recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Isn't it using a map to map each girl's exhibition score to her name? That's what it looks like.
The exhibiton values are stored in a variable. In the example code the variables are stored in an array and for each variable he adds the name of the girl, so he can get the highest value and the name of the girl.

trying desperately to ignore all the patchnote and preview posts :whistle:

Reactions: TheDevian

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
It's not about showing off, it's about showing someone who is by his own admission not a great coder how to do something that could improve his game. If you know how to do something, and someone seems to think it's way harder than it really is, why wouldn't you share that knowledge with them?
(Incidentally, forgive my ignorance of python, but would that way actually work? Don't the keys of a map have to be unique?)
My gripe was more with the tone of the post, which came up as unnecessarily smug and "yo in your face". Of course I might've been mistaken and you might've been concerned only in giving a hand, but it didn't seem like it, it looked to me more like a "look, I can code better than you".
Besides, my whole point was that in Runey's case his forte is the writing, so it's a wise choice for him to invest his time into that rather than in trying to figure out how to code minor details like this one. Two lines of code to select a different phrase are already too much for something so inconsequential, from a certain point of view. And his time is better spent elsewhere.
If he had a team and was not a solo dev, the critique would make sense, since there would be a coder to tackle this minor code details. But since he's a solo dev I think it's better for him to focus on the writing and to forgo this kind of inconsequential minor coding.

(To be honest, regarding that code, I've never used python seriously, so I don't have a better answer to your question than: I tested it quickly on my machine and it worked. I also tested the case in which two of those variables had the same value and it still gave an answer. I don't know how it reached said answer, but it was correct, so I deemed the code working as intended.
If I could've used another language I'd probably would've come with a better answer.)

Reactions: Runey

Luciano

Apr 7, 2017
0.6:

Changelog:
Newly added content since the last version is highlighted in BOLD
Added the Bar
Added dozens of upgrades to the Bar
Added 6 music choices to the Bar
New side character: Moon
Added Pet Names to Lin, Kali, Ashley, and Maria
Added a total of 34 new events
Added 2 Ellen Events
Added 6 Moon Events
Added Sarah to the bar. 2 Events (2 animations)
Lin (5 Events):
1 Story Event
Jin is now buyable!
4 Jin Events
Kali (3 Events):
1 Story Event
Remade Kali’s blowjob event/animation
Remade Kali’s boobjob event/animation
Ashley (4 Events):
1 Story Event (MASSIVE)
2 Kate Events
Maria:
Android (2 Events):
1 Story Event
Added Anal in 3 outfits and 3 breast sizes each
Added the Buttslut trait
Added the Anal stat
Felicity & Emma:
1 Story Event
You can now sleep with Felicity at night
Autumn (3 Events):
3 Story Events

Vicorin259

Dec 13, 2017
0.6:

Changelog:
Added the Bar
Added 2 Ellen Events
Added 6 Moon Events
Lin (5 Events):
1 Story Event
Jin is now buyable!
4 Jin Events
Kali (3 Events):
1 Story Event
Ashley (4 Events):
1 Story Event (MASSIVE)
2 Kate Events
Maria:
Android (2 Events):
1 Story Event
Added the Buttslut trait
Added the Anal stat
Felicity & Emma:
1 Story Event
Autumn (3 Events):
3 Story Events
v0.6 Beta Build 2 on mamba-games:
Readers ignore these links as they are to buggy, unfinished beta builds of the game that the developer himself has requested not be shared. If you want to play a stable version of the game wait till Runey posts V0.6 in a few weeks. Playing the above beta builds could break your save games causing you to have to restart.

Reactions: Runey

AB84

Aug 31, 2017
Readers ignore these links as they are to buggy, unfinished beta builds of the game that the developer himself has requested not be shared. If you want to play a stable version of the game wait till Runey posts V0.6 in a few weeks. Playing the above beta builds could break your save games causing you to have to restart.
what if i want to play it now?

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
0.6:

Changelog:
Added the Bar
Added 2 Ellen Events
Added 6 Moon Events
Lin (5 Events):
1 Story Event
Jin is now buyable!
4 Jin Events
Kali (3 Events):
1 Story Event
Ashley (4 Events):
1 Story Event (MASSIVE)
2 Kate Events
Maria:
Android (2 Events):
1 Story Event
Added the Buttslut trait
Added the Anal stat
Felicity & Emma:
1 Story Event
Autumn (3 Events):
3 Story Events
Really after all the discussions about sharing beta versions? :rolleyes:

what if i want to play it now?
You can, but you can also enjoy all the bugs without whining about them.
if you can do that go right ahead

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
sometimes I wish there would be a dislike button
if i'm not mistaken it was added for a short time, but then they removed it because of the exponential increase in trolling through random disliking :unsure:

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I'd advise people to stay away from the beta builds, they are not meant for public release for a reason, they might ruin your enjoyment of the game. You'll come here be annoyed at Runey when all you have to blame is yourselves.

Be patient, you've waited this long, wait a bit more.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
LOL Funny thing you said that.... Talking to someone modded the ever living Hell out of Minecraft, learned how to sorts out all kinds and types of glitches, bugs and crashes as well, that made it fun for me, since it gave me one of a Hell of a learning experiences lol So I am use to that kind of stuff over the years, even when I modded other games as well, besides I loves a challenge, when it comes to glitches, bugs and crashes lol
Well it would make you happy, i can get behind that. Now imagine how the majority here would react if they would get the beta with a lot of bugs, crashes and what not.

Do you want to see this forum burn? :ROFLMAO:

Construct

Oct 31, 2018

Here's some previews ;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And yes, here's an image of the patch notes so far.

(Note, the bolded words are new content since Beta Build #2, not v0.5)
I was struggling if I should look at these previews but in the end I could not resist. I‘m always happy for new Maria stuff. Still a bit skeptical about the Lucy events but I‘ll see. Oh and also great stuff with the new possible outfits in Lins scene
sometimes I wish there would be a dislike button
Or a method to express disagreement with a single gesture. The impatience of some people...
So I‘m a simple person. I want shitloads of content and I want it now. If I would play the beta builds though, I would only get a little bit of content right now. And once the final build for the next version is released I already played like 3/4 of the content and I‘m already bored. I want big updates that I can enjoy. A build with one or two events is totally useless to me and I‘m not even mentioning the bugs that come with such a beta build.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
v0.6 Beta Build 2 on mamba-games:
Best part is, that build was just updated today, so that's already outdated.

If it really is an isolated incident, and not a harbinger of Lin's story going in an unpleasant direction, then what's wrong with the suggestion (that several others have made now) to make it optional? The big problem is not that he exists, but that the game forces you to interact with him rather than walking away like many of us would like to (and indeed did when that was an option in 0.4). It's inevitable that games will have the player "decide" to do things they wouldn't actually choose to, but when it's something that objectionable it reflects rather poorly on the game.

Isn't it using a map to map each girl's exhibition score to her name? That's what it looks like.
As I've said before, the player needs to know who he is to understand the HH world, to understand Lin's next event in v0.6, and so on. It's the progression of story telling.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes