Construct

Oct 31, 2018
That's too bad. I meant it when I said that I want nothing to do with him and his kind; this is likely the end of Lin's story for me. The thought of inviting several more of him into the hotel makes my skin crawl.

Also, I have some feedback regarding Autumn, specifically her first cafe scene. It's rather strange for Hazel to recognise you as "The one with the blonde school girl" when you've maxed out Kali's and Android's exhibitionism; Surely fucking Kali over a table (quite a few times; I love that scene) or selling Android's milk to her should be more memorable? I'd probably have her recognise you as "The one with" whoever had the highest exhibitionism score. Further, when she does recognise you, the "correct" response seems counter-intuitive; surely trying to deny it is more suspicious, particularly since if you do her sister will obviously tell her the full story next time she sees her. "Yeah, that's me" seems by far the more sensible thing to say, although a frosty "Her name is Ashley" would also be good :p.
I suppose that the slavery story events are up to everyones individual taste. I can understand where you are coming from. I would have loved it if we could actually hit Cornwall. I find some peace in the feeling that the MC owns a slave but greats her a lot better than other slave owners and for me personaly the event where Cornwall visits the hotel is alright since Lin was okay with the contest and Runey confirmed that we can probably free the other slaves from their current situation. Note that I don‘t mean release them but either change how their owners treat them or even buying them.

The Autumn event is a little strange to me, too. I thought the grinding of stats is optional and thus all events connected to them are not directly related to the story. So I was surprised the Hazel even mentioned anything. And again I was surprised that it was Ashley that was mentioned and not any other girl.
But I‘m sure @Runey can shed some light on the thoughts that went into that event.
Naturally I have no problem with how the event is now. It‘s a possible inconsistency I pay no attention to

Reactions: TheDevian

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The Autumn event is a little strange to me, too. I thought the grinding of stats is optional and thus all events connected to them are not directly related to the story. So I was surprised the Hazel even mentioned anything. And again I was surprised that it was Ashley that was mentioned and not any other girl.
If you haven't done any exhibitionism with Ashley, she doesn't recognise you (even if you've done plenty with others). It's good that there are variations based on past events, it makes it seem more real (like later when the MC mentions Sylvia if you've met her in Lin's story). It's just the specifics of that particular callback are a bit odd if the MC has been there with other girls more often than Ash.

Reactions: Fanvor

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
If you haven't done any exhibitionism with Ashley, she doesn't recognise you (even if you've done plenty with others). It's good that there are variations based on past events, it makes it seem more real (like later when the MC mentions Sylvia if you've met her in Lin's story). It's just the specifics of that particular callback are a bit odd if the MC has been there with other girls more often than Ash.
Interesting. I admit I played the event twice and both times I did exhibitionism with ashley so I couldn‘t notice the variation. That‘s what I like about this game. The things you only notice when you play it again with a slightly different approach

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
That's too bad. I meant it when I said that I want nothing to do with him and his kind; this is likely the end of Lin's story for me. The thought of inviting several more of him into the hotel makes my skin crawl.
I didn't like it either. Lin is the kind of girl I would never drag into something like that, or even make exhibitionism stuff with her. She's the cute little thingy I'll keep for myself xD
I would have to agree with you regarding Lin's story line I would much prefer it if there was a different route we could take with her that didn't involve cornwall or any of that stuff. Lin is/was my favourite character in the game but I hated that whole cornwall slave stuff.
I walked away on the first challenge in the store, went through the second challenge. Have to say it was a fun challenge, even if his "friends" leave a lot to be desired.
Look at it this way, you compete & you win & you`ve helped ALL elven slaves on that continent
It's tough, because I know where this is going.

Lin would never do something like the things she did in Cornwall's event, however, she needed to. Lin and MC have a special case where their relationship was developed through love, and not slavery. Lin needed very badly to prove that Elves aren't animals. It was tough for her, but she'd do it again if it meant proving that.

Cornwall is one of the most progressive people in charge there has ever been. He keeps multiple people around, including Autumn's father, who has been convincing cornwall to give Elves rights, which he has done.

Rogue is right, in winning the competition, you help all Elves. And with out the competition entirely, well, you'll have to see in v0.6.

Their bodies are much different; Felicity is somewhat between Ashley and Kali, while Emma is pretty similar to Kali but a bit bustier. You can really tell both in the differences of finding them in the shower and Emma's titfuck scene. their faces are pretty similar but the bodies really aren't
There are only 2 physical differences between Felicity and Emma. Hair Color, and Breast Size. Everything else is perfectly the same. Emma is literally a copy/paste from Felicity with different hair and breasts, haha.

I suppose that the slavery story events are up to everyones individual taste. I can understand where you are coming from. I would have loved it if we could actually hit Cornwall. I find some peace in the feeling that the MC owns a slave but greats her a lot better than other slave owners and for me personaly the event where Cornwall visits the hotel is alright since Lin was okay with the contest and Runey confirmed that we can probably free the other slaves from their current situation. Note that I don‘t mean release them but either change how their owners treat them or even buying them.

But I‘m sure @Runey can shed some light on the thoughts that went into that event.
Naturally I have no problem with how the event is now. It‘s a possible inconsistency I pay no attention to

It's only for Ashley because, well, it's a very small thing, and I can't really find out who has the highest exhibitionism, or who you brought last without it being very tedious. I added a check for Kali though.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Okay, first of, I'm not trying to be rude or rant or anything here, don't take the next few sentences personal. I'm just trying to give a bit critism/feedback:
Lin would never do something like the things she did in Cornwall's event, however, she needed to.
It was tough for her, but she'd do it again if it meant proving that.
Why didn't you let her show it at least a bit more? It did not even once feel like she was not liking or not wanting it. I'm not talking about the sex here, or about the fact that she had to prove something. I mean that she had to something that a character like her normally never ever would do and she didn't even struggle but was like "Fuck off, lets doit!". It just didn't fit her.
Again, don't take this personal, I just had to get this off of my head and I still love the game ;)

I can't really find out who has the highest exhibitionism
How did you implement the exhibition variables? I don't know your coding habits, but wouldn't a simple while loop do it? Or depending on your code you could use a array and use the max(your_array)

There are only 2 physical differences between Felicity and Emma. Hair Color, and Breast Size. Everything else is perfectly the same. Emma is literally a copy/paste from Felicity with different hair and breasts, haha.
I can confirm that twins do not always do look identical. I had twins in my class in school and aside from the normal "they-are-brothers" look, they where not really identical. One of them was even half a head taller than the other.

Reactions: UnDeaD_CyBorG

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Okay, first of, I'm not trying to be rude or rant or anything here, don't take the next few sentences personal. I'm just trying to give a bit critism/feedback:

Why didn't you let her show it at least a bit more? It did not even once feel like she was not liking or not wanting it. I'm not talking about the sex here, or about the fact that she had to prove something. I mean that she had to something that a character like her normally never ever would do and she didn't even struggle but was like "Fuck off, lets doit!". It just didn't fit her.
Again, don't take this personal, I just had to get this off of my head and I still love the game ;)

How did you implement the exhibition variables? I don't know your coding habits, but wouldn't a simple while loop do it? Or depending on your code you could use a array and use the max(your_array)

I can confirm that twins do not always do look identical. I had twins in my class in school and aside from the normal "they-are-brothers" look, they where not really identical. One of them was even half a head taller than the other.
Because Lin did want to do it. She assumed she was going to win and change the world in doing so. Lin wouldn't join an orgy for orgy's sake unless MC told her to.

Each girl has 'kali_ex = 0'. I know it's possible, but I don't know how to code something like 'check for highest ex stat and give that stat a girl's name'. It was just a short piece of dialog, so I didn't want to spend half an hour on it.

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017

Why didn't you let her show it at least a bit more? It did not even once feel like she was not liking or not wanting it. I'm not talking about the sex here, or about the fact that she had to prove something. I mean that she had to something that a character like her normally never ever would do and she didn't even struggle but was like "Fuck off, lets do it!". It just didn't fit her.

Lin still feels a need to obey you, so even if she don`t like it she`ll do it to please you.

With twins it depends.
If it was one egg that split then they are identical, completely identical.
If it was 2 eggs then they do not even need be the same sex.

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
Each girl has 'kali_ex = 0'. I know it's possible, but I don't know how to code something like 'check for highest ex stat and give that stat a girl's name'. It was just a short piece of dialog, so I didn't want to spend half an hour on it.
Couldn`t you just put a check in for who you took there last ?
That may be more memorable

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Couldn`t you just put a check in for who you took there last ?
That may be more memorable
Not without some tedious work, haha. I would have to make multiple flags, and set them all to false and one to true.

All of this is really small and not really worth thinking about too much imo.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
maybe not what you meant but something like this could work:
Code:
$ girls_ex = [kali_ex,ashley_ex,android_ex, etc...]
$ highest_value = max(girls_ex[])
but maybe you'r right. I didn't see the dialogue, so I don't know if it's worth it^^

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Not without some tedious work, haha. I would have to make multiple flags, and set them all to false and one to true.

All of this is really small and not really worth thinking about too much imo.
I agree. It's feasible but it's got useless overload for what it provides, i.e. more realism for a line of dialogue that already conveys what it needs to.

To check for exhibition values and find the maximum instead wouldn't be hard, but it would still need more code (though little) than it's worth.

Design-wise I agree with how it's been implemented.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Lin still feels a need to obey you, so even if she don`t like it she`ll do it to please you.

With twins it depends.
If it was one egg that split then they are identical, completely identical.
If it was 2 eggs then they do not even need be the same sex.
I understand that Lin wants to please the pleayer and I also understand that she does it for the other elfs and not herself, but it still feels comlpletely out of character HOW she reacts to all of this.
But that's just my personal opinion. I said it because I needed to get off of my head. There is not point in arguing about it.

One egg twins can have different sexes too btw. It's rare, but it happens.

Reactions: UnDeaD_CyBorG
D

Deleted member 59977

It's tough, because I know where this is going.

Lin would never do something like the things she did in Cornwall's event, however, she needed to. Lin and MC have a special case where their relationship was developed through love, and not slavery. Lin needed very badly to prove that Elves aren't animals. It was tough for her, but she'd do it again if it meant proving that.

Cornwall is one of the most progressive people in charge there has ever been. He keeps multiple people around, including Autumn's father, who has been convincing cornwall to give Elves rights, which he has done.

Rogue is right, in winning the competition, you help all Elves. And with out the competition entirely, well, you'll have to see in v0.6.

Doesnt matter how progressive he is. He is still the one who is in charge of the rape and forced enslavement of several thousands of elves and he will always be a piece of shit. Its like saying Hitler was a nice person because he loved animals - while it is true that Hitler was kind to animals you cannot ignore the fact that he still killed millions and was a horrible person.

Cornwall is the same. You cannot say he is a nice person simply because he gave elves a few rights when he is either directly or indirectly responsible for so many atrocities committed against them. Simply ignoring all the shit acts he is responsible for just because he gave them a few basic rights when he is still completely fine with rape, enslavement, treating them like animals etc is a bit dumb in my opinion. And even if he changes in the future it does not change the fact that he still committed those crimes. If a mass murderer in real life says he is sorry it does not erase his past crimes does it? The murderer still gets his sentence. Similarly even if Cornwall changes I still think he should be held accountable for his actions because simply changing does not erase his crimes or the suffering he was responsible for.

That said you have a story to tell so just develop the game however you want. You have been doing a good job so far and if people do not like it then it cannot be helped. My opinion is that you should not try to paint Cornwall as some kind of hero because he is not - he is a piece of shit. But if you think differently and if you want to portray him as a good guy then thats fine too and I can live with it. One does not need to agree with every single decision the author makes to enjoy the end product.

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
Doesnt matter how progressive he is. He is still the one who is in charge of the rape and forced enslavement of several thousands of elves and he will always be a piece of shit. Its like saying Hitler was a nice person because he loved animals - while it is true that Hitler was kind to animals you cannot ignore the fact that he still killed millions and was a horrible person.

Cornwall is the same. You cannot say he is a nice person simply because he gave elves a few rights when he is either directly or indirectly responsible for so many atrocities committed against them. Simply ignoring all the shit acts he is responsible for just because he gave them a few basic rights when he is still completely fine with rape, enslavement, treating them like animals etc is a bit dumb in my opinion. And even if he changes in the future it does not change the fact that he still committed those crimes. If a mass murderer in real life says he is sorry it does not erase his past crimes does it? The murderer still gets his sentence. Similarly even if Cornwall changes I still think he should be held accountable for his actions because simply changing does not erase his crimes or the suffering he was responsible for.

That said you have a story to tell so just develop the game however you want. You have been doing a good job so far and if people do not like it then it cannot be helped. My opinion is that you should not try to paint Cornwall as some kind of hero because he is not - he is a piece of shit. But if you think differently and if you want to portray him as a good guy then thats fine too and I can live with it. One does not need to agree with every single decision the author makes to enjoy the end product.
That also depends when he took office. He can not undo centuries of ingrained beliefs overnight, he seems to be working to undo the actions of his predecessors. It all depends on changing the social outlook. As the saying goes, Rome was not built in a day.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018

Oh boy. This is a game you know? Just because a character seems evil at first glance doesn't mean he has to be...

D

Deleted member 59977

Oh boy. This is a game you know? Just because a character seems evil at first glance doesn't mean he has to be...
I am well aware that this is a work of fiction and it does not matter what direction this game takes but it is still fun to talk about it and its characters and our opinions about the characters while we wait for the next update.

You do not have to agree with me nor do I expect you to but not wanting others to talk about what they think of the characters defeats the purpose of this being a discussion forum does it not? These are just my current impressions of the character but it might change who knows... I just posted what I did because what @Runey had said in the message I quoted did not convince me that Cornwall is a nice person at least given what I know about him so far. Maybe as the story progresses that will change. And even if it does not that is still okay as I will probably still like the game just as much.

That also depends when he took office. He can not undo centuries of ingrained beliefs overnight, he seems to be working to undo the actions of his predecessors. It all depends on changing the social outlook. As the saying goes, Rome was not built in a day.
It is difficult for me to see him as a good guy because the thought to treat elves as something other than subhuman did not even occur to him before he met the MC (as seen by their conversation). But you are right... it depends and it could be too early to tell.

It would be interesting to see where this all leads to. I even see it ending in a civil war sort of thing (like a war to abolish slavery for example) because the setup is so perfect for it - you have Autumn's dad and maybe even Cornwall in the current continent who are pro elf rights, the high elves (who want the freedom of regular elves), the MC's continent where there is no slavery elves in hiding etc.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I am well aware that this is a work of fiction and it does not matter what direction this game takes but it is still fun to talk about it and its characters and our opinions about the characters while we wait for the next update.

You do not have to agree with me nor do I expect you to but not wanting others to talk about what they think of the characters defeats the purpose of this being a discussion forum does it not? These are just my current impressions of the character but it might change who knows...

It is difficult for me to see him as a good guy because the thought to treat elves as something other than subhuman did not even occur to him before he met the MC (as seen by their conversation).

It would be interesting to see where this all leads to. I even see it ending in a civil war sort of thing (like a war to abolish slavery for example) because the setup is so perfect for it - you have Autumn's dad and maybe even Cornwall in the current continent who are pro elf rights, the high elves (who want the freedom of regular elves), the MC's continent where there is no slavery elves in hiding etc.
So what? I just wrote my oppinion to what you wrote and you take this way to serious in my oppinion alone the fact that you had to drag hitler in as example makes me just shake my head.

D

Deleted member 59977

So what? I just wrote my oppinion to what you wrote and you take this way to serious in my oppinion alone the fact that you had to drag hitler in as example makes me just shake my head.
Was just an example but assuming Cornwall is responsible for all the slavery I actually see them as similar people with the whole one race is better everyone else is subhuman type of bullshit. And no I am not taking it seriously... maybe it comes off that way but I am well aware it is just a game and I like it so I am talking about it. Maybe the hitler example was a bit too much but it was just made to illustrate a point and nothing else.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017

You are judging the situation by our standards. In HH's world people have different views, which in the continent the elves have been enslaved in are not really that much different than the ones that were held in our world when the Americas were discovered and the natives conquered. The Pope spoke on the subject of Indios being or not human and took position only in 1537.
Before that no slaver would have been necessarily deemed evil, since there were theses claiming they were not human.
You can't judge men who live in times such as those with the standards of our modern societies. They held different values and belief, because they were taught that way. They are not evil inherently. And the less so they are to be deemed if they are open to transition from their previous frame of mind to a new one more akin to our current one that values freedom and equality.
In this the character shows that he is not evil. He is a product of his society but he is willing to change himself and society itself if a better model is shown to him. An evil character would revel in his deeds specifically because they hurt people and so wouldn't change his ways, he would keep wanting to inflict suffering.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

