Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Well it's a a polarising fetish. Some people are gonna love an orgy with disreputable characters that at the very least brushes up dangerously close to rape and cuckoldry and others are gonna hate it. That's why I recommended a choice (which still would open up repeatable possibility for those that like it) but unfortunately that appears to not be in the cards for this title.
I didn't look in this thread for pretty much all the time since the last update and this is still a topic? Holy shit.

Its beyond me how people can get worked up over something harmless like this. Sure you might not be into this but talk about it for months is way overboard imo...

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
Have you ever heard of an antagonist?

Man, listen. You're complaining about an event you haven't even read. Disliking it is perfectly fine, I know a lot who do. It's not for everyone and I understand that. I typically don't annoyed here, but come on.

It's not rape. They consented. They could have declined. They stayed because it was in their best interest to do so. And I'm not talking about "They'll hurt me if I say no". I'm talking about "These people are very important. Being on their good side could benefit me a lot." It's not much different from gold digging.

It's not cucking. You don't know any of those other Elves. MC was never interested in them at all, and they gave absolutely no sign of wanting to fuck you.
I did read it. I've been over this before, if you read what I wrote, you'd understand that despite your intention the scene does not leave real option for anyone's consent. I didn't misread, you just did not think of the full implications of the situation when you wrote it. There is a power dynamic that does not really allow for it as each one controls the lives of the other. Cornwall holds MCs future in his hands and slavemasters control their slaves futures. Sure no one is technically forced to do anything but there are severe consequences if they don't. MC doesn't have to show his love oned to the sleezebag but if he doesn't he may lose his license. The girls do not have to do it with those abusive masters but if they don't they would likely be tormented in any number of legal ways until they accept. Which is why they do it any way and instead kidnap MC to change masters. You're skirting the edge with very flimsy technicalities.

And I've heard of an antagonist but not every antagonist is well made. This is your eric. Sure like in that game the girls are not technically with you you yet nor have they shown interest but just like in that game you are forced to watch them clearly abuse girls you will have future prospect with. And like in that game, even if you do not like it you are forced to play an MC that is too much of a coward to do anything about it because the writer gives you no other choice in how to deal with said antagonist. As I said, it's not cuckoldry but it certainly brushes up right along side it as it evokes the same sentiments.

Last edited:

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
During the event, one elf refuses to do anything, another refuses and when her owner tries to force her he gets kicked out and she gets taken off him, two other elves fucking love it, and the final is reluctant but goes along with it. What part of that shows that none of them have a choice? And how does MC not have a choice? It's never implied that anything would happen if he said no.
I explained, there is consequences. It's like if I gave you the option to be hit with the belt once or live like a dog for the rest of your life. It's a choice but not one that means you are really willing participant to either. Their choice is to be abused at the orgy or face the consequences at home. They can say no and as you said one does eventually break down, but such things can come with severe consequences because they are not free. So they do choose, but they are mostly not willing. They hate this scenario and are only agreeing because their other options are even worse. Were they truly willing, the plot itself wouldn't make sense. They wouldn't reach the level of desperation needed to commit such a severe crime just for the chance to get out of their master's control.

And if I recall there is definitely an implication of having a bad choice for MC though it is not made explicit. If I recall correctly, when you first meet Cornwall and he treats Lin like a piece of meat you have a pseudo option to punch him for it. When you try to do that, you are put in your place as they tell you about his power over you which overrules your punching choice. The game makes his power overrule your choice so from that point on there is an implication that you cannot do whatever you want because it risks antagonizing someone that can snap your livelihood away. Which is further supported with the fact that you are not given a choice to turn his request down.

Last edited:

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
It's like if I gave you the option to be hit with the belt once or live like a dog for the rest of your life. It's a choice but not a good one that means you are really willing participant to either.
To keep this short: Life ain't fair, this scene is a proper representation of that. You're not the first to complain and most likely won't be the last, but:
This scene is there and it's there to stay, you don't have to like it, the question is: can you accept it?
If so, enjoy everything else in the game that you like, if not, you made your point, enjoy something else...
Have a good one...

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
To keep this short: Life ain't fair, this scene is a proper representation of that. You're not the first to complain and most likely won't be the last, but:
This scene is there and it's there to stay, you don't have to like it, the question is: can you accept it?
If so, enjoy everything else in the game that you like, if not, you made your point, enjoy something else...
Have a good one...
I already said I accept that this game isn't for me. I was just answering questions others asked regarding the situation.

Two of them said no and benefited from it. You clearly havn't read the event or anything anyone has told you in this thread. As for kidnapping MC, they did that because they know he treats slaves well and would let them live in relative comfort.
That is your interpretation and a bad one at that. It doesn't mean I didn't read the event, it just means you do not understand what it means to be a slave or really anything in relation to power dynamic. And they would not commit such grave crimes that likely could see them put to death just for the chance to be treated a little better. You just saw one girl break down from abuse and that's what you get out of it? That it's entirely unrelated and they were perfectly willing, just unhappy with like the amount of chores back at home? Jesus.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
The girl that "broke down from the abuse" was faking, and got taken away from her master because of it. And again, two of the elves in the event said no, and no harm was done to them. Again, are you sure you've actually read any of the text in the game? Or did you just assume the situation because you can't stand not being the only guy in the universe getting laid.
No harm was done to them... Where, as in right in front of your face? Do you think they have goldfish memories in that they have to do it right then and there? So like if slave masters, that pride themselves on their ability to train slaves, do not enact public punishment as stupidly as the one that did the only thing he's not allowed to do right in front of the guy that enforces the rules, that means that they will face no consequences of any kind ever? Do you understand what a slave is? Or do you simply presume characters don't have implied lives outside of visible scenes? You saw the characters of those trainers, do they even remotely look like the type to just let it go and do nothing about it?

The question boils down to this: Do you think that those girls are there for personal pleasure? Or do you think they are there because they are slaves? As I recall the tan girl is the only one there that appears truly willing. The others are clearly there because of their unfortunate situation not giving them any better choices. They hate their masters and weren't particularly horny. They're just doing it because they're slaves and it's in their best interest to do what their master wants. And in the end they showed they are desperate enough to get away from their masters to commit a crime that could see their death if caught or reported.

As I stated numerous times, I read it. You do not need to keep asking. I've already described enough characters and situations for you to know this. And your ad hominems are not supporting your point, it only calls into question what you consider simply "getting laid" when you compare it to a slave orgy. In any case, you do not need to be so defensive. I'm not trying to deny your enjoyment of these fetishes, but let's not deny they are indeed those fetishes.

Last edited:

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Hey Runey, is tomorrow still looking good for 0.7? And if so, what time can we expect it to drop?
If v0.7 is done tomorrow, it'll be a Pre Release build. Whether or not it's leaked here, I don't know.

Their choice is to be abused at the orgy or face the consequences at home.
No it's not.

They can say no and as you said one does eventually break down, but such things can come with severe consequences because they are not free.
There are no consequences for saying no. Cornwall COMPLETELY accepts Sylvia's refusing to anal without pushing her what so ever.

So they do choose, but they are mostly not willing.
I've covered this so many times. They are willing.

They hate this scenario and are only agreeing because their other options are even worse.
I've covered this so many times. Their other options are not worse.

Were they truly willing, the plot itself wouldn't make sense.
Because you didn't read the event.

They wouldn't reach the level of desperation needed to commit such a severe crime just for the chance to get out of their master's control.
I've covered this already. They can go to the HHI and report their Masters.

And if I recall there is definitely an implication of having a bad choice for MC though it is not made explicit. If I recall correctly, when you first meet Cornwall and he treats Lin like a piece of meat you have a pseudo option to punch him for it. When you try to do that, you are put in your place as they tell you about his power over you which overrules your punching choice.
There is literally only one line of this, again proof you didn't read. MC says "Egh, I better not. He seems like an important person with powerful friends."

And they would not commit such grave crimes that likely could see them put to death just for the chance to be treated a little better.
More proof you haven't read anything. Elves have rights. You can't just kill an Elf. You will be imprisoned for mishandling an Elf. Something Cornwall enacted.

You just saw one girl break down from abuse and that's what you get out of it? That it's entirely unrelated and they were perfectly willing, just unhappy with like the amount of chores back at home? Jesus.
She was acting. She says this very soon after. She's extremely skilled. Even before you saw her acting, you were shown she knows way more than she's putting off when MC talks about High Elves.

No harm was done to them... Where, as in right in front of your face? Do you think they have goldfish memories in that they have to do it right then and there?
Cornwall fired a very rich friend and investor because he got a LITTLE too handsy on one of his slaves. No. They aren't hurting them. Nia even calls her old Master a rapist, and he isn't. At least, he never raped Nia. Nia just thinks most Masters are rapists because of everything that happened before laws were enacted to give slaves rights. But I'm asumming you didn't read the slave rights thing either.

Do you understand what a slave is?
Slaves IRL have nothing to do with Slaves in HH. It's a completely different system, one you know nothing about because you didn't read.

The question boils down to this: Do you think that those girls are there for personal pleasure?
Is Lin there for sexual pleasure? What about MC? No. They're there for political reasons. Read the story.

The others are clearly there because of their unfortunate situation not giving them any better choices.
Are you not even reading my posts either?

They're just doing it because they're slaves and it's in their best interest to do what their master wants. And in the end they showed they are desperate enough to get away from their masters to commit a crime that could see their death if caught or reported.
Bad Masters exist, rapists exist, there are those who would kill or beat Elves for looking at them wrong. None of that happened, or is hinted at, in game.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
If v0.7 is done tomorrow, it'll be a Pre Release build. Whether or not it's leaked here, I don't know.

No it's not.

There are no consequences for saying no. Cornwall COMPLETELY accepts Sylvia's refusing to anal without pushing her what so ever.

I've covered this so many times. They are willing.

I've covered this so many times. Their other options are not worse.

Because you didn't read the event.

I've covered this already. They can go to the HHI and report their Masters.

There is literally only one line of this, again proof you didn't read. MC says "Egh, I better not. He seems like an important person with powerful friends."

More proof you haven't read anything. Elves have rights. You can't just kill an Elf. You will be imprisoned for mishandling an Elf. Something Cornwall enacted.

She was acting. She says this very soon after. She's extremely skilled. Even before you saw her acting, you were shown she knows way more than she's putting off when MC talks about High Elves.

Cornwall fired a very rich friend and investor because he got a LITTLE too handsy on one of his slaves. No. They aren't hurting them. Nia even calls her old Master a rapist, and he isn't. At least, he never raped Nia. Nia just thinks most Masters are rapists because of everything that happened before laws were enacted to give slaves rights. But I'm asumming you didn't read the slave rights thing either.

Slaves IRL have nothing to do with Slaves in HH. It's a completely different system, one you know nothing about because you didn't read.

Is Lin there for sexual pleasure? What about MC? No. They're there for political reasons. Read the story.

Are you not even reading my posts either?

Bad Masters exist, rapists exist, there are those who would kill or beat Elves for looking at them wrong. None of that happened, or is hinted at, in game.
How would we be having this conversation if I did not read the event. I would not know who cornwall is, I would not know there is a false choice to punch him, I would not know there was an orgy, I would not know they kidnap MC, I would not know anything. Instead of lobbing false accusations, could you actually stick to presenting concrete arguments?

You can say they are willing until your face is blue but you can't just say it and have it be so when the scenario itself does not allow for it. Whether it's HHI organization or an HR department, it does not stop people from exploiting power. You can add an exception rules but they have other ways to get what they want because it's a slave-master relationship and just like any power dynamic relationship in real life we do not treat them as willing simply because they nod their head. Name all the constraints and I will name you easily a dozen ways they can still coerce them into sex where they agree to it.

There is a power dynamic, one which you simply cannot write away with an exception clause. They house them, they feed them, they clothe them, they decide how much free time they have, they decide what chores they have to do, they control almost every facet of their life. The idea that they cannot legally enact severe consequences that can get by the regulations is asinine. There's a reason we have all kinds of rules when it comes to sexual conduct in relation to those that have power over others, relationships that pale in comparison to master and slave. You can claim slaves are not really slaves or whatever you want but it does not change that one has tremendous power over the life of the other. They need to keep their masters happy not because they desire sex with them but because their living condition depends on the whims of said individual. And the same can be said about MC and Cornwall (replacing sex with display of sex). It's true it's political. But generally sexual favors is considered crossing well over the line when it comes to such things.

And I didn't say they can kill an Elf for declining, I said the elf could possibly be killed for the violent crime of KIDNAPPING A MASTER. In other words a crime that could see even a normal person rot in prison for many years, let alone one that has inferior rights that might risk a worse punishment. Which again is something that does not add up with your claim that they can simply go to HHI for their problems as such a severe crime just to trade masters is clearly an act of desperation. You are the one not reading.

In any case, this is not a productive conversation so I will end it here. All I wanted is to give feedback, something I thought you welcomed. I did not expect any of this hostility to it and I certainly did not intend an argument when I started by simply asking a one line question. If you take anything from this, it is that just because you write with one intention it does not mean you've succeeded with that intention. A writer needs to be open to how their material lands with the audience, not just lob accusations at the parts of the audience that do not see things the way they wanted them to see things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyrantnyx

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
So Runey, I had kind of a question about the Versions naming process.

What I mean by is that will the Final Version be an 1.0, or will there be further improvements past a 1.0 to further enhance the game with more content?
When all the character's stories are done, and there's not much more I can add, it'll be v1. It's very possible there could be "DLC" or just v1.1 after that if there's more I want to add.

asdgra

Nov 8, 2017
When all the character's stories are done, and there's not much more I can add, it'll be v1. It's very possible there could be "DLC" or just v1.1 after that if there's more I want to add.
Ar yer gon' to "kill" some characters, like some sort of "bad ending"?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
In part, I think that he is mistaking willing and enjoying. They were intellectually willing, as they knew they would benefit from it, at least in the high elf's case, she was promised something for participating, they just did not enjoy it. Especially the drow, who made it painfully clear how little she enjoyed it, but even she agreed once it was translated for her.
Ar yer gon' to "kill" some characters, like some sort of "bad ending"?
He was considering it, but the response was pretty negative, so I believe he said he would so something else with that story, though we still have to wait and see how he resolves that issue, or if it will be something we can influence with our actions.

Reactions: Jam3s

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
In part, I think that he is mistaking willing and enjoying. They were intellectually willing, as they knew they would benefit from it, at least in the high elf's case, she was promised something for participating, they just did not enjoy it. Especially the drow, who made it painfully clear how little she enjoyed it, but even she agreed once it was translated for her.

He was considering it, but the response was pretty negative, so I believe he said he would so something else with that story, though we still have to wait and see how he resolves that issue, or if it will be something we can influence with our actions.
To clarify the misunderstanding, I very much understand the difference. But the truth lies in your post. One can claim that they were willing because they technically had a choice. But it is clear they did so because they knew it is in their best interest to say yes, not because they remotely wanted intimacy from said people.

Meaning it really comes down to what you consider willing is. Is someone willing simply on the basis that they said yes? If for example a girl says yes when they are blackmailed into sex, does this make her a willing participant simply because she had a choice to say no and deal with the fallout? Normally we do not consider someone willing when that happens given they were presented with bad choices where neither are desirable.

This is true especially when it relates to sex. You can say they agreed to have sex and be paraded, but to say they are willing is a bit disingenuous as they have no interest in performing the act with the masters. Masters who, while they cannot force themselves on their slaves, could most assuredly "incidentally" give them worse clothes, worse bedding, less food, more chores and so on given their power. In their unfortunate situation, while they technically have a choice it is to their benefit to say yes as an unsatisfied master can make their lives much worse.

As Dennis Reynolds says, if the girls say no then it's no but they would never say no because of the possible implication. He too doesn't see a problem with it, but then again he's presented as a psychopath so take from that what you will.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
To clarify the misunderstanding, I very much understand the difference. But the truth lies in your post. One can claim that they were willing because they technically had a choice. But it is clear they did so because they knew it is in their best interest to say yes, not because they remotely wanted intimacy from said people.

Meaning it really comes down to what you consider willing is. Is someone willing if they say yes when they are blackmailed into sex? Technically they do have a choice not to give in, by this logic one can claim they are willing participants. But normally we do not consider them willing when given they are presented with a bad choice where neither are desirable. This is true especially when it relates to sex. They cannot say they are truly acting on their own accord here. You can say they agreed to have sex and be paraded, but to say they are willing is a bit disingenuous as they have no interest in performing those actions. They only do it because in their unfortunate situation, it is to their benefit to say yes as the alternatives can make their lives much worse.

As Dennis Reynolds says, if they say no than it's no but they would never say no because of the implication. He too doesn't see a problem with it, but then again he's presented as a psychopath so take from that what you will.
If they were real people, I would be fighting for their rights and freedoms in every way I could. That said, they are not, this scene shows how bad things were, how they are improving, and quite possibly, how much further they can improve thanks the MCs actions there.

Yes, they were not "in to it", just like I was not into most of the jobs I have been made to do, I have had to do some really disgusting shit, I didn't like it, and sure, I had a choice to quit and lose my income and home, but it was "in my best interest" to do it, so I had to stick it out until I found another job, where I could be treated poorly there as well. A whore isn't always into her clients either, but they do their job willingly, because it was the agreement they made when they took the job. All of them could have refused, some did at some points, but they took the job, and most of them did it.

We all have to deal with shit, if you haven't yet, consider yourself lucky (and spoiled). You keep ignoring almost every point everyone makes, they were not coerced into it, they were not threatened, and it was never implied as you keep saying despite how many times you have been told that is not the case. You are injecting things into this that simply are not there.

A normal person sees this scene and wants to help the characters and change their lives for the better, an asshole wants to see them treated worse, and a spoiled brat tries to get the artist to change their story to suit their desires.

