Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
I was told before that there was a forced MC scene where he is tied up and something happens to him that you cannot deny (I think a footjob if I remember correctly), is that still present in the current version of the game, or can you avoid it?

Also, I just saw the recent comments about girls using strapons to fuck each other and oof... oof. That's not what you like to see.

Thanks if anyone can chime in.

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
Also, I just saw the recent comments about girls using strapons to fuck each other and oof... oof. That's not what you like to see.
Personally I enjoyed seeing it and welcome more of it, but to answer your question things like this are not avoidable if you plan on doing all the girls quests.
Side note given you have stated your not a fan of the strap-on scene I assume your not a fan of yuri inside the harem while the MC is not present, he is aware but not there. If you are not a fan of this then this game is not for you.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
I was told before that there was a forced MC scene where he is tied up and something happens to him that you cannot deny (I think a footjob if I remember correctly), is that still present in the current version of the game, or can you avoid it?

These happened yes, the best I did is to just ignore it. I don't like those too but as long as I'm not actively seeing it, moreover, there's only a few of it (hopefully wishing that there's more group scenes for the future that are not necessarily yuri or strap-on ones).

I still go with this even with that knowledge is because I just can't forego something that is good just for a few scenes that I don't like (which I really hope doesn't get more attention for future updates, I'd rather they focus on group scenes where MC is always involved like that one scene where he had sex with 5 of his girls all at once.)

Also, the fact that even there is yuri scenes in here, they are head over heels with the MC. Hence, its really promising to see that the MC will once, at the right moment, will finally get on with the next stage of their lives as all of them are serious about him.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
These happened yes, the best I did is to just ignore it. I don't like those too but as long as I'm not actively seeing it, moreover, there's only a few of it (hopefully wishing that there's more group scenes for the future that are not necessarily yuri or strap-on ones).

I still go with this even with that knowledge is because I just can't forego something that is good just for a few scenes that I don't like (which I really hope doesn't get more attention for future updates, I'd rather they focus on group scenes where MC is always involved like that one scene where he had sex with 5 of his girls all at once.)

Also, the fact that even there is yuri scenes in here, they are head over heels with the MC. Hence, its really promising to see that the MC will once, at the right moment, will finally get on with the next stage of their lives as all of them are serious about him.
mc is merily participating in the strapon scene (no homo) and the femdom scene are very few and there is no humiliation in them, for the strapon and other yuri scene, the reason is simple, not making the game a "harem simulator" where you pick girl select a position and all interaction are empty as they give a way for the harem to bond during groupe sex and multiple penetration
at least that my point of view, i wasn't into the scene with sakura at the beginning but with the story being flesh out they become an important part of the story and quite interesting (aslo i prefer the girl using strapon, the alternative being mc sharing or dev puting a futa :S )

ben akeba

May 9, 2018

if you start the game from the beginning they make sense and should not disgust you or turn you down, they are bonding scene for the harem on the sexual side, mc isn't humiliated in them or cheated on
if you only watch the new content, they may sound strange as lots of the scene are rewriten or partialy rewriten at least or they get a new context with the new perspective and new scene

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Eh well, that's that. I just wish further updates used the Other Perspective scene for fluff and some more story rather than just seeing yuri/lesbian.

• Angry
Reactions: fisty123

Vendena

Octopus Anonymous
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2018
Alright my guys, a friend showed up in the Itch.io site and told me you guys had a lot of questions and queries, so I went ahead and read the past five pages carefully. I'll try to answer as much as I can.

I've seen people having troubles(?) progressing through Otome's content. Not knowing who the masked girl is and such. The current version of the game had hints tweaked a bit, so it shouldn't be so hard to figure out what to do next. Hopefully.

About my English. I'm aware it has deficiencies, I'm constantly replaying the whole game looking for those. If you find a line of dialogue that needs revision, please let me know.

I've seen some people needing more than the current 420 save slots the game has. I can't think of a proper reason why you need more than that, but I guess I can add more pages if requested enough.

Having an auto-save function is something that I had in mind for a while. Probably will add it.

No, the lewd scenes in Harem Residence aren't animated. There's a reason why I went with static scenes, but I won't go over it right now. I have been learning timeline, so who knows what I could do in the future when it comes to this department.

A lot, and I mean it, a lot of people have been asking about pregnancies. Yes. It's a planned thing. But story locked. No, it won't be just a kink to have pregnant sex, then giving birth and the kids being sent away. I don't like that. I'm sorry.

Do you guys have issues with saves? Let me know if you do.

Yes, yes. I know what a Harem is. And I know that the title of the game might not be a hundred percent on point, but when I was deciding on the name, this is the one that I personally liked the most.

But with that being said, look at the "Things you'll find in Harem Residence". It clearly shows "Girl on Girl", which is true. It says "Harem", which is a genre in japanese weeb culture, and according to wiki, "a protagonist is surrounded by three or more love interests and/or sexual partners" which is true. And finally "Promiscuity" is also listed, so yeah... dunno what to say...

I guess I should add "Girls using toys" as warning for those not interested.

About ignoring or skipping girls. I'm sorry. Harem Residence has a structure, enforced playing order if you like, so no... you have to play through some content even if you don't like the girl.

About the "forced" scene where the MC gets a footjob... well, let me share with you a few lines of his dialogue for this event:

T-This is a bit exciting and scary...
My mother-in-law is looking at my most sensitive spot!
I-I might develop a fetish for this... Are you going to take responsibility if I do?!
Clearly, he's into it. If this sort of stuff is too much for you (femdom)... I'm sorry... but HR has a lot of characters, and each one of them appeal certain kinks...

I'll try to be more active in these forums, so if you have questions, suggestions, or just wanna talk trash about how much you disliked my game, now is your time!

Also, I've seen some people talking about patches :x Can I have a look? I'm curious.

buff

May 29, 2017
Also, I've seen some people talking about patches :x Can I have a look? I'm curious.
I am a fast reader, and often I am hitting the spacebar right as the 0.4 second waits kick in. This means that whenever you have those, I tend to miss the second part of the text, and have to roll back and look at the text I already read while I wait for the waits to tick by. Otherwise, I have to wait a while to see if there was a wait or not before hitting spacebar. Both are extremely annoying to the point of making the game unenjoyable.

For that reason, every time I download a new version I extract the .rpy files with rpatool, then use a small perl macro to replace all the '{w=[some decimal number]}' patterns with '{w=0.05}'. That still causes a small stutter, which gets the idea across to the reader, but is no longer massively slower than my normal reading speed so I find the game far more enjoyable.

I'd love to see you replace the wait with variables (you have 0.4, 0.5, and 0.6 second waits, so make those short/medium/long) and then users could just set the length of the waits to a value they choose. That'd make the game a lot more pleasant for players that are annoyed by the waits but do not have the means to modiftheir game.

Here's what I do (should work fine on Mac or Linux, dunno about Windows)
Bash:
rpatool -x  scripts.rpa
find scripts/ -name \*rpy -exec perl -pi -e 's/w=\d.\d+/w=0.05/g' {} \;

Reactions: lil boom toob

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.09p

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.
(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)
Mega
PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 700 MiB

Come find me on Discord:
I am no longer able to request my post get promoted to the OP from the mods. Only the owner of this thread can do it for me now. Otherwise this is the only notice you get that I have updated my android port.

Mother3fan

Jan 8, 2022
I’m having trouble unlocking one of the MC memory scenes. It’s the 8th one, the one right before the bunny suit scene. Can anyone drop a hint please? I’m so stuck

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Where is the incest patch? my "friend" is acting like it is taboo to lust after your "friend" which makes me think this is one of those patreon censorship things
pervert.png

There is also another scene where she calls me "Nii-san" which is japanese for "big brother"

Last edited:

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
Where is the incest patch? my "friend" is acting like it is taboo to lust after your "friend" which makes me think this is one of those patreon censorship things
View attachment 2700868

There is also another scene where she calls me "Nii-san" which is japanese for "big brother"
On the first page under cheat codes the last code listed is what you are looking for.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
when I start a new game I am introduced to the Auto button that automatically progresses text...
but that button quickly disappears. how do i bring it back?

3.80 star(s) 14 Votes