NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
A possible bug that I noticed; in Rose Haven, working as an Futa Rose Girl; you can continue working as many times without the day ending. (I continued over 20+ times without the day ending on a single potion effects.)

Update: It caused the day to end, when I left the Rose Haven.

I also noticed if you enter the pet shop with the futa potion effects, it knocks you out of that effect, but the magic shop still considers you under that effect (this of uneven futa effect will last until you remove the effect at the magic shop).

Brothel, minor spelling error: " You are now trained to do Secution Based Submission Shifts at the Brothel "
Sorry about it taking so long to respond. Thanks for the bug reports! I'm doing bugfix for Build 14 right now, as it happens. Fixed the Rose Haven thing. And I think I fixed the pet shop error as well. Less sure about that one. The futa effect is a bit of a mess, code wise, so it's been constantly causing me issues since I introduced it >_<. Fixed the minor spelling bit as well. All fixes will only show up in new releases, though.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Merc Camp 1.png Merc Camp Female.png Slaver Dock Raid 4 - Female.png Slaver Dock Raid 4 Male.png Expert hunt 4.png Expert hunt 6.png Chastity Rose Acoylyte 2.png Chastity Rose Acoylyte 3.png Phase Fairy 4.png Market Chastity Caged 1.png

Rejoice! For the Patron release of Build 14 is here...which also means that the public release of Build 13 is also here!

Build 13 Links:

Compressed Version

Full Version

Haven's Port Build 13 Release Notes

This build is all about getting a start on more Faction content. Per voting, the Order of the Rose faction got attention first. It got 11 scenes, plus some variants, that cover becoming an Acolyte and the jobs you can take after doing so. The additional three scenes of the build are all expansions for the Main Island Futa transformation since content for such was more than a little thin. Things that were added are:

A New Character: Ryoia the Mistress of Acolytes. Right now she only serves as a trainer and job giver. In the future she'll get at least some chats and a few additional scenes

Become an Acolyte: Becoming an Acolyte of the Order of the Rose gives you access to more exotic jobs...as well as the ability to work on various higher-end contracts for the Order. More than just a sex worker, by becoming an Acolyte, the main character also becomes a companion, entertainer, and counselor.

Expansion of Futa Content: In addition to three general futa scenes on the main isle, the Acolyte content also has some support for futa scenes! Not a lot yet, but at least some...which technically makes 5 futa scenes for this build. Over a third of the build, technically! We were due for some expansion with the transformation aspect of the game and this was one area that really needed some bulking up.

Build 14 Release Notes:

Build 14 primarily focuses on building up the Fleet Faction. It adds a similar level of Faction content to what Build 13 added for The Order of the Rose, a full dozen scenes, some of them quite long and all of them repeatable to some level or another. The other 4 scenes of the build, per patron voting, focused on adding a few more Chastity Scenes.

Fleet Faction: Unlike the Order of the Rose, the Fleet Faction is made up of three separate branches. The Adventurer's Guild, The Raid Fleet, and the Espionage Service. Each of them now have their own locations and their own leaders!

The Adventurer's Guild: Specialized in monster subjugation, this is one of the riskiest occupations on the Isles. Adventures go into danger knowing that monsters won't kill them, do to a Blessing on them...but that they might do...other things, if the adventurers lose their fights. Don't worry, running away is always an option!

The Raid Fleet: Responsible for guarding the waters around the Isles, as well as attacking ships identified by the Espionage Service as enemy vessels, the crews of these ships work hard and party harder.

The Espionage Service: Made up of those willing to...make use of their natural assets to acquire information...the espionage services wheedles information out of nobles, makes contact with information brokers, and more. All in the service of the Isles. It takes a certain type of person to be okay with everything they need to do, though...

New Chastity Content - The Market - You can now wander the Market on the Main Island while in chastity, triggering two new possible scenes.

New Chastity Content - Rose Aclyote - Some new opportunities for a Rose Acolyte who has found themselves stuck in chastity for whatever reason, have appeared!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Oxiton and sava75

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
The Rosegirl one...probably going to have to come up with an alternative scene there, which probably means not in the upcoming build. But I'll make a note to add something in the long run, as I did always intend this game to be playable pure lesbian if people wanted to.
Is this sentiment still true?
I tried the latest build and continuing as a rosegirl still requires a threesome with a guy. I get that it's technically possible to continue with other activities as a lesbian but it's really disheartening that both main starting activities are locked out to me.

Kamimile

Aug 27, 2020
When I want to download version 14... on the download site it tells me it's version 13... is it an error or what?

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Is this sentiment still true?
I tried the latest build and continuing as a rosegirl still requires a threesome with a guy. I get that it's technically possible to continue with other activities as a lesbian but it's really disheartening that both main starting activities are locked out to me.
The sentiment of being able to play pure lesbian is still accurate. Though I decided against making a rosegirl alternate. Frankly, the Rosegirl path is intended to be one, in-universe, where they accept and service all types. Hence it, in reflection, actually didn't make sense to remove the requirement.

I'm not sure what you mean about the early activities being locked to you. While you can't go all the way through all options in the Rosegirl set, and would obviously avoid the Gloryhole, there should be work available to you via the Magic Shop, the Pet Shop and Jolly Rodger Tavern. And quite a few female-only non-work scenes. The path to getting to the Main Island via only lesbian options is also open via the Wavemistress route instead of going through the Rose Haven.

Is the Build 14 Release available for download now?
Build 14 is currently patron-only.

umm how to i launch the game :KEK:
View attachment 1743458
You're one directory too deep there. One directory up from that one there should be a file labeled Haven's Port.html or index.html, depending on the version. You want to launch that, it will open in your default browser. Or, if you want it open in another browser, you can right click on Haven's Port.html and choose 'open with.'

When I want to download version 14... on the download site it tells me it's version 13... is it an error or what?
Build 14 is currently patron-only.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
I'm not sure what you mean about the early activities being locked to you. While you can't go all the way through all options in the Rosegirl set, and would obviously avoid the Gloryhole, there should be work available to you via the Magic Shop, the Pet Shop and Jolly Rodger Tavern. And quite a few female-only non-work scenes. The path to getting to the Main Island via only lesbian options is also open via the Wavemistress route instead of going through the Rose Haven.
I mean that both main stat-raising options presented to you as soon as you start the game, Rosegirl and gloryhole, are impossible to finish. I can get started as a rosegirl but then have no choice but to abandon that. If this is the amount of care you have for a lesbian player then this game goes from "lesbian friendly" to "yeah, I guess it's technically possible while missing out on tons of content". Not nearly as interesting. It's fine if that's what you want to do but when I see a dev express interest in adding options for lesbian players I assume they want us to have a bit more of an equal experience. If that's not the case I'd like it to be clearer so I don't have higher hopes than I should.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
I mean that both main stat-raising options presented to you as soon as you start the game, Rosegirl and gloryhole, are impossible to finish. I can get started as a rosegirl but then have no choice but to abandon that. If this is the amount of care you have for a lesbian player then this game goes from "lesbian friendly" to "yeah, I guess it's technically possible while missing out on tons of content". Not nearly as interesting. It's fine if that's what you want to do but when I see a dev express interest in adding options for lesbian players I assume they want us to have a bit more of an equal experience. If that's not the case I'd like it to be clearer so I don't have higher hopes than I should.
Okay, I admit I was confused when I first read this. Confused enough that I dug into the early game to try and figure out what you were talking about. I think I understand, now. Are you saying that it is difficult to earn Nymph and Seductress points right at the beginning of the game, if you're playing pure lesbian? Looking at the early game content, I think I can see that being an issue, though I haven't gone over each scene to see how much so it is. A lot of the female-female scenes that earn points are part of random chance sets. If that is the problem it's very much unintentional. I hadn't actually realized that might be the case until I started trying to figure out what you were talking about. I know it isn't the case later in the game, since there's actually a significant bias toward lesbian encounters throughout the rest of the game. Mostly due to patron voting favoring F/F or Futa/Female content. In example, there's literally only one dateable male in the game, two dateable Futas (one of which is under developed currently), and three dateable female characters. Likewise, the more detailed repeat side-characters, such as Amber, the Jolly Rodger Bartender, Captain Temlin and Lyra, are pretty much all female.

If this issue is what you were having issues with, then it's absolutely something I can fix. The next Patron Build, Build 15, is actually intended to finish out the Port and Main island content (for the most part). So it would be a good time to add or adjust a few of the early game scenes to fix the bottle neck.

• Hey there
Reactions: Orphanus and sava75

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
If the game really is as biased toward lesbian encounters as you say then that bias is really not present early on. It's in fact the opposite.
Gloryhole is not even an option at all.
At the bar the most well paid shift is Menu+, which has you sucking everyone's dicks.
Even the Haven of the Rose starts out really badly with the only option being dacing for a guy and havimg him finish himself off until you can choose to do massages for female clients. Only to be unable to continue with them anyway.
I haven't progressed past becoming a resident but all of this made me discouraged and about ready to write this game off as another one where playing as a lesbian is just accidental rather than a worthwhile way to play.

Which is why I am now really confused. In that post of yours that I quoted you said that being a rosegirl unocks a lot of content later and expressed that you want lesbians to enjoy the game as well. Yet when I asked you said rosegirl will remain off limits.
If this game is as packed with lesbian possibilities later on as you say then the early parts of the game and your communication as a dev tell a different, slightly confusing story.
Once again, you can make whetever game you want with whatever content, bias or direction you want. I'm not one to ask for games to change to fit my tastes. I just get a little annoyed when the messaging outside doesn't fit the content inside the game.
If all you've said right now is true, then I might continue playing and following this game after all. I just don't want to have the wrong idea about what the game can offer me.

Last edited:

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
If the game really is as biased toward lesbian encounters as you say then that bias is really not present early on. It's in fact the opposite.
Gloryhole is not even an option at all.
At the bar the most well paid shift is Menu+, which has you sucking everyone's dicks.
Even the Haven of the Rose starts out really badly with the only option being dacing for a guy and havimg him finish himself off until you can choose to do massages for female clients. Only to be unable to continue with them anyway.
I haven't progressed past becoming a resident but all of this made me discouraged and about ready to write this game off as another one where playing as a lesbian is just accidental rather than a worthwhile way to play.

Which is why I am now really confused. In that post of yours that I quoted you said that being a rosegirl unocks a lot of content later and expressed that you want lesbians to enjoy the game as well. Yet when I asked you said rosegirl will remain off limits.
If this game is as packed with lesbian possibilities later on as you say then the early parts of the game and your communication as a dev tell a different, slightly confusing story.
Once again, you can make whetever game you want with whatever content, bias or direction you want. I'm not one to ask for games to change to fit my tastes. I just get a little annoyed when the messaging outside doesn't fit the content inside the game.
If all you've said right now is true, then I might continue playing and following this game after all. I just don't want to have the wrong idea about what the game can offer me.
First - The early game is a literal 40/40/10 split. During the first few builds of the game, I very literally made that split in scene count happen, as I didn't know what people would want more. So the early game, 40% of all scenes are F/F, 40% are F/M, and 10% are Female/Futa. Most of the Pet Shop scenes are F/F or Neutral. Some of the Magic Shop events are F/F as well. There may be an imbalance in the scenes that provide path point rewards and gold. But there's no imbalance in the total number of scenes, since during those early builds I literally made them 1 for 1. One F/F for every F/M scene. Yes, this means that, if you're playing purely lesbian, you only have access to 40% of the total scene count in the early game. That's how it works when you try to provide equal options (along with having the third set in the futa/female scenes).

Again, there might be a bias for jobs or point-earning early game scenes. I don't know, I was primarily worried with maintaining an even content split at that time and may have overlooked there being too few F/F options for earning gold or earning points. If that is an issue, it was accidental and will likely be corrected if I can confirm that the issue is real (You seem overly focused on just two of the initial areas, where I know that some of the F/F is outside those areas). I'm going to have to look that over carefully to see. The most likely method of fixing it would be to remove some of the randomness, while adding a couple of additional scenes. Such as making another Menu+ option for the Jolly Rodger and allowing the choice of client gender for the Pet Shop. There are already both gender results for the petshop, but it's currently randomized as it's supposed to be a submissive experience, and removing the choice of the character was done in support of that experience.

I do know that the percentages drift later in the game to be probably something more like a 50/30/20 (F/F, F/M, F/Futa) split, as I got feedback on what people wanted most to see. F/M just wasn't/isn't as popular and thus started to appear less often. I continue to make sure it's available, but there's more F/F content than F/M by a significant amount.

Second - The above splits are intentional. This was meant to, from the beginning, be a game for as broad an audience as possible. Logically, playing only F/F is going to restrict you from some of the content. Since this isn't a game where you HAVE to play as a lesbian, then there has to be as much content for the other possibilities. There's nothing to be done about that. I'm not going to shut out everyone else to only focus on one type of content. This is a game for everyone, or at least as close to everyone as I can make happen without delving into content types I'm completely uninterested in. If you want a game with nearly pure lesbian content, try my newer game Left Hand Magic. There's a single futa, but otherwise the cast is all female. Though the game is still early in development and more of a traditional VN, rather than an open-world game like Haven's Port.

Third - Rosