Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
This is an android port, so not really. And yes I do have the rpa installed, otherwise it wouldn't show the home screen either
Yep I figured that my observation was probably already covered by you.

I just noticed it at the bottom of the OP and It’s not beyond the realm of possibilities that you just installed the 17.2 ONLY and the 16 was missed…

just a shot in the dark…

I had a customer that was certain their PC was broken because nothing was displayed …
turns out that they forgot to power up the monitor… the PC tower was up and functioning … I walked in pushed the power button on monitor and WOW the problem was fixed.

Hi all, my compressed unofficial Android port of Harem Hotel v0.17.2
With Maid Lain walkthrough, cheats, additional events and gallery mod.

Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Note: Quick Menu is not always active, swipe up on the screen to access the game menu if you need to.

Special Instructions:

Install apk.
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!
On first run you will get a prompt to copy the archive.rpa file to "documents/Wills747/harem.hotel/game" folder.
(game will quit now)
Copy the rpa file to the directory indicated in game.
Restart the game.
Keep in mind if your default install location is an actual SD card and slow speed this may slow the launch.

Keep archive.rpa, I'll likely use it for future updates to keep the apk size small.

16.0 rpa file:
Mega

17.2 apk updates:
(16.0 rpa NEEDS to be installed!)

With Maid Lain Mod (892Mb)
Mega

Last edited:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I had a customer that was certain their PC was broken because nothing was displayed …
turns out that they forgot to power up the monitor… the PC tower was up and functioning … I walked in pushed the power button on monitor and WOW the problem was fixed.
LOL, I had a customer years ago who was a Broker that was insisting that the power supply for his PC was dead.
I stopped by his office to check it out, and HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
He thought that the monitor "WAS" the PC.
It turns out that he only turned off the monitor when it was not in use, so after a recent power outage which shut down the actual PC he could no longer use it.
He thought that the big metal case under his desk that was connected to his computer was just a power supply.

And what is really bad is even after I told him that the box was the computer, he still wanted to believe that the monitor was the actual computer.
Totally clueless.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
LOL, I had a customer years ago who was a Broker that was insisting that the power supply for his PC was dead.
It turns out that he only turned off the monitor when it was not in use, so after a recent power outage which shut down the actual PC he could no longer use it.
He thought that the big metal case under his desk that was connected to his computer was just a power supply.

And what is really bad is even after I told him that the box was the computer, he still wanted to believe that the monitor was the actual computer.
Totally clueless.
People are often ignorant…
I’ve come to the personal conclusion it’s alil part of the human condition.

I always assume that people always do as little as possible and then ask or complain.

In this situation I approached it as if they read the OP till they hit the here is the 17.2 apk link … dl’d & installed it and then got errors.

I have an odd wiring … because I see these types of things EVERYWHERE.

I.E. refrigerators … cars … bread… and if you don’t see how these 3 items are making you poorer and more miserable than your parents you too could be lacking some information:unsure::ROFLMAO::cool:

Reactions: TheDevian

Crosspulse

Dec 14, 2021

Totally clueless.
When my sister bought a computer she called me angry because her computer didn't come with internet.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
When my sister bought a computer she called me angry because her computer didn't come with internet.
Condolences!

I too have experienced situations akin to this.

Hopefully she was willing to listen & learn as you helped her realize the scope of her problem.

Granted you might have just let her learn it the hard(er) way.
For me it’s all about the attitude of X person.

People with lack of info like your sister are the types that have ZERO clue with regards to how Google, Facebook, & the FCC (and many many others (governments, service providers and others)) are screwing over the internet (and all its users) and how internet users are just sheep being “farmed” … they make “mistaken” assumptions that while true in the past … don’t apply now (or are in progress of being taken away … )

I always tell those people to think of the internet like a telephone but instead of just you & party B … anyone & everyone else is listening in and recording everything that is said. (It’s worse than that but it’s still a mostly accurate analogy.)

Last edited:
  • Haha

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020

Totally clueless.
"Server's dead, there's no lights". "Can you follow the cord to this big block thing we call a UPS - does it have lights?" "Yup it's working just fine." "It's a two hour drive, are you sure it says XXX on the front and has lights?" "Yup it does".

/Morgan Freeman Voice No, no it was not the UPS and no it did not have power.

Story condensed to not show 10mins of troubleshooting over the phone

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
This is an android port, so not really. And yes I do have the rpa installed, otherwise it wouldn't show the home screen either
If you upload log.txt I can take a look at it. You'll find it in the same folder "game" is.
I suspect it has to do with gl2

turt547

Jun 30, 2017
I used Gofile and extracting it gives me error.

Data error : Harem_Hotel-v0.17.2-pc\game\media.rpa
Data error : Harem_Hotel-v0.17.2-pc\game\pc.rpa
Data error : Harem_Hotel-v0.17.2-pc\game\scripts.rpa
Data error : Harem_Hotel-v0.17.2-pc\game\v09.rpa
Data error : Harem_Hotel-v0.17.2-pc\game\v11.rpa
How do I fix this?

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 427, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "renpy/loader.py", line 244, in index_archives
index = handler.read_index(f)
File "renpy/loader.py", line 129, in read_index
index = loads(zlib.decompress(infile.read()))
error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
I used Gofile and extracting it gives me error.

How do I fix this?
Looks like your DL was possibly interrupted or corrupted (if you DL the red arrow link) … or
You selected one of the “partial” DL options.
The “update only” (blue arrow) or
the DL that is split into 3 parts(green arrow) … If you did the green arrow link …Im pretty sure you NEED all three parts you can’t just run with part 1 only.

IMG_0235.jpeg

But this is just a guess on my part … normally a corrupted DL will just fail, but anything is possible.
A download mgr could possibly prevent that … if that is what happened. (Jdownloader I think is a popular one)

What is the Size/Name of the zip file you downloaded??

best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: c3p0 and TheDevian

turt547

Jun 30, 2017
Looks like your DL was possibly interrupted or corrupted (if you DL the red arrow link) … or
You selected one of the “partial” DL options.
The “update only” (blue arrow) or
the DL that is split into 3 parts(green arrow)

View attachment 3207750

But this is just a guess on my part … normally a corrupted DL will just fail, but anything is possible.
A download mgr could possibly prevent that … if that is what happened. (Jdownloader I think is a popular one)

best of luck!
I did the red one and no problem while downloading. I guess I'll try the download manager.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
I did the red one and no problem while downloading. I guess I'll try the download manager.
B4 DL-ing again post the size & name of the uncompressed zip package??
That you have in the Downloads folder (probably) … if you would.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
I’m not 100% certain about exactly what is causing your problem but the final line of

error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
says … you are missing … something….

;)

I also did some google-fu and … there is a slight chance that it’s lacking the resources to complete its operations and then kicking back this error. Maybe you have a few thing running (browser, unzip, file manager and whatever) then you fire it up and for whatever reason (probably windows / ren’py inefficiencies) it pukes itself.

So if that is the case a soft reset and then attempting to run it … might solve the problem as well.

Last edited:

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Harem_Hotel-v0.17.2-pc
11.6 GB (12,549,212,100 bytes)

I'll maybe try different file extractor.
Looks like it’s complete and the correct file.
a different extractor is a good idea.(y)
If the soft system reset doesn’t fix anything.

Is your system a BEAST or “Is Potato“

If the 2nd (most laptops are “is potato“ after Windows is loaded up on them) it doesn’t take much for even nothing programs like ren’py to be the straw that broke the camels back. Requiring a periodic reset to free up resources.

Last edited:
  • Haha

turt547

Jun 30, 2017
Looks like it’s complete and the correct file.
a different extractor is a good idea.(y)
If the soft system reset doesn’t fix anything.

Is your system a BEAST or “Is Potato“

If the 2nd (most laptops are “is potato“ after Windows is loaded up on them) it doesn’t take much for even nothing programs like ren’py to be the straw that broke the camels back. Requiring a periodic reset to free up resources.
Just weird since it just started doing this recenlty.

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes