Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
What is the legal age to drink on the elf continent, anyways?
Actually, how many countries are there out there where it's actually higher than 18?
I'm from the US. The HH continent (I'm starting to think it needs a name. Haremonia? (I'm kidding, that's a horrible name)) is inspired by American history.

The finding of the new world, the finding of indigenous peoples, the purges, the slavery, and it's changes. So I went with the American age to drink of 21. Although, the continent itself is more like Australia. It's roughly that size. There are jungles in the north east, the first land fall were in those jungles...

(Meaning the Human's first contact with Elves were what they called "Dark" Elves due to them coating their skin in black and using the misty jungles and attacking at night. The crusaders dubbed them "Dark" Elves due to assuming they had a pact with the devil.)

...But long before that, a migration took place where Elves moved from the northeast to the southwest of the continent. Those who were left in all of the forested areas of the continent through that migration evolved in to "Low-Born" Elves. (That's just what Sylvia called them, they could very well be called "Wood" Elves due to their favoritism to forests). The "High" Elves continued their march further east, built boats, and found a decently sized island to colonized. (This was probably over 3000 years ago)

And probably another 5000 years before that the Elves split in to sub races, those who were exiled were forced to live in caves. Roughly 8000 years later, they're now Drows.

edit: And Harem Hotel takes place on the south eastern shore.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Ah, Runey, my condolences. That map nearly exceeded my expectations, though. Guess it's really not that common.
Also, what the hell, those were some quick answers.

Reactions: Runey

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
(I'm starting to think it needs a name. Haremonia? (I'm kidding, that's a horrible name)) is inspired by American history.
Haremerica
I'd like to add some J.R.R. Tolkien reference here, just because it sounds beautiful: The elves in Middle Earth come from "Valinor" - to adapt that directly would be copyright infringement, but adapting it to... ... ... ... ... ... "Haranor" or something like that would be fitting... :)

EDIT: Got that wrong, just checked again, Valinor is basically their Valhalla, but i stand by my "sounds nice and would be fitting"...
EDIT2: I just googled "Haranor" - and while there are some results, there's nothing with that word as a name, so if you want to use it: it's fine by me! :)

Reactions: aolli and Runey

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Well, I guess it could be considered cheating. I haven‘t even thought to call it that way. I mean I‘m not a fan of cheating either. It just doesn‘t feel like cheating to me since the MC sees other girls anyway. Maybe I‘m not as sensible for that anymore.
The way I see it, the difference is that Kali knows about the other girls and doesn't have a problem with them. With Lucy, she seemed very upset at the thought of you doing her. Just because you have a harem doesn't mean anything goes. Lin doesn't have a problem with the other girls, but she gets upset if you choose to get a blowjob from Jin when you meet her. Likewise, Emma gets upset when she catches you fucking Felicity.
Still I would like to see more of events like that with Kali and Lucy. And I can‘t think up any way to make it feel less cheaty without removing the element that I enjoy about it, that Kali doesn‘t know about it.
Short of Kali getting over her issues with Lucy (which seems to be a big part of their relationship), I don't think there really is.
The fetish is there for players who want it (cheating). Lucy is a devil. Sisters who really love each other wouldn't cheat. Since it is all done behind Kali's back it isn't poly. I'm confident Kali would be quite upset if she found out.
I agree about Kali getting upset, but I think it's more complicated than Lucy just being a bitch. She seemed quite jealous of Kali having a man, and also seems to have a crush on her if the beach scene is anything to go by.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Two Lucy events were just made yesterday, so you'll see how it plays out. I don't think you guys will be expecting what is going to happen.
I don't know if this is good or bad foreshadowing...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the following was to happen:

Since the left door on each floor (at least so far) is reserved for maids, I not only wouldn't be surprised but almost expect to get Sui (the shy elf from Cornwall's challenge that he took back from the douche that was unworthy) from Cornwall to prove if we're able to pull our technique off with any slave or if Lin was just a one-time-exception... ...and she'd be a perfect fit for that room on the 3rd floor... ...and that's not because I liked her most (I didn't), but she's without a master as far as we know at the moment...