Last edited:

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
If they were real people, I would be fighting for their rights and freedoms in every way I could. That said, they are not, this scene shows how bad things were, how they are improving, and quite possibly, how much further they can improve thanks the MCs actions there.

Yes, they were not "in to it", just like I was not into most of the jobs I have been made to do, I have had to do some really disgusting shit, I didn't like it, and sure, I had a choice to quit and lose my income and home, but it was "in my best interest" to do it, so I had to stick it out until I found another job, where I could be treated poorly there as well. A whore isn't always into her clients either, but they do their job willingly, because it was the agreement they made when they took the job. All of them could have refused, some did at some points, but they took the job, and most of them did it.

We all have to deal with shit, if you haven't yet, consider yourself lucky (and spoiled). You keep ignoring almost every point everyone makes, they were not coerced into it, they were not threatened, and it was never implied as you keep saying despite how many times you have been told that is not the case. You are injecting things into this that simply are not there.

A normal person sees this scene and wants to help the characters and change their lives for the better, an asshole wants to see them treated worse, and a spoiled brat tries to get the artist to change their story to suit their desires.
You're mostly correct. Shit like that happens all the time including to myself (though I don't think we can even begin to compare to these poor girls in gravity). Where you go wrong is where you qualify it all as willing. Just because people are put into situations where their best choice is to do something they hate, does not mean they are willing. As shown my example of blackmail. Or shown by the myriad of strict rules around sexual relations wherever any power dynamic exists.

The difference between what you describe (prostitution and the like) and what is happening here is that there is a clear non-optional power dynamic. They are not prostitutes they are slaves. Where they are free to say no, they are not free in general. They cannot simply quit their job once they say no. They only have a few rules with which to work with, easily circumvented by any number of ways and have to live with the master so long as he exerts his power over them by the books. Which is why they needed to commit a violent crime instead of just getting up and moving to MC's house. A writer cannot simply write ignoring this non-optional power dynamic as to pretend there was no coercion.

The story works if it is not willing (rape). The story works if they like having sex with their masters like the tan girl. The story works if the event doesn't happen. But the story does NOT work as is being described. A slave cannot be willing when they hate what they are doing any more than a child is willing when their parents make them do something. They could refuse, but then they would have to face non optional consequences which the government cannot interfere in so long as it doesn't cross a very specific line.

And no where in anything I wrote am I trying to force anything. Someone giving criticism is not the same thing as demanding change. I explicitly stated numerous times that I'm fine with anything the artist ultimately decides and that he should do what he thinks is best. That doesn't mean though that we cannot discuss the merits of the story.

At this point, you seem rather determined on the opinion that you made on the subject, which is totally fine, but as Runey stated earlier in the thread, he made a lengthy answer to explain to you how the scene played out, and while I think that we are always in a right to disagree with someone else's opinion, when the game developer himself answer to clarify things about a plot point and how he perceived things, I believe it can be a somewhat reliable source in terms of what is canon within the story and what is not.

Aside from that, despite the way you see this scene, I believe it is an invaluable one especially in the Lin story Arc, but also in the Lore about the Elves in general, even if it shows a darker side of the story, it is nonetheless necessary to flesh out even more the MC and Lin in their Arc and also give some more insight on the world outside of the Hotel, which is always a welcomed lore addition.

Also, as It have been stated many times by now, they could have easily opt out if they were absolutely not willing and it would have been fine, despite being an Antagonist, Cornwall kinda enacted laws that protects the Eldar against ill-treatment and since the owners participating to the event are Cornwall's associates, I believe he would not tolerate any misconduct from their part and as he has many connections, I have no doubt it would be easy for him to know if something bad happened to one of the Elves and act upon it.
I write all the time too. The thing about writing is that people can lose track or fail to take into account certain factors. That something is canon or intended does not necessarily mean it makes sense or comes off as intended. A writer can write anything. One character can have blue eyes in one scene and comes into the next scene with green eyes. Or one motivation in one scene and the exact opposite in the next. Or in this case being master and slave in one scene and equal terms consensual lovers in the next. Or being willing in one scene and committing violent crimes to avoid the situation in the next. Whether or not they take everything into consideration is part of what differentiates between a good story and a bad story. And why feedback such as this is valuable.

And the problem is Cornwall isn't god. He can't stop what he doesn't see, nor can he prove someone's intention in every action they take. It doesn't matter what he intends because the rules themselves allow the masters infinite room to coerce their slaves. There can always be consequences because they are neither free nor independent. And if they don't like the actual act then the only other sensible reason for them accepting is that their decision is being influenced by such consequences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jam3s
4.70 star(s) 447 Votes