HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
About the "clones" with the code making them truly twins...incest is actually allowed in games on patreon as I've played some with such content and they're still going on strongly, so whoever got that information of it not allowed may need to recheck resources.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
About the "clones" with the code making them truly twins...incest is actually allowed in games on patreon as I've played some with such content and they're still going on strongly, so whoever got that information of it not allowed may need to recheck resources.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I think the issue basically comes down to player agency and control. Players like to feel like they are the ones in control, and random events necessarily take some of that control away. Sure you can include an option to refuse when the random event presents itself, but you don't control when it activates, and I know I'd feel like a dick turning down one of my girls, even my lesser liked ones. It also make players feel like they're missing content. If you don't control when the content activates, then it's difficult to know under what conditions more content will activate, and how much more needs to be activated. Although the side-character list is a very good solution to this issue.
I'm not talking about there being any content for players to miss. My suggestion was to have the exact same scenes as when MC starts things.
@Runey,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So because you liked it, fuck everyone who didn't? What a lovely attitude. And I don't know where you got the idea that we don't like Lin. Anyone who doesn't like Lin wouldn't have advanced her story far enough to meet him in the first place. Good for you that you like the scenes; I hated the first so much I refuse to play the second. But as long as you're happy, I guess that's all that matters. The game is made for you after all, not the rest of us.

Reactions: Hones

E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
Patreon doesnt allow incest. Take a look at the BS that DMD and SS went through because of the policy. Those other games havent been caught yet or the script file to change characters names was given off site and by a "3rd party" to get around rules and policy.

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
I'm not talking about there being any content for players to miss. My suggestion was to have the exact same scenes as when MC starts things.

So because you liked it, fuck everyone who didn't? What a lovely attitude. And I don't know where you got the idea that we don't like Lin. Anyone who doesn't like Lin wouldn't have advanced her story far enough to meet him in the first place. Good for you that you like the scenes; I hated the first so much I refuse to play the second. But as long as you're happy, I guess that's all that matters. The game is made for you after all, not the rest of us.
Wow. Guess u didnt read the reasoning. I didnt say keep them because "I like them". Did I? So because u dont like it screw everyone else? That arguement works both ways. I stated my reasons...well at least a couple of them.
Plus, i must say at this point im done with this 'conversation' with u. Extremely confrontational and obviously u cant discuss things like an adult. Going on my ignore list. Toodles!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Patreon doesnt allow incest. Take a look at the BS that DMD and SS went through because of the policy. Those other games havent been caught yet or the script file to change characters names was given off site and by a "3rd party" to get around rules and policy.
To quote Patreon:
We also do not allow other fringe sexual fetish content, such as incest, necrophilia, or fetish content that is hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex.
But then they say this:
We understand that some topics on this list such as incest or rape are a little bit more complicated because these situations are, unfortunately, part of real life. As a result, when reviewing this type of content, the Trust and Safety team will take into consideration context including personal, historical or educational narrative. For example, survivor stories or fiction such as Game of Thrones or Lolita are allowed on Patreon.
I fail to see the difference between Game of Thrones and DmD. Hypocritical much?

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
To quote Patreon:

But then they say this:

I fail to see the difference between Game of Thrones and DmD. Hypocritical much?
Well, GOT has sold millions of books and hbo picked it up.....DMD hasnt and wasnt......there's the difference! Lol. Gotta love hypocrisy....Its my biggest pet peeve too

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Dude, chill. You are both entitled to your opinions, and Runey can write what he likes, and you can make a game you like with what you want. He is thinking about making an alternate route for you people who didn't bother to get the point of it, but taking it out because you don't like it is far worse and entitled than him asking for the story to stay as intended by the author, or if I understand him correctly, just to leave that option in there. You are the one asking the author to change his story to suit your tastes, not him.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
To quote Patreon:

Game of Thrones and Lolita doesn't contain hardcore penetration. The way I'm trying to understand how they(Patreon) is thinking, Hollywood type of R-rated sex scenes even if they are incestuous, I guess are fine. Incest+hardcore visuals I guess is pushing it. Basically I think they are trying to make it a sofcore vs hardcore. Softcore, is okay, hardcore maybe not okay?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Game of Thrones and Lolita doesn't contain hardcore penetration. The way I'm trying to understand how they(Patreon) is thinking, Hollywood type of R-rated sex scenes even if they are incestuous, I guess are fine. Incest+hardcore visuals I guess is pushing it. Basically I think they are trying to make it a sofcore vs hardcore. Softcore, is okay, hardcore maybe not okay?
When DmD got banned it didn't contain hardcore penetration between F and D.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Wow. Guess u didnt read the reasoning. I didnt say keep them because "I like them". Did I? So because u dont like it screw everyone else? That arguement works both ways. I stated my reasons...well at least a couple of them.
Plus, i must say at this point im done with this 'conversation' with u. Extremely confrontational and obviously u cant discuss things like an adult. Going on my ignore list. Toodles!
Dude, chill. You are both entitled to your opinions, and Runey can write what he likes, and you can make a game you like with what you want. He is thinking about making an alternate route for you people who didn't bother to get the point of it, but taking it out because you don't like it is far worse and entitled than him asking for the story to stay as intended by the author, or if I understand him correctly, just to leave that option in there. You are the one asking the author to change his story to suit your tastes, not him.
Perhaps one of you would care to point out where I (or anyone else for that matter) called for the objectionable scenes to be stripped from the game entirely? I'll give you a hint; I never have, and I haven't seen anyone else doing so either.

I apologise if I got carried away, but that kind of attitude (wholesale dismissal of perfectly legitimate criticism because you personally like the target of it) really pisses me off. It adds nothing to the discussion whatsoever, since we all already know that some people will either not have a problem with it or actually like it.

Reactions: Hones

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Perhaps one of you would care to point out where I (or anyone else for that matter) called for the objectionable scenes to be stripped from the game entirely? I'll give you a hint; I never have, and I haven't seen anyone else doing so either.

I apologise if I got carried away, but that kind of attitude (wholesale dismissal of perfectly legitimate criticism because you personally like the target of it) really pisses me off. It adds nothing to the discussion whatsoever, since we all already know that some people will either not have a problem with it or actually like it.
You have been all but demanding for the scene to be changed, and/or parts of it to be removed for weeks, and while you are entitled to that opinion, you are not entitled to get pissed off because someone else has a differing viewpoint. You got all indignant at E-Dog because he felt the scene had merit, and was important to the story, as do the majority of us, even if we do not all like every aspect of it, we see where he was going with it, why it is there, and the importance of it to the world building he is trying to do.

When you come into a public place and complain about something like that, you have to expect that there will be people that defend it as well. I understand you don't like it (I think we all get that by now), and I agree that it would be nice to allow them to 'finish the date' or something like that, which could even be done with a couple of lines on a black screen, but the rest of it I feel works, including the sex on the street. I love Lin, but I have not been training her (and everyone else) to strip and more in public all of these months for nothing. I mean it's not like we make her have sex with another guy, we did not participate in an 'orgy' (no matter what any one wants to call it, there was no sharing), and if we do everything right, we can help a lot of people. The whole point of it is to show that treating people with love works better than treating them as property, and personally, I think that's a good thing all around.

Normally I agree with you man, but on this one I think you are going a bit overboard. We can discuss the merits of the scene, and possible alternatives, without getting upset about it and yelling at each other for having alternate viewpoints. If Runey wants to make an alternate path through that event, then more power to him, that's a pretty damn nice thing to do, but if he doesn't, getting mad about it isn't going to fix it, and it won't convince anyone to change their mind, it's just going to piss them off too, and that isn't a way to have a productive discussion. Like now, we are discussing how to have a discussion, rather than talking about the topic itself.

Either way, take care, and I hope you have a good night, day, or whatever it is for you now. ;)

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes