Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
That change of heart has been going on for some time, that is the whole point. We were just one of the main straws that broke the proverbial camel's back.
Again, think of the conversation you and he had in the street during Lin's event. This is a man who views elves as essentially pets; he thinks people shouldn't be allowed to harm their pets with impunity, certainly, but he still thinks they're objectively inferior to humans. To go from that attitude to a belief that they should receive treatment on par with humans, in mere months, is shockingly fast. I'm not saying he hasn't changed his opinion over the course of his life, nor that he cannot do so further; I'm saying that to change that much in the timeframe of the game (a few months possibly less if you're quick) is exceptionally quick.
Let's put it in real world terms; if someone bumped into you in the street, and explained to you, totally unsolicited, how inferior your black girlfriend is, and how it's shocking that she's allowed to act as if she's a person, then two months later that same person is leading the charge to end institutional racism, would you call that a gradual change? I wouldn't, and I'd argue most people would agree with me.

That contest was the last push he needed to show that he might be wrong.
But it didn't prove he was wrong about how he views elves, because that was never the point of the contest; all it proved was that your training method (love and affection) is a legitimate method to train elves. The contest wasn't to prove that elves deserve more rights, or that his treatment of them is immoral, it was to prove that your training method had merit, nothing more. Again, proving to someone that your way of training animals is effective and that they were wrong to doubt you, is not the same as proving to that person that they're people, not animals.

He hasn't had a total change of heart, you are the only one saying that, but the cracks are forming, and one of these days, it will shatter.
Now who's putting words in other people's mouths? I never said he had a total change of heart. My entire point has been that he hasn't had a change of heart, and certainly not enough to grant elves further rights within the timeframe of the game, and that if he were to do so, it'd be unrealistic. How did you misunderstand that so completely?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Again, think of the conversation you and he had in the street during Lin's event. This is a man who views elves as essentially pets; he thinks people shouldn't be allowed to harm their pets with impunity, certainly, but he still thinks they're objectively inferior to humans. To go from that attitude to a belief that they should receive treatment on par with humans, in mere months, is shockingly fast. I'm not saying he hasn't changed his opinion over the course of his life, nor that he cannot do so further; I'm saying that to change that much in the timeframe of the game (a few months possibly less if you're quick) is exceptionally quick.
Let's put it in real world terms; if someone bumped into you in the street, and explained to you, totally unsolicited, how inferior your black girlfriend is, and how it's shocking that she's allowed to act as if she's a person, then two months later that same person is leading the charge to end institutional racism, would you call that a gradual change? I wouldn't, and I'd argue most people would agree with me.

But it didn't prove he was wrong about how he views elves, because that was never the point of the contest; all it proved was that your training method (love and affection) is a legitimate method to train elves. The contest wasn't to prove that elves deserve more rights, or that his treatment of them is immoral, it was to prove that your training method had merit, nothing more. Again, proving to someone that your way of training animals is effective and that they were wrong to doubt you, is not the same as proving to that person that they're people, not animals.

Now who's putting words in other people's mouths? I never said he had a total change of heart. My entire point has been that he hasn't had a change of heart, and certainly not enough to grant elves further rights within the timeframe of the game, and that if he were to do so, it'd be unrealistic. How did you misunderstand that so completely?
You are the one talking about instant changes, I never have.
Getting really tired of repeating myself, yes, he did think that, but he has a number of people in the process of changing his mind! I said this was a start and the rest is for the future, but you keep ignoring that, and again, none of this has anything to do with what I said, which was our connection to him and a number of other powerful people, could help get us Ren.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Development of v0.9 should begin on Monday! :)
I just realized my word choice wasn't the best. I changed the post to say "the Alpha build should come out at the end of this month, or the beginning of November."

I've been writing story and planning for v0.9 this week, but I've been busy and haven't been able to devote enough time to it. This coming week I will be doing more of the same (story writing and planning).

On the 27th I should announce proper development of v0.9 (CGs, scripting, implementing the story, etc). On that week's friday, the Alpha build should come out.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes