Arrngrim

Oct 22, 2017
*gets excited for new version...reads change log*

One new story event for Maria...?

*gets sad faced* Just one for guaranteed, certified best waifu? Ergh...

Still, thank ya kindly Runey, love your work!

And indeed...."Fuck them!"

Last edited:

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
The game already is compressed. The further compression makes it smaller but at the cost of a lot of quality. Without the current compression the game would be somewhere around 60GB IIRC
Well yes,I have no doubt that the raw source files are of a much heavier calibre but non the less,closing in on 5 gb for the amount of content is a bit...you know.
Ultimately the CG quality question is obviously one every creator has to answer for themselves but as someone who is mostly in it for the narrative...well ´tis starting to be a bit much.
The heavier compressed version,despite the obvious loss of quality,provided a nice middle ground which I will dearly miss.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Yikes, where did this come from? Each bug fix is labeled as 0.0.x. This has been going on literally since I started. I even mentioned uploading v0.9.1 a few posts above...

Also, hey, I have a name. You know I stalk this thread.
LOL, sorry, I @'d you the last time I mentioned this a week or so ago and assumed you saw it, didn't want you thinking I was beating a dead horse.

There were at least 6 different versions made available that I personally saw of the last version I compressed. I ran SHA hashes on them. While I'm a big fan of yours, I don't play games from here much anymore so I don't want to be posting a compressed version that's behind on the latest bugfixes but looks like it is.

TL;DR - someone who actively plays this game should do the compressed version. :)

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Well yes,I have no doubt that the raw source files are of a much heavier calibre but non the less,closing in on 5 gb for the amount of content is a bit...you know.
Ultimately the CG quality question is obviously one every creator has to answer for themselves but as someone who is mostly in it for the narrative...well ´tis starting to be a bit much.
The heavier compressed version,despite the obvious loss of quality,provided a nice middle ground which I will dearly miss.
Honeslty, no, I don't know. There's almost 15,000 1920x1080 pictures, including animations. The game itself is bigger than the harry potter books. The images aren't even .jpgs or .pngs anymore because .webp is more efficient.

The game should even net you at least 10 hours of play. I think Middle Earth at 97GB net me 27 hours of gameplay.

Who's complaining about a game at 5GB nowadays when we have updates for CoD at 60GB alone? I understand not everyone has amazing internet, but the download is as small as I can get it without harming the image quality.

Last edited:

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
LOL, sorry, I @'d you the last time I mentioned this a week or so ago and assumed you saw it, didn't want you thinking I was beating a dead horse.

There were at least 6 different versions made available that I personally saw of the last version I compressed. I ran SHA hashes on them. While I'm a big fan of yours, I don't play games from here much anymore so I don't want to be posting a compressed version that's behind on the latest bugfixes but looks like it is.

TL;DR - someone who actively plays this game should do the compressed version. :)
Understandable, I recommend waiting until v0.x.1 or v0.x.2 to upload any compressions or anything, or anyone can just ask me if the game is bug free. I'm not quite sure how you ended up uploading so many builds tbh.

Deathbyrd

May 6, 2018
Does anybody know if you can port saves to a new computer? I just got a new one and would rather not have to start the game over.

Nyxsidus

Oct 22, 2018
femdom event for maria/android is bugged. cant go to the room in the evening and if i dont go and it hits night im stuck in a orgasm loop text

Reactions: Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
femdom event for maria/android is bugged. cant go to the room in the evening and if i dont go and it hits night im stuck in a orgasm loop text
Reload a save from before this, you must go to Maria's door at evening. This will hopefully be fixed in v0.9.1

Reactions: TheDevian

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
Who's complaining about a game at 5GB nowadays when we have updates for CoD at 60GB alone? I understand not everyone has amazing internet, but the download is as small as I can get it without harming the image quality.
Honestly, I think part of the problem is people still using sub-20mbit connections in parts of the world. And monthly data caps. Those are a real bitch and a half.

Edit: What I can do is once all the bugfix versions are set is make a torrent for this and let it sit on my seedbox for a couple months. I would ask others to help share some at that point, though, because I'm limited to 5TB a month on it and I do other things with it.

Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

5CH4CHT3L

Apr 21, 2018
Honeslty, no, I don't know. There's almost 15,000 1920x1080 pictures, including animations. The game itself is bigger than the harry potter books. The images aren't even .jpgs or .pngs anymore because .webp is more efficient.

The game should even net you at least 10 hours of play. I think Middle Earth at 97GB net me 27 hours of gameplay.

I personally think 5GB is still fine and I prefer higher quality over low size.
However, it's harder to download these games using my full internet bandwidth compared to steam / uplay etc. so that might become a problem.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm sure someone will compress it for a loss of quality eventually but you can't honestly expect the dev to compromise the quality of his work just because you struggle with 5 gigs of a download?

Especially when a lot of us want that high quality.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes