somguy

Jun 17, 2017
Nothing has changed. The plan for v0.6 has always been focus on side stuff which likely means less focus on main characters, such as only giving them 1 story event instead of 2.
Love this last update, especially Lin's challenge.

For the side stuff, kinda hoping the big slave boss will fail 'training' Silvia and be like 'I've had it! Take her she's yours!' :)
Or more Lucia maybe? :)

Reactions: Runey

Dante22

Apr 22, 2018
Will old game saves still work with the new progression system? Since you named the elf prices i grinded a bit and don't feel like restarting lol

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
@Runey I may have found a small bug in v0.5.3.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not sure if it's a bug or one of the girls just need some more friendship.

Edit: Next day, I go to the kitchen in the morning and the event fires. Possibly it happened because it was a wednesday and Lin wasn't in the kitchen?

Reactions: Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Will old game saves still work with the new progression system? Since you named the elf prices i grinded a bit and don't feel like restarting lol
Yep, all saves will always work unless something horribly goes wrong.

Found a graphics glitch, I am not sure if you were trying to get the water refraction, but it looks off to me.

View attachment 210402
Nothing I can do about that, just how the engine works.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
@Runey I may have found a small bug in v0.5.3.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not sure if it's a bug or one of the girls just need some more friendship.

Edit: Next day, I go to the kitchen in the morning and the event fires. Possibly it happened because it was a wednesday and Lin wasn't in the kitchen?
Looking into it now (y)

lin.gif

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Not a glitch, you cheated friendship ;)

Only happens when you cheat friendship.
I gave you my save, showing that I do not have console activated, only 5.3 has this issue, my stats are all legitimate

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I gave you my save, showing that I do not have console activated, only 5.3 has this issue, my stats are all legitimate
For each character, what are the numbers inside the heart on their Info screen?

401Grem

May 14, 2017
For each character, what are the numbers inside the heart on their Info screen?
Hmm, say lin is 200? Not sure if this came from a download or what, how do I fix this?
Lin=200, Kali=22, Ashley=27, Maria=22, Selina=23, felicity=19, Emma=19, Autumn=9

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Hmm, say lin is 200? Not sure if this came from a download or what, how do I fix this?
Lin=200, Kali=22, Ashley=27, Maria=22, Selina=23, felicity=19, Emma=19, Autumn=9
Yeah, Lin's friendship has definitely been cheated. 200 is impossible without cheating.

So you downloaded a save? That's likely where it came from then. You'll need to Download and install Unren, unlock the console, and set her friendship to 24. At least, that's 24 is the end of her current content as of v0.5. If you haven't seen any of Lin's stories, set it to 5 or something. Or if you've only never seen Lin's v0.5 stories, set it to 22.

edit: My bad, of course you won't be able to set her friendship without knowing the command... type in: lin_friendship = 22 (or whatever number you choose, 24 or below.)

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Yeah, Lin's friendship has definitely been cheated. 200 is impossible without cheating.

So you downloaded a save? That's likely where it came from then. You'll need to Download and install Unren, unlock the console, and set her friendship to 24. At least, that's 24 is the end of her current content as of v0.5. If you haven't seen any of Lin's stories, set it to 5 or something. Or if you've only never seen Lin's v0.5 stories, set it to 22.

edit: My bad, of course you won't be able to set her friendship without knowing the command... type in: lin_friendship = 22 (or whatever number you choose, 24 or below.)
Thank you

Reactions: Tenenbaum and Runey

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I don't know if videos would lower the file size over frames, but I do know videos tend to look a lot worse than the rest of the game, at least in renpy/honey select games I've played with videos. And I definitely don't want to lower the quality of the images in Harem Hotel.
A collection of individual frames is a horribly inefficient way of storing an animation. I tested encoding one of the animations as a webm, and it reduced it to something like 20% of the size with no serious loss of quality.

Reactions: Dremo
4.70 star(s) 450 Votes