5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Again, fiction is whatever the author wants it to be, not what you want it to be.
True, but the difference between good fiction and bad fiction (and, as you say, if an author wants to write bad fiction, they cretainly can) is that the differences between our world and the author's world are explained. Superman is an alien. Spiderman was bitten by a rat. Frodo lived a long time ago when magic and magical beings were more common, etc. Fiction is whatever the author wants it to be, but good fiction is not. Good fiction is what the reader wants it to be.

I'm going to put you on block now because arguing with the clueless gives me a headache.
:LOL: Irony isn't just the opposite of wrinkly.

Having said all of that, I think that the objection to the somewhat absurd premise of the story is overstated. The reason for the MC to flee her home is not at all central to the plot so far. It could as easily be an orc invasion. The author is rightly focusing on what is important to the plot, not whether hair dye actually completely washes off in a shower, or whatever.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Having said all of that, I think that the objection to the somewhat absurd premise of the story is overstated. The reason for the MC to flee her home is not at all central to the plot so far. It could as easily be an orc invasion. The author is rightly focusing on what is important to the plot, not whether hair dye actually completely washes off in a shower, or whatever.
The thing is that it should be Kind Of A Big Deal. The premise is that the continued survival of the MC's home kingdom more or less hinges on her marrying that dickwad prince (which is utterly nonseniscal in anything like a modern setting in the first place, and even cursory familiarity with the logic of dynastic marriages and inheritances should make it clear it'd be highly dubious in a premodern setting too, but anyway); which sorta means nobody involved is going to just shrug and dismiss her running off as a total loss.

The setup should logically result in people (possibly wearing trenchcoats and fedoras) coming to drag her back to the altar by hook or by crook, from either or both realms, and in very short order. And they really should have very few difficulties indeed tracking her down.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I'll take a look, but I would like to know if there are any men too, or will it be focused only on women? Nothing against it, I even like lesbian scenes, but as I said, I'll take a look, if it's not for me, I'll look for something else.
I wish the developer good luck, there are really few games with this theme, for sure there will be many people who will like it.
This game is a remake of Yuri Hotel, which was a lesbian only harem game.
So unless Vasilisa has change their mind, I don't think there will be any male relationship.
In fact, there is no male NPC so far, and nearly no male at all, just a few in the background in the streets or on the train (with no interaction possible with them).

jackejohnson

Jan 26, 2021
Great game thanks to the dev. Trouble is I keep getting a message that I don't have enough points with Rose to proceed, despite going back and changing conversation choices. Any hints gratefully received

Reactions: hm4steve

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Great game thanks to the dev. Trouble is I keep getting a message that I don't have enough points with Rose to proceed, despite going back and changing conversation choices. Any hints gratefully received
I have the same issue, despite I think I had always chosen the right replies to maximize my relationship with her.
So I have to start a new game to be able to have enough point.
Here are the replies to choose:
  • Wake her up.
  • About an hour.
  • No, it was very comfortable.
  • Thanks, you look nice too.
  • I also like dark-haired girls.
  • Turn to see them.
  • Yet.
  • Yes, I like rose.
  • No, I said that for you.
  • That's not why I say it.
Vasilisa, may be you could reduce the threshold a bit, so the story don't end abruptly because the player miss one or two right replies.

jackejohnson

Jan 26, 2021
I have the same issue, despite I think I had always chosen the right replies to maximize my relationship with her.
So I have to start a new game to be able to have enough point.
Here are the replies to choose:
  • Wake her up.
  • About an hour.
  • No, it was very comfortable.
  • Thanks, you look nice too.
  • I also like dark-haired girls.
  • Turn to see them.
  • Yet.
  • Yes, I like rose.
  • No, I said that for you.
  • That's not why I say it.
Vasilisa, may be you could reduce the threshold a bit, so the story don't end abruptly because the player miss one or two right replies.
Brilliant - it worked. Thanks a lot. The key was to wake her up.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Brilliant - it worked. Thanks a lot. The key was to wake her up.
To be honest, it's Vasilisa themselves who give me that short playthrough.

I thought I had chosen to wake up during my previous play.
My saves before I met her weren't compatible with the last version of the game, it's why I had to restart a new one.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Too little content in every single update. I was hopeng to see more than just talk. No spicy situation yet. I bet in upciming one others 8 or 10 minutes of content as well. Wasent suppesed to be the biggest one?

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Too little content in every single update. I was hopeng to see more than just talk. No spicy situation yet. I bet in upciming one others 8 or 10 minutes of content as well. Wasent suppesed to be the biggest one?
It's true that the updates are short.
But for the last one, don't forget that Vasilisa has been hospitalized two times in a couple of months (one because of the COVID, the other one because they used too much energy drinks).
So, it may have impacted the initial plan about a big release.

Also, I think they are a one person team.
And they only work on this game on their free time.
So even if it's frustrating and we want more, we should be comprehensive.
I never create a game, but I could easily understand how much time it's need.

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018
Sad news everyone. According to their latest post the creator has lost all motivation to create this game as they barely made any money and has decided to abandon it.... :(

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not terribly surprising as this was the last of several attempts to make this game, and restarts are almost always a bad sign (the author still doesn't have a clear vision). The author deserves credit for trying to fill an unfilled niche in the market, but even after more than a year didn't get the support needed to make it worth carrying on. I hope they get the motivation to try again with something equally outside the mainstream, and that that future game works for them.

Reactions: Tenenbaum
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes