kjj308

Nov 2, 2022
and as I said, as quoted below, everyone speaks differently.

And my other comment about using bad grammar in a story, when it fits the character also applies.
Lin, an under educated elf would not likely speak proper ivy league school English, but rather what she had learned on the street and from her various owners.
So something like that, actually fits her character perfectly.
Kali on the other hand, you would expect to be well spoken due to her status and education.
If Kali had said that, I would have agreed with you, but not Lin.
Sorry, didn't realize "could've" was Ivy League English. I feel so accomplished. :p

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
and as I said, as quoted below, everyone speaks differently.

And my other comment about using bad grammar in a story, when it fits the character also applies.
Lin, an under educated elf would not likely speak proper ivy league school English, but rather what she had learned on the street and from her various owners.
So something like that, actually fits her character perfectly.
Kali on the other hand, you would expect to be well spoken due to her status and education.
If Kali had said that, I would have agreed with you, but not Lin.
Yeah, we all have different speech patterns, and as long as it is speech, then some oddities are fine, it is when it is narration that you have to be more precise.
I want to know what the cheating code for the game is
truestory

Reactions: kjj308

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Yeah, we all have different speech patterns, and as long as it is speech, then some oddities are fine, it is when it is narration that you have to be more precise.

truestory
That and typos like typing here instead of hear, or there rather than their or they're, and similar errors that are common to text based stories.

Reactions: TheDevian

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Oh, and there is another reason that Lin would have some issues with being well spoken.
Possible brain damage from all of the head patting that TheDevian has done to her.
I am actually surprised that she does not stutter.

Aoiru

Aug 25, 2017
Hey guys, how can i trigger this Event of Ashley? I try comming to her room every time of the day but the option "talk to her" does not appear. I also skip a few days but nothing happen. Thank you very much then.
1687327633885.png

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Hey guys, how can i trigger this Event of Ashley? I try comming to her room every time of the day but the option "talk to her" does not appear. I also skip a few days but nothing happen. Thank you very much then.
View attachment 2712479
If you are referring to the second one, after the meeting in the sewers of the slums, you have to buy the phone via your computer, and then go to Ashley.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
How can i get v0.17 for android ?
Read the OP
Android Instructions:

1. Download the PC version of the game.

2. Unpack the .zip using RAR or your desired unpacking tool.

3. Download Joiplay and the Ren'py plugin (not) through the Google Play store.

4. Launch Joiplay, when your on the main menu click the "+" button on the bottom right. Enter game name, version and (optional) game icon.

5. On the "Executable File" click Choose and go to the location where you downloaded the game, when inside the unpacked game folder choose the .exe game file and click Choose. When all information looks correct, feel free to click on the "Add" button.

6. You're now done and good to go. Have fun! (You may also want to move saves around)

Friendly Uploader Note:
The playstore version of JoiPlay causes errors, use the versions from their patreon or web site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runey

Vyktym76

Aug 20, 2018
Hi There,

I'm having issue, I cannot go past level 15 for Pixel, no event happens during the evening.
Any suggestions on this?

Edit:
Figured it out.
Could you please tell me what you did? I'm stuck there also. Many Thanks in advance.

Edit:
NVM I too figured it out. I was waiting in my room instead of going to hers.

Last edited:

DaFlurbIsHere

Jun 3, 2022
I got this when trying to start up the game, with Lain's Mod installed. Any ideas beyond reinstalling?

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/script.rpy', 1644261995, 56) is defined twice, at game/game/script.rpyc:41 and script.rpyc:41.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/script.rpy', 1644261995, 56) is defined twice, at game/game/script.rpyc:41 and script.rpyc:41.

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Harem Hotel v0.17
Wed Jun 21 16:55:39 2023

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I got this when trying to start up the game, with Lain's Mod installed. Any ideas beyond reinstalling?

While running game code:

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
check_name(node)

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Harem Hotel v0.17
This seems to suggest that you did not install the update correctly.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

While running game code:

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
check_name(node)

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Harem Hotel v0.17
Ask Lain, would be one. Yet, from the log game/game folder shouldn't be there and that is the root error. As Runey written, most likely false installed (extract the patch, mod, whatever into the game directory and not into the base directory as it should be).

Reactions: TheDevian

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
Hi all. I've updated my Harem Hotel: Expanded / Walkthrough mod for 0.17.

Harem Hotel: Expanded / Walkthrough Mod

Great game update btw, Runey!
GREAT! I'm so happy you're back, Lain! (y) (I've read about your struggle and, believe me, I do understand you... I've been there myself, and I'm still there...). I wish you the best! Take care

Of course, I'm also enthusiast of this new update of Harem Hotel by Runey :love: and being able to play it directly with my favourite mod which has just been updated for this release it's a great combo!

Reactions: GamerDaddy

johnnyxxxv

Aug 14, 2020
If you are referring to the second one, after the meeting in the sewers of the slums, you have to buy the phone via your computer, and then go to Ashley.
I actually had the same issue, and looked here for a solution, and had to smack myself on the head, lol. Anyway, I know I wasn't the one that asked, but thank you.

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes