NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Which job is there to do for progressing to Citizen for players who don't want to have the placer character engage in M/F scenes? Do magic shop shifts still give fame? (if that is what is required, anyway)

Edit: Managed to do it by save-scumming and doing the Pirate stuff. Now I am a citizen but lost on how to progress. The Adventurer's Guild is of limits & so is the Rose Girl stuff. I feel as if there should be quite a bit more content since I can only travel between the Port & the Main Island and the latter doesn't really have anything outside of the market & the arena to do. Do those things suffice to reach the rest of the current stuff?
The Main Island contains a lot of content. The Market, the Arena, the Baths (inside the Rose Brothel) and the Black Flag Tavern can all be accessed without need for picking a faction. However, most of the content for the Rose Brothel itself, as well as the Adventurer's Guild/Fleet Faction Options, are both gated behind developing relationships with either the Order of the Rose or The Fleet Faction. The nature of The Order of the Rose makes it somewhat difficult to access a lot of their content if you're playing 100% purely F/F, as their belief system is basically 'service to all who need it.' The Fleet Faction can be pursued while sticking to F/F actions, though. In order to access the Adventurer's Guild/Fleet Faction content, you'll need to get a recommendation from either the Fight Coordinator at the Arena, or from the Fleet Commander. The unlock requirements are:
----

*Lyra the Fight Coordinator will offer one if you have Pirate Job Skill of 10 or more and general Combat Skill of 8 or more.

*The Fleet Commander will offer you her recommendation if you find her while exploring the Port Island in fairy form. Requires Pirate Job Skill of 10 or more and general Combat Skill of 5 or more. Also requires a high enough Reputation Level to reach the Main Island.
----

Note, that you're missing a lot of the Main Island content if you don't explore the game's various Status Conditions, as well. Visiting the Main Island while a Futa or well wearing the Free Use Collar will generate different content. Likewise, there are multiple ways to end up stuck temporarily in Chastity on the main island. Getting stuck in a chastity belt will produce yet another alternate set of scenes.

The Main Island has something like 3-4 times the content as the port island, but a lot more of it has requirements of some sort. Which is, you know, logical, since you're supposed to find it only after reaching a certain level of advancement ;-).

Build 16 also introduced the Faction Island for the Fleet Faction. So if you progress down that route there is another island to explore as well, though one that only has 18 scenes so far.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
The Main Island contains a lot of content. The Market, the Arena, the Baths (inside the Rose Brothel) and the Black Flag Tavern can all be accessed without need for picking a faction. However, most of the content for the Rose Brothel itself, as well as the Adventurer's Guild/Fleet Faction Options, are both gated behind developing relationships with either the Order of the Rose or The Fleet Faction. The nature of The Order of the Rose makes it somewhat difficult to access a lot of their content if you're playing 100% purely F/F, as their belief system is basically 'service to all who need it.' The Fleet Faction can be pursued while sticking to F/F actions, though. In order to access the Adventurer's Guild/Fleet Faction content, you'll need to get a recommendation from either the Fight Coordinator at the Arena, or from the Fleet Commander. The unlock requirements are:
----

*Lyra the Fight Coordinator will offer one if you have Pirate Job Skill of 10 or more and general Combat Skill of 8 or more.

*The Fleet Commander will offer you her recommendation if you find her while exploring the Port Island in fairy form. Requires Pirate Job Skill of 10 or more and general Combat Skill of 5 or more. Also requires a high enough Reputation Level to reach the Main Island.
----

Note, that you're missing a lot of the Main Island content if you don't explore the game's various Status Conditions, as well. Visiting the Main Island while a Futa or well wearing the Free Use Collar will generate different content. Likewise, there are multiple ways to end up stuck temporarily in Chastity on the main island. Getting stuck in a chastity belt will produce yet another alternate set of scenes.

The Main Island has something like 3-4 times the content as the port island, but a lot more of it has requirements of some sort. Which is, you know, logical, since you're supposed to find it only after reaching a certain level of advancement ;-).

Build 16 also introduced the Faction Island for the Fleet Faction. So if you progress down that route there is another island to explore as well, though one that only has 18 scenes so far.
My problem is that the Fleet Faction comes with a mandatory M/F scene during the mandatory Spy training, so as far as I can tell there is no way to progress the game after getting to the main Island for those who do not wish to go through that, sadly. I spent hours yesterday mindlessly grinding fame, reloading hundreds of times because the pirate stuff also comes with a random M/F scene (also btw during the Cabin girl thing there is implied M/F stuff as well, non optional) so forgive if I am a bit confused and also a tad bit miffed since avoiding M/F scenes has actually become a bit of a hassle in Haven's Port after becoming a resident. :x

I do understand the idea of leaving things for players to explore but the way the game is structured really doesn't invite to do that cause it usually means running into non-optional lewd stuff that might go strongly against the personal interests and orientation. Add to that the jobs that have random scenes & it creates a situation where (at least some) players will be very wary to try out things or to advance certain jobs.

Edit: Also, don't missunderstand me, I did like the content I saw after advancing (those parts I am interested in) like for example a certain date with a certain orc. It's just that I can literally feel there is quite a bit of content I haven't seen yet, but that also seems inaccessible kinda, which is a bit of a "meh" feeling. Your game is getting better and better each release, no doubt!

Last edited:

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
My problem is that the Fleet Faction comes with a mandatory M/F scene during the mandatory Spy training, so as far as I can tell there is no way to progress the game after getting to the main Island for those who do not wish to go through that, sadly. I spent hours yesterday mindlessly grinding fame, reloading hundreds of times because the pirate stuff also comes with a random M/F scene (also btw during the Cabin girl thing there is implied M/F stuff as well, non optional) so forgive if I am a bit confused and also a tad bit miffed since avoiding M/F scenes has actually become a bit of a hassle in Haven's Port after becoming a resident. :x

I do understand the idea of leaving things for players to explore but the way the game is structured really doesn't invite to do that cause it usually means running into non-optional lewd stuff that might go strongly against the personal interests and orientation. Add to that the jobs that have random scenes & it creates a situation where (at least some) players will be very wary to try out things or to advance certain jobs.

Edit: Also, don't missunderstand me, I did like the content I saw after advancing (those parts I am interested in) like for example a certain date with a certain orc. It's just that I can literally feel there is quite a bit of content I haven't seen yet, but that also seems inaccessible kinda, which is a bit of a "meh" feeling. Your game is getting better and better each release, no doubt!
First. I'm going to be absolutely clear on this, since it seems to be a recurring theme. Haven's Port isn't really meant to be played full F/F. Too many of its included kinks (such as Free Use and Futa kinks) aren't easily compatible with that. I designed it with the intention that it could be played that way, since I personally have a preference for that option in most Female Protagonist games. But I never claimed it would be easy, or that you'd be able to access all content easily going that route.

Second...what? You're barking up the wrong tree with the pirate job stuff. I specifically fixed that so that the only random in the entire thing has an 'out' to escape if you get the M/F/F party scene. I think you may believe that the Cabin Girl job is random. But it's not. It's stat based (that's all I'm saying. I've given far too many hints already).

As for the Fleet Faction. Damn. I forgot there's a single blowjob-required scene during the spy training. It makes complete sense story-wise, so I'm not sure I'm willing to fix that one. I'll put some legitimate thought into seeing if I can come up with an alternative. Possibly a variant training option? The Fleet Faction content is all new within the last few builds and no one had brought the lack of a F/F only route up until now. I'll see if I can think of something...

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
First. I'm going to be absolutely clear on this, since it seems to be a recurring theme. Haven's Port isn't really meant to be played full F/F. Too many of its included kinks (such as Free Use and Futa kinks) aren't easily compatible with that. I designed it with the intention that it could be played that way, since I personally have a preference for that option in most Female Protagonist games. But I never claimed it would be easy, or that you'd be able to access all content easily going that route.

Second...what? You're barking up the wrong tree with the pirate job stuff. I specifically fixed that so that the only random in the entire thing has an 'out' to escape if you get the M/F/F party scene. I think you may believe that the Cabin Girl job is random. But it's not. It's stat based (that's all I'm saying. I've given far too many hints already).

As for the Fleet Faction. Damn. I forgot there's a single blowjob-required scene during the spy training. It makes complete sense story-wise, so I'm not sure I'm willing to fix that one. I'll put some legitimate thought into seeing if I can come up with an alternative. Possibly a variant training option? The Fleet Faction content is all new within the last few builds and no one had brought the lack of a F/F only route up until now. I'll see if I can think of something...
It was by no means my intention to sound as if I am blaming you for anything, I'm simply asking if I missed something perhaps, and said that I was a bit down cause I tried to work my way around things. Having the option to just reload is 1 way to tackle the issue, so having 2 variants for the scene is fine if that's the solution for not being able to progress otherwise.

By the way I am not even excluding Futa stuff when I speak about F/F scenes, so I'm not complaining about those scenes being there or anything, not sure if it seemed like that to you.

Also I did manage to get through the pirate part, I was merely explaining why I still was interested to know if there was an alternative, since I couldn't tell for sure if that was the path supposed to take to not have mandatory m/f stuff in that part of the game.

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense story wise, I wondered if there was a different way to continue with the game cause I'm pretty sure I reached the end of the content I can play without m/f scenes. It's perfectly fine if you keep things that way, but if that means at that point there wont be any further progress without m/f scenes it would be nice to know. The game doesn't have to suit my tastes or anything. I just got really confused while playing cause all I knew was "there is some path to progress without m/f scenes" and I couldn't find it.

If you say the content is new and subject to change, that's totally okay. If you say you didn't think about that scene and "missed" it, so to speak, that's also obviously absolutely not an issue. I'd be happy if you would address it at some point, or, if the fancy strikes you, add a 3rd way to get to visit other islands, would of course be great.
And if you don't that is also your right to do, it's your game.

I'm not sure what was so offensive about the stuff I wrote, as I said, I think your game is good. The writing is nice, the characters are enjoyable, the visuals are good & the theme is cool as well.

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
It was by no means my intention to sound as if I am blaming you for anything, I'm simply asking if I missed something perhaps, and said that I was a bit down cause I tried to work my way around things. Having the option to just reload is 1 way to tackle the issue, so having 2 variants for the scene is fine if that's the solution for not being able to progress otherwise.
I'll likely add a variant option for the Spy training. The Order of the Rose isn't really practical to get their content without M/F content, so I'd like to make sure at least the Fleet Faction is accessible.

Also I did manage to get through the pirate part, I was merely explaining why I still was interested to know if there was an alternative, since I couldn't tell for sure if that was the path supposed to take to not have mandatory m/f stuff in that part of the game.
The 'alternative' is through the Rose Haven...which has a lot more M/F content. The pirate path is the F/F friendly version. It shouldn't have been hard to find the F/F path through. As I said, the only truly random result has an escape clause before anything actually happens.

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense story wise, I wondered if there was a different way to continue with the game cause I'm pretty sure I reached the end of the content I can play without m/f scenes. It's perfectly fine if you keep things that way, but if that means at that point there wont be any further progress without m/f scenes it would be nice to know. The game doesn't have to suit my tastes or anything. I just got really confused while playing cause all I knew was "there is some path to progress without m/f scenes" and I couldn't find it.
You actually probably haven't. One of the largest chunks of content for the Main Island is actually tied up in 'dates' with several characters. You should be able to access all of Miona & Mione's dates with only FxF and FxFuta content. Though their unlock condition is probably the single most obscure in the game (make sure you've found the drow futa while under the Fairy Transformation on the port island, then find them in the Baths). You should also be able to date Fiona (at the arena) without any MxF content. I think Sylvia might require you to have done the test at the Rose Brothel (which is MxF). I'm not 100% sure off-hand though. So at least two female characters and a futa that are datable, each of which has five dates, plus interactions in the Main Island player home. Said player home also has a FxF scene or two as well.

If you say the content is new and subject to change, that's totally okay. If you say you didn't think about that scene and "missed" it, so to speak, that's also obviously absolutely not an issue. I'd be happy if you would address it at some point, or, if the fancy strikes you, add a 3rd way to get to visit other islands, would of course be great.
And if you don't that is also your right to do, it's your game.

It will get addressed at some point. Like I said, I intend for it to be at least possible to play through most of the game FxF. It's just easy for me to miss choke points since I don't get a lot of feedback on what people would like to see. Or issues with the game.

I'm not sure what was so offensive about the stuff I wrote, as I said, I think your game is good. The writing is nice, the characters are enjoyable, the visuals are good & the theme is cool as well.
Thanks for the compliments! As for it being offensive...I tend to assume the worst on F95zone, so I apologize if I came off as overly defensive. I've gotten a lot of hate messages and negative comments over the years here. I got so many for one of my games (The Sexy Cosplay Cafe), that it effectively killed the game. And I got even more over Chastity Quest, though that one survived because there were plenty of people that made positive comments about it as well. I've developed a thicker skin over the years as well (Sexy Cosplay Cafe was one of my earliest attempted games), but I still half dread reading the F95 threads for my games. I still do so because, on the plus side, I get more total feedback from here than I do anywhere else (even my own Patreon page sometimes), including bug reports and things like this. I know this tends to color my responses and I try to reign that in...but I'm not always successful at doing so :-(. So, my apologies if I offended. I do actually value the feedback.

Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I'll likely add a variant option for the Spy training. The Order of the Rose isn't really practical to get their content without M/F content, so I'd like to make sure at least the Fleet Faction is accessible.

The 'alternative' is through the Rose Haven...which has a lot more M/F content. The pirate path is the F/F friendly version. It shouldn't have been hard to find the F/F path through. As I said, the only truly random result has an escape clause before anything actually happens.

You actually probably haven't. One of the largest chunks of content for the Main Island is actually tied up in 'dates' with several characters. You should be able to access all of Miona & Mione's dates with only FxF and FxFuta content. Though their unlock condition is probably the single most obscure in the game (make sure you've found the drow futa while under the Fairy Transformation on the port island, then find them in the Baths). You should also be able to date Fiona (at the arena) without any MxF content. I think Sylvia might require you to have done the test at the Rose Brothel (which is MxF). I'm not 100% sure off-hand though. So at least two female characters and a futa that are datable, each of which has five dates, plus interactions in the Main Island player home. Said player home also has a FxF scene or two as well.

It will get addressed at some point. Like I said, I intend for it to be at least possible to play through most of the game FxF. It's just easy for me to miss choke points since I don't get a lot of feedback on what people would like to see. Or issues with the game.

Thanks for the compliments! As for it being offensive...I tend to assume the worst on F95zone, so I apologize if I came off as overly defensive. I've gotten a lot of hate messages and negative comments over the years here. I got so many for one of my games (The Sexy Cosplay Cafe), that it effectively killed the game. And I got even more over Chastity Quest, though that one survived because there were plenty of people that made positive comments about it as well. I've developed a thicker skin over the years as well (Sexy Cosplay Cafe was one of my earliest attempted games), but I still half dread reading the F95 threads for my games. I still do so because, on the plus side, I get more total feedback from here than I do anywhere else (even my own Patreon page sometimes), including bug reports and things like this. I know this tends to color my responses and I try to reign that in...but I'm not always successful at doing so :-(. So, my apologies if I offended. I do actually value the feedback.
Maybe I actually missed something in the scene(?) but I assume that you refer to the outcome of the "Work as a Seawoman" job for the pirates, since that is how you can increase the pirating & combat skill & get to Citizenship through the Wavemistress. I immediately did reload every time the picture popped up where the PC is sucking another crewmember. If I missed that in the description the whole thing plays out differently I can only apologize, I went by what I saw and just reloaded.

Which isn't an issue at all, it's just that, personally, I feel as in that case the scene could just as well be removed (in the way of maybe players choosing if they wanna see random m/f scenes for example) since it's basically the same and just saves time on everybody's end. Players cause they don't have to reload a hundred times, and you don't get asked stupid questions like mine.
That said I do acknowledge though that this "solution" might be quite a bit more difficult to implement than I think so this is just me explaining my way of thinking in regards to those issues in general, not your game specifically.

I'm very glad you even care & take the time to adjust stuff to keep it open to a broader audience. I feel a bit shit about giving you the impression I was taking a shot at your person or your work of art.

I managed to run into the first date, with our fav magic selling greenskin, which was definitely a cute scene & also hot. Lookin forward to see more dating content and thanks for the heads up on how to trigger Miona/Miona, I literally forgot to do the Fairy potion this playthrough, cause I just remembered it being something I didn't love, but now that you wrote it I realized I did not want to do the "use to sell" option for fairy, and the "take fairy potion for fun" part was actually pretty nice.
Btw great design that the potions wear off and it's not "choose 1, can't do the other for the rest of the playthrough"

I think I gonna wait another 1 or 2 updates though before starting anew again, there's still a big chonk of stuff I haven't seen and that means I'll still have the wonder of discovering stuff left and right along the way, I wanna preserve part of that feeling a bit more. :D

In regards to the F95 thing...I've not been active in the discussion for very long, and haven't made any really bad experience yet, but I saw some threads where things got out of hand for sure. And I saw that, as a Dev, you have to deal with some really unreasonable and improper demands from some players, which certainly are the experiences that stick with you much more than the people who are kind and just write a few lines about how they like your game.
So i totally understand where you are coming from and I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm not a native speaker, tend to be a bit socially awkward & also try to be as unambiguous as possible, which likely ends up making me sound rude even when I don't mean to be.
So no hard feelings whatsoever from me, I'm glad we could find an understanding. :giggle:

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Maybe I actually missed something in the scene(?) but I assume that you refer to the outcome of the "Work as a Seawoman" job for the pirates, since that is how you can increase the pirating & combat skill & get to Citizenship through the Wavemistress. I immediately did reload every time the picture popped up where the PC is sucking another crewmember. If I missed that in the description the whole thing plays out differently I can only apologize, I went by what I saw and just reloaded.
You know what? I'm too busy working on the next Left Hand Magic build to try and make sense of your issue with the pirate job. Even looking over both the guide and the code, I can't make heads or tails of why you thought you needed to reload a ton to avoid M/F content. Here's the section on the Pirate Job(s) from the Patreon Reward walkthrough.
--------

The Wave Mistress/Pirate Job

Note: Once you reach the Resident Reputation level, you can seek employment aboard the Wave Mistress. There are currently 3 sorts of jobs, split into two ‘ranks.’ The lowest rank is available immediately, though it will gain options as you gain Pirate Skill. The next rank, Seawoman, can only be taken after you gain enough Pirate Skill, and pays out based on the formula of (Pirate Skill + Combat Skill) *25. So, the more you do the Pirate Job, the higher the pay will become.

Entertain the Crew: Without skills, you need to earn your keep another way, in exchange for a small amount of pay and on-the-job-training! ‘Service’ the crew’s needs while they are in port to earn that training! This job is split into 4 possible scenes. For each you will receive 50g and +1 point of Pirate Skill.

--Crew Entertainer(Female):Choose to service the female members of the crew. Leads to a Female/Female/Female threesome.

--Crew Entertainer(Male): Choose to service the male members of the crew. Leads to a Bondage scene on the Canon Deck.

--Service the Quartermaster: This requires you already have at least 3 points of Pirate Skill. If you do, this option will appear, leading to you dominating the Quartermaster in a bondage scene. Additional Benefit of +1 Seduction Point.

--Service the First Mate: This requires you already have at least 3 points of Pirate Skill. If you do, this option will appear, leading to you having a sex scene (Titjob and Doggystyle sex) with the First Mate. Additional Benefit of +1 Seduction Point.

Cabin Girl(Nymph): If you sign on as a Cabin Girl in order to learn some skills, you will get one of two scenes. If your BASE(no additions from clothing or title) Nymph Points are higher than your Seductress Points, you will get this scene. Which has a Nymph flavor and unique uniform.

Cabin Girl(Seductress): If you sign on as a Cabin Girl in order to learn some skills, you will get one of two scenes. If your BASE(no additions from clothing or title) Seductress Points are higher than your Nymph Points, you will get this scene. Which has a seductress flavor and unique uniform.

Seawoman: This is the second rank of the Pirate Job. Requiring a minimum Pirate Skill of 5. In this job you actually participate in raids as a full crewmember of the Wave Mistress. There are currently two scenes that will be selected randomly.

--Merchant’s Reward: A merchant that fell afoul of the Empire is very grateful for a being rescued from their clutches…she’s like to show you here appreciation.

--After Raid Party: There’s always a party after a successful raid! And with the Pirates of Haven’s Port…that usually devolves into sex! Leads to a Female/Female/Male threesome. Skippable when you actually get to the threesome part.
-------

I managed to run into the first date, with our fav magic selling greenskin, which was definitely a cute scene & also hot. Lookin forward to see more dating content and thanks for the heads up on how to trigger Miona/Miona, I literally forgot to do the Fairy potion this playthrough, cause I just remembered it being something I didn't love, but now that you wrote it I realized I did not want to do the "use to sell" option for fairy, and the "take fairy potion for fun" part was actually pretty nice.
Btw great design that the potions wear off and it's not "choose 1, can't do the other for the rest of the playthrough"
I'm glad you liked the date you ran into :). That one was actually an early prototype, with later dates (the ones on the main island) being considerably more invovled. So if you liked Jazerhra's, you should definitely seek out the others!

In regards to the F95 thing...I've not been active in the discussion for very long, and haven't made any really bad experience yet, but I saw some threads where things got out of hand for sure. And I saw that, as a Dev, you have to deal with some really unreasonable and improper demands from some players, which certainly are the experiences that stick with you much more than the people who are kind and just write a few lines about how they like your game.
So i totally understand where you are coming from and I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm not a native speaker, tend to be a bit socially awkward & also try to be as unambiguous as possible, which likely ends up making me sound rude even when I don't mean to be.
So no hard feelings whatsoever from me, I'm glad we could find an understanding. :giggle:
I haven't had as much problem with Haven's Port and Left Hand Magic, at least. But I got a lot of grief over some of my previous games. And it tends to leave an impression :-(. And thanks for understanding! (By the way, I had no idea you weren't a native speaker. You're written English is better than like 95% of the actual native speakers I read comments from...)

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
You know what? I'm too busy working on the next Left Hand Magic build to try and make sense of your issue with the pirate job. Even looking over both the guide and the code, I can't make heads or tails of why you thought you needed to reload a ton to avoid M/F content. Here's the section on the Pirate Job(s) from the Patreon Reward walkthrough.
--------

The Wave Mistress/Pirate Job

Note: Once you reach the Resident Reputation level, you can seek employment aboard the Wave Mistress. There are currently 3 sorts of jobs, split into two ‘ranks.’ The lowest rank is available immediately, though it will gain options as you gain Pirate Skill. The next rank, Seawoman, can only be taken after you gain enough Pirate Skill, and pays out based on the formula of (Pirate Skill + Combat Skill) *25. So, the more you do the Pirate Job, the higher the pay will become.

Entertain the Crew: Without skills, you need to earn your keep another way, in exchange for a small amount of pay and on-the-job-training! ‘Service’ the crew’s needs while they are in port to earn that training! This job is split into 4 possible scenes. For each you will receive 50g and +1 point of Pirate Skill.

--Crew Entertainer(Female):Choose to service the female members of the crew. Leads to a Female/Female/Female threesome.

--Crew Entertainer(Male): Choose to service the male members of the crew. Leads to a Bondage scene on the Canon Deck.

--Service the Quartermaster: This requires you already have at least 3 points of Pirate Skill. If you do, this option will appear, leading to you dominating the Quartermaster in a bondage scene. Additional Benefit of +1 Seduction Point.

--Service the First Mate: This requires you already have at least 3 points of Pirate Skill. If you do, this option will appear, leading to you having a sex scene (Titjob and Doggystyle sex) with the First Mate. Additional Benefit of +1 Seduction Point.

Cabin Girl(Nymph): If you sign on as a Cabin Girl in order to learn some skills, you will get one of two scenes. If your BASE(no additions from clothing or title) Nymph Points are higher than your Seductress Points, you will get this scene. Which has a Nymph flavor and unique uniform.

Cabin Girl(Seductress): If you sign on as a Cabin Girl in order to learn some skills, you will get one of two scenes. If your BASE(no additions from clothing or title) Seductress Points are higher than your Nymph Points, you will get this scene. Which has a seductress flavor and unique uniform.

Seawoman: This is the second rank of the Pirate Job. Requiring a minimum Pirate Skill of 5. In this job you actually participate in raids as a full crewmember of the Wave Mistress. There are currently two scenes that will be selected randomly.

--Merchant’s Reward: A merchant that fell afoul of the Empire is very grateful for a being rescued from their clutches…she’s like to show you here appreciation.

--After Raid Party: There’s always a party after a successful raid! And with the Pirates of Haven’s Port…that usually devolves into sex! Leads to a Female/Female/Male threesome. Skippable when you actually get to the threesome part.
-------

I'm glad you liked the date you ran into :). That one was actually an early prototype, with later dates (the ones on the main island) being considerably more invovled. So if you liked Jazerhra's, you should definitely seek out the others!

I haven't had as much problem with Haven's Port and Left Hand Magic, at least. But I got a lot of grief over some of my previous games. And it tends to leave an impression :-(. And thanks for understanding! (By the way, I had no idea you weren't a native speaker. You're written English is better than like 95% of the actual native speakers I read comments from...)
Ohhh, okay, now I feel like I actually know what the problem was. The thing is that the pictures of the threesome result scene show up before the choice. The scene is skippable but the visuals show the player character already sucking the crew mate & below that the actual threesome. It's entirely my fault but I actually didn't bother reading the moment I saw those & just reloaded. In case this is something that shouldn't happen I can make a screenshot & show it, but I feel like it was mostly my brain registering the unwelcome imagery and me just immediately acting on it.
Not saying you should change anything, but maybe it's a bit understandable to you now why I did the reload and thought the stuff was mandatory.
Also I am using the latest version provided on the front page & got the patch you generously provided, replacing the file in the game folder. Maybe I made a mistake there?

Yep the Date I would say was my Highlight so far, partially because of the character trope (dominant character being caring and sweet + futa) but also because it just felt like a big "step-up" from the more generic (which isn't a bad thing) scenes with even the named npcs.

By the way will there be differences to Dates and other more relationship focused scenes depending on stuff like the player character not wooing more than 1 at a time? Or is the game more lenient and the player can go for all those scenes and relationships in 1 playthrough? Personally I do like both approaches, just curiosity.
Going for the other Dates and similar things is actually No. 1 on my list of things I wanna do in this game. I'll probably wait for the next public release though since I need to restart, I ended up raising my stats far too quickly that night in my headless search for a f/f only path instead of waiting for your response. :unsure: Shouldn't have done that since I think I a. clicked through a bunch of non repeatable dialogues and b. also I think the mechanic of having the amount of seduction/nymph points changing the flavor of stuff deserves more attention than I gave it so far. But on the current save they are both far too high (for my immersion) for basically barely having it made to the main Island at the point where I was still carefully reading through everything.

Ohh heck, yeah, Left Hand Magic is also from you, that 1 I really enjoy as well, love the different routes I tried so far. The game looks btw way better than the images on the page give away, at first I was like "hm, yeah, lots of lesbian stuff and maybe a quirky, charming, story" but in the end the visuals were just as good. (Hope it's okay to say that here and not reply in the proper thread).

I'm sorry to hear that the feedback you got at first was so derogatory, it would have been sad had you been deterred from creating more games & develop (as a developer...ha...ha...). I have no doubts making games is pretty hard. Writing is already a challenge, but then write stuff & also have it be interactive, as well as something appealing to a broader audience...yikes. Not a joke. I think it's easy to get carried away though as a player when trying to critique something (which goes both ways I think, at least when I read through the reviews, it's often 5 stars for completely unfinished games or based on solely the fact that the game caters to a niche fetish or 1 star for either a somewhat questionable reason or barely any reason given at all) and easy to forget how disheartening harsh critique can be.
Must admit I certainly fall into that trap a lot of times as well, trying to be objective but ending up sounding as if I'm being sarcastic or nitpicky.

Thanks a lot for saying my english is good, I actually try my best (and use a dictionary whenever in doubt) cause while not making games (not even CYOA text games) I do write fiction for more than half my life, the past years mostly in English, to get the hang of it and because, if I ever do manage to sit down and write something bigger than fanfiction for my own entertainment, I want it to be accessible to people all around the globe. If they then say it's shit - fair enough. But at least those who feel like it can read it without MTL making it's signature poetry out of it beforehand...:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Ohhh, okay, now I feel like I actually know what the problem was. The thing is that the pictures of the threesome result scene show up before the choice. The scene is skippable but the visuals show the player character already sucking the crew mate & below that the actual threesome. It's entirely my fault but I actually didn't bother reading the moment I saw those & just reloaded. In case this is something that shouldn't happen I can make a screenshot & show it, but I feel like it was mostly my brain registering the unwelcome imagery and me just immediately acting on it.
Hmm, I see. I suppose I should probably put the escape clause farther up the scene. It was something put in afterward rather than planned for. I'll see what I can do with it in the next build. Possibly make a more generic first render which allows just bowing out of the party early. Assuming I can find the save file for that scene, it wouldn't take much time away from the actual build. It's an early enough scene that finding such might be a bit of a challenge though...

Also, the Seawoman job itself isn't actually mandatory, just so you know. You can actually just keep doing the lower rank job(s) and gain the same pirate skill. You won't get Combat Skill that way, but that's what the Arena was made for. And you should only need Pirate Skill for entry to the Main Island.

By the way will there be differences to Dates and other more relationship focused scenes depending on stuff like the player character not wooing more than 1 at a time? Or is the game more lenient and the player can go for all those scenes and relationships in 1 playthrough? Personally I do like both approaches, just curiosity.
The game is lenient and allows multiple people to be dated. The way I see it, the entire culture of the Haven Isles lends itself to that. Plus, I didn't want to force people to play multiple times through just to date different characters. That might be reasonable in a VN like Left Hand Magic. But in a Free Roam game like Haven's Port, that just feels like it would be mean of me. ;)

Going for the other Dates and similar things is actually No. 1 on my list of things I wanna do in this game. I'll probably wait for the next public release though since I need to restart, I ended up raising my stats far too quickly that night in my headless search for a f/f only path instead of waiting for your response. :unsure: Shouldn't have done that since I think I a. clicked through a bunch of non repeatable dialogues and b. also I think the mechanic of having the amount of seduction/nymph points changing the flavor of stuff deserves more attention than I gave it so far. But on the current save they are both far too high (for my immersion) for basically barely having it made to the main Island at the point where I was still carefully reading through everything.
The dates are mostly a done thing for now, though I'm intending to add a couple more to Jazerhra at some point. I'm also intending to add at least one more datable character on the Rose Garden island...but that area isn't in the game yet. The island that's currently under development is more Free Use and Transformation themed (It won the poll of which island to be developed first I ran for my patrons). As for Seduction/Nymph changing the nature of things...that doesn't happen often. Not because I don't like the mechanic. More because I'm juggling too many mechanics and not all of them get utilized to the extent they probably deserve to be as a result.

Ohh heck, yeah, Left Hand Magic is also from you, that 1 I really enjoy as well, love the different routes I tried so far. The game looks btw way better than the images on the page give away, at first I was like "hm, yeah, lots of lesbian stuff and maybe a quirky, charming, story" but in the end the visuals were just as good. (Hope it's okay to say that here and not reply in the proper thread).
I'm glad you like Left Hand Magic too! It'll be getting another release in a few days. And I'm pretty proud of the graphics I accomplished with it. They are a big jump up in quality from Haven's Port...and that's not even mentioning the animations :).

I'm sorry to hear that the feedback you got at first was so derogatory, it would have been sad had you been deterred from creating more games & develop (as a developer...ha...ha...). I have no doubts making games is pretty hard. Writing is already a challenge, but then write stuff & also have it be interactive, as well as something appealing to a broader audience...yikes. Not a joke. I think it's easy to get carried away though as a player when trying to critique something (which goes both ways I think, at least when I read through the reviews, it's often 5 stars for completely unfinished games or based on solely the fact that the game caters to a niche fetish or 1 star for either a somewhat questionable reason or barely any reason given at all) and easy to forget how disheartening harsh critique can be.
Must admit I certainly fall into that trap a lot of times as well, trying to be objective but ending up sounding as if I'm being sarcastic or nitpicky.
Yes. It's unfortunately an annoying problem. And those ill-thought-out reviews tend to cause a lot of issues for small developers. I know Haven's Port has suffered some from the fact that the earliest reviews were knee-jerk reactions or people negatively reviewing it because it's not the style they like. Though, the fact that even after two years of development, the game only had four reviews here is depressing all on its own :confused:. A result of those early reviews burying the game in the rankings.

Thanks a lot for saying my english is good, I actually try my best (and use a dictionary whenever in doubt) cause while not making games (not even CYOA text games) I do write fiction for more than half my life, the past years mostly in English, to get the hang of it and because, if I ever do manage to sit down and write something bigger than fanfiction for my own entertainment, I want it to be accessible to people all around the globe. If they then say it's shit - fair enough. But at least those who feel like it can read it without MTL making it's signature poetry out of it beforehand...:ROFLMAO:
Hey, don't knock the fanficiton writing :p. There are several fanfiction authors who are making 3-4x what I am with their patreons. Some of them with questionable writing that makes me cringe...and makes me want to start a fanfiction Patreon in my darker moments, since it would be so much easier than making games.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Hmm, I see. I suppose I should probably put the escape clause farther up the scene. It was something put in afterward rather than planned for. I'll see what I can do with it in the next build. Possibly make a more generic first render which allows just bowing out of the party early. Assuming I can find the save file for that scene, it wouldn't take much time away from the actual build. It's an early enough scene that finding such might be a bit of a challenge though...

Also, the Seawoman job itself isn't actually mandatory, just so you know. You can actually just keep doing the lower rank job(s) and gain the same pirate skill. You won't get Combat Skill that way, but that's what the Arena was made for. And you should only need Pirate Skill for entry to the Main Island.

The game is lenient and allows multiple people to be dated. The way I see it, the entire culture of the Haven Isles lends itself to that. Plus, I didn't want to force people to play multiple times through just to date different characters. That might be reasonable in a VN like Left Hand Magic. But in a Free Roam game like Haven's Port, that just feels like it would be mean of me. ;)

The dates are mostly a done thing for now, though I'm intending to add a couple more to Jazerhra at some point. I'm also intending to add at least one more datable character on the Rose Garden island...but that area isn't in the game yet. The island that's currently under development is more Free Use and Transformation themed (It won the poll of which island to be developed first I ran for my patrons). As for Seduction/Nymph changing the nature of things...that doesn't happen often. Not because I don't like the mechanic. More because I'm juggling too many mechanics and not all of them get utilized to the extent they probably deserve to be as a result.

I'm glad you like Left Hand Magic too! It'll be getting another release in a few days. And I'm pretty proud of the graphics I accomplished with it. They are a big jump up in quality from Haven's Port...and that's not even mentioning the animations :).

Yes. It's unfortunately an annoying problem. And those ill-thought-out reviews tend to cause a lot of issues for small developers. I know Haven's Port has suffered some from the fact that the earliest reviews were knee-jerk reactions or people negatively reviewing it because it's not the style they like. Though, the fact that even after two years of development, the game only had four reviews here is depressing all on its own :confused:. A result of those early reviews burying the game in the rankings.

Hey, don't knock the fanficiton writing :p. There are several fanfiction authors who are making 3-4x what I am with their patreons. Some of them with questionable writing that makes me cringe...and makes me want to start a fanfiction Patreon in my darker moments, since it would be so much easier than making games.
Oh, I see, so next time I could even stick to the f/f/f threesome job as well, good to know! Doing training in the arena to increase fighting seems a good thing, and btw I like that the market job pays reasonably well after a while & also seems to be very f/f interest friendly!

It's a nice thing to be free to just go through whatever dates one enjoys, especially when there isn't too much variation to have when sticking to the jobs without mandatory m/f scenes, which doesn't mean you should add more. Having a path of that sort at all is certainly all one could ask for.

Lookin' forward to the next Left Hand Magic release, I haven't done 2 of the routes yet, cause poly stuff is something I'm not specifically interested in & therefore went with what I _think_ are the more mono oriented paths (mechanic & boss), but it's hard to completely pass on the other 2 npcs, they're too fun to not explore their content.

Jup, the fact the scenes are animated is a big plus as well, especially since they are fluently (in a lack of a better word) brought to life. It doesn't look off or too static. Not sure if I prefer a sandbox element over a strict VN but I don't think so. It usually feels like there's more of a story when it's basically an e-book with visuals. Needless to say I love the fact the game seems to be all f/f stuff so as long as a character seems intriguing enough it's all appealing content, to differing degrees ofc.

I rated Haven's Port, I know it doesn't help much but it's well earned I think. (Despite not having seen it I know now that there is quite a bit more to see already & I think for people who enjoy all types of sexes in scenes there is a big chonk on top of it as well. Gave it 4 stars, which is a pretty high rating on my board, and it might get to 5, it's not a "set in stone" type of review.

My problem with monetizing what I write is kinda that on one hand I am not so sure if it's good enough, I have to apply the same standards I have when criticizing other people's work, and on the other I'd personally feel weird making money off of the creator's art. Not even mentioning the fact there might be legal issues with it, it's just...meh. Even with original characters, new stories etc. it's still me benefiting a lot from having an already pre-build world with characters and plots to explore.
I do feel you, though, it's quite confusing what type of literal cringe crap makes money. I personally would never pay anyone for mediocre to subpar fanfiction stories (I can write those for myself no doubt, then it's at least about something I'm interested in, lol).

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Lookin' forward to the next Left Hand Magic release, I haven't done 2 of the routes yet, cause poly stuff is something I'm not specifically interested in & therefore went with what I _think_ are the more mono oriented paths (mechanic & boss), but it's hard to completely pass on the other 2 npcs, they're too fun to not explore their content.
Hmmm, I actually think Revina (the necromancer/pseudo-lich) is the purest monogamous path. Assuming you don't take her threesome option with Trix, of course, which is completely avoidable. After that, at least currently, I think it's Talia (CEO). Then Trix, then Arianna. Trix has a single scene in Event 1 where her solution results in a trio blowjob with Talia, but no other content like that is planned for her solo route (and technically you can skip that event without consequences if you do someone else's solution). Arianna (the mechanic) actually has multiple encounters with others involved already. So far it's a case of them only watching. But she's very much the least monogamous of all of them, which is only going to get more apparent as her route goes on. A large part of that is the nature of her magic. As a spiritualist, she's going to be constantly shoving disembodied souls into things...

I rated Haven's Port, I know it doesn't help much but it's well earned I think. (Despite not having seen it I know now that there is quite a bit more to see already & I think for people who enjoy all types of sexes in scenes there is a big chonk on top of it as well. Gave it 4 stars, which is a pretty high rating on my board, and it might get to 5, it's not a "set in stone" type of review.
Thanks! And it does help! I appreciate it!

My problem with monetizing what I write is kinda that on one hand I am not so sure if it's good enough, I have to apply the same standards I have when criticizing other people's work, and on the other I'd personally feel weird making money off of the creator's art. Not even mentioning the fact there might be legal issues with it, it's just...meh. Even with original characters, new stories etc. it's still me benefiting a lot from having an already pre-build world with characters and plots to explore.
I do feel you, though, it's quite confusing what type of literal cringe crap makes money. I personally would never pay anyone for mediocre to subpar fanfiction stories (I can write those for myself no doubt, then it's at least about something I'm interested in, lol).
Ah, the constant moral dilemma of creators everywhere. From the legal standpoint, there actually isn't an issue if you go about it right, but that only resolves half the issue. On the other hand...Walt Disney literally made a career (and built one of the largest compies on earth) by writing fanfiction of various old tales ;). Virtually none of the traditional Disney movies were original works, just adaptations of old stories.

Still, everyone who gets into that sort of field at all, such as people making parody games, cosplayers, or even highly skilled fan artists that sell amazing works at conventions, all have to settle where the line is for themselves. It's something a lot of creators wrestle with.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Hmmm, I actually think Revina (the necromancer/pseudo-lich) is the purest monogamous path. Assuming you don't take her threesome option with Trix, of course, which is completely avoidable. After that, at least currently, I think it's Talia (CEO). Then Trix, then Arianna. Trix has a single scene in Event 1 where her solution results in a trio blowjob with Talia, but no other content like that is planned for her solo route (and technically you can skip that event without consequences if you do someone else's solution). Arianna (the mechanic) actually has multiple encounters with others involved already. So far it's a case of them only watching. But she's very much the least monogamous of all of them, which is only going to get more apparent as her route goes on. A large part of that is the nature of her magic. As a spiritualist, she's going to be constantly shoving disembodied souls into things...

Thanks! And it does help! I appreciate it!

Ah, the constant moral dilemma of creators everywhere. From the legal standpoint, there actually isn't an issue if you go about it right, but that only resolves half the issue. On the other hand...Walt Disney literally made a career (and built one of the largest compies on earth) by writing fanfiction of various old tales ;). Virtually none of the traditional Disney movies were original works, just adaptations of old stories.

Still, everyone who gets into that sort of field at all, such as people making parody games, cosplayers, or even highly skilled fan artists that sell amazing works at conventions, all have to settle where the line is for themselves. It's something a lot of creators wrestle with.
Oh, that is interesting, I thought it was always Revina + Trix in a package, so there is actually even more paths than I assumed, great! True, Arianna had scenes with others, and my statement was factually wrong, what I was thinking about was how the interactions between her and the protagonist felt, and it appeared to me as if her romantic interest was focused on her, which, due to the setting and the way you presented things, actually kinda counted for me as a monogamous relationship. Which btw is a compliment, my usual woe with poly stuff in games is that to me it feels as if it's more of a "loose" thing, so to speak.
If that is not how the Arianna path will turn out (by which I don't mean her changing her ways, just that they have a strong, special bond) I am obviously mistaken, and you don't need to comment on it if you don't wanna spoiler anything. I'm more curious than anything, and at the end of day so far every character was definitely on the wholesome end, so it's not as if it would feel as if Arianna is just toying with the protag, even if there's more than 1 actual lover for the mechanic. :D

Happy to help!

Very true, cause it's not as if fanfiction is just copying stuff (at least it shouldn't be). It is a performance in it's own right. And all in all I think many people deserve the money they make of it. Especially since, as you say, a big guy & company like Disney kinda does it by turning folklore etc. into their movies.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Oh, that is interesting, I thought it was always Revina + Trix in a package, so there is actually even more paths than I assumed, great! True, Arianna had scenes with others, and my statement was factually wrong, what I was thinking about was how the interactions between her and the protagonist felt, and it appeared to me as if her romantic interest was focused on her, which, due to the setting and the way you presented things, actually kinda counted for me as a monogamous relationship. Which btw is a compliment, my usual woe with poly stuff in games is that to me it feels as if it's more of a "loose" thing, so to speak.
If that is not how the Arianna path will turn out (by which I don't mean her changing her ways, just that they have a strong, special bond) I am obviously mistaken, and you don't need to comment on it if you don't wanna spoiler anything. I'm more curious than anything, and at the end of day so far every character was definitely on the wholesome end, so it's not as if it would feel as if Arianna is just toying with the protag, even if there's more than 1 actual lover for the mechanic. :D
I won't ruin things with spoilers :). But I've never hidden the fact that there are planned to be a total of 7 routes through Left Hand Magic. Each girl has a 'solo' route, where they are the only girl romanced, even if there are occasional instances like the Talia blowjob in Trix's route. Then, each girl is part of one of two threesome routes. Those routes (Trix+Revina and Talia+Arianna) are considered fully separate routes which will have their own unique content and endings. The 7th route is the only one that currently has no content. It's intended purely as a New Game+ route and will be a Harem option for those that want that sort of thing. As such, it will be the last thing done before I finish the game.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I won't ruin things with spoilers :). But I've never hidden the fact that there are planned to be a total of 7 routes through Left Hand Magic. Each girl has a 'solo' route, where they are the only girl romanced, even if there are occasional instances like the Talia blowjob in Trix's route. Then, each girl is part of one of two threesome routes. Those routes (Trix+Revina and Talia+Arianna) are considered fully separate routes which will have their own unique content and endings. The 7th route is the only one that currently has no content. It's intended purely as a New Game+ route and will be a Harem option for those that want that sort of thing. As such, it will be the last thing done before I finish the game.
Probably for the better, and I will see for myself anyway, there's no way I'm not going to play all (or at least most, there's obviously always a chance I end up feeling as if 1 or 2 of 7 routes just aren't something that gives me a positive feeling at some point) routes sooner or later anyway.

Though I do feel as if I can take away from your response that I am not completely wrong assuming that for Arianna there is a path where her romantic interest is a more or less exclusive thing, just without strict "rules" in regards to getting naughty with other people as well. Now I am either Sherlock Holmes or Kogoro Mori I guess, the time will tell... :ROFLMAO:

If you don't mind me saying this...I personally think it's a bit risky to make routes that demand you play (all?) others beforehand. I'm sure in your game it wouldn't be a real issue for anyone, cause it's not about extreme themes, but still just think it through. Not that I really doubt you would. I just made a very, very unpleasant experience with that sort of structure (maybe you know the game "Monster Sweethearts"?) and it's kind of a red flag to me. Then, again, there the author forced the reader to not only do all routes but also all bad ends to progress and unlock new routes, despite them not being connected really & the stuff (even in some of the good ends) was beyond morbid and gruesome. It was everything from gory to mentally messed up, a lot of abuse towards the player character, but also some of the loveinterests (to the utmost extreme, if you get my meaning) and all of it presented in a rather tasteless way, and the game was just a Otome style VN, and ofc the author(s) hid the fact and kinda sold it as something different than a completely fucked up amalgamation of tasteless depictions of domestic violence of different sorts.

Long story short: Probably worried for no good reason in regards to your story, but still tempted to hide under my bed when reading "new game plus" in a VN. :LOL:

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
If you don't mind me saying this...I personally think it's a bit risky to make routes that demand you play (all?) others beforehand. I'm sure in your game it wouldn't be a real issue for anyone, cause it's not about extreme themes, but still just think it through. Not that I really doubt you would. I just made a very, very unpleasant experience with that sort of structure (maybe you know the game "Monster Sweethearts"?) and it's kind of a red flag to me. Then, again, there the author forced the reader to not only do all routes but also all bad ends to progress and unlock new routes, despite them not being connected really & the stuff (even in some of the good ends) was beyond morbid and gruesome. It was everything from gory to mentally messed up, a lot of abuse towards the player character, but also some of the loveinterests (to the utmost extreme, if you get my meaning) and all of it presented in a rather tasteless way, and the game was just a Otome style VN, and ofc the author(s) hid the fact and kinda sold it as something different than a completely fucked up amalgamation of tasteless depictions of domestic violence of different sorts.

Long story short: Probably worried for no good reason in regards to your story, but still tempted to hide under my bed when reading "new game plus" in a VN. :LOL:
So, two things to reassure you. First...my games don't have 'Bad Ends.' Ever. I hate that sort of thing with a passion. The closest thing to that in Left Hand Magic is just not having enough points with anyone to move on and the game just tells you, 'Oops, you should probably try that again without splitting your attention quite so much.' There aren't any Bad Ends either in or planned for Haven's Port either. There were no Bad Ends in Chastity Quest...or any of my other games either. It just plain, flat-out, won't ever occur in my games. I hate those sorts of ending and I'm the sole developer, so I get to say 'screw that, I'm not making them.'

Second. I'm actually not sure where you even got the idea you'd need to do all routes? While the Harem route is planned for a New Game+, I actually haven't decided yet on if I'm going to require you to do all of the routes, or just reach a single ending, in order to unlock the New Game+ feature. It's far enough in the future that I haven't felt the need to make a final call on that yet. And, to be honest, the most likely thing for me to do is to simply put it up for voting by my patrons. Since I don't have strong feelings about it either way. It's the sort of creative decision that I prefer to get feedback on, to see which way people would like it to work.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
So, two things to reassure you. First...my games don't have 'Bad Ends.' Ever. I hate that sort of thing with a passion. The closest thing to that in Left Hand Magic is just not having enough points with anyone to move on and the game just tells you, 'Oops, you should probably try that again without splitting your attention quite so much.' There aren't any Bad Ends either in or planned for Haven's Port either. There were no Bad Ends in Chastity Quest...or any of my other games either. It just plain, flat-out, won't ever occur in my games. I hate those sorts of ending and I'm the sole developer, so I get to say 'screw that, I'm not making them.'

Second. I'm actually not sure where you even got the idea you'd need to do all routes? While the Harem route is planned for a New Game+, I actually haven't decided yet on if I'm going to require you to do all of the routes, or just reach a single ending, in order to unlock the New Game+ feature. It's far enough in the future that I haven't felt the need to make a final call on that yet. And, to be honest, the most likely thing for me to do is to simply put it up for voting by my patrons. Since I don't have strong feelings about it either way. It's the sort of creative decision that I prefer to get feedback on, to see which way people would like it to work.
Perfectly fair & thanks, I like both the absence of actual 'Bad Ends' (in my humble opinion that sort of stuff literally doesn't add anything to a VN (or similarly structured games) except limiting the options for roleplay, at least most of the times.
(Of course I exclude the games where the 'Bad Ends' are actually more like a variety of spicy endings for the protagonist to reach, like some of the stuff in Trials in Tainted Space (as an example), where the 'Bad Ends' also include what many would probably consider to be more of 'alternative' good ends that just mean you won't continue with your main task anymore.)

I again managed to be a bit unclear, I did not mean to say that I think you'll go the "see all endings to unlock the final route", I wanted to express that I have my fair share of worries with that sort of feature, based on the experience I described, which was unpleasant to say the least.
I thought it was apparent I said that I do not think it would be a problem in your game, if you even decide to do it that way. Your game isn't an edgy horror story that takes itself way, way too serious & thinks it's far more than a simple Otome game with gore.

The idea to ask your patreon subs is also good, imho, and that's most certainly a better feedback than asking here. :p
I can't imagine any significant number of people would mind playing through at least 1 route before getting to the full-on harem stuff, and I'd think that most wouldn't mind doing all of them either? I mean the characters are varied and have their own quirks, personalities and "shticks", but I think at the end of day their content (what I saw so far) is similar enough at a baseline to not be off-putting if one already likes the general premise of the game(?)
But I might be wrong, of course, I can't read minds. :giggle:

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

jccb89

Jan 30, 2018
I have run into an issue in my main playthrough save. I have pirate level at 53 and fight at 46. I have talked to the fight coordinator several times but was never offered to become a member of the fleet. I tried to find the fleet commander and after wasting several fairy potions on meeting her, I still haven't been offered to be a member of the fleet. But I have Fleet Member unlocked as a title. But if I choose it and try to go back to the game, it just keeps reloading the screen saying Title Set. Has anyone run into a problem like this, and if so any suggestions on how to fix it?

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
I have run into an issue in my main playthrough save. I have pirate level at 53 and fight at 46. I have talked to the fight coordinator several times but was never offered to become a member of the fleet. I tried to find the fleet commander and after wasting several fairy potions on meeting her, I still haven't been offered to be a member of the fleet. But I have Fleet Member unlocked as a title. But if I choose it and try to go back to the game, it just keeps reloading the screen saying Title Set. Has anyone run into a problem like this, and if so any suggestions on how to fix it?
...That's a whole lot of mixed information. If you already have the Fleet Member title, then you've already done the joining the fleet content. Literally the only way to get that variable set to active is to complete the training with the Guildmistress. Which means I'm very very confused what you're trying to accomplish here?

The only two things I can offer you are these:

1) The Title Set for Fleet Member was bugged at one point. I don't remember if that has been fixed in the public release, though I know it is in the current patron release (which will become the public release in less than a week). I forgot to add a menu tag to the title set, so it got you stuck unable to return to the main game if you tried to set it to active. Frankly, it was a non-critical bug, since you don't need to set the title to active. Once you have it, you're a member of the fleet all the time, not just when it's set, setting it only affects your bonuses.

2) Literally the only way I can see your save getting screwed up badly enough to have the Fleet Member title active without actually going through the training is if, at some point when moving between versions, you forgot to use the Update Your Save feature. Not doing that with an old save in a new version of the game can create a whole dogpile of issues that are, frankly, unfixable once you save them in place. You'd need to revert to an untouched save from the older build, run the save update feature, and go from there.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 10 Votes