Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Harem Hotel is my first attempt at writing anything (other than homebrew D&D campaigns), so I guess it makes sense that the earlier stuff is worse haha.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I guess I don't really see the plothole? Maybe I'm just not seeing it, I'll try to fix it if I see it though :)
So this is why it feels like I just fell from the Forgotten Realms into...how exactly is the realm it is inside called?

Reactions: EZ8lt

Zeroisdead

Jun 20, 2018
Harem Hotel is my first attempt at writing anything (other than homebrew D&D campaigns), so I guess it makes sense that the earlier stuff is worse haha.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I guess I don't really see the plothole? Maybe I'm just not seeing it, I'll try to fix it if I see it though :)
So... do you have plans on changing it later? It's ok if not I'm just curious. (I too am a fellow DM. So I understand)

I'm going to replay the game from start to finish with this new update so I'll try to take a look again. Maybe I missed something it's been a couple of months since I finished the game last. I'll try to let you know what I find.

Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
So... do you have plans on changing it later? It's ok if not I'm just curious. (I too am a fellow DM. So I understand)

I'm going to replay the game from start to finish with this new update so I'll try to take a look again. Maybe I missed something it's been a couple of months since I finished the game last. I'll try to let you know what I find.
I have been remaking a lot of the older content, although I haven't this update because I really just needed finish it to focus on myself. I think the first... third or quarter of the game has been remade two or three times by now, as well. (it used to look a lot worse).

I usually only remake content that looks visually worse than the current stuff, or could use a total rehaul (like Lin's virginity event). A remake for anything is definitely on the table if it is needed.

Please let me know what you discover :)

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
There are other games on this site that i really like but I'm not a patron of but I'm a patron of Runeys,
Why?.
Runey is usually a lot faster with updates by at least a month!.
"in some cases 9+ months"
Runey tells us if there is a problem or a delay and when he hopes to have it resolved and gets it resolved by that time!.
"crickets chirp in many of the other forums on this topic and updates are usally delayed again and again"
Runey is active in the forums.
"cant say many devs are active on the forums here, Those that are are the best devs"
Runeys update content is usually the same size or more then the other games update content!.
"story wise and fapability wise some games are just lacking when the updates out"
Runey actively squashes bugs quickly.
"some games i play still have no bugfixes 3-4 weeks later"

To those of you attacking Runey!.
take a long hard look at some of the other devs on this site using it for the same purpose Runey is.
you will see just how bad "some" of those devs treat their fans and patrons alike, the contempt those devs can have is sickening.
take a good look at the quality of their work and compare it to Runeys.
If you still cant see why Runey is liked so much and supported so much You're either blind, stupid or Trolling.
(or else secretly you're a Ultra Runey fan and just shitty because the games not Completed yet and you want it sooo bad!)

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
TheDevian

I just want to clarify I am not working on the D&D spinoff at the moment. That's something I plan to do a bit off before I start v0.10 (like maybe a week or two of development, then develop it on the side). I would like to release the spinoff alongside v0.10 if everything goes according to plan. Also, don't expect it to be big guys, it is a spinoff, and just for fun. :)

Depression, especially if you have no one around can be very hard. Me for example, my parents were never around. I never had anyone to talk to about much of anything. HH is almost like therapy for me, in its own weird way.

Last edited:

Zeroisdead

Jun 20, 2018
I have been remaking a lot of the older content, although I haven't this update because I really just needed finish it to focus on myself. I think the first... third or quarter of the game has been remade two or three times by now, as well. (it used to look a lot worse).

I usually only remake content that looks visually worse than the current stuff, or could use a total rehaul (like Lin's virginity event). A remake for anything is definitely on the table if it is needed.

Please let me know what you discover :)
Awesome, I'll try to keep notes as I play and PM you on discord later with them. If you would like them. My name Is DEADZER0 on Discord. My picture is of Naofumi from Shield Hero. Idk when I'll send you the notes as it'll take time for me to play through the game again (I have a busy life can't play games all the time, unfortunately) but I'll try to remind you who I am when I do send it. I'm happy to help such a great project.

Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

Imperfect

Feb 13, 2018
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I used the computer in game to get Lin's "cutiepie outfit", gathered it from the front door, but haven't been able to give it to her at any point. Is there a specific way to do this, or is the process still to click on Lin's door and click the option and my game is just glitched?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Harem Hotel, the never ending game
I wonder how many characters are there, and how many will come?
One is definitely on the way, I think she has an amazing character. I would like to fill up 3 floors, but that's a goal and not a plan. I think I would need to finish some of the current cast before I move on to other main characters

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I used the computer in game to get Lin's "cutiepie outfit", gathered it from the front door, but haven't been able to give it to her at any point. Is there a specific way to do this, or is the process still to click on Lin's door and click the option and my game is just glitched?
You don't have to give her the outfit. Has this been confusing for you guys? The lust outfits are clothes MC buys to put on the girls instead of giving them the clothes to own. That was my line of thinking, but perhaps the result was just confusion?

You don't need to do anything, you own the outfit and have unlocked the event

Imperfect

Feb 13, 2018
You don't have to give her the outfit. Has this been confusing for you guys? The lust outfits are clothes MC buys to put on the girls instead of giving them the clothes to own. That was my line of thinking, but perhaps the result was just confusion?

You don't need to do anything, you own the outfit and have unlocked the event
That makes sense, but it might be helpful to put a little note in there to indicate that this outfit behaves differently from the others that you purchase.

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
Regarding going back and cleaning up old scenes and such, I kind of wish the dialogue script could be accessed via external files. There's the occasional fat-finger whoops Engrish here and there and I'd love to be able to fix it up and share such with people.
Since I'm about to replay the game (gotta start from scratch while waiting for Lain to update), I could at least try to make note of where it happens, if it's even still in the game. But the dev in me would want to say "It's in this file on that line" so you wouldn't have to search.

Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Regarding going back and cleaning up old scenes and such, I kind of wish the dialogue script could be accessed via external files. There's the occasional fat-finger whoops Engrish here and there and I'd love to be able to fix it up and share such with people.
Since I'm about to replay the game (gotta start from scratch while waiting for Lain to update), I could at least try to make note of where it happens, if it's even still in the game. But the dev in me would want to say "It's in this file on that line" so you wouldn't have to search.
I would definitely appreciate it! I can fix typos in seconds if I have the dialog line to jump to. For example, if you gave me a list like this, I would easily be able to fix it.

"Hey Ashley, want ot go to the beach?"

The dialog would need to be exactly as it shows in game, but that's all, super easy to fix :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
TheDevian

I just want to clarify I am not working on the D&D spinoff at the moment. That's something I plan to do a bit off before I start v0.10 (like maybe a week or two of of development, then development it on the side). I would like to release the spinoff alongside v0.10 if everything goes according to plan. Also, don't expect it to be big guys, it is a spinoff, and just for fun. :)

Depression, especially if you have no one around can be very hard. Me for example, my parents were never around. I never had anyone to talk to about much of anything. HH is almost like therapy for me, in its own weird way.
Still you were working on the concept, and some rough ideas for it, that is still part of the process, and no small part at that, even if it is harder to show off. It's just exciting to see another side of the girls, and besides, a lot of us are are/were fans, so the nostalgia is real. :LOL:

You are not alone. There are a bunch of us here and on discord that sympathize and are happy to chat about anything that is bothering you, or whatever.
One is definitely on the way, I think she has an amazing character. I would like to fill up 3 floors, but that's a goal and not a plan. I think I would need to finish some of the current cast before I move on to other main characters
While I agree, seeing more of the ones we have is better for now, I would love to see this going for many years to come. Aside from the other floor, we have that whole sanctuary to fill out and more! ;)

4.70 star(s) 451 Votes