shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
She could also just end up in the room with the other elves.
Are we referring specifically to Ms.Ren or just the "next" girl? Would seem kinda odd to put a "main" girl in the Sanctuary when all the others have a main room and we have a room available. And I don't consider Nia/Sylvia as main girls (sorry girls:( ). Not sure if they're classified as side-girls or not, but until Runey develops them further, they're certainly handled differently.

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
I misread the question that I originally answered, so that's my bad. Ya, that would make sense for Ms.Ren to go there. (my drunken head for some reason thought next main girl and ignored the actual question, my mistake)
Considering Ashley gives off a Yuno Gasai vibe from Future Dairy I'd just find a bigger room and put her with Ashley.

As I wouldn't want to wake up to this:

• Hey there
Reactions: TheDevian

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
Ya... ya, that's..., can I just give her and Ms.Ren some plane tickets to leave town? I'm sure the fairies can pay rent...
Yeah you could do that.......but make sure you have tranquilizer gun loaded with a dart that can knockout a horse and a triple strength straitjacket just in case. Cause if Ashley goes Kurumi you're fucked.

*Edit* And yes I pretty know the names of most of the psycho girls in anime.

Last edited:
  • Haha

flynn1986

Dec 4, 2022
wait… is the assumption that it’ll take to 2069 because it’s currently version 0.18, and it will need 82 more updates to roll over to 1.00?
At the rate this game is going, yes. It's unfortunate that Runey lost their dad and everyone would have taken time for that, it's completely understandable, but if you look at the raw facts, the game has been developed for close to 6 years now and has had 18 major updates? I mean... how many other amazing games with roughly the same amount or more of content have been developed and finished in that time frame using both Honey Select and Ren'py? Everyone's method of work is yeah, and at least it's nowhere as horrible as Summertime Saga sure, but that 2069 window for the final complete version doesn't seem like too far of a stretch realistically at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: BebopPiggo

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
At the rate this game is going, yes. It's unfortunate that Runey lost their dad and everyone would have taken time for that, it's completely understandable, but if you look at the raw facts, the game has been developed for close to 6 years now and has had 18 major updates? I mean... how many other amazing games with roughly the same amount or more of content have been developed and finished in that time frame using both Honey Select and Ren'py? Everyone's method of work is yeah, and at least it's nowhere as horrible as Summertime Saga sure, but that 2069 window for the final complete version doesn't seem like too far of a stretch realistically at this point.
Just how many more updates are you basing your assumption on?

Runey, a while back said that there would be 4 or 5 more updates for Harem Hotel.
Except for this year, because of the loss of his father, there has been an average of 2 to 3 updates per year.
If we assume the greater number of updates left to go, plus throw in one more, just in case, and a return to the 2 to 3 updates per year, then Harem Hotel will be completed in about 2 to 3 years, at the most.
Even if there were another year or two with only one update, then it would still be completed in 5 years, or less.

If you are so upset about the slow release times for the solo project that is Harem Hotel, I suggest that you play some of the other large games that you referred to instead.

Most games have development teams, so their ability to create releases faster, sound like they would be a better match for you.
One person doing the graphics, and possibly another person doing the animation work, and if you don't already know this, graphics and animations take a long time to render. And that ties up a lot of a PC's processing power, even with a high end graphics card.
One person writing the story.
One person doing the code that ties everything together.
Then you have to factor in the time to test everything, and fix bugs found.
Runey does not have a team doing that for him, unlike 99% of the game creators on F95 who work as a team to create the games and visual novels.

Last edited:

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
Just how many more updates are you basing your assumption on?
Probably based on "studios" with 20+ developers all working on the same title compared to that of a singular person or small group who may or may not be doing it full time if not 60+ hours a week when you consider how incorporated studios abuse the workforce.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
None of that remotely answers the question I asked. Are you thinking it’s necessary for 82 more updates to get to a release version 1.0?

I’m trying to judge development comprehension, but your lack of reading comprehension is interfering.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
None of that remotely answers the question I asked. Are you thinking it’s necessary for 82 more updates to get to a release version 1.0?

I’m trying to judge development comprehension, but your lack of reading comprehension is interfering.
Aside from you being a dick - version numbers dont function that way. The next version can be named whatever (even 1.0) and the game can still not be completed.

Reactions: KristopheH

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Aside from you being a dick - version numbers dont function that way. The next version can be named whatever (even 1.0) and the game can still not be completed.
That is true, there are version 1.01 games out there, but 1.00 is what the vast majority of the games on here use for a completed game.
There is no rule that says that devs need to do that, but it is the most common version number for a fully completed game.

Not sure why you chose to attack Perniciousducks like that, because he asked a legitimate question, and never got an answer to it.
Which is why I asked " Just how many more updates are you basing your assumption on? "
Since it was pretty obvious that the person had to be assuming an insane number of future updates, with their posted assumption of when the game would be finished.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
That is true, there are version 1.01 games out there, but 1.00 is what the vast majority of the games on here use for a completed game.
There is no rule that says that devs need to do that, but it is the most common version number for a fully completed game.
While this is true, there are quite a bunch of examples where it differs.

Also, even if 1.0 is completed, a version can jump. So in theory, the next Update can be 1.0 and completed, even if this Update is just 0.18.

Not sure why you chose to attack Perniciousducks like that, because he asked a legitimate question, and never got an answer to it.
Which is why I asked " Just how many more updates are you basing your assumption on? "
Since it was pretty obvious that the person had to be assuming an insane number of future updates, with their posted assumption of when the game would be finished.
Well, they were not really nice in their reply. And if someone writes like a dick they should not be unhappy to be called a dick.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
While this is true, there are quite a bunch of examples where it differs.

Also, even if 1.0 is completed, a version can jump. So in theory, the next Update can be 1.0 and completed, even if this Update is just 0.18.

Well, they were not really nice in their reply. And if someone writes like a dick they should not be unhappy to be called a dick.
If his comment offended you, be warned, because F95zone has people who made his comments look like something written by mother Theresa.
The person that he was responding too has made numerous posts here complaining about the wait time between releases, so with such people, tempers get short, and comments tend to grow to be more harsh.

• Haha

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I am well aware that is how it works, that was the question I was asking the person who thinks that *because* we are only at update 0.18, that this game will not be finished until 2069 (or whatever ridiculous date he chose). Perhaps instead of jumping into insult someone, read the conversation they're having and don't make baseless assumptions that just make you look only like an (as you self described) asshole without contributing.

4.70 star(s) 454 Votes