Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Each girl has 'kali_ex = 0'. I know it's possible, but I don't know how to code something like 'check for highest ex stat and give that stat a girl's name'. It was just a short piece of dialog, so I didn't want to spend half an hour on it.
Half an hour's a bit of an exaggeration, isn't it? It took me less than a minute to write out the framework below. Filling it in shouldn't take that much longer.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Half an hour's a bit of an exaggeration, isn't it? It took me less than a minute to write out the framework below. Filling it in shouldn't take that much longer.
I hadn't thought about it that way. The way I was thinking about it would have been MUCH more tedious, haha.

D

Deleted member 59977

You are judging the situation by our standards. In HH's world people have different views, which in the continent the elves have been enslaved in are not really that much different than the ones that were held in our world when the Americas were discovered and the natives conquered. The Pope spoke on the subject of Indios being or not human and took position only in 1537.
Before that no slaver would have been necessarily deemed evil, since there were theses claiming they were not human.
You can't judge men who live in times such as those with the standards of our modern societies. They held different values and belief, because they were taught that way. They are not evil inherently. And the less so they are to be deemed if they are open to transition from their previous frame of mind to a new one more akin to our current one that values freedom and equality.
In this the character shows that he is not evil. He is a product of his society but he is willing to change himself and society itself if a better model is shown to him. An evil character would revel in his deeds specifically because they hurt people and so wouldn't change his ways, he would keep wanting to inflict suffering.
You are right and you make a good point.

Uh, well, I think you may be missing a lot of the story. 300 years ago, the new world was found by Crusaders, they then found Elves (Who attacked them) and called them demons. Once that crusade ended, all Elves became slaves. A person and or people were appointed leaders to control the Elves. The first person, who was likely one of the Crusaders, decided all Elves are nothing but animals, and deserve to be put to work.

Then governments started advertising this new land. "Free land! Cheap labor! Colonize now, and you'll be rich!". Everybody who moved there was ecstatic to learn they could become rich, and live a good life. All they had to do was move. "Elves? Wait, so you're saying I can hire an Elf? Hold on, I don't need to pay them? My family can just live the good life and all I have to do is move?"

So it began, people moved, people bought slaves, peoples standards of living went up. Nobody died of hunger, even the Elves. But of course, they had no rights. It was down to a person's own morals how they treated their Elves. There wasn't exactly a "Oh! Let's rape em all!" mentality. If people wanted free labor, they treated them nicely, or broke them. Both were very real cases.

Once that leader, we'll call him the Elf Ambassador, died or no longer wanted the job, someone else would be appointed. Based on their views of the Elves, he or she could implement laws, give them rights, or take them away. Nobody was certain what to do with Elves, but that's how the history went down. "What's the point in changing something that has worked perfectly?" People thought.

So nothing changed. Elves stayed slaves, some laws went in and out of fashion for Elves.

Fast forward to today, Cornwall is the Elf Ambassador. Except this time, he surrounds himself with friends, friends with different opinions. One of them is a collector of rare Elves, he likes to make profit off of selling Elves. One of them likes treating his Elves as his pets, one of them likes that he can do whatever he wants to them. However! Cornwall will not allow the rape of Elves, even though he sees them as subhuman tools, he believes they conscious, he believes they have feelings. He doesn't want to hurt the Elves. So he takes away every Elf that man has owned, and locks him up in jail. As you already know, Autumn's father is one of his friends. Cornwall chose him due to his pro Elven politics, just to have another opinion.

For the first time in Human history, Elves now have rights. They're treated with care now. Elves are actually given to poor families for extra work around the house. Cornwall's move. Elves now help in classrooms with young children, preparing food, fetching supplies, or helping a teacher to prepare work, and even giving children extra attention. Cornwall's move. There is now something called the Happy Home Initiative, or HHI, which allows an Elf to choose whomever they want to live with. This results in that person having a 10% discount on that Elf. Cornwall's move.

Hitler was regressive, and Cornwall is progressive. He's not the best guy, but in the first time in Human History, Elves aren't treated like trash, now they're treated like tools. Which is a huge step forward considering nobody cared if you worked your Elf to death, nobody wanted them near children, everybody thought of them as disgusting demons who deserved to die. Culture is now shifting, and this is all because of Cornwall. Granted, it also wouldn't happen without Autumn's father, but they are both equally responsible for the good to come this new shift, others would have ignored Autumn's father, while Cornwall listened.

I'm not saying Cornwall is the best of people, but he is the best thing to happen to Elves, ever. (I'm not saying everybody should thank Cornwall, I'm just saying if Humans and Elves were equal, Elves would be living a life 100x better than before Human's showed up. Even at this very moment in history, an Elf's quality of life has improved just a little since before Humans showed up.) Nobody will ever allow Autumn's father to be the Elf Ambassador, his views are insanely radical to everyone on the continent. Are his views the right way to go? To us, absolutely. But to people who have benefited from Elvish slavery, absolutely not. So these things need to be gradually pushed one way, or there will be a massive civil war over slavery. And to be clear, these are the views and opinions of the people who live in that world, not mine.

Even right now, there are quite a few people who hate Cornwall for taking their slaves away. Cornwall is improving an Elf's quality of life by forcefully removing them from terrible living conditions. Even Cornwall's views are radical to those who would prefer Elves to be the way they were 20 years ago.
Thanks for sharing. Everything I know of Cornwall I know either from the game and the last couple of pages of posts. In the game I do not think Cornwall has had enough development for me to see him as a good guy. First time we met him he treated his elf as an animal and fucked her in the middle of the street. Next time we met him he brought a bunch of creeps to the hotel and basically raped the high elf (it was obvious she did not want it).

Maybe with time my opinion will change depending on how you write the story but for now I dislike him.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
You are right and you make a good point.

Thanks for sharing. Everything I know of Cornwall I know either from the game and the last couple of pages of posts. In the game I do not think Cornwall has had enough development for me to see him as a good guy. First time we met him he treated his elf as an animal and fucked her in the middle of the street. Next time we met him he brought a bunch of creeps to the hotel and basically raped the high elf (it was obvious she did not want it).

Maybe with time my opinion will change depending on how you write the story but for now I dislike him.
And that's totally fine, I don't like him for most of his opinions either. I just mean to say that objectively, he's pretty good for the Elves.

D

Deleted member 59977

And that's totally fine, I don't like him for most of his opinions either. I just mean to say that objectively, he's pretty good for the Elves.
Yeah I can see why you say that.

Thanks for replying.

Reactions: Runey

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
If we want to play the show-off game then the following is shorter:

Python:
lst={k_ex:'Kali',a_ex:'Ashley',l_ex:'Lin'}
if max(lst) >= 3:
    print 'twas', lst.get(max(lst))
else:
    print 'git gud, no exhibition training to speak of'
What did we prove with our posts? Nothing. Runey's time is better spent on writing than in coming up with ways to achieve a minor feature like this.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
First time we met him he treated his elf as an animal and fucked her in the middle of the street. Next time we met him he brought a bunch of creeps to the hotel and basically raped the high elf (it was obvious she did not want it).
And forget about the elves for a moment and think about how he treats the player (so you can't just handwave it away with "that's just how people treat elves in this world"); he's a snob, he's pompous, he's a bully...
By any standard he's a horrible person, and the thought of him being portrayed as anything but a villain is so disgusting, I'm considering pulling my patronage.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
And forget about the elves for a moment and think about how he treats the player (so you can't just handwave it away with "that's just how people treat elves in this world"); he's a snob, he's pompous, he's a bully...
By any standard he's a horrible person, and the thought of him being portrayed as anything but a villain is so disgusting, I'm considering pulling my patronage.
Huh? Did you read what I said? The game's story is missing most of that, which is why I assume people believe that. You're being told something that hasn't been shown in game. Yes, he's a snob, and pompous, and a bully. But he also doesn't treat Elves like trash, he treats them as tools.

Nowhere did I say he's a good guy, because he's not. I'm saying he has objectively been good for the Elvish population. He's helped Elves like someone would help a dog with a broken foot. Others before him would have essentially ignored it, while Cornwall would help it.

Again, I'm not saying he's a good guy, he's an asshole. And he's definitely not someone I would choose to be an Elvish Ambassador. If anything, I'd choose an Elf. But that's not how this world works at it current stage in history.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It`s fine, but related also cover related by marriage, which would not qualify :)
It depends on where you live, in some places it doesn't matter if you are related by blood or not, it is just as illegal.
The Autumn event is a little strange to me, too. I thought the grinding of stats is optional and thus all events connected to them are not directly related to the story. So I was surprised the Hazel even mentioned anything. And again I was surprised that it was Ashley that was mentioned and not any other girl.
But I‘m sure @Runey can shed some light on the thoughts that went into that event.
Naturally I have no problem with how the event is now. It‘s a possible inconsistency I pay no attention to
I do remember when I first took Android to the cafe to be milked, IIRC, Autumn's sister said something like 'you are the one who brings all of his sluts here to train' or something like that. Which is why I can't wait to train Autumn there, even if she has to build up to it. I mean the others go there to eat once in a while, Autumn not only works there, but her family owns the place! Seeing her and her sister react to that is going to be priceless! (I hope). :devilish:

geemergary

Aug 12, 2017
Uh, well, I think you may be missing a lot of the story. 300 years ago, the new world was found by Crusaders, they then found Elves (Who attacked them) and called them demons. Once that crusade ended, all Elves became slaves. A person and or people were appointed leaders to control the Elves. The first person, who was likely one of the Crusaders, decided all Elves are nothing but animals, and deserve to be put to work.

Then governments started advertising this new land. "Free land! Cheap labor! Colonize now, and you'll be rich!". Everybody who moved there was ecstatic to learn they could become rich, and live a good life. All they had to do was move. "Elves? Wait, so you're saying I can hire an Elf? Hold on, I don't need to pay them? My family can just live the good life and all I have to do is move?"

So it began, people moved, people bought slaves, peoples standards of living went up. Nobody died of hunger, even the Elves. But of course, they had no rights. It was down to a person's own morals how they treated their Elves. There wasn't exactly a "Oh! Let's rape em all!" mentality. If people wanted free labor, they treated them nicely, or broke them. Both were very real cases.

Once that leader, we'll call him the Elf Ambassador, died or no longer wanted the job, someone else would be appointed. Based on their views of the Elves, he or she could implement laws, give them rights, or take them away. Nobody was certain what to do with Elves, but that's how the history went down. "What's the point in changing something that has worked perfectly?" People thought.

So nothing changed. Elves stayed slaves, some laws went in and out of fashion for Elves.

Fast forward to today, Cornwall is the Elf Ambassador. Except this time, he surrounds himself with friends, friends with different opinions. One of them is a collector of rare Elves, he likes to make profit off of selling Elves. One of them likes treating his Elves as his pets, one of them likes that he can do whatever he wants to them. However! Cornwall will not allow the rape of Elves, even though he sees them as subhuman tools, he believes they conscious, he believes they have feelings. He doesn't want to hurt the Elves. So he takes away every Elf that man has owned, and locks him up in jail. As you already know, Autumn's father is one of his friends. Cornwall chose him due to his pro Elven politics, just to have another opinion.

For the first time in Human history, Elves now have rights. They're treated with care now. Elves are actually given to poor families for extra work around the house. Cornwall's move. Elves now help in classrooms with young children, preparing food, fetching supplies, or helping a teacher to prepare work, and even giving children extra attention. Cornwall's move. There is now something called the Happy Home Initiative, or HHI, which allows an Elf to choose whomever they want to live with. This results in that person having a 10% discount on that Elf. Cornwall's move.

Hitler was regressive, and Cornwall is progressive. He's not the best guy, but in the first time in Human History, Elves aren't treated like trash, now they're treated like tools. Which is a huge step forward considering nobody cared if you worked your Elf to death, nobody wanted them near children, everybody thought of them as disgusting demons who deserved to die. Culture is now shifting, and this is all because of Cornwall. Granted, it also wouldn't happen without Autumn's father, but they are both equally responsible for the good to come this new shift, others would have ignored Autumn's father, while Cornwall listened.

I'm not saying Cornwall is the best of people, but he is the best thing to happen to Elves, ever. (I'm not saying everybody should thank Cornwall, I'm just saying if Humans and Elves were equal, Elves would be living a life 100x better than before Human's showed up. Even at this very moment in history, an Elf's quality of life has improved just a little since before Humans showed up.) Nobody will ever allow Autumn's father to be the Elf Ambassador, his views are insanely radical to everyone on the continent. Are his views the right way to go? To us, absolutely. But to people who have benefited from Elvish slavery, absolutely not. So these things need to be gradually pushed one way, or there will be a massive civil war over slavery. And to be clear, these are the views and opinions of the people who live in that world, not mine.

Even right now, there are quite a few people who hate Cornwall for taking their slaves away. Cornwall is improving an Elf's quality of life by forcefully removing them from terrible living conditions. Even Cornwall's views are radical to those who would prefer Elves to be the way they were 20 years ago.
I love all these posts you make explaining the history of your world. It's so detailed and complex it's incredible. Maybe MC could have some books in his room that explains some of this history for the interested reader? I'd hate to see all the awesome information in these posts get lost in a message board and not seen by new players.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I mean, can anyone in here, provides us with the Patreon Version 0.6 game that is.
Betas are filled with bugs, and are incomplete. You wouldn't enjoy being faced with bugs. These beta builds aren't simply builds the public doesn't have access to, they're builds which may change, and have bugs that need to be ironed out before the official release.

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
Betas are filled with bugs, and are incomplete. You wouldn't enjoy being faced with bugs. These beta builds aren't simply builds the public doesn't have access to, they're builds which may change, and have bugs that need to be ironed out before the official release.
LOL Funny thing you said that.... Talking to someone modded the ever living Hell out of Minecraft, learned how to sorts out all kinds and types of glitches, bugs and crashes as well, that made it fun for me, since it gave me one of a Hell of a learning experiences lol So I am use to that kind of stuff over the years, even when I modded other games as well, besides I loves a challenge, when it comes to glitches, bugs and crashes lol

Reactions: TheDevian and Runey
D

Deleted member 1193714

Due to these factors, it is very possible for Felicity and Emma to be identical twins or clones and have different breast sizes.
Runey addressed this before. Their faces are identical.

The only difference is their bust size. That might not be consistent with identical twins/clones, but it makes for a fun story.
There are only 2 physical differences between Felicity and Emma. Hair Color, and Breast Size. Everything else is perfectly the same. Emma is literally a copy/paste from Felicity with different hair and breasts, haha.
That's fair after a second look. I think it was really the breasts that got me, and because they are fairly new they didn't have enough angles for me to really get a good idea. I'd just made an account maybe a week ago so something 60 pages ago I for sure missed, my bad

Also, i know the argument over the slaves and Lin's actions, the history, etc. are getting people riled up a bit, but that's a sign of good writing for what it's worth @Runey . People don't tend to show so much passion unless they're invested, and they don't get that far without putting in as much as you have. Appreciate you answering my questions and theirs. It's a welcoming change of pace in a developer.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes