DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
goddammit you son of a bitch, you tricked me. Lured me in with tits and ass into reading your microfiction with its compelling characters and inventive setting...
Runey is evil like that.
He acts innocent, but in reality, he is evil.
But, in the best possible way.
Just wait until the head pat addiction kicks in.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
Different versions of windows had many shared files, which drastically reduced the amount of space needed on the disc.
It has been years since I last dealt with one of those discs.
Yeap. The joy of symbolic linking. I really should look into that more as I think Windows allows for it rather than those dorky shortcuts. But I've avoided 11 now for some time. Going to have to look at that soon though. Haven't thought about that in some time.

DioDanika

Oct 4, 2017
hope a big one is coming soon, 17 was like... 8 or 9 months ago now? And objectively speaking, it really didn't add a TON of net new content, the majority of it was remakes.
I answered someone else about a month ago expecting it to be a month. Runey responded super defensive and said two weeks. No updates since, even to beta builds, so it could be a minute.

f45450

Oct 21, 2021
Yeap. The joy of symbolic linking. I really should look into that more as I think Windows allows for it rather than those dorky shortcuts. But I've avoided 11 now for some time. Going to have to look at that soon though. Haven't thought about that in some time.
LZX in 10 was one of best inventions of mankind (right behind the wheel). But Renpy games mostly give 100 MB of profit, even those with loose files instead of archive. I guess either devs learned to make compressed assets, either renpy does it.
But on poorly optimised pngs or uncompressed unity games, you can see size reduced up to 50%. One unity game became 6.4 gigs from 23.5 :oops:

Speaking of HH, last update has like 2500 images. Each is webp hence 0.5 meg, pretty good for full HD. And full HD is a reasonable minimum in 2020s (imo of course).
The only option would be either go for grainy-grainy or split the game.
Though since each update seems to be organized to separate image archive, maybe we could get "update only" option.

Last edited:
Reactions: DigDug69

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
LZX in 10 was one of best inventions of mankind (right behind the wheel). But Renpy games mostly give 100 MB of profit, even those with loose files instead of archive. I guess either devs learned to make compressed assets, either renpy does it.
But on poorly optimised pngs or uncompressed unity games, you can see size reduced up to 50%. One unity game became 6.4 gigs from 23.5 :oops:

Speaking of HH, last update has like 2500 images. Each is webp hence 0.5 meg, pretty good for full HD. And full HD is a reasonable minimum in 2020s (imo of course).
The only option would be either go for grainy-grainy or split the game.
Though since each update seems to be organized to separate image archive, maybe we could get "update only" option.
With Harem Hotel being a sandbox environment, splitting up the game would not be an option, since you would still need to have access to the older content.

Reactions: TheDevian

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
So this games future is looking bleak. Sad, a good game. I get the dev had family issues. But business is business.
This game is approaching Summertime Saga level delays.
I'm pretty sure the next version is already available in beta phase. And has been for quite some weeks.

Months actually:
1708269833149.png

The point being, it's being worked on.

4.70 star(s) 454 Votes