rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
Possible Bug: Had maria in Dungeon at noon doing handjob & after it jumped straight to night

Edit: Seems the handjob is 2 time slots regardless.

Reactions: Runey

bobjones9792

May 27, 2017
A collection of individual frames is a horribly inefficient way of storing an animation. I tested encoding one of the animations as a webm, and it reduced it to something like 20% of the size with no serious loss of quality.
The whole .webm thing is no joke. One the .qsp games, Girl Life I believe, switched from .gifs to .webm. The difference in size was MASSIVE.

Dremo

Jul 4, 2017
Is there any plan to implement in the future alternate ways/outfits to change the girls' makeup like the sluts outfits, or even to have more than one different slut outfit per girl? It's not like it's a massive game changing aspect, it's just that the slut outfits (especially the makeup with them) are by far the options who change the most the girls' appearance when compaired to the other outfits. Personally, I like them a lot because of that exact reason: the regular outfit changes just bring some visual variety to most scenes, while the slut ones can almost change them entirely, even if we exclude the different dialogue. Even if some people could possibly prefer the girls without too much makeup, changing it can bring a lot of variety to the scenes, which is a big plus whether they personaly like it or not.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Is there any plan to implement in the future alternate ways/outfits to change the girls' makeup like the sluts outfits, or even to have more than one different slut outfit per girl? It's not like it's a massive game changing aspect, it's just that the slut outfits (especially the makeup with them) are by far the options who change the most the girls' appearance when compaired to the other outfits. Personally, I like them a lot because of that exact reason: the regular outfit changes just bring some visual variety to most scenes, while the slut ones can almost change them entirely, even if we exclude the different dialogue. Even if some people could possibly prefer the girls without too much makeup, changing it can bring a lot of variety to the scenes, which is a big plus whether they personaly like it or not.
Long story short, any amount of customization outside of sex events is never going to happen. But more outfits for sex will probably be coming :)

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Hey @Runey

Just wanted to let you know that I DL'd the latest version and finished Violet's "party"- that was pretty sweet...I noticed Emma wasn't there. Any reason as to why? That was a part of this update, right? I don't remember being able to do it in the the last one (0.5.1)... Btw, really like Violet's true lust form...something about a woman with bat/demon wings- am I right? :)

Out of curiosity, why did you increase each Save page to 100 slots? It's very much appreciated- considering I "spam" save so often. It just makes the other 150+ save pages that I have look really, really stupid. Lol

Also, I noticed if you do an event (go for coffee, watch TV, go to the beach, etc.,.) when you bring the lady(ies) back to their room the BG is black and the character model has a "digitized" aura around her (like she was cut out badly with MS Paint). If you take Felicity and Emma back to their rooms- the screen is black and half of Emma's model is split right down the middle with the right side missing. Just thought I'd let you know.

Also, also- this is something I've wondered for a while. When you copy your saves from the previous game into the new game folder- which persistent file are you supposed to keep the new one or the old one. Are you supposed to overwrite the old one?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Hey @Runey

Just wanted to let you know that I DL'd the latest version and finished Violet's "party"- that was pretty sweet...I noticed Emma wasn't there. Any reason as to why? That was a part of this update, right? I don't remember being able to do it in the the last one (0.5.1)... Btw, really like Violet's true lust form...something about a woman with bat/demon wings- am I right? :)

Out of curiosity, why did you increase each Save page to 100 slots? It's very much appreciated- considering I "spam" save so often. It just makes the other 150+ save pages that I have look really, really stupid. Lol

Also, I noticed if you do an event (go for coffee, watch TV, go to the beach, etc.,.) when you bring the lady(ies) back to their room the BG is black and the character model has a "digitized" aura around her (like she was cut out badly with MS Paint). If you take Felicity and Emma back to their rooms- the screen is black and half of Emma's model is split right down the middle with the right side missing. Just thought I'd let you know.

Also, also- this is something I've wondered for a while. When you copy your saves from the previous game into the new game folder- which persistent file are you supposed to keep the new one or the old one. Are you supposed to overwrite the old one?
As for the dreamscape, I don't control those. The patron who requests those do.

Are you on Android? The poor quality is due to Android needing to be under 2GB or it wont work. It looks like you're also missing some images as well, did you edit any of the files?

Reactions: Safetydummy

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
As for the dreamscape, I don't control those. The patron who requests those do.

Are you on Android? The poor quality is due to Android needing to be under 2GB or it wont work. It looks like you're also missing some images as well, did you edit any of the files?
Never the less, I did still enjoy it. I guess the patron has no love for Emma? Sad...

No, I'm on a PC. I didn't have any issues with those events in the last update. And, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Me, edit files?! I have no idea how these games are made- I just presumed it to be magic. :) Seriously though, I just DL'd, extracted, and copied my old saves like I normally do and haven't experienced any issues like this before when I did it.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
how to have sex with emma in the beach?
Advance her story.

Never the less, I did still enjoy it. I guess the patron has no love for Emma? Sad...

No, I'm on a PC. I didn't have any issues with those events in the last update. And, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Me, edit files?! I have no idea how these games are made- I just presumed it to be magic. :) Seriously though, I just DL'd, extracted, and copied my old saves like I normally do and haven't experienced any issues like this before when I did it.
Huh... Your image quality should be really good. Could you show me a picture of that "aura" thing you were talking about? I know the black screen is a missing image.

Perhaps your issues were caused by copying your old saves. You shouldn't have to do that. You can just download the new version and hit play, all the save files are kept in the same place (C/Users/YOU/AppData/Roaming/Renpy/Harem Hotel-xxxxxxxxxxxx) So it has nothing to do with the version of the game, you can delete all of the Harem Hotel files and your saves would still be there. (All Renpy games are like this)

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Advance her story.

Huh... Your image quality should be really good. Could you show me a picture of that "aura" thing you were talking about? I know the black screen is a missing image.

Perhaps your issues were caused by copying your old saves. You shouldn't have to do that. You can just download the new version and hit play, all the save files are kept in the same place (C/Users/YOU/AppData/Roaming/Renpy/Harem Hotel-xxxxxxxxxxxx) So it has nothing to do with the version of the game, you can delete all of the Harem Hotel files and your saves would still be there. (All Renpy games are like this)
I will attach some below.

Secondly, (and I rarely curse in any of my posts...) Are you shitting me?! Why has no one said anything about this before? I have always, always, always copied my old saves into the new saves folder... Is this true for all Ren'py games or just yours? I do it for most VN games too, if it will allow it. Most times it works, but now you're telling me that those files are also squirreled away, in a hidden directory, on my HD. Son of a... Really?! It looks like someone needs to do a tutorial series on Ren'py/VN games and how to handle updates... Lol

Also, could this have something to do with the "persistent file" question I asked? I don't know which one I'm supposed to keep. I would think it would be the newer one, but I'm really not too sure. :)

Mar 21, 2018
Your save games aren't always stored in Users - App Data - Roaming. On my PC they are sometimes stored in 'Ren'Py Game Name/game/saves'. In some cases they are stored in both locations. I've copied the saves folder numerous times in Ren'Py games to the new version and had it work with no issues.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
That looks very much like the files have lost their transparency somewhere along the way. As everyone isn't seeing the same thing, my guess would be an issue with your graphics drivers or something similar.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
That looks very much like the files have lost their transparency somewhere along the way. As everyone isn't seeing the same thing, my guess would be an issue with your graphics drivers or something similar.
Hmmm, that's odd and kinda sucks. :) I didn't have that issue with the last update. I guess I'll try a reboot/restart and try launching the game after trying that. In the, unfortunate, event that it doesn't fix my problem- do you have any other suggestions?

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes