hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
If you had been paying attention for the past couple of months, you would have realized that there were reasons for the delay posted here. It really would be in everyone's best interest to just be glad that v0.9 is out now and move on from there.
Yeah. He was working his (figurative) butt off getting all this work done on the secondary characters so that he can focus on the all-Ellen update coming out later in the summer. :)

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Just to clarify- so the Boat Adventure is an endgame event and we shouldn't start it in THIS update?

Also, I'm rather confused about update terminology. This most recent one (just a couple of days ago) is "Version 0.9", so the next major update (ignoring bug fixes and tweeks) is v 1.0? But wouldn't that imply that the game is completed? So the next one should be v 0.10? Complicating the matter is that some developers seem to use dates for the version labels and others use a percentage completed.
According to Runey some time ago:

A standard rule of thumb:
vx: A full version
v0.x: A major patch, includes new content
v.0.0.x: a minor patch, usually for fixing bugs, may be major or minor bugs.

So, v0.6 would be new content. v0.6.1/2/3 would be bug fixes.

gundam_00

Aug 5, 2017
Ok, I've been going through recent posts and I gotta ask - who the hell is Adele? I got a beach scene with Maria and some chick named Hana, but that's it. Am I missing something, or is it an old scene I've forgotten and can't find among my saves?
most likely the android

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Violet is a fanfic made by Lain and Runey (I think) that you can unlock from your PC with a code. All her events are non-canon, but hot as fuck.
Wheelchair girl is a half-drow's granddaughter that Runey mentioned, on a more serious non-fanfic note, in a comment here on this thread before.
Violet is a character designed by a patron, he wrote everything and I developed it. I no longer do that though.

Just to clarify- so the Boat Adventure is an endgame event and we shouldn't start it in THIS update?

Also, I'm rather confused about update terminology. This most recent one (just a couple of days ago) is "Version 0.9", so the next major update (ignoring bug fixes and tweeks) is v 1.0? But wouldn't that imply that the game is completed? So the next one should be v 0.10? Complicating the matter is that some developers seem to use dates for the version labels and others use a percentage completed.
You can play through it, but because HH itself is in a beta state, it wont play as it would from start to finish.

Versioning doesn't use the decimal system. It used decimals as delimiters. The version after 0.9 is 0.10

Many devs are hobbyists at best and use whatever system they come up with. I'm cool with any so long as it is clear Y comes after X and its meaning is clear.
The first and possibly biggest that comes to mind using this way of versioning is Minecraft (ignoring the snapshots).
x.0.0 = full version
0.x.0 = major update
0.0.x = small update or bug fix

Maybe there have been other games before this, but I believe it's very common to do it this way.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
found something interesting. Kali's affection stat now shows "Close Friends" instead of "Lovers"
She is the only one that got this.
Thanks for the report, fixed!

v0.9 - the update when Kali friendzoned everyone, haha

So long as it has been a few days after the last story event, and Android's friendship is NOT 27, you should get a Talk option on her door.

Satyr

Jul 22, 2018
I can't get it to update from 0.8.2 to 0.9! Just did the drag and drop + replace old files. What gives? Is there a different process, what am I missing?? Or did it work but "Info" Tab ingame still reads version 0.8.2?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I can't get it to update from 0.8.2 to 0.9! Just did the drag and drop + replace old files. What gives? Is there a different process, what am I missing?? Or did it work but "Info" Tab ingame still reads version 0.8.2?
You should never merge different versions of the same game, download v0.9 and run it without merging. It should be in its own folder. Your saves will come across automatically (on Windows at least)

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
I believe that's true, yes. Though the concepts of angelic and demonic heritage are not, as Corvus Belli points out. I'm relatively sure those words were coined by writers working for WotC, though it could have been TSR.

Those words existed before D&D and have been in usage for a very long time. Tolkien, for example.
Angelic levels such as 'Hosts" and "Legions", while non-Biblical, come from Rabbinical works predating modern Copyright Law (as do words such as "elf", "dwarf", "giant", "kobold" and "orc", even if the modern forms don't mean the same as the original usages).

TSR had to change "hobbit" and "ent" due to litigation from the Tolkien estate (to "halfling"and "treent"). And the first couple of editions of the Deities & Demigods guidebook included sections for the Cthulhu Mythos & Michael Moorcock's Melnibonéan Mythos which were removed from later editions due to threat of legal action. (That's technically incorrect- as in most things, the situation was more complicated, but this is a case where a over-simplification is justified. And it amounts to pretty much the same result.)

Last edited:
Reactions: L30 and TheDevian
4.70 star(s) 452 Votes