TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
80%+ of the posts in the thread would be asking for tech support anyhow like most games on here. :KEK:
Or wondering why the unfinished content isn't in there, or bitching because their one and only save is now fubar because they played an alpha/beta version, without a backup, or...
So you are saying we'd get a "No Headpats for you!", "head pat nazi" type posting instead of fairy wing removal?
:p
No headpats for you - soup nazi.jpg

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
Since the person doing the compressed version is not the game dev, the staff have issues with it, and see them as not being a priority.
Harem Hotel is already heavily compressed by default, since the game is actually over 100 GB's in size, and compressed down to a bit over 10 GB's by the game dev.
All VNs are technically compressed by default but very few of them are compressed to a level that is anywhere close to what people ask for.

Reactions: DigDug69

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
wats going on with the new update are we still getting it or not ?
hope a big one is coming soon, 17 was like... 8 or 9 months ago now? And objectively speaking, it really didn't add a TON of net new content, the majority of it was remakes.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
No, sadly all fairies has losend their wings, so there is no update anymore. The update was sold for the millions of little jet packs and fuel to address the wingless fairy problem.
For all other things:
spaceballs-how-soon-2085310789.gif
All VNs are technically compressed by default but very few of them are compressed to a level that is anywhere close to what people ask for.
All? Also, the size of Harem Hotel is around 100 GB (uncompressed), (dev default) compression is 10 GB, one available here is 4 GB, one someone talked about is 3 GB (although, I won't give it that much credit, until I see that version myself - otherwise I always say I can "compress" Harem Hotel to under 1 GB, simple by lossy compression that loss all image and music files:whistle:).

The question with compression is always how is the game made: Using an game engine that can render "online", using rendered image without layers or with layers and on top of that, of course, image size and quality and your screen at the other end.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
That is very true.
Someone always seems to come along and want it compressed even more than it already is.

Reactions: TheDevian

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
No, sadly all fairies has losend their wings, so there is no update anymore. The update was sold for the millions of little jet packs and fuel to address the wingless fairy problem.
For all other things:
View attachment 3360787

All? Also, the size of Harem Hotel is around 100 GB (uncompressed), (dev default) compression is 10 GB, one available here is 4 GB, one someone talked about is 3 GB (although, I won't give it that much credit, until I see that version myself - otherwise I always say I can "compress" Harem Hotel to under 1 GB, simple by lossy compression that loss all image and music files:whistle:).

The question with compression is always how is the game made: Using an game engine that can render "online", using rendered image without layers or with layers and on top of that, of course, image size and quality and your screen at the other end.
Back when I used to be active in warez sites there were people uploading ISO image files of the Windows 7 install disk that were less than 100MB in size.
They used KGB archiver to compress it that much, and if you downloaded it and looked at the file structure, everything looked fine, at first.
At first....
But then when you started looking at what was in the files, you saw that they contained zero data, because the data was compressed right out of them.
Just blank files, that did nothing, because the ISO was over compressed to a point where they had lost everything useful, except folders, and blank files...
But, here is the thing that caused the people creating them to not realize that the compressed files were useless.
The data that was used to create it was all on their PC already in a temp file, so when they used that image to create a disc, it worked fine for them.
But, for everyone else, the ISO's were useless.

Excessive compression can cause loss of detail, and when you go to far, it can break things...

Last edited:
  • Wow

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
It's in testing - whether that means we'll get it or not.. who knows. Based on history, I'm inclined to think we will.

hope a big one is coming soon, 17 was like... 8 or 9 months ago now? And objectively speaking, it really didn't add a TON of net new content, the majority of it was remakes.
It was a while since the last update -- since then, Runey has been sick - father died - moved trans-continentally. That tends to slow things down. It's being worked on, but we don't have an immediate ETA.

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
Excessive compression can cause loss of detail, and when you go to far, it can break things...
Now go one further and explain how later official ISOs had full installs of all of the major flavors of a Windows OS on it, and when you tried to manually copy out the DVD you got about 30+ gigs off it, fully usable. Yes, I know what they did (basics anyway). And to those that don't, no. The same trick can't be applied here.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shitass1001

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Now go one further and explain how later official ISOs had full installs of all of the major flavors of a Windows OS on it, and when you tried to manually copy out the DVD you got about 30+ gigs off it, fully usable. Yes, I know what they did (basics anyway). And to those that don't, no. The same trick can't be applied here.
Different versions of windows had many shared files, which drastically reduced the amount of space needed on the disc.

It has been years since I last dealt with one of those discs.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 454 Votes