erikhuis

Jun 11, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/lobby_script.rpy", line 177, in script
    if lain_custom_scenes_active and lain_highfashion_step == 1 and ellen_friendship >= 7 and talk_whiterose and (time_of_day == 1 or time_of_day == 2):
  File "game/scripts/lobby_script.rpy", line 177, in <module>
    if lain_custom_scenes_active and lain_highfashion_step == 1 and ellen_friendship >= 7 and talk_whiterose and (time_of_day == 1 or time_of_day == 2):
NameError: name 'lain_custom_scenes_active' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/lobby_script.rpy", line 177, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/lobby_script.rpy", line 177, in <module>
NameError: name 'lain_custom_scenes_active' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Harem Hotel v0.17
Wed Sep 20 21:27:46 2023

Hanz

May 21, 2017
This game has been in development for quite some time, any idea how close we are getting to completing it?

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
This game has been in development for quite some time, any idea how close we are getting to completing it?
No - there was brief discussion a few weeks/month ago and Runey chimed in that he still had years of dev ideas/story to finish. At 2-3 updates a year, I'd prolly guess at least 2 years. Ultimately it's anyone's guess since even Runey has had unexpected life events happen to slow down progress.

We still haven't been introduced to the last room character, if we're going to be. We're only just starting the sexual journey for Autumn. Other main characters have a solid start on their stories, but I'd say we're only just in the thick of things in terms of where those are.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
As the all seeing, all knowing, and some telling Runey has stated, it has a ways to go yet, so it will be done when Runey says it is done.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No - there was brief discussion a few weeks/month ago and Runey chimed in that he still had years of dev ideas/story to finish. At 2-3 updates a year, I'd prolly guess at least 2 years. Ultimately it's anyone's guess since even Runey has had unexpected life events happen to slow down progress.

We still haven't been introduced to the last room character, if we're going to be. We're only just starting the sexual journey for Autumn. Other main characters have a solid start on their stories, but I'd say we're only just in the thick of things in terms of where those are.
Not to mention any new ideas that may come to mind. ;)

SteeleHeart

Dec 13, 2017
Is there anything specific that needs to happen before Sylvia's 4th love event? It says it's ready to happen, but checking the wiki it just says, have the garden upgrade and go to the sanctuary in the evening, where Nia talks to you and says she doesn't know where she is. But if I go to the sanctuary in the evening, neither of them are there. Nia is out doing whatever she does, and Sylvia is in the kitchen, in her maid uniform and has no interactions beyond the 'hardly working' line. Going straight to the garden does nothing either. Am I stupid and just missing something obvious?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

flynn1986

Dec 4, 2022
It's not that kind of game :whistle:

There are a few simple mechanics that have been announced but not implemented, but the game isn't likely to change in terms of how it's played. Most updates will just be additional scenes and story drops, and there's no way of knowing how many there will be, or how long each will take.

If it takes another 10 updates to complete the story? 3 years, absolute minimum. And there could easily be 15 or even 20 more updates.
Fingers crossed none of us fucking die before the final complete game releases.

Reactions: torresm and T4t0rt

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Is there anything specific that needs to happen before Sylvia's 4th love event? It says it's ready to happen, but checking the wiki it just says, have the garden upgrade and go to the sanctuary in the evening, where Nia talks to you and says she doesn't know where she is. But if I go to the sanctuary in the evening, neither of them are there. Nia is out doing whatever she does, and Sylvia is in the kitchen, in her maid uniform and has no interactions beyond the 'hardly working' line. Going straight to the garden does nothing either. Am I stupid and just missing something obvious?
Perhaps some other event is trying to trigger? You could try going to the garden and see.

Reactions: SteeleHeart

SteeleHeart

Dec 13, 2017
Perhaps some other event is trying to trigger? You could try going to the garden and see.
No luck there, the garden is just empty, all times of day, all days of the week. In fact I don't think I've ever seen a character in there (outside a couple events like Lin being happy with the upgrade, or Lin taking Jin out there). Every other character has had several events since Sylvia's last one so I don't think it's trying to do another character's event first.

Enfrize

May 9, 2018
Get a problem with buying elves from the store, I need to buy them to progress the story but they are all greyed out and got SOLD over them. I have the Sanctuary and Ann is in there but can't progress story yet :(

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
There are two other requirements not mentioned in the wiki: Ashley's relationship has to be at least lv33, and Lin's lv36.

Get a problem with buying elves from the store, I need to buy them to progress the story but they are all greyed out and got SOLD over them. I have the Sanctuary and Ann is in there but can't progress story yet :(
How's your progress on Lin's story?

Enfrize

May 9, 2018
There are two other requirements not mentioned in the wiki: Ashley's relationship has to be at least lv33, and Lin's lv36.

How's your progress on Lin's story?
It's on the point where when you knock in her door it says"need to buy Sylvia" and "need to buy Nia", which I can't do for some reason.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
According to their previous post, they have. Ann is even there already.
I'd like to take a look at the save too...
Yeah, that was my next question as well.
That, and maybe something about if they used any codes/mods.

Reactions: torresm

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Yeah, that was my next question as well.
That, and maybe something about if they used any codes/mods.
I was thinking about the possibility of the mod, or tweaked stats too.
Tweaking stats can break the game.
The mod makes the game addicted to the mod, so that it cannot be played again, without the mod installed, because it adds things to the game, that are not a part of the game as made by Runey.
And the mod allows people to tweak some of the stats, which most people see as being harmless.
In Harem Hotel, certain stats have to be at a specific level, for events to trigger.
To high, or to low, and the event will not happen.

gussi111

Apr 24, 2021
I know this was probably asked a million times but I would like to know. Are there any other games that you really liked like this one? Doesn't need to have this type of story but just a game that is really good like this one is. I don't know much about these games since I started playing them fairly recently, I played this one, dreams of desire, man of the house, milfy city and that's it I think. :)

4.70 star(s) 454 Votes