vastrolord627

Sep 20, 2018
i dont know if someone already mentioned something like this or if you already made plans around it but you could always have a scene that has the MC taking her out to get her this outfit to replace an old version or just to "update" her wardrobe when she shows up at the hotel if you dont wanna just paste it over the old outfit in the scenes that way you can kinda make it match her characters personality a bit due to her infatuation with the MC making her want to wear something he got for her as a gift or something.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
He may very well be a skilled enough animator and programmer to have custom made those animations.
Runey stated himself that he doesn't make custom animations. Honey Select is extremely difficult to handle in this regard.

So what is everyone else's style of play? Me, I am very noble despite the genre of game and all the sex. I have only done the dungeon once, with Lin, and only because I accidentally clicked it and found Lin down there exploring it and seemed curious enough to want to try it out. I don't want submissive girlfriends, I want them to have a mind of their own. I do not do anything without it being CLEARLY consensual, like when Android hinted at wanting anal but I turned it down. Of course, your character is a tad more forceful than I like at times, he can be pushy when it comes to exhib stuff. Then again, without that push, the girls would probably never go that far, so the main character makes the right call on that. I also tend to not make to first move or even the 10th move, I didn't start actually asking for sexual favors until I was at a fairly high slut stat for them from the girls coming onto ME, as I didn't start doing so until they made it clear they want it and want it often. Also, I do not ask for sexual favors for doing nice stuff. Like, I only asked Kali to flash me after she delivered pizza until after the first time when she was clearly disappointed that I didn't ask the first time.

Although, I do SOMETIMES get underhanded, and only when others want me to. Like doing any of Maria's... Tasks. Mostly involving getting other girls naked or snooping in their rooms, I went along with it only because it's what she wanted. And Lin, as is obvious from me freeing her, I treat extremely well and never ever force her to do anything outside of exhib stuff or lowering boundaries. Taking her panties off and having her clean my room is one thing, but spanking? Hell no, not ever, ever ever, no. And I even went easy on her early on when she burnt food, anything that was only slightly burnt had me tell her it was great. Like, for my character, it actually makes sense why she becomes so attached to him beyond just merely being submissive. He really does treat her like a precious treasure, and I'd like to think he'd go ballistic if anyone actually hurt her. Ironic considering she became just as loved as Lin for me, but Ashley's antagonism with Lin early on had me not liking her too much for a while. Thankfully, she came around and started treating Lin really sweetly and basically became Best Friends Forever with her.

But yeah, anyone want to do a paragraph or two on their playstyle? Aggressive, soft, literally try to mind break them into basically being mindless fuck machines, harem of True Love like I am building?
I'm also on the soft route most of the time and initially I free'd Lin too, but when I noticed that she didin't want to be free (or let's say she didn't want to leave me) I backed up^^
I was a bit more "aggressive" with Ashley and Filicity though, but it all depends on the character/personality.

Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
I hate to be that guy but this game was really good up until the last lin scenes with that whole slaver contest. Personally from cuckoldry of your future harem by creeps, to having to treat Lin like a whore in front of them, to watching all those poor elves just get mercilessly abused as MC does nothing, it really left an extreme sour taste in my mouth in so many ways. I ended up going from incredibly impressed to closing it with the feeling of not wanting to play the game again in a matter of minutes.

Not trying to judge those that liked that dark stuff but that can be pretty offputting to many, especially given how lighthearted most of the game is. Also defeats the purpose of exhibitionism being (mostly) optional when much more extreme stuff like that is mandatory. I really hope there will be a way to circumvent the whole thing before it comes to any of... that. Not after.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
So what is everyone else's style of play?
I'm the personificated nice guy... ...kinda. I've never spanked a maid, when I'm in the dungeon and get to a point where I'd have to punish a girl I rollback and let her come instead and so on. But I'm very protective of my harem as well, so when Maria started trying to do stuff to/with my(!) girls behind my back I interfered.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
I hate to be that guy but this game was really good up until the last lin scenes with that whole slaver contest. Personally from cuckoldry of your future harem by creeps, to treating lin like a whore in front of everyone, to watching all those poor elves just get mercilessly abused as you do nothing, it really left an extreme sour taste in mouth in so many ways. To the point where I closed it and feel like I don't want to play the game again for a long while.

Not trying to judge those that liked it but that's some dark offputting shit to many. I really hope there will be a way to circumvent the whole thing before it comes to any of... that. Not after.
The way I see it that won't be possible in a reasonable manner since that event kicks off some further stuff in the story and the girls involved need to know you somehow. And try to see it this way:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
The way I see it that won't be possible in a reasonable manner since that event kicks off some further stuff in the story and the girls involved need to know you somehow. And try to see it this way:
Oh I get the parallel, but all in all it seems like the game went from lighthearted often funny harem hotel to a darker spike lee mixed with sexual abuse type affair. With things like exhibitionism being made optional, it seems having to be thrust into a really screwed up abuse orgy with a bunch of assholes as you watch many future harem members get fucked against their will. The game was doing social commentary fine before without going that far imo.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
It is possible, there has been a heated discussion about this in the past and several people already mentioned some good solutions for this.
As far as I remember Runey was also thinking about a way to change this event because there are a lot people (including me) not liking it or the way it's handled.

Reactions: Tehemai

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I hate to be that guy but this game was really good up until the last lin scenes with that whole slaver contest. Personally from cuckoldry of your future harem by creeps, to having to treat Lin like a whore in front of them, to watching all those poor elves just get mercilessly abused as MC does nothing, it really left an extreme sour taste in my mouth in so many ways. I ended up going from incredibly impressed to closing it with the feeling of not wanting to play the game again in a matter of minutes.

Not trying to judge those that liked that dark stuff but that can be pretty offputting to many, especially given how lighthearted most of the game is. Also defeats the purpose of exhibitionism being (mostly) optional when much more extreme stuff like that is mandatory. I really hope there will be a way to circumvent the whole thing before it comes to any of... that. Not after.
The only thing I would like to add is that it's not really cuckholdery. Those Elves aren't apart of the harem, nor will they ever be. They're side characters. They will get content, but only the main girls will be apart of the harem. Although I guess you could say they could be apart of the 'extended' harem.

If you haven't yet, play through Lin's next event. If you don't want to, I'll spoil it here, and maybe it'll be better for you.

And of course, Lin wanted the orgy. She had something to prove, and so did the MC. That being that treating Elves with love, and care is the right way to do things. Lin especially wanted to prove that because she wants all Elves to be free. (And she enjoys sex, of course)

The event's main idea was to show the player more of what this world is like, and to get you to dislike the system. If you win the competition, Cornwall starts leaning on the way to your side. That being treating Elves more like humans than animals.

edit: I hope I'm not coming off as an asshole here, haha. I know some people don't like that event, and that's fine. But I believe it's a very good way to expand the lore and show you more of the world.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
The only thing I would like to add is that it's not really cuckholdery. Those Elves aren't apart of the harem, nor will they ever be. They're side characters. They will get content, but only the main girls will be apart of the harem. Although I guess you could say they could be apart of the 'extended' harem.

If you haven't yet, play through Lin's next event. If you don't want to, I'll spoil it here, and maybe it'll be better for you.

And of course, Lin wanted the orgy. She had something to prove, and so did the MC. That being that treating Elves with love, and care is the right way to do things. Lin especially wanted to prove that because she wants all Elves to be free. (And she enjoys sex, of course)

The event's main idea was to show the player more of what this world is like, and to get you to dislike the system. If you win the competition, Cornwall starts leaning on the way to your side. That being treating Elves more like humans than animals.
Yea I did quickly run through it to see if there was any saving grace in there. Unfortunately, it really doesn't do much to alleviate as the whole event was just too fucked up. Saving them after the fact doesn't really change what transpired there. Furthermore, even if you make it so Lin accepts being treated like that (even at 0 exhibition), it doesn't necessarily mean the player wants to treat her like a prize screw pig to show off to a bunch of abusers. I bet the first instinct of a lot of people was to just choose the punch Cornwall option to stop the whole series of events in its tracks.

I also understand it can be argued that it is not technically cuckoldry but it certainly does evoke the same feelings given you already met one of em and you kinda figure they're gonna be part of the (extended) harem which quickly proves correct. Throughout the game, there's options if there is that type of stuff you don't want to do like say Kali on the guy's porch. Forcing such a far worse scenario without an alternative is kinda brutal and made all those choices seem meaningless.

Personally I think you got that message across on how bad the slavery is quite sufficiently with how screwed up Jin is after she shows up. I thought the game was working great as a lighthearted and zaney adventure with just hints of darker undertones with optional sharing fetishes like exhibitionism. Totally cool if that's the way you want to take but the way the game turns from events like quirky robot tricking a naive puritan into "curing" erections to dark abuse orgies just isn't my cup of tea.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Yea I did quickly run through it to see if there was any saving grace in there. Unfortunately, it really doesn't do much to alleviate as the whole event was just too fucked up. Saving them after the fact doesn't really change what transpired there. Furthermore, even if you make it so Lin accepts being treated like that, it doesn't necessarily mean the player wants to treat her like a prize screw pig to show off to a bunch of abusers. I bet the first instinct of a lot of people was to just choose the punch Cornwall option to stop the whole series of events in its tracks.

I also understand it can be argued that it is not technically cuckoldry but it certainly does evoke the same feelings given you already met one of em and you kinda figure they're gonna be part of the (extended) harem which quickly proves correct. Throughout the game, there's options if there is that type of stuff you don't want to do like say Kali on the guy's porch. Forcing such a far worse scenario without an alternative is kinda brutal and made all those choices seem meaningless.

Personally I think you got that message across on how bad the slavery is quite sufficiently with how screwed up Jin is after she shows up. I thought the game was working great as a lighthearted and zaney adventure with just hints of darker undertones with optional sharing fetishes like exhibitionism. Totally cool if that's the way you want to take but the way the game turns from events like quirky robot tricking puritan into "curing" erections to dark abuse orgies just isn't my cup of tea.
I'm heading to bed now, but do you have any suggestions on what I could replace it with? Or perhaps just an "ignore the message" button? This would of course skip Lin's event after that. But that would likely be all.

If you have any suggestions, and I would like to implement something in place of that event, I would love to hear them.

edit: I could probably make the "Punch Cornwall" button do what it's actually meant to do, which will later effect these two events (making them never pop up), but they would most likely need to be replaced.

Reactions: TheDevian

RemiliaScarlett

Aug 18, 2018
android need a chunibyo reference (the evil sealed in my eye can destroy the eaaaaaaarth !!!) or something,
or maybe a vampire costume/module (that would fit right with red eyes/white hair)

i feel the dudes that want to be an ally of justice, but it doesn't always work that way though, if you punch cornwall and free lin, OH BOY YOU GONNA HAVE TROUBLE.

You should be able to refuse cornwall's challenge though, maybe he and his friends will instead visit you hotel and just see Lin doing chores and working much better than what they expected fom an elf (+ seeing her giving you a kiss or something on her own accord showing that a loving humane relationship is better than a simple obedient slave as she can even take initiative to help you and love you and stuff)

Reactions: jaydem and Tehemai

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
I'm heading to bed now, but do you have any suggestions on what I could replace it with? Or perhaps just an "ignore the message" button? This would of course skip Lin's event after that. But that would likely be all.

If you have any suggestions, and I would like to implement something in place of that event, I would love to hear them.
Hard to say given I do not know the full extent of your planned script. Honestly though that would be better than nothing but I would really consider possibly changing the direction a bit while you're still working near those events. Maybe even put that scene in the VR device and take the story somewhere a bit less heavy. Either that or make a shorter lin non-exhibitionist route where you just punch the guy and only see her less dark events from then on (while slaves are purchased as normal).

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018

edit: I could probably make the "Punch Cornwall" button do what it's actually meant to do, which will later effect these two events (making them never pop up), but they would most likely need to be replaced.
So many people posted different solutions and approaches on this already...
Honestly I wouldn't even mind just skipping the whole thing by now.

You should be able to refuse cornwall's challenge though, maybe he and his friends will instead visit you hotel and just see Lin doing chores and working much better than what they expected fom an elf (+ seeing her giving you a kiss or something on her own accord showing that a loving humane relationship is better than a simple obedient slave as she can even take initiative to help you and love you and stuff)
That would be another possible and good enough solution. Let them visit with their slaves and you'll also have a reason for them to want to leave their masters.

Reactions: Tehemai and jaydem
Oct 24, 2018
Hey Runey, just wanted to let you know you rock and your project rocks. Is Patreon still acting like they have a stick up their asses?

Reactions: Runey

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I won't be doing two renders, I'll just be replacing all of the images with Ashley's school uniform with the new outfit. It would be too much work to do it with both outfits.
Oh, I guess I misread what you said; I thought you said recently that the original outfit would be behind the "truestory" code. Would it really be that much extra work though? I understand that having alternative appearances for all the girls would quickly grow your workload exponentially, but just the one shouldn't be all that much extra work. Normally you wouldn't want to add a variant for just one girl, but in this instance it's being forced upon you externally. Not that I'm complaining if you don't want to do that though; I think that new outfit looks a bit nicer than her old one anyway, which is why I asked.
So what is everyone else's style of play? Me, I am very noble despite the genre of game and all the sex. I have only done the dungeon once, with Lin, and only because I accidentally clicked it and found Lin down there exploring it and seemed curious enough to want to try it out. I don't want submissive girlfriends, I want them to have a mind of their own. I do not do anything without it being CLEARLY consensual, like when Android hinted at wanting anal but I turned it down. Of course, your character is a tad more forceful than I like at times, he can be pushy when it comes to exhib stuff. Then again, without that push, the girls would probably never go that far, so the main character makes the right call on that. I also tend to not make to first move or even the 10th move, I didn't start actually asking for sexual favors until I was at a fairly high slut stat for them from the girls coming onto ME, as I didn't start doing so until they made it clear they want it and want it often. Also, I do not ask for sexual favors for doing nice stuff. Like, I only asked Kali to flash me after she delivered pizza until after the first time when she was clearly disappointed that I didn't ask the first time.
I'm fairly similar, except that I like getting rough when the girls clearly like it (Kali's "forced" scenes are some of my favourites), including the exhibition and the dungeon (they're acceptable because MC doesn't try to force them if they say no, although I do wish the exit from each dungeon scene was more tender). I don't see that the girls being submissive means they don't have a mind of their own, particularly with girls who are clearly submissive even outside of the dungeon like Kali and Emma. Given what you've said, I'm curious to know how you found Autumn's most recent scenes, did you dislike them as much as I did?
It is possible, there has been a heated discussion about this in the past and several people already mentioned some good solutions for this.
As far as I remember Runey was also thinking about a way to change this event because there are a lot people (including me) not liking it or the way it's handled.
I'd like to think you considered my solution to be one of the good ones, because I have a fragile ego :p.
Actually, it occurs to me that I only posted my suggestion in a spoiler, because it involved items from 0.6 and it was still in beta. That's probably why nobody commented on it at the time. I'm curious what everyone thinks of it, or if they have any suggestions to fill in the gaps as it isn't 100% comprehensive.
  • I would restore the ability to walk away in Lin's shopping scene like you could in 0.4. (possibly with a warning that it's a major decision that will affect future events)
  • If you do this, the slaver simply thinks to himself "What a strange young man. Oh well, it's his elf." and doesn't give you another thought.
  • This leaves Lin's two event slots from 0.5 empty (you want the same number of events so after the branches reunite the friendship number is consistent), and requires MC being introduced to the elves in some other manner.
  • This is what I'm not 100% on, how to introduce the elves in another context. One idea I had was for MC to take Lin out on a date, and for them to have a really cute time with laughing and kissing, and for Sylvia and/or the other elves to witness this.
  • Or possibly Sylvia tries to get Lin to leave again and MC tells her off, saying that he's not holding her, if she wants to leave he won't stop her but he's not letting anyone take her against her will. (I'll admit, I wanted to say that to her the first time we met her, this suggestion is something of a wish fulfilment)
  • Then Lin's event in 0.6 could go ahead pretty much the same, with just some minor dialog tweaks to reflect that there was no contest.

4.70 star(s) 454 Votes