*cough* @Runey *wink* Fan theory mode engaged...
Sui is maybe the one girl in the game that doesn't interest me at all. Probably because I'm not into her type of personality. I'm already so happy that Kali is not the "glasses wearing-always in the library-shy-bookworm-who can't get a word out in front of the MC"-girl. In my head Sui is currently at the bottom of the list at the same position with the drow, but that's because the drow can't communicate yet and thus her personality doesn't stand out to me that much.

-
With Ashleys mother, I want to believe that she just wants to protect her daughter, but again Runey teased some of the events in next version so I'm holding back on defending that position.

I'm from the US. The HH continent (I'm starting to think it needs a name. Haremonia? (I'm kidding, that's a horrible name)) is inspired by American history.

The finding of the new world, the finding of indigenous peoples, the purges, the slavery, and it's changes. So I went with the American age to drink of 21. Although, the continent itself is more like Australia. It's roughly that size. There are jungles in the north east, the first land fall were in those jungles...

(Meaning the Human's first contact with Elves were what they called "Dark" Elves due to them coating their skin in black and using the misty jungles and attacking at night. The crusaders dubbed them "Dark" Elves due to assuming they had a pact with the devil.)

...But long before that, a migration took place where Elves moved from the northeast to the southwest of the continent. Those who were left in all of the forested areas of the continent through that migration evolved in to "Low-Born" Elves. (That's just what Sylvia called them, they could very well be called "Wood" Elves due to their favoritism to forests). The "High" Elves continued their march further east, built boats, and found a decently sized island to colonized. (This was probably over 3000 years ago)

And probably another 5000 years before that the Elves split in to sub races, those who were exiled were forced to live in caves. Roughly 8000 years later, they're now Drows.

edit: And Harem Hotel takes place on the south eastern shore.
I love this glimpse into the surrounding world of Harem Hotel.

[...]
She seemed quite jealous of Kali having a man, and also seems to have a crush on her if the beach scene is anything to go by.
This also an aspect that I like about the relationship between Kali, Lucy and the MC. The jealousy of Lucy and her way of wanting a piece of the MC, too. Though as stated at the top of this post, I'm a little scared of what Runey implemented for Lucy in the next version.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I don't know if this is good or bad foreshadowing...

Sui is maybe the one girl in the game that doesn't interest me at all. Probably because I'm not into her type of personality. I'm already so happy that Kali is not the "glasses wearing-always in the library-shy-bookworm-who can't get a word out in front of the MC"-girl. In my head Sui is currently at the bottom of the list at the same position with the drow, but that's because the drow can't communicate yet and thus her personality doesn't stand out to me that much.

-
With Ashleys mother, I want to believe that she just wants to protect her daughter, but again Runey teased some of the events in next version so I'm holding back on defending that position.

I love this glimpse into the surrounding world of Harem Hotel.

This also an aspect that I like about the relationship between Kali, Lucy and the MC. The jealousy of Lucy and her way of wanting a piece of the MC, too. Though as stated at the top of this post, I'm a little scared of what Runey implemented for Lucy in the next version.
I'm gonna love your response to v0.6

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Kali seems to fake a lot of outrage, just to make you act more dominant. :devilish:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I'm a bit curious. Since I played the violet part the first time yesterday, what would have happend if the mc bought jin before that?
Did anybody try?

D

Deleted member 59977

Two Lucy events were just made yesterday, so you'll see how it plays out. I don't think you guys will be expecting what is going to happen.
Oh nice is the next beta going to focus on Kali/Lucy?

I have been loving the updates so far. Side characters really needed more attention and it has been great - I liked it even more than the regular updates that focused on the main characters. First beta was meh because I do not care for the bar (but I understand that it was needed for players to make more money) but the previous one was really good and I am hoping the rest of 0.6 is similar to the previous beta in that it focuses on already introduced side characters who have not been given enough attention yet.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Oh nice is the next beta going to focus on Kali/Lucy?

I have been loving the updates so far. Side characters really needed more attention and it has been great - I liked it even more than the regular updates that focused on the main characters. First beta was meh because I do not care for the bar (but I understand that it was needed for players to make more money) but the previous one was really good and I am hoping the rest of 0.6 is similar to the previous beta in that it focuses on already introduced side characters who have not been given enough attention yet.
Betas don't really have focuses, but Lucy, and Maria are big points in the next one.

Also, the bar isn't mainly for money. It's actually 50% money, 50% random events and Moon. There will be many events in the bar, like Sarah and Moon.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes