Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
Huh. It's definitely interesting and strange one. The whole visual part definitely doesn't "fit" 2023. It's not bad per se, quite the opposite. It has a lot of charm, I even feel like I'm playing some kind of tribute to the old management. I have the most objections for game mechanic. We already have several perks on character screen, 3 different perks to choose during the scene. Random 299% of something , 3 charges of something else. I think this start to blur the essence of the game. I don't want to do the math during the middle of a scene and wonder if it's enough i.e. to pee.
I'll be honest, it seems pretty simple to me. The character screen perks are just passive benefits you really don't have to think about during the minigame. And as far as the minigame, there's really only a few perks that require you to actively change the actions you choose, and you don't even have to pick those. The minigame is made easy enough to where you just pick the passive benefit perks and you'll still be able to max arousal if your stats are high. The actions are very easily unlocked with low lust levels, so you really don't need to play it well. There's a cheat menu hidden where your money is displayed, you can just max your stats and then breeze through it if you want.

Other "problems":
- already mentioned character portraits
- map and ending conversations with characters
- stats screen. Very, very bad. Poor font, size and color. I had to wear glasses for this one
- Active and completed events have identical font color on stats screen.
1. I'm updating the character portrait system. The side portrait for Lily will now only be displayed when she's talking. Other characters will still appear on screen when not talking so you aren't awkwardly staring at nothing.
2. I don't really know what you mean here.
3. I agree the font was bad, it's been replaced and should be easier to read. The color will stay though.
4. This has already been changed in v0.2. Events which have no further progress will now have strike-through text to easily see which events can still be progressed.

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
full save pls.
There's a "hidden" purple button in the top left gallery screen which will temporarily unlock all scenes. Re-locking will not erase all progress you've made toward unlocking the gallery. This will be changed to a non-hidden button with text in the future.

Dec 2, 2020
2. I don't really know what you mean here.
Yes sorry, I described it too vaguely. What I mean is once you do the available talk (talk to Katie), it keeps popping up on the screen giving the impression that you have to click on it again even though it doesn't bring anything new. I know I'm supposed to "Talk to Katie" when I get 1500$ but I keep clicking on it every time because the option isn't grayed.

As for the "map". I wanted to write that it would have been nice to have a "fast travel" button directly to Lily's bedroom. Only now I noticed to leave the hospital I don't have to select the city map first, I can directly select a room in the house.... Facepalm to myself.

Reactions: Osirian

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
Yes sorry, I described it too vaguely. What I mean is once you do the available talk (talk to Katie), it keeps popping up on the screen giving the impression that you have to click on it again even though it doesn't bring anything new. I know I'm supposed to "Talk to Katie" when I get 1500$ but I keep clicking on it every time because the option isn't grayed.
Gotcha, yeah that can be fixed. It's a unique case for her because you can't hangout with her currently. Almost more of an oversight type of bug.

Reactions: Edgar Anal Poe

Hardor

May 29, 2020
Definitely has some potential. Here are few thoughts.
- There is definitely some uncanny valley in some of the pictures, mostly in their somewhat goofy facial expressions.
- The two first characters (Lily and Jamie) look too much alike. Are they supposed to be sisters or something?
- The dialogue is kinda stiff at a times (I'm guessing english isn't the dev's native language either) and leaves the relations of the characters somewhat unclear in the beginning. Also why are the three characters living together? Is it some kind of commune or student social apartment?
- Is there a point going to actually use the gym and how exactly does the exhaustion management benefit from going to gym or drinking instead of after a shower just talking to characters?
- Are there skill levels beyond "Legendary"? The exp-meter shows X/600 at that point, but it still showed the same after I got like 1500 anal XP after few lucky early multipliers, so I'm guessing it just goes around back to zero at that point without benefits?
- The work-upgrade purchases aren't shown on inventory in the relevant tab. They just "disappear" after purchasing.
- Is there even a point at the moment for the STD tests, since it didn't show as mandatory and didn't seem to change really anything?
- There could be some icon after the actions or perhaps color coding on the text to clearly visualize which actions are "fetish" actions, which are "mouth" etc, so you could more clearly see which one gives what exp (giving more than one category XP text could be with two or more colors).
- Why do you always need to start with handjob?
- Why no stripping option in the start since it is supposed to be a sex show?
- The white area in Lily's stomach is weird. Is it a graphical glitch of missing skin-texture or supposed to be some white undershirt showing?
- More finishing options besides facial&squirt would be welcome (creampie, anal creampie, swallow, cum on tits, cum on stomach, cum on ass, etc). Perhaps even giving some bonus to income if the finishing option hasn't been used on X-days?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: darlic and Osirian

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
This is a pretty good example of why there SHOULD be a law of physics forbidding sandbox games. "Grindy" is one thing, but "grindy while you have no idea what you are supposed to do" is just an insta-fuggedaboutit. NO KINK is worth this torture.

• Angry

Nakith

Oct 29, 2023
This is a pretty good example of why there SHOULD be a law of physics forbidding sandbox games. "Grindy" is one thing, but "grindy while you have no idea what you are supposed to do" is just an insta-fuggedaboutit. NO KINK is worth this torture.
TLDR;

Red bar= bad, purple bar= good...buttons. Any button will do, you just have to press the buttons.

• Haha
Reactions: darlic and Osirian

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
The latest update v0.2 contains some small quality of life updates, but a lot of the quality of life changes I've implemented are implemented in v0.2.5. Just a heads up for those who wanted things like a different font and are wondering why it hasn't changed yet.

Reactions: tarvi71 and darlic

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Okay saves are not working. I keep getting "An exception has occurred." message over and over again. I don't want to start over again every single update up to avoid this.

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
I just sent you a pm with my saves that were in my game folder.
This should fix it, let me know if there are any other issues. I try really hard to make sure saves are compatible with future versions, but with so much code some things are going to slip through the cracks.

Extract that in the main Harmony Girls folder and replace the file when prompted.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Can you send me your save? It should be working so I need to see what happened to that object to help figure out the issue.
I talked to Katie at the hospital at the hospital and when I click on the "to do" list I get the message. When I get home, it happens when I click on take a nap or whatever. Not sure what
This should fix it, let me know if there are any other issues. I try really hard to make sure saves are compatible with future versions, but with so much code some things are going to slip through the cracks.

Extract that in the main Harmony Girls folder and replace the file when prompted.
Okay thanks, were you running the same errors with the saves I sent you?

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
I talked to Katie at the hospital at the hospital and when I click on the "to do" list I get the message. When I get home, it happens when I click on take a nap or whatever. Not sure what

Okay thanks, were you running the same errors with the saves I sent you?
I goofed with a typo on the fix. Tested with your save file, I saw the bug. It's fixed now. I updated the bugfix file in the thread and message.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
I goofed with a typo on the fix. Tested with your save file, I saw the bug. It's fixed now. I updated the bugfix file in the thread and message.
are up sure you updated this fix? I talked to Katie at the hospital and when I click on the "to do" list, I get the error. I might have to start a new game. Something is corrupting it.

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
are up sure you updated this fix? I talked to Katie at the hospital and when I click on the "to do" list, I get the error. I might have to start a new game. Something is corrupting it.
We've got it working now. Bugfix is up on the OP. I'll try and update download links but I've only uploaded 4 of them (moderator uploaded the other two).

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
We've got it working now. Bugfix is up on the OP. I'll try and update download links but I've only uploaded 4 of them (moderator uploaded the other two).
That's good. I am sure other's would have run into the same problem as I did. So maybe now they won't have to when they update the game.

• Red Heart
4.50 star(s) 10 Votes