Uh, well, I think you may be missing a lot of the story. 300 years ago, the new world was found by Crusaders, they then found Elves (Who attacked them) and called them demons. Once that crusade ended, all Elves became slaves. A person and or people were appointed leaders to control the Elves. The first person, who was likely one of the Crusaders, decided all Elves are nothing but animals, and deserve to be put to work.

Then governments started advertising this new land. "Free land! Cheap labor! Colonize now, and you'll be rich!". Everybody who moved there was ecstatic to learn they could become rich, and live a good life. All they had to do was move. "Elves? Wait, so you're saying I can hire an Elf? Hold on, I don't need to pay them? My family can just live the good life and all I have to do is move?"

So it began, people moved, people bought slaves, peoples standards of living went up. Nobody died of hunger, even the Elves. But of course, they had no rights. It was down to a person's own morals how they treated their Elves. There wasn't exactly a "Oh! Let's rape em all!" mentality. If people wanted free labor, they treated them nicely, or broke them. Both were very real cases.

Once that leader, we'll call him the Elf Ambassador, died or no longer wanted the job, someone else would be appointed. Based on their views of the Elves, he or she could implement laws, give them rights, or take them away. Nobody was certain what to do with Elves, but that's how the history went down. "What's the point in changing something that has worked perfectly?" People thought.

So nothing changed. Elves stayed slaves, some laws went in and out of fashion for Elves.

Fast forward to today, Cornwall is the Elf Ambassador. Except this time, he surrounds himself with friends, friends with different opinions. One of them is a collector of rare Elves, he likes to make profit off of selling Elves. One of them likes treating his Elves as his pets, one of them likes that he can do whatever he wants to them. However! Cornwall will not allow the rape of Elves, even though he sees them as subhuman tools, he believes they conscious, he believes they have feelings. He doesn't want to hurt the Elves. So he takes away every Elf that man has owned, and locks him up in jail. As you already know, Autumn's father is one of his friends. Cornwall chose him due to his pro Elven politics, just to have another opinion.

For the first time in Human history, Elves now have rights. They're treated with care now. Elves are actually given to poor families for extra work around the house. Cornwall's move. Elves now help in classrooms with young children, preparing food, fetching supplies, or helping a teacher to prepare work, and even giving children extra attention. Cornwall's move. There is now something called the Happy Home Initiative, or HHI, which allows an Elf to choose whomever they want to live with. This results in that person having a 10% discount on that Elf. Cornwall's move.

Hitler was regressive, and Cornwall is progressive. He's not the best guy, but in the first time in Human History, Elves aren't treated like trash, now they're treated like tools. Which is a huge step forward considering nobody cared if you worked your Elf to death, nobody wanted them near children, everybody thought of them as disgusting demons who deserved to die. Culture is now shifting, and this is all because of Cornwall. Granted, it also wouldn't happen without Autumn's father, but they are both equally responsible for the good to come this new shift, others would have ignored Autumn's father, while Cornwall listened.

I'm not saying Cornwall is the best of people, but he is the best thing to happen to Elves, ever. (I'm not saying everybody should thank Cornwall, I'm just saying if Humans and Elves were equal, Elves would be living a life 100x better than before Human's showed up. Even at this very moment in history, an Elf's quality of life has improved just a little since before Humans showed up.) Nobody will ever allow Autumn's father to be the Elf Ambassador, his views are insanely radical to everyone on the continent. Are his views the right way to go? To us, absolutely. But to people who have benefited from Elvish slavery, absolutely not. So these things need to be gradually pushed one way, or there will be a massive civil war over slavery. And to be clear, these are the views and opinions of the people who live in that world, not mine.

Even right now, there are quite a few people who hate Cornwall for taking their slaves away. Cornwall is improving an Elf's quality of life by forcefully removing them from terrible living conditions. Even Cornwall's views are radical to those who would prefer Elves to be the way they were 20 years ago.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes