Apr 18, 2020
I don't get what I'm doing wrong in the mini games.
She cums often even before reaching the first dot of the viewers. I've tried maximising the lust gains for the audience with the bonus things but it doesn't work. Grinding to get 10 XP and not even see penetration is boring, and one of the story events is to use the anal sex machine and I don't see how that is possible at the moment.
I also don't see how the XP gained is affecting anything, nor do I see how we can use perk points.

Part from that the game has a nice idea of turning the innocent girl and her friends to cam whores. I also agree with others that I was also hoping for more lesbian content.

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
I don't get what I'm doing wrong in the mini games.
She cums often even before reaching the first dot of the viewers. I've tried maximising the lust gains for the audience with the bonus things but it doesn't work. Grinding to get 10 XP and not even see penetration is boring, and one of the story events is to use the anal sex machine and I don't see how that is possible at the moment.
I also don't see how the XP gained is affecting anything, nor do I see how we can use perk points.

Part from that the game has a nice idea of turning the innocent girl and her friends to cam whores. I also agree with others that I was also hoping for more lesbian content.
You use the perk points in the character menu. It's the icon all the way in the top right corner. You'll see a tab for perks there and you can click on them to upgrade them.

Apr 18, 2020
You use the perk points in the character menu. It's the icon all the way in the top right corner. You'll see a tab for perks there and you can click on them to upgrade them.
If this was explained in the tutorial I must've missed it! :whistle:
Yes, now the things were much easier... I had several thousand of those points.

Another question, the challenge mode. How do I make her play with herself before making a recording?
If the challenge mode and how to get the slut points is explained in detail some place, please let me know.

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
If this was explained in the tutorial I must've missed it! :whistle:
Yes, now the things were much easier... I had several thousand of those points.

Another question, the challenge mode. How do I make her play with herself before making a recording?
If the challenge mode and how to get the slut points is explained in detail some place, please let me know.
The playing with herself is really just flavor text to explain the challenges. Like, you can't actually get drunk to reduce the lust gained, it's just there for flavor. As for how challenge mode works, you customize the difficulty on the right panel. If you've maxed her arousal orbs (all 10) in challenge mode, you succeed at that slut level difficulty, and you'll be awarded slut points. Let's say you completed level 12, that becomes your highest slut level gained, and to earn more slut points you have to complete challenge mode at slut level 13 or higher.

I've also added a tl/dr in the minigame tutorial for the supporter version, along with hints to remind you how to spend perk points, and overhauled the earlier hint system to make more sense. Other people had troubles as well, so it was an easy thing to miss. Hopefully the next public release things will be more clear.

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
Unfortunately, this didn't work for me.
I'm trying to think what the problem could be. When you extracted it prompted you to overwrite the files, correct? If so, do the other videos have the same issue, or is it just Claire's?

Brosewood

Mayor of Sutton
Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
I'm trying to think what the problem could be. When you extracted it prompted you to overwrite the files, correct? If so, do the other videos have the same issue, or is it just Claire's?
Yeah I replaced all files. I also run into this issue when shooting with a subscriber, but not Lilly solo.

This was from the MEGA download if that helps.

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
Yeah I replaced all files. I also run into this issue when shooting with a subscriber, but not Lilly solo.

This was from the MEGA download if that helps.
Alright, I've changed where free_memory is being called. It now happens at the start of the minigame, and you'll see a 1 second pause before the perk selection shows up. This should allow ren'py time to adjust after freeing memory. If the glitch is happening at the end of the minigame still, then I'm lost. If it doesn't happen at all, then yay! If it does happen at the start of the making the video, then I'll have to figure out another solution.

Brosewood

Mayor of Sutton
Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Alright, I've changed where free_memory is being called. It now happens at the start of the minigame, and you'll see a 1 second pause before the perk selection shows up. This should allow ren'py time to adjust after freeing memory. If the glitch is happening at the end of the minigame still, then I'm lost. If it doesn't happen at all, then yay! If it does happen at the start of the making the video, then I'll have to figure out another solution.
The new bugfix just makes things worse for me. As soon as I select a perk on Claire's video, I get an error page that eventually becomes glitchy.

bugs.jpg

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
The new bugfix just makes things worse for me. As soon as I select a perk on Claire's video, I get an error page that eventually becomes glitchy.

View attachment 3305478
Alright, if you've still got it in you to try. I've just removed the call to free_memory entirely. If this doesn't work then :mad:, I have no damned idea.

Brosewood

Mayor of Sutton
Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Alright, if you've still got it in you to try. I've just removed the call to free_memory entirely. If this doesn't work then :mad:, I have no damned idea.
I'm sorry to say but this had the same results for me as the last bugfix.

• Angry
Reactions: Osirian

kingdevil31

Feb 17, 2021
I guess the saves will work for the current supporter v0.2.8 and not this v0.2.5. There is a full replay gallery and full image gallery though with an unlock/relock button. Using the unlock/relock feature won't remove progress you've already made toward unlocking the gallery.
Thank you. I see uclock button.

Reactions: Osirian

WhitePinkman

Jan 3, 2021
I must admit, I didn't give this game enough credit when I first played it but it's actually a really good game.\

The only thing that tripped me up was the Perks / Upgrade button. I didn't pay much attention during the tutorial and didn't realize it was so important.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nakith and Osirian

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
I'm sorry to say but this had the same results for me as the last bugfix.
Damnit, well, the traceback.txt file might be saved in the main folder of the game. You could upload that here, but it could be an error that isn't as relevant as I hope if the bug is related to memory. Thanks for working with me though. I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue but there's a chance I could still fix it for you or anyone else.

I will admit, my game is harder to run than most games out there. I've teased at the idea of adding a non-RAM heavy setting which would not load the minigame images to memory. If the images aren't loaded to memory, every time you click an action there will be a delay while it loads. Most Ren'Py games are VNs where images load in a strict linear order and don't blast through animations so quickly. It's tough.

I must admit, I didn't give this game enough credit when I first played it but it's actually a really good game.\

The only thing that tripped me up was the Perks / Upgrade button. I didn't pay much attention during the tutorial and didn't realize it was so important.
Yup, other people ran into the same issue. The next v0.2.8 changes some things like that, giving hints and reminders to players if I diagnose something they're missing. There will also be hints in the top menu when in free play to help progression. The next update was definitely focused on remedying new player accessibility issues.

Napster1150

Jan 8, 2024
A few "bugs"

Claire's 69 position has a white line over the D***
Claire's upgrade text for Edging says level 5 gives 65 charges
Claire's "anal creampie" animation just shows the end scene, not sure if there was supposed to be something playing before
Income remains zero after making videos

A few recommendations

- The skills level descriptions are not intuitive to which one is higher, maybe something like a 1/5 in the mouseover to show progress of max.
- Sort characters in the order in which their stories develop. I.E. Lily > Claire etc. Although I'm sure clicking the arrows a few times isn't a big deal.
- The "Stress" mechanic, while it explains how to reduce it, it doesn't give an idea numerically if one action is more effective than another. In general, it seems that stress level climbs a bit too high.
- I recommend adding something in the mouseover on each action to show category. It's not immediately apparent what is a kink action for perk/experience purposes for example, and whether 69 counts as multiple categories, etc.
- Increase animation speed / intensity slightly based on level of purple orbs for each action. Increase intensity of moaning for higher level purple orbs.
- Some kind of money sink, Lily has over $100k with nothing to spend it on.

The "squish" sound on Claire's new "anal" animations is a nice touch.
It was good to see Katie off-work

Last edited:

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
A few "bugs"

Claire's 69 position has a white line over the D***
Claire's upgrade text for Edging says level 5 gives 65 charges
Claire's "anal creampie" animation just shows the end scene, not sure if there was supposed to be something playing before

A few recommendations

The skills level descriptions are not intuitive to which one is higher, maybe something like a 1/5 in the mouseover to show progress of max.
Sort characters in the order in which their stories develop. I.E. Lily > Claire etc. Although I'm sure clicking the arrows a few times isn't a big deal.
The "Stress" mechanic, while it explains how to reduce it, it doesn't give an idea numerically if one action is more effective than another. In general, it seems that stress level climbs a bit too high.

The "squish" sound on Claire's new "anal" animations is a nice touch.
For the 69 white line, it's actually a reflection from the wet surface I was using. I've since started making the glossiness duller looking so things don't have that affect. I'm always trying to improve stuff, so thanks.
I'm looking into the other stuff now.

curiosity

Aug 10, 2017
so bad, many display bugs during the game even with the last patch. And now, someting the game crash. It seems to be an excellent game

Reactions: Donjoe81

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
so bad, many display bugs during the game even with the last patch. And now, someting the game crash. It seems to be an excellent game
I'm looking into this issue. I think Ive pushed RAM usage too high for users with lower amounts of RAM. It might not make it into this version, but I'm looking into boosting performance.

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
After looking into the performance issue and my options, I'm going to have to make an unfortunate change for those who have lower amounts of available VRAM (4GB or lower). I'll be adding a performance mode to v0.2.8 which will reduce the number of frames in animations by half during the minigame. This won't be an issue in the gallery, so you'll still be able to see the full, smoother animations there. It also won't affect events, though I have a change to make there as well. Performance mode will be optional for those who have higher VRAM graphics cards, and you'll be able to enable it or disable it anytime. For those who didn't have issues, there shouldn't be a problem going forward if you made it through all of Claire's video actions.

If you all are curious why a 700MB game would need more than 4GB or VRAM to run, I'm asking myself the same thing. The unfortunate reality is that this is a limitation in the Ren'Py engine. To cache an image, the file size of the image does not matter. Instead, only the number of pixels is relevant. For every pixel in an image, Ren'Py requires 4 bytes of VRAM to cache it. This means a 200KB filesize 1920x1080p image requires a shocking 8MB to cache. Harmony Girls, unfortunately, uses many hundreds of images to achieve the animations you see.

Now, most Ren'Py games don't have an issue with this because they don't need to load so many images into the cache. A standard VN might have an animation playing with another one in the queue. That's why my potential changes will only affect the minigame, as that's the only time you will be switching animations in rapid succession. Still, I find myself disappointed in Ren'Py because of this. I understand that it was not built with my use in mind, but I'm blown away by the inefficiency I've discovered today. Now that I understand this limitation, I'll be creating Harmony Girls while being mindful of this issue.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 10 Votes