Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
well the staircaisse doesn't even have raillings, they are mendatory in the code over here. I lost hope of Runey modifying the staircaisse to be legislation compliant with the staggering amount of renders already done in the lobby. Also I belive all staircaisse must be insulated from the rest of the floor with concreet walls and fireproof metal door. In case of fire on a floor so occupants can get out of the building even if the fire is on a lower floor. So we should not be able to see a staircaisse at all from the lobby but a big, unapealing metal door. Unless of course there is an emergency staircaisse besside the elevator. But then the floors arent isolated from one an other anymore, and fire would spread to fast to be code compliant.

Buildings are no fun, so many things to consider that would hamper creative freedom for architects. Good thing Runey isn't one. (to my knowlege) He can do whatever he wants.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
well the staircaisse doesn't even have raillings, they are mendatory in the code over here. I lost hope of Runey modifying the staircaisse to be legislation compliant with the staggering amount of renders already done in the lobby. Also I belive all staircaisse must be insulated from the rest of the floor with concreet walls and fireproof metal door. In case of fire on a floor so occupants can get out of the building even if the fire is on a lower floor. So we should not be able to see a staircaisse at all from the lobby but a big, unapealing metal door. Unless of course there is an emergency staircaisse besside the elevator. But then the floors arent isolated from one an other anymore, and fire would spread to fast to be code compliant.

Buildings are no fun, so many things to consider that would hamper creative freedom for architects. Good thing Runey isn't one. (to my knowlege) He can do whatever he wants.
We are only even seeing part of the stairs, really. XD
Probably have some fire escapes somewhere too.

j5WOA8.gif

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
"Wheelie"s design (ignoring her clothes) made me originally think she was Maria's sister and before I even fully read the entire post was kinda mentally complaining that we might be getting yet another girl's sister. Regarding her disability, I don't mind if it makes sense to the character. It's great that folks can find something to identify with; I've never felt that way, but I don't believe in stifling other's enjoyment just because I don't understand it myself.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Depend on, where you live, what kind of building that is and when the building was constructed. Here, at least the office building my company is in, the law and rules at the when the buidling was constructed must be followed. If you don't change something major, then you aren't forced to implement the updated to this rules. I bet the law knows much more nuance for that, but overall that is gist of it.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Depend on, where you live, what kind of building that is and when the building was constructed. Here, at least the office building my company is in, the law and rules at the when the buidling was constructed must be followed. If you don't change something major, then you aren't forced to implement the updated to this rules. I bet the law knows much more nuance for that, but overall that is gist of it.
Yep … the term is “grandfathered” the property is grandfathered and isn’t required to meet current code for everything from fire protection(sprinklers & material types) to access (step heights, ADA widths(wide enough for wheelchairs)), electrical, interior, & water codes (ie grounded, ground fault, arc fault outlets & no longer using lead water pipes & lead paints.

Building codes land usages are often a significant shell/payoff game … but they get away with it because in addition it being all that it’s ALSO a safety & accessibility thing …in average size locations (cities less than 500,000 people) it is workable (for the most part) but in huge pop locations the codes and rules push costs to stratospheric levels.

These situations also apply to access to waters … for example we had a 2 million dollar house burn down but it had a private dock. The house was an ash pit but the dock was untouched by fire. The property & dock sold for 10 million or something because it’s now impossible to build a private dock on that body of water. So having a dock on that property is grandfathered in and just so long as X% (grandfathering rules vary from 1original 2x4 of lumber to high 80+%) of the original dock is in place the property has a legal private dock

These rules can apply to things like how close a building can be built to X … for example current new construction code might require a 150ft setback from the bank of a river but a grandfathered building is only 10ft from the riverbank so it’s not uncommon for the grandfathered building to be gutted to the grandfathering requirements and then built again from scratch while maintaining the grandfather qualification portion. So you end up with a new house 140ft closer to the river than the new house right next door.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yep … the term is “grandfathered” the property is grandfathered and isn’t required to meet current code for everything from fire protection(sprinklers & material types) to access (step heights, ADA widths(wide enough for wheelchairs)), electrical, interior, & water codes (ie grounded, ground fault, arc fault outlets & no longer using lead water pipes & lead paints.

Building codes land usages are often a significant shell/payoff game … but they get away with it because in addition it being all that it’s ALSO a safety & accessibility thing …in average size locations (cities less than 500,000 people) it is workable (for the most part) but in huge pop locations the codes and rules push costs to stratospheric levels.

These situations also apply to access to waters … for example we had a 2 million dollar house burn down but it had a private dock. The house was an ash pit but the dock was untouched by fire. The property & dock sold for 10 million or something because it’s now impossible to build a private dock on that body of water. So having a dock on that property is grandfathered in and just so long as X% (grandfathering rules vary from 1original 2x4 of lumber to high 80+%) of the original dock is in place the property has a legal private dock

These rules can apply to things like how close a building can be built to X … for example current new construction code might require a 150ft setback from the bank of a river but a grandfathered building is only 10ft from the riverbank so it’s not uncommon for the grandfathered building to be gutted to the grandfathering requirements and then built again from scratch while maintaining the grandfather qualification portion. So you end up with a new house 140ft closer to the river than the new house right next door.
Yup, it is also quite possible that we might have to get some renovations done before she moves in too. ;)

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021
It's also not a bad idea to note that Syl'anar is a bit less likely to have had the major regulatory changes that our democracies might have. There's plenty of evidence that Syl'anar has a bit of a "libertarian" approach to economics. We also know grandpa built the hotel by flipping slaves. So he hired inexperienced cheap male slaves, and had them learn the trade and get stronger, so that when he was ready, he could just sell them and make a profit, since now they're more valuable. So that means it's even more likely that corners were cut in making the hotel, regardless of regulations.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
Oh god, please ignore this guy. I'm 90% sure he's the same dude who came to my discord almost TWO MONTHS AGO to talk about how he was mad about onlyfans girls for whatever reason, after the community told him to stop and he didn't, he got banned. Then 5 days ago he came to my itch.io to whine about it, and got banned again. Today he created multiple alternate accounts to raid itch.io with downvotes and flaming comments. The amount of new downvotes every other completely random comment on my page had was equal to the new upvotes the guy who got banned got. Now it appears he's doing it here too. All over his anger over camgirls. This dude seriously needs a life. Don't feed the trolls.
Sounds like you have a creepy little stalker fan Runey, i don't envy you for that. Just keep being yourself and keep having fun alright, if it stops being fun then it starts being a hassle. Good luck with this game Runey and seriously you are a god amongst men. (Or a demon, the jury is still not out on that one)

dareamedone

Jun 27, 2021
Hi everyone. Could you recommend me a game with a similar to Harem Hotel atmosphere and quality, but with more foot related stuff? Thanks in advance.

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021
Hi everyone. Could you recommend me a game with a similar to Harem Hotel atmosphere and quality, but with more foot related stuff? Thanks in advance.
A few years ago, I might have put more thought into this... but frankly... no. HH is really in a class of its own at this point. There are a few other great games which have enough of a good vibe I'd recommend them, but none that also have more foot focus.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Sounds like you have a creepy little stalker fan Runey, i don't envy you for that. Just keep being yourself and keep having fun alright, if it stops being fun then it starts being a hassle. Good luck with this game Runey and seriously you are a god amongst men. (Or a demon, the jury is still not out on that one)
I'd have to go with demon, after all, he got us all hooked on his game and now he's the only one who gets to dictate how often we get our fix. Not even illicit substances can manage that most of the time.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Not to try and stir up discussion for "worse" games or "better" games, but at the very least in the 3d realm I can't suggest more than Runey or Caribdis.

Atmosphere and quality, Once Upon a Time by Caribdis and his most recent Eternum. I honestly can't suggest anything else because I haven't found anything far enough content wise for me to download it or quality wise that I'd go out on a limb to suggest it. They have serious/funny dialogue and storylines. Unique looking / personality girls. It doesn't have much with feet. There a large number of games I have bookmarked for download one day, like Devian's, but until they reach a certain number of "hours" to play I avoid.

Once Upon a Time is a bit more dated in how the girls bodies aren't nearly as unique individually as HH is, but Eternum has a nicer variety depending on your tastes. Caribdis has some funny dialogues in his games amidst a more "serious" storyline. Each girl feels and looks unique and does well enough on world building to keep me interested in more than just sexy times. His games however are entirely on rails - where Runey has some sandbox elements so you can entertain yourself between content, you're not going to get those with Caribdis - it's story or gallery mode.

2d wise - What a Legend.

After that, it's just downloading and hoping there's enough content/girls/whatever you like to warrant going back. Again, my opinion. HH is one of the only game forums I routinely participate in because of the fans and the content provided by the game, so to me, it's very difficult to top.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes