Wolf98

Donor
Feb 2, 2018
Is Patreon still acting like they have a stick up their asses?
More or less. But least he didn't get banned or need to remove Ashley.
TL.DR is her school girl outfit will be swapped. You can skim the last 5 or so pages and read about it if you'd like.

Edit: IDK why I can't get the damn spoiler button to link a image but here's a screenshot of their reply:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Oh, I guess I misread what you said; I thought you said recently that the original outfit would be behind the "truestory" code. Would it really be that much extra work though? I understand that having alternative appearances for all the girls would quickly grow your workload exponentially, but just the one shouldn't be all that much extra work. Normally you wouldn't want to add a variant for just one girl, but in this instance it's being forced upon you externally. Not that I'm complaining if you don't want to do that though; I think that new outfit looks a bit nicer than her old one anyway, which is why I asked.

I'm fairly similar, except that I like getting rough when the girls clearly like it (Kali's "forced" scenes are some of my favourites), including the exhibition and the dungeon (they're acceptable because MC doesn't try to force them if they say no, although I do wish the exit from each dungeon scene was more tender). I don't see that the girls being submissive means they don't have a mind of their own, particularly with girls who are clearly submissive even outside of the dungeon like Kali and Emma. Given what you've said, I'm curious to know how you found Autumn's most recent scenes, did you dislike them as much as I did?

I'd like to think you considered my solution to be one of the good ones, because I have a fragile ego :p.
Actually, it occurs to me that I only posted my suggestion in a spoiler, because it involved items from 0.6 and it was still in beta. That's probably why nobody commented on it at the time. I'm curious what everyone thinks of it, or if they have any suggestions to fill in the gaps as it isn't 100% comprehensive.
  • I would restore the ability to walk away in Lin's shopping scene like you could in 0.4. (possibly with a warning that it's a major decision that will affect future events)
  • If you do this, the slaver simply thinks to himself "What a strange young man. Oh well, it's his elf." and doesn't give you another thought.
  • This leaves Lin's two event slots from 0.5 empty (you want the same number of events so after the branches reunite the friendship number is consistent), and requires MC being introduced to the elves in some other manner.
  • This is what I'm not 100% on, how to introduce the elves in another context. One idea I had was for MC to take Lin out on a date, and for them to have a really cute time with laughing and kissing, and for Sylvia and/or the other elves to witness this.
  • Or possibly Sylvia tries to get Lin to leave again and MC tells her off, saying that he's not holding her, if she wants to leave he won't stop her but he's not letting anyone take her against her will. (I'll admit, I wanted to say that to her the first time we met her, this suggestion is something of a wish fulfilment)
  • Then Lin's event in 0.6 could go ahead pretty much the same, with just some minor dialog tweaks to reflect that there was no contest.
Another good solution and yes I didn't read it at the time because I was waiting for 0.6^^ (y)

To make it easier you could also let the other slavers have a meeting for their "who's the best slaver" thing without the mc and let them randomly choose the hotel as their meeting spot, unknowingly that the mc is the owner. Cornwall: "Oh, aren't you the guy I met in the city? ...and there is your slave too!".
At this point he could even try to convince the mc to participate again, but again with the option to skip.

vastrolord627

Sep 20, 2018
Hey Runey, just wanted to let you know you rock and your project rocks. Is Patreon still acting like they have a stick up their asses?

they have given him a way to fix the situation and while not to the main crowds enjoyment its something that wont be hard to fix thankfully.

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
So I guess I didn't see all the content, because I didn't see this slave auction that everyone is talking about.

Jan 28, 2018
I gotta agree with the sentiment I don't like the elf events. From a logical standpoint the punch Cornwall option would be a terrible way to skip it, since it would probably end up with our MC in jail. I just want a way to not have it be mandatory, not my cup of tea.

geemergary

Aug 12, 2017
I'm heading to bed now, but do you have any suggestions on what I could replace it with? Or perhaps just an "ignore the message" button? This would of course skip Lin's event after that. But that would likely be all.

If you have any suggestions, and I would like to implement something in place of that event, I would love to hear them.

edit: I could probably make the "Punch Cornwall" button do what it's actually meant to do, which will later effect these two events (making them never pop up), but they would most likely need to be replaced.
It's been awhile since I played through these events so I don't remember them all that well. One thing I recall though, is that for a lot of Lin's events I only understood everyone's motivations (Lin's and Cornwall's mostly) after coming here and reading your responses to people's comments in this thread.

I like that the direction of the story is going towards helping improve elves' lot in the world. If there were a split path I'm not sure I'd pick the "best" option. I, like others, initially freed Lin until she pleaded for me to not do so, so I backed up and kept her. I still had no idea why it was so significant to her until Runey explained it here.

What I'm getting at is this: if we have larger decisions to make regarding Lin's story, please do a good job of letting us know what the significance of our decisions are before we make them. As suggested, I don't feel like the game has done a great job of filling us in on the significance of our more limited decisions regarding Lin's story until way after we make our decisions if at all.

Reactions: c3p0 and recreation

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
I think he was introduced in 0.4 or 0.5. You need to go out with Lin for this encounter to happen.
But I have. I have taken her out on a million affection things, and exhib things, and everything else I can think of. I haven't seen the in-game "talk" button on her door in a couple of in-game weeks now.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
To make it easier you could also let the other slavers have a meeting for their "who's the best slaver" thing without the mc and let them randomly choose the hotel as their meeting spot, unknowingly that the mc is the owner. Cornwall: "Oh, aren't you the guy I met in the city? ...and there is your slave too!".
At this point he could even try to convince the mc to participate again, but again with the option to skip.
That doesn't sound like a good solution to me, if the point of an alternative route is to avoid having anything to do with him and his friends, having them requisition your hotel is hardly a solution!
Well, I mean that I did not ever even ENCOUNTER this Cornwall guy. At all. Certainly not with Lin either.
What is Lin's friendship? You get that event by "Talk"ing to her at friendship 21.

Reactions: Tehemai and Runey

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
That doesn't sound like a good solution to me, if the point of an alternative route is to avoid having anything to do with him and his friends, having them requisition your hotel is hardly a solution!

What is Lin's friendship? You get that event by "Talk"ing to her at friendship 21.
Just checked, she is AT 21 right now.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Posts sure do come in fast here.

I won't be doing two renders, I'll just be replacing all of the images with Ashley's school uniform with the new outfit. It would be too much work to do it with both outfits.

A mod could be made to restore Ashley's old outfit, but then it'll disappear in her v0.7 events, as no content for the old uniform will be made.
See, I was thinking before something like keeping the old images in-game and only having them appear when truestory is used with Ashley otherwise spending all her time in the new outfit, then have 0.7 fully switch her to the new outfit. She could have a comment about buying new clothes in the truestory version. So it would be something like

with truestory
intro through 0.6 in original outfit, comment about buying new outfit, 0.7 and forward in new outfit

without truestory
whole game in new outfit

I don't know how hard it would be to do, though, since I don't know how Ren'Py works.

edit - looks like vastrolord already suggested this

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Yeah I know, but I wanted to show a middle way.
This way, the story can progress without the need for the mc to participate in that ridiculous orgy (but the player has a second choice) and cornwall and the other elves can still see what a "good slaver" is.

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
Should edit it into it, but it might be missed if I did. Only option on her door when she is there is to knock, to bring her places to raise stats. No talk option on her door, 21 friendship. Either this needs more time to trigger, or buying her sister or the true story option in the mod is causing problems.

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
Oh shit. So. I just, LITERALLY JUST NOW, got a letter from this Cornwall guy after advancing a day or two just in case, and bumping her friendship from 21 to 22 with the mod. Not sure if the time passing or the friendship boost or both triggered it, but something just got this plotline moving again.

edit: references to fucking her in the city in front of him earlier? Did I just forget, or did that not happen in my game? It isn't familiar. Someone jog my memory?

aolli

Nov 15, 2018
Oh shit. So. I just, LITERALLY JUST NOW, got a letter from this Cornwall guy after advancing a day or two just in case, and bumping her friendship from 21 to 22 with the mod. Not sure if the time passing or the friendship boost or both triggered it, but something just got this plotline moving again.

edit: references to fucking her in the city in front of him earlier? Did I just forget, or did that not happen in my game? It isn't familiar. Someone jog my memory?
That's the 21 event that you've skipped I think.

Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Posts sure do come in fast here.

See, I was thinking before something like keeping the old images in-game and only having them appear when truestory is used with Ashley otherwise spending all her time in the new outfit, then have 0.7 fully switch her to the new outfit. She could have a comment about buying new clothes in the truestory version. So it would be something like

with truestory
intro through 0.6 in original outfit, comment about buying new outfit, 0.7 and forward in new outfit

without truestory
whole game in new outfit

I don't know how hard it would be to do, though, since I don't know how Ren'Py works.

edit - looks like vastrolord already suggested this
It's simple to do it, but very tedious. There's thousands of images of Ashley in that uniform that need to be replaced. Each instance of either showing the uniform or not would require an if/else statement, which there would need to be thousands of as well.

It's just too much work for something that can't be sustained passed 0.6.

You skipped an event, the one about fucking her in the city. Which is why you never want to cheat friendship.

To get her 21st event, there'll be a "Talk" option on her door a couple days after her 20th event.

Reactions: TheDevian

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
You skipped an event, the one about fucking her in the city. Which is why you never want to cheat friendship.
I didn't though, as I said, I did everything full legit this time after doing 2 initial hours with a heavily modded file. Every single friend point with every girl was obtained the real way. I did NOT cheat friendship, aside from just now. I am not even sure I missed it, I think I recall her getting mad at SOMEONE in public, but it's vague. Someone explain the entire trip, see if it's familiar to me.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I didn't though, as I said, I did everything full legit this time after doing 2 initial hours with a heavily modded file. Every single friend point with every girl was obtained the real way. I did NOT cheat friendship, aside from just now. I am not even sure I missed it, I think I recall her getting mad at SOMEONE in public, but it's vague. Someone explain the entire trip, see if it's familiar to me.
That's what I'm saying, you just cheated her friendship, which means you skipped 1 story event.

4.70 star(s) 454 Votes