• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Vendena

Octopus Anonymous
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2018
so i played for 4 hours yesterday but all my save files are gone. is it somewhere is that i can load back in or?

tested it by saving a file and closing the game, save file was gone again. im not on a mac and im using windows
This shouldn't happen, but try the following: Make a new folder somewhere in your hard drive, for example "C:\Games\"
And extract the game there, try again.

The issue is most likely because the game saves locally inside it's "game" folder instead in the usual way Ren'Py games save. This was clearly a mistake of mine and is fixed already for the next update. I'm sorry that an idiotic idea of mine made you lose your progress.

Vendena

Octopus Anonymous
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2018
Hey there, I uploaded the new version of the game. The main thread was updated with the links.

Windows and Linux users, please make a backup of your saves from the previous version. You can find them in the folder "game > saves". Copy and paste that "saves" folder in the "game" folder of version 0.02.

You just need to do this once. Hopefully there won't be any save issues with the game from now on.

Cheers!

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
For some reason, text is not skipping in the update. I checked my settings and I have "skip read" selected, but it's not working. I've never had this issue with any other Renpy games.

Vendena

Octopus Anonymous
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2018
For some reason, text is not skipping in the update. I checked my settings and I have "skip read" selected, but it's not working. I've never had this issue with any other Renpy games.
Looks like the game marked all the text as "unread" after the update for some reason. I'll look into it and try to avoid it for future updates, for now use Skip All if clicking through text is annoying. Though, it should let you skip after reading it once.

Vendena

Octopus Anonymous
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2018
There's an error on 0.02. If you take a bath with Miya before taking her on a second date, the game will inevitably crash later. I have uploaded a quick patch to fix this issue, grab it at the main thread.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This will fix the issue and update the game to 0.02b.

Take into consideration that if you triggered this error, the fix will rollback your progress with Maya, Miya and Meiya to the maximum possible in 0.01b.

If you progressed with these girls in the intended way, the patch shouldn't do anything, don't worry.

You should fetch the patch regardless your game crashes or not.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Harem Residence [v0.02b] [Vendena] crunched

Original / Compressed Size Win: 2,19 GB / 340 MB - HaremResidence-0.02b-win-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Linux: 2,19 GB / 330 MB - HaremResidence-0.02b-linux-crunched.tar.bz2
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,17 GB / 323 MB - HaremResidence-0.02b-mac-crunched.zip

Download (Win/Linux/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v.0.11-old(v2) (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
WTF does this Dev this they are doing you got 2 versions under your belt not counting bug fixes and you go put out more content then most Dev do for their first 10 version!!

WHERE DO YOU GET OFF?!?!?

Do you have any clue the pressure this will put on other Devs? Do you Care?

NonArch

Aug 6, 2017
How about a totally fan made content that lets Kasumi stay as a friend but changes Maya/Miya and Ayase/Sanae to sisters?

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Thoughts on the new update: I really don't like how the first sex with Sanae is like that, I know based on Ayase's words that Sanae needs a loving man, but its just fooling around so far. Even with Sakura's first interaction with her feels like fooling around, but always with a bit hint of romance slowly building up. Sanae's just horny, and here's hoping that she can get a serious romantic development as part of the MC's harem. Lastly, Hibiki and Otome events when??? Vaginal with Kasumi when???

Mar 22, 2020
Awesome game with loads of content for such an early release, great work dev.

Otome's ex - how do you deal with him?
I've been to see Aio, Tsubaki and Fumiko ...not sure what else to try

Anmity

Jul 13, 2020
Awesome game with loads of content for such an early release, great work dev.

Otome's ex - how do you deal with him?
I've been to see Aio, Tsubaki and Fumiko ...not sure what else to try
I don't think dealing with him is implemented yet, beyond what it sounds like you've already done.

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
Here my little rant to the game so far:
I thought that Aoi isn't her true name, because it is written in red, like an mistake marking.
The event where Ayase sleeps with you can trigger, before the event where you meet Chitose, in which it sounds that it's the first time that she, Ayase, saw your room.
The first chat with Chitose: By the way my new character is based upon one of yours. She will get railed, a lot.
All that Haha, I hope that reduces.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Maybe Nagisa could show us around the gym, and how everything works for the first time. A little chat with her could give us an impression on her character. Same for Megumi
Ai as an name for an (ex-) software developer. Isn't that a bit cliche?
Ayase, where did you hide that water gun? Nevermind, where did you hide all the water guns?!
Maybe the 'other perspective' option should only show up, if there is anything new.
I expected Otome to fetch a dildo, but damn a pair of panties (an a bit more clothing)? That must a really good pair.
Sakrua starts calling you darling on an Sunday event, before I ever got an laptop for her. So that darling comes quite out of the blue.
Losing to Kaori and buying the hot dogs didn't cost any money.
I know I was being kidnapped and held hostage, but that is no reason to skip rent!
If you buy the red bible from Kaori and the next from Yuri, she will react as she sold you the first one.
I think an 'other perspective' event for Meiya would be really good. Just to show her side of the conflict, how she really feels and felt.
It feels kinda weird for me, that every tenant is instantly into the MC, besides Otome.
Honestly, I miss a bit drama. The harem works just too smooth and no one cares for the relationship between Kasumi and the MC. Fucking in the main living room, at a time where everyone is at home, also no restrain. Where is the conflict between the tenant who gets the MC or simple between to girls who don't like each other at first. Where is the risk at getting discovered while they fuck in the living room.
Miya is clearly scared of intimacy, jet they just throw her in the water, instead, I don't know, slowly working to the main goal. There is a lot sexy stuff possibility before guts get rearranged. Yet it's just one event. I know they are twins, but it would be nice if there stories would be a bit more separate.
In General is the pacing the greatest flaw of the game. I hope that gets reworked later, once the game is a bit further in development and gathered a bigger community.
The second biggest flaw I see is connected with the pacing. I have no idea about all the girls, I know their personality and bit of their background, but that's pretty much it. I don't need to know their favorite color or stuff like this, but I would like to get to know them a bit.
I wanted to finish with every girl as far as I could before posting here, but then I realized, that I just don't care for the girls. Sakrua for example is just a cheap chamgirl. I know that her parents kicked her out and nothing more. It's boring. Ayase, also problems with her parents, is just a friendly slut, who has the hots for the MC for no reasons and wants her sister with him, for also no reason.
Still, great work, incredible amount of content for an v0.02 release. 4/5 stars.

lil boom toob

Sep 12, 2017
This was pretty good.

Technical quibbles (that I edited/consoled my way around when playing):
- Slow fade transitions without any easy way to remove them on the preferences screen is annoying
- Like someone else said earlier, the {w=0.4} delays in lines leads to accidental skips if you read fast. In general, I don't think you want to be doing autoadvancing text because lots of people will be playing with manual advancing. When I played it, I search-and-replaced them all to {w} [pause until click or preferences auto-advance, then show the rest of the line] and think it still had more or less the effect you were going for
Thanks for this. Even with instant text speed, I tend to read entire lines in a single glance, so I was skipping basically every other line that had a delay block added. It was driving me bonkers.

Jun 3, 2017
Hint system needs to be streamlined. If I go to the list of girls and click them to get a hint for the next item, I cant go immediately back to the list of girls, i have to click the girls menu again.

Also, the map should have an icon if a girl is present in that room if she has content available.

Filippogrande11

Sep 20, 2021
does someone know how to progress meiya storyline I'm stuck at "something need to happen first before you can pay her a visit, go to that street and find out"

3.80 star(s) 14 Votes