goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
What about the fact that the patches don't seem to have a very good track record of actually working? Many of the issues people have been having with the game recently has been because they downloaded and installed the patch and not the full version.
In theory, the Ren'Py patching will automatically take care of that. In theory. I'll believe it when I see it.

And I said that Ren'Py will make the patches itself if you have a webserver.
The webserver is not required to MAKE the patches. The webserver is required to SERVE the patches. The patches are made by the Ren'Py SDK. I don't know how good of a job it does doing this, but at a minimum it would require you to have a baseline to patch against, and require some setup. And unless some patrons start complaining about the download size on Patreon, he's got no incentive to invest in this.

Also - you might want to UNDERSTAND a post before you facepalm it. Your false assertion that all you need is a webserver and Ren'Py would make the patch shows you don't understand this topic well enough.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That face looks very feline. She'll make a fine Cougar when she gets to that age! :devilish:
Yeah, I like her better as another cat too, but if she wants to play puppy, that can be fun too. We could take her for a walk as a new exhibitionism event. :sneaky:

I will say that Felicity needs more exhibitionism events, jumping straight from 'show your tits' to 'crawl around naked on the beach with cat ears and tail' feels like we missed a few steps. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Harem_Master

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
In theory, the Ren'Py patching will automatically take care of that. In theory. I'll believe it when I see it.

The webserver is not required to MAKE the patches. The webserver is required to SERVE the patches. The patches are made by the Ren'Py SDK. I don't know how good of a job it does doing this, but at a minimum it would require you to have a baseline to patch against, and require some setup. And unless some patrons start complaining about the download size on Patreon, he's got no incentive to invest in this.

Also - you might want to UNDERSTAND a post before you facepalm it. Your false assertion that all you need is a webserver and Ren'Py would make the patch shows you don't understand this topic well enough.

Your 'setup' is literally setting one flag in the options script file. Then Ren'Py makes the patches, exactly like I said.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Yeah, I like her better as another cat too, but if she wants to play puppy, that can be fun too. We could take her for a walk as a new exhibitionism event. :sneaky:

I will say that Felicity needs more exhibitionism events, jumping straight from 'show your tits' to 'crawl around naked on the beach with cat ears and tail' feels like we missed a few steps. :ROFLMAO:
If the story was a bit more detailed, we'd see Maria take a more dominant role in training Felicity. Maria is the most popular girl at the hotel and at her school and we've seen her wrap the MC around her fingers like certain Demon ;). In spite of everyone having their personal favs, Maria seems the master maniputator and could end up as the Chief Concubine!

• Haha

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

Your 'setup' is literally setting one flag in the options script file. Then Ren'Py makes the patches, exactly like I said.
You said it required a webserver to make the patch. It does not require a webserver to create the patch. Are you absolutely positively sure that it's LITERALLY SETTING ONE FLAG? Especially when the page you quoted said it requires 2 things (change in options.rpy, clicking a flag in Build Distributions).

When someone tells me that it will just work, or everything is handled for me, my bullshit detector starts going off. I've heard those things too many times to believe them at face value.

Have you used it? What happens if he makes patches for alpha, then beta, and finally release. Will it patch previous release to current release correctly? Will it handle multiple levels of patches? Do you expect him to pay for the webserver/bandwidth that only non-patrons here are crowing for?

• Haha

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
When someone tells me that it will just work, or everything is handled for me, my bullshit detector starts going off.
Wait, is it made by Bethesda? :p
If the story was a bit more detailed, we'd see Maria take a more dominant role in training Felicity. Maria is the most popular girl at the hotel and at her school and we've seen her wrap the MC around her fingers like certain Demon ;). In spite of everyone having their personal favs, Maria seems the master maniputator and could end up as the Chief Concubine!
Yeah, I love Maria, though I would prefer if she made sure to ask before she starts something with one of the other girls, at the very least, I want to be there to watch! ...er, I mean chaperone, and make sure no one is being made to do something they do not want. :sneaky:

That said, Kali is obviously the head wife, but the head concubine would be a tough call between Maria and Assertive Lin.
Lin Waifu.jpg

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Great post! And it takes me back to the convo we had about the security of the Hotel and the MC's bodyguards; Lin as River Tam, Android as Terminator T-X, and Elf Rebel Nia as an Assassin's Creed Ninja (Sorry, never played that game).:)

• Haha

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
I see many ecchi sensei models here cool
That's not what's going on at all. Both games use Honey Select to make the renders, which means they both draw from the same pool of resources. Lots of games on this site use Honey Select, and almost all of them are much older than Ecchi Sensei. This very game is older than Ecchi Sensei.

Reactions: L30 and TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
That's not what's going on at all. Both games use Honey Select to make the renders, which means they both draw from the same pool of resources. Lots of games on this site use Honey Select, and almost all of them are much older than Ecchi Sensei. This very game is older than Ecchi Sensei.
I'm pretty sure Ecchi Sensei uses Playhome, not Honey Select anyway, haha

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well I am glad I keep fall back saves, looks like I need to go back to 8.2 and restart again, I got Lin and Kali's level 3 lust events, but neither Kali or Ashley's new content will start no matter what I do, even the fix didn't work.

• Wow

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well I am glad I keep fall back saves, looks like I need to go back to 8.2 and restart again, I got Lin and Kali's level 3 lust events, but neither Kali or Ashley's new content will start no matter what I do, even the fix didn't work.
As Sierra On-Line used to say, 'Save Early, Save Often' and I like to add, 'under new slots'.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
This is a back up folder, and I don't use the same slot, I save a new slot for easy replay of each good sex scene.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes