Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
I am well aware that is how it works, that was the question I was asking the person who thinks that *because* we are only at update 0.18, that this game will not be finished until 2069 (or whatever ridiculous date he chose). Perhaps instead of jumping into insult someone, read the conversation they're having and don't make baseless assumptions that just make you look only like an (as you self described) asshole without contributing.
Does not change the fact that you were rude in your reply.

EDIT: But I wont add more Off-Topic to this.

TamreeFugar

May 14, 2021
If only people would stop and read Runey's dev logs especially his opening statements you would clearly see that he is nowhere near completing this game. He literally has sooo many ideas how he wants to convey to us the audience that he has stated that this VN is far from being completed. I for one Can't wait to see where his Imagination/Beliefs take us to.:love:

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
And here we have the perfect example of why I went from using numbers to symbols for Imouto Fantasy's translation... idiots that thought 0.1/2/3/4 etc meant 10/20/30/40 % complete.

until Runey says it's complete, it's not over.

Heck, Runey could call the next update the last one, ending things on a cliffhanger(s) and start working on a Harem Hotel 2.
I believe we call such things "Dev's Will" or "Word of God" or even "It's my project, I'll do it however I want"

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm finally back home. I had to travel A LOT and spend a long time in America away from my PC to handle legal issues with my father's estate (since he passed a few months ago and I live in Europe now). I didn't even expect to go on this trip until a few days before, I was forced to because my 90 days in Europe ended in early Feb and reset mid Feb. I am also in the process of getting a visa so that's taking a lot of my time as well. I also got really sick on the day before I got home but the worst of it seems to have lasted only one day and I'm already feeling better. I want to go back to work ASAP, but my mother in law is visiting for a week, so it's going to be hard to find time to work on HH in private :HideThePain: As I've been saying, my life has been very chaotic since last summer (good and bad) and finding time to work has been really tough, so I really appreciate everyone's patience.

I very briefly skimmed through the last page, I want to say that I have no clue how many updates there will be until HH is over, but I don't think that matters at all. No one should rush to finish a project, it just doesn't make sense. If you love a product you typically don't want it to end. After all you don't see people saying "Ugh, it's been 25 years and One Piece still isn't over." Instead people typically dread the day it will end out of love. It's strange, this is the only place I've ever seen where some people get upset that a product isn't quickly ended, but maybe that's PTSD from the vast amount of incomplete projects here. I fully intend to end HH and move on to new things.

T4t0rt

Feb 22, 2023
Hello everyone, I'm finally back home. I had to travel A LOT and spend a long time in America away from my PC to handle legal issues with my father's estate (since he passed a few months ago and I live in Europe now). I didn't even expect to go on this trip until a few days before, I was forced to because my 90 days in Europe ended in early Feb and reset mid Feb. I am also in the process of getting a visa so that's taking a lot of my time as well. I also got really sick on the day before I got home but the worst of it seems to have lasted only one day and I'm already feeling better. I want to go back to work ASAP, but my mother in law is visiting for a week, so it's going to be hard to find time to work on HH in private :HideThePain: As I've been saying, my life has been very chaotic since last summer (good and bad) and finding time to work has been really tough, so I really appreciate everyone's patience.

I very briefly skimmed through the last page, I want to say that I have no clue how many updates there will be until HH is over, but I don't think that matters at all. No one should rush to finish a project, it just doesn't make sense. If you love a product you typically don't want it to end. After all you don't see people saying "Ugh, it's been 25 years and One Piece still isn't over." Instead people typically dread the day it will end out of love. It's strange, this is the only place I've ever seen where some people get upset that a product isn't quickly ended, but maybe that's PTSD from the vast amount of incomplete projects here. I fully intend to end HH and move on to new things.
Welcome back, Boss.

thememeguy123

Nov 19, 2023

godspeed

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself, Bud.

However you decide to run it, I am thrilled to be along for the ride. Thanks for all the fun, past, present, and future. ;)

TamreeFugar

May 14, 2021
Sooo Happy that you are back Runey, But remember what I said before 1) Health First (that includes Mental Health) 2) this project and everything else 2nd. I love your style of writing and hope to see a lot more of it. Peace my friend! :love:

P.S. Like so many others I came for the fap, but ending up loving the story.

Last edited:

nigurandayoSmokey

Feb 17, 2020

*hugs* lots of love i hope things go well

so glad you are back

Reactions: Logan1377

Lambert911

Apr 25, 2018
So, I just saw Dark Magic getting the "abandoned" tag. I'll be deeply disappointed if this and Mythic Manor gets that tag too

Lambert911

Apr 25, 2018
Also, welcome back Runey! We are greatful for this project of yours but if you feel like you need a break, please do so. Taking care of yourself first is more important than getting burnt out

Lambert911

Apr 25, 2018
The tag is not really relevant, and had no barring on the game's actual status.
Any game with a long enough development cycle will get it, even if they are still actively working on it.
I really hope that's the case since that game really takes a long time to update too. Oh well, we'll see in the near future if it really gets abandoned or if it still gets updated

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I really hope that's the case since that game really takes a long time to update too. Oh well, we'll see in the near future if it really gets abandoned or if it still gets updated
Depends on the game, every dev is different, but the only way to know for sure, is to talk to them, maybe on their discord or something.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lambert911

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
So, I just saw Dark Magic getting the "abandoned" tag. I'll be deeply disappointed if this and Mythic Manor gets that tag too
The tag is not really relevant, and has no barring on the game's actual status.
Any game with a long enough development cycle will get it, even if they are still actively working on it.
It also depends on the whims of the staff here too.
One of the games here I used to play comes to mind for years the dev did 2-3 updates every month. But the moment they announced they would be away for a couple of months to deal with a family crisis, people went ape shit and 3 days later started calling the dev a milker, scammer and <insert every other entitled asshole comment here>. Then staff marked it as abandoned 3 weeks later. The dev for that game got so exasperated after that, so they left and hasn't been back and I don't blame them.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It also depends on the whims of the staff here too.
One of the games here I used to play comes to mind for years the dev did 2-3 updates every month. But the moment they announced they would be away for a couple of months to deal with a family crisis, people went ape shit and 3 days later started calling the dev a milker, scammer and <insert every other entitled asshole comment here>. Then staff marked it as abandoned 3 weeks later. The dev for that game got so exasperated after that, so they left and hasn't been back and I don't blame them.
The rules changed over covid, but yeah, it can be pretty arbitrary at times.

Reactions: c3p0
4.70 star(s) 454 Votes