DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Can see your search button is working some overtime here.

v16 save posted less than half a page before your post. v17 has only been out a couple days, it wouldn't take you more than a hour to go from there.
I reposted it for someone on the previous page, and it took me less that 1 minute to find it using the search feature.
I had seen that last persons request for it, and flat out ignored it, because you get tired of people not putting any effort at all into getting the answers themselves.

Maybe if we just ignored requests like that, that get asked so often.
That can be answered so easily by using the search or just reading a few pages.
More people might start breaking down and using the search.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I reposted it for someone on the previous page, and it took me less that 1 minute to find it using the search feature.
I had seen that last persons request for it, and flat out ignored it, because you get tired of people not putting any effort at all into getting the answers themselves.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020

Your post is what I was referring to, as it was literally "right" there thanks to you.

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
I got this when trying to start up the game, with Lain's Mod installed. Any ideas beyond reinstalling?

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/script.rpy', 1644261995, 56) is defined twice, at game/game/script.rpyc:41 and script.rpyc:41.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/script.rpy', 1644261995, 56) is defined twice, at game/game/script.rpyc:41 and script.rpyc:41.

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Harem Hotel v0.17
Wed Jun 21 16:55:39 2023
Looks like you extracted Lain's "game" folder as a child folder of the original "game" folder, so now you have two copies of the "script.rpy"/"script.rpyc" file: the original:
<YouHaremHotelFolder>\game\script.rpy
(If you haven't extracted the .rpa archives you don't see this one, but it's there inside the scripts.rpa and it is extracted transparently at runtime)

And the modded
<YouHaremHotelFolder>\game\game\script.rpy

The modded files are supposed to substitute the original files of the same name, so CUT your
<YouHaremHotelFolder>\game\game\

and PASTE it two level above, directly in your

<YouHaremHotelFolder>\
and if prompted by Windows choose to MERGE the two "game" folders, and to OVERWRITE any file with the same name

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
Looks like you extracted Lain's "game" folder as a child folder of the original "game" folder, so now you have two copies of the "script.rpy"/"script.rpyc" file: the original:
<YouHaremHotelFolder>\game\script.rpy
(If you haven't extracted the .rpa archives you don't see this one, but it's there inside the scripts.rpa and it is extracted transparently at runtime)

And the modded
<YouHaremHotelFolder>\game\game\script.rpy

The modded files are supposed to substitute the original files of the same name, so CUT your
<YouHaremHotelFolder>\game\game\

and PASTE it two level above, directly in your

<YouHaremHotelFolder>\
and if prompted by Windows choose to MERGE the two "game" folders, and to OVERWRITE any file with the same name
Considering they couldn't even follow the instructions on the mod page they'll probably still fuck it up a couple of times even with the visual aid.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
When I extract the V17 files there's no .EXE file. Halp!
Did you DL the incremental “update”
If you are able to use that file (you have 16) then follow the instructions in the readme.
no exe required because you already have it in 16.

If you are new to game … ie can’t use the “update” you need to DL the large file which has 1-16 + 17 and the EXE part.

If this isn’t your problem… dunno what your problem is.

foxxyfoxx

Jan 23, 2022
New update is dark as hell. Every root is so depressive, especcialy android's - her transformation is a little naive and not at all in her character (just my thoughts). And all these arguments about a better world through genocide, etc. - for what?

sorry for the whining. my big thanks to the dev for this update!

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
What's the password on the computer? Is it a Secret script?
They are available for the patreon members of the higher tiers that give cheat codes that they can enter into the MC's computer that unlock special features.
Many of them make mods pointless with this game.

image_2023-06-21_230325797.png

Last edited:

Rystvalya

Aug 24, 2019
You could redownload the whole thing, or you could install the v0.15 > v0.16 patch, then the v0.16 > v0.17 patch. That should work going all the back to when patches were included.
Thanks, this is what I'd prefer to do but I can't find any links to .16. Do you know if any are still available?

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes