andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
That's what I'm saying, you just cheated her friendship, which means you skipped 1 story event.
But that doesn't make sense either. The talk button literally isn't showing up at all. Okay, I will mod to jump literally over a week in the game, see if the event pops up where I take her into the city. For once, I kept backups, I got one literally just before I modded her friend points.

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
Well. I am here to eat crow. The city event just came up, after advancing a week or two quickly. Without a friend change. So my assumption I missed something... Caused me to miss something. Thank you guys from keeping me from making a big mistake.

Oct 2, 2017
Maybe, next time, when the developer of the game is telling you you had to have done something to cause this OR you're missing something, take that dev at their word? :D

Anyway, new here, great game @Runey . If I hadn't just been laid off, I'd already be on Patreon for ya. :) Am I correct is assuming we'll have storylines with the other three elves (and maybe the drow) over the new however many updates?

Reactions: Runey

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
Maybe, next time, when the developer of the game is telling you you had to have done something to cause this OR you're missing something, take that dev at their word? :D

Anyway, new here, great game @Runey . If I hadn't just been laid off, I'd already be on Patreon for ya. :) Am I correct is assuming we'll have storylines with the other three elves (and maybe the drow) over the new however many updates?
I did take it to word, did I not? I reloaded a prior save, tested what s/he said to test, and got the result s/he expected me to get. Sure, I might have SLIGHTLY argued, but I still readily admitted that I was absolutely heeding what s/he advised. And as proof that I heeded it, look at that, the quest is now normal and no events are skipped.

Also, I realize I have been assuming Runey was male. For such a female centric game, I can't assume that definitively.

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
By the way, this game has ruined other games like it. Just earlier today, browsing more hentai games, come across one said to be great for exhib. But it used the same model types as HH, and was probably going to have a similar structure. I decided not to download it, it was going to be too weird seeing these characters as someone else, and I KNEW the writing wouldn't have been half as good in comparison. It would be like going from a 5 star pizza made by a world class chef to eating cheap frozen pizza from the grocery store. Bleh. Nothing else of this style of game or using these models will ever measure up, so why bother with them after playing HH?

Reactions: Runey

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
By the way, this game has ruined other games like it. Just earlier today, browsing more hentai games, come across one said to be great for exhib. But it used the same model types as HH, and was probably going to have a similar structure. I decided not to download it, it was going to be too weird seeing these characters as someone else, and I KNEW the writing wouldn't have been half as good in comparison. It would be like going from a 5 star pizza made by a world class chef to eating cheap frozen pizza from the grocery store. Bleh. Nothing else of this style of game or using these models will ever measure up, so why bother with them after playing HH?
Nothing against HH (absolutely not, I'm stalking this threat for a reason^^) but only because a game uses the same engine you shouldn't skip it. Different games have different storys. Maybe they aren't that good, but do you know when you never played them? Do you skip games made with unreal engine only because you played a game made with it before?

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
I finally found it. It was this game. Looks like HH, but most likely much worse written. And again, the girls are just way to similar, but not too similar, to girls in HH, and it gives me an awkward uncanny vibe.

Jan 28, 2018
I finally found it. It was this game. Looks like HH, but most likely much worse written. And again, the girls are just way to similar, but not too similar, to girls in HH, and it gives me an awkward uncanny vibe.

I just don't think it's productive or worth anything trash talking other games. Just saying.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I just don't think it's productive or worth anything trash talking other games. Just saying.
Absolutely true, but tbh, I looked at the game, completely broken engrish (yes, even the engrish is broken, it's that bad), the story is a mess and the game is a bugfest.

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
My point was to show the similarities in how they look, how they clearly have the same engine and models and why I said it's just too familiar yet not for comfort. But I can see now that, yeah, that looked like pure shit slinging. I didn't think that through.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
This way, the story can progress without the need for the mc to participate in that ridiculous orgy (but the player has a second choice) and cornwall and the other elves can still see what a "good slaver" is.
That doesn't really work though; if MC and Lin aren't taking part in the contest, what exactly would the elves see? The two of them standing there as they walk past into the basement? That's hardly likely to compel them to choose MC as their new master, is it? Remember that that's the important part, whatever fills in Lin's slots 23 and 24 needs to induce the elves to choose MC as their new master. As I see it that's all that really matters to set the stage for Lin's event 25.
It's simple to do it, but very tedious. There's thousands of images of Ashley in that uniform that need to be replaced. Each instance of either showing the uniform or not would require an if/else statement, which there would need to be thousands of as well.
You could do it with a variable as well I expect. If the renders with the new outfit are all prefixed with "new_" or something similar, then you could replace the image names with something like $prefix+"filename.webp", where $prefix is set to "new_" or "" depending on the "truestory" state. Those replacements could be easily automated, and then it's just a matter of a dozen or so lines of code to set the variable to the appropriate value.
Also, I realize I have been assuming Runey was male. For such a female centric game, I can't assume that definitively.
I would generally feel pretty safe making that assumption for a game where you play as a man fucking lots of women ;).

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
You could do it with a variable as well I expect. If the renders with the new outfit are all prefixed with "new_" or something similar, then you could replace the image names with something like $prefix+"filename.webp", where $prefix is set to "new_" or "" depending on the "truestory" state. Those replacements could be easily automated, and then it's just a matter of a dozen or so lines of code to set the variable to the appropriate value.
Yes, that could easily be done. But is it worth it carrying around hundreds of images that will never be used? In every download?

Reactions: random.person

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
But is it worth it carrying around hundreds of images that will never be used?
But they would be used; by everyone who uses the "truestory" code, which is likely quite a few people.
I liked the Cornwall event.
FITE ME.
I'm not interested in telling other people they shouldn't like them, but you're welcome to try and convince me I should let those assholes into my hotel if you'd like.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
But they would be used; by everyone who uses the "truestory" code, which is likely quite a few people.
If the player uses truestore, hundreds of (new) images won't be used. If a player doesn't use truestory, hundreds of (old) images won't be used. Is that worth seeing her in a schoolgirl outfit?

Reactions: TheDevian

vastrolord627

Sep 20, 2018
honestly i think runey has had enough time to listen to the community and figure out how he wants to proceed all we can do now is wait and see while giving him our support and praise.

(side note im unsure if runey is male or female so in those situations i default to he i apologize if im mistaken on this.)

Reactions: Bakkis15 and Scrot

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
I would generally feel pretty safe making that assumption for a game where you play as a man fucking lots of women ;).
I don't know, some women REALLY get off to that kind of idea. I am unsure because he or she did say the women in the game have their backstories partly based on his or her own, and most of them would definitely be altered if they were males growing up in said situations.

God_Batman

Feb 8, 2018
Maybe i should not ask this here but how do i get the second option for kali sister ?
I could not get it unlocked.

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes