DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
People, we have had enough fighting here for the last 24 hours, so I hope that the two of you can just drop it and consider whatever the issue to be, as nothing more than a miscommunication.
People like to read the fun stuff, and "MAYBE" the occasional dispute, but there has been too much senseless arguing for the last 24 hours.
As it stands, there has not been nearly enough fun stuff with all of the arguing.

With that said, please resume patting your favorite girl on the head...

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Pretty sure that was some fan art or something (probably Mei). All I did was add text.
I can't really use NEO that well, never did figure it out. lol

*Mei is the one who does most of the fan requests on Discord.
Slaps myself….

I dunno why I didn’t think (remember)that …
I must have had a brain hiccup
Mei does lots of fun stuff.

Reactions: TheDevian

popcron

Sep 15, 2018
Walkthrough / Cheat Mods (0.16.2)

Since Lain is still MIA, I decided to give this game my Walkthrough / Cheat Mod treatment based off of her original mod.
I have revamped some of her mod work and updated other parts of her mod.

WARNING:
If you are having errors after loading a save from the previous version of the game then go back to the previous version of the game and Save In The Lobby.
Then immediately after you load your save in the new version Click The Bar Icon and your game should play without issue afterwards.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Link:
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-walkthroughs-and-cheat-mods.84767/post-9577746

View attachment 1613971 View attachment 1613972 View attachment 1613973 View attachment 1613974 View attachment 1613975 View attachment 1613976 View attachment 1613977 View attachment 1613978 View attachment 1613979 View attachment 1613980 View attachment 1613981 View attachment 1613982 View attachment 1613983 View attachment 1613984 View attachment 1613985 View attachment 1613986 View attachment 1613987 View attachment 1613988 View attachment 1613989
Hey the +- obidience or whatnot isnt showing up for me, not a big deal since the mod says which choices to pic, on mac

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Hey the +- obidience or whatnot isnt showing up for me, not a big deal since the mod says which choices to pic, on mac
Careful changing stats on this game.
Some events are tied to specific stats, and if you raise it above the number for that stat / event, you will never see the event.
Example: If an event calls for 39 points on a specific stat, but you raised it from 30 to 40, you will not see the event.

Poppauy

Oct 16, 2019
Walkthrough / Cheat Mods (0.16.2)

Since Lain is still MIA, I decided to give this game my Walkthrough / Cheat Mod treatment based off of her original mod.
I have revamped some of her mod work and updated other parts of her mod.

WARNING:
If you are having errors after loading a save from the previous version of the game then go back to the previous version of the game and Save In The Lobby.
Then immediately after you load your save in the new version Click The Bar Icon and your game should play without issue afterwards.

Link:
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-walkthroughs-and-cheat-mods.84767/post-9577746

View attachment 1613971 View attachment 1613972 View attachment 1613973 View attachment 1613974 View attachment 1613975 View attachment 1613976 View attachment 1613977 View attachment 1613978 View attachment 1613979 View attachment 1613980 View attachment 1613981 View attachment 1613982 View attachment 1613983 View attachment 1613984 View attachment 1613985 View attachment 1613986 View attachment 1613987 View attachment 1613988 View attachment 1613989
I installed the mod and have a full story completed game, is there any way to activate the custom scenes even though I'm past some of the requirements??

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Some events are tied to specific stats, and if you raise it above the number for that stat / event, you will never see the event.
Example: If an event calls for 39 points on a specific stat, but you raised it from 30 to 40, you will not see the event.
That is true for friendship/Relationship Level, Obedience should be fine to change.

Reactions: kleiner and Twistty

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Obedience / Love(?) / Sex stats specifically, yes? None of those really push events beyond an access I can think of. Still, doesn't really speed the game up that drastically to cheat those stats so I don't really understand the point.
Yeah, not sure either, just saying, mechanically, that should be a safe one to edit. It's only the relationship level/friendship one that will break shit.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I've still got plenty to do to update the mod for the non 16.1/16.2 content, as I mentioned when I posted about updating the mod it was mainly to get something out for those wanting to see the 16.1/16.2 content as the rest will take me some time to re-implement.

That's not what he meant, check the screen shots of my mod in my mod's post to see exactly what he was referring to.

I installed the mod and have a full story completed game, is there any way to activate the custom scenes even though I'm past some of the requirements??
edit: deleted, checked the mod and see there are custom events added with it so my response wasn't accurate
I will need to go back and re-add the custom scenes into the game as Lain's code for them are still there in the mod section but Runey removed their references out of the game's main code in one of his recent updates.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Did anyone else hear, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, until the weee hours of the morning last night?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Hello everyone! As v0.17 is being developed, I wanted to pause for a moment to reflect. When I began developing Harem Hotel in 2017, it was my first time doing any of this. Harem Hotel and myself as a developer have grown a lot since I started this journey, so I thought it would be fun to go back in time to see how the game has changed over the years!

First, I want to address the still large amount of content in Harem Hotel that doesn't uphold the same quality standards as the current content does. For example, this event with Maria:

Compared to this event with Ashley:

This is meant to be looking down at the same city, but it clearly doesn't look like it. There is a lot left to be desired in the first image, so this and other events like it are certainly planned to be improved. And it's not just the image quality that can be improved. I often find myself surprised at how bad I think some of my old writing was, but I suppose that's just a good sign of progress!

Above is one of the oldest images I have of the game from v0.1. You can see that the framework is there, but the quality is lacking. This was the introduction by the way! Most of the game was developed with sprites in mind (that is 2D images of the characters layered on top of the background image). But eventually I decided to phase all sprites out in favor of a more cinematic approach. This is a lot more work, but I think we can all agree it was worth it!

I think this old event was developed sometime around v0.2, and is no longer in game. It was very short and eventually replaced with this:

Wow! A plate!
And while this is certainly an upgrade, this isn't even up to my standards anymore.
These days I'm developing stuff like this (from v0.17):

Now that's a lot of plates!
Not only are there more plates, but each character now has much more expressive poses and faces which change more often. I think this really makes each character feel much more alive, especially if those expressions are what you would expect out of these character's personality. Doing this takes A LOT of time though. I'm lucky if I can hide the hands (and thus not work on them) but if a character needs to hold something, that could take a while to get right. It really begins to add up, but when the focus of a story is on the characters, making them feel as real as possible should only improve the overall experience. But I'll let you judge :)

Lighting has been an issue I've struggled with in this engine for a very long time, but with v0.17, I think I've finally got it to a point I'm very happy with! Specifically with shadows, the night, and dark places.

The above event is meant to take place during the middle of a moonlit night. But other than her hair, sand, and sky, it doesn't really look too dark. This is because the engine I use apparently never considered the possibility of darkness. Turning the lights off doesn't always make an object darker, it just removes the shadows... so to get around that, I have to recolor EVERY object to be darker. Every rock, tree, leaf, shell, shirt, sock, shoe, and hair strand. Even the sand. Every color needs to be adjusted to make a scene look dark with the methods I employ now, but that's not even the end of it. Because after that comes the post-processing.

The above is a dark scene from v0.17. Here you can see blacker blacks, higher contrast, and multiple light sources. Is it modern AAA lighting? No, I'll never get there with this engine. But I think the style I've been able to develop over the years is visually appealing in its own right. Is it worth the extra time and effort though? That's mostly for you to decide. The quality may have gone up over the years, but so has the time between releases. That's not something I'm proud of, but it's not for no reason. All this work isn't just more time consuming either, it's stressful too. So finding a balance is really important, not only with work but with life too.

(v0.1):

(v0.16):

The sex scenes used to be animated with only 3 frames. It was very choppy an unappealing. These days, most animations are in 24 - 30 frames, with the repeatable sex scenes including around 6 outfits for each action. This is the limit of what I want to do in terms of repeatable sex scenes, but I am very open to the idea of adding extra positions throughout the story.

When I first started developing sex scenes, it would typically fade straight into the animation and end with 2 - 4 images for the finishing actions. I like to include a bit more building up and post-sex moments now with these repeatable sex scenes. I remade almost every single repeatable sex option in v0.15 with this in mind, but there's still more to do with other characters. Namely Android. Hers are the worst at the moment and are in dire need of upgrades. Speaking of which, she's the worst to develop repeatable sex scenes for. Not only am I accounting for the position and the outfit, but also for the breast size options. When I remake her repeatable sex scenes, I will try to limit that option to only where it is extremely necessarily, such as when she tops you.

That's all for this post! I'll leave you all with a question; when did you start playing Harem Hotel? I look forward to your responses! Harem Hotel is still quite far off from being completed, so who knows what the game will look like down the line :)

Lewd previews during development can be found on my and

As always, thank so much for playing and supporting!

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Did anyone else hear, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, until the weee hours of the morning last night?
The pitter patter of little head-pats.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022

I'll leave you all with a question; when did you start playing Harem Hotel?
IIRC it was a version or two before you introduced the Sanctuary and its elves … the dungeon event competition with everyone was recently introduced in game and the old “in mall“ fuck-off intro with Cornwall was still in game (it was removed & revamped in the next year or two)

It’s funny because even though I should remember I can’t exactly remember how I even found this whole genre … I can say that HH was in the very first 1 - 3 H-games I played… other than a few oddball examples like LLL, GTA ”hot coffee” mod and those are definitely bad examples of a comparable.

I’m glad that HH was in the first few that I played … because I’ve since tried many others and its much much better than many others.

The level/complexity of the images and your growth in production of them is nice to see … but even your “bad” wasn’t all that “bad”.

I understand your changes/challenges/improvements & thanks for the side by sides.
However take these 2cents … you are probably your own worst critic.
Imo the limits/capabilities of renply (HS?) is your biggest hurdle & you do well within the limits of the tools and your level of improvement is significant.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That's all for this post! I'll leave you all with a question; when did you start playing Harem Hotel? I look forward to your responses! Harem Hotel is still quite far off from being completed, so who knows what the game will look like down the line :)
As you know, I have pretty much been here since the beginning, and it's been one hell of a ride, one that I can't wait to continue.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
From the beginning, and it has been a fun game to play, except when I had to start all over again because of a dead drive and lost saves.
But even then, I got to see some of the updated content.

Reactions: TheDevian

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
I don't remember, exactly, but I think it was around v0.3/v0.4.

DarXzeN

Apr 30, 2021
Can someone provide me Harem Hotel 0.16.0 apk only? I have the 6.1 gb file but not the apk. Mage quota doesn't let me download the file and the app is full of bug. It's suddenly showing 0% after 40%. Please provide me the apk from the 6.1GB sized .zip file.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 450 Votes