
Like Maria's Story events has a few Exibition bonus events that I almost miss because I forgot to grind them out.
But then most of my Issues would be resolved if I had more then the memory of a Goldfish!.
I Understand why people use the Mod, As it does make it easier to Know when these events are going to happen.
If I'm remembering this correctly it would say something "like Get Marias Exibition to 10 before doing talking to her" for bonus scene.
I don't like using rollback, (Its a last resort "OH Fuck" Button) As i hate missing scenes.
Fortuantly HH is easier to Not miss scenes with then most other games and its mostly exhibition scenes I miss on.

Edit:Sorry for long post.:oops:
Don't apologize - it's a great post.

I agree with you the reason the most people use the mod is to know when things will happen...but they will happen, they just have to watch the info panels.

For me, it boils down to this - do I play the game as released, with a very small degree of uncertainty when things will occur, or do I use an add-on that introduces delays and frequently introduces errors, and that someone has to spend their time and effort working on instead dealing with a tiny degree of timing uncertainty?

SanguineYip

Jan 2, 2018
Assuming it's like the other girls, just have sex with her and edge her when she comes and asks for more.
It works the same for everyone.

Any act that gives them a point of sluttiness, like having sex, will also give them a point of lust.
For every 3 points of lust (3/6/9), they show up at your door in the morning and ask you to fuck them.
If you let them cum during these events, it will reset the counter. If you edge them, it will keep going.
To get 'Overflowing Lust', you need to get them to level 9, where they don't give you a choice, and insist that you fuck them.
Thank you both. I figured that out for myself actually after I posted. Now since I reset to the Slave Sylvia & Nia via cheats I am trying to figure out that with getting the degrading and corruption up. I went love route & freedom so ....yeah.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thank you both. I figured that out for myself actually after I posted. Now since I reset to the Slave Sylvia & Nia via cheats I am trying to figure out that with getting the degrading and corruption up. I went love route & freedom so ....yeah.
Good luck.

SanguineYip

Jan 2, 2018
Good luck.
Thank you. Do you have any ideas on how to increase either of those for the slave routes?
It is a shame lains mod isn't happening & the game itself doesn't give a clear enough hint.

Updated:
Figured out the situation with both they are at slave max for up to Nia HHv0.15 Slyvia HHv0.13. Thanks to the wiki.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017
The in-game door / room notifications and loading screen icons are to subtle?
No need to be a dick. Some times there are requirements other than "wait X period of time and talk" like needing to buy or do a certain thing first. Or when you need to advance another character's story first, it's nice to know what "level" you're currently on and what "level" you need to get to so you're not constantly going back and forth until you finally hit the right level.

This kind of thing is especially convenient when replaying the game because of old saves breaking and stuff like that.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thank you. Do you have any ideas on how to increase either of those for the slave routes?
It is a shame lains mod isn't happening & the game itself doesn't give a clear enough hint.

Updated:
Figured out the situation with both they are at slave max for up to Nia HHv0.15 Slyvia HHv0.13. Thanks to the wiki.
No need to be a dick. Some times there are requirements other than "wait X period of time and talk" like needing to buy or do a certain thing first. Or when you need to advance another character's story first, it's nice to know what "level" you're currently on and what "level" you need to get to so you're not constantly going back and forth until you finally hit the right level.

This kind of thing is especially convenient when replaying the game because of old saves breaking and stuff like that.
Yeah, the wiki is really useful when you get stuck.

Other than when using mods, the only time saves broke on this game, was back in like v0.2.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020

It was a legitimate question: are they to subtle? If you need a costume, clicking on the door to visit the girl will tell you. If you need to wait, the loading icon won't be full. If you're trying to do a new event for one of the girls and it's co-dependent, while it won't give you the specific level, it does tell you to increase the affection of said-dependent. The only outliers to these that I'm aware of are the side girls from the schools - they're on a timer to call you and just show up. Runey said he's working to address event handling.

If the in-game options are to subtle, then it is a legitimate concern for new players.

Believe it or not I'm not out to bully you or attempt to make myself look superior. From a game-design perspective I think what is currently in game is more than adequate but that doesn't mean it's above criticism and can't be improved upon.

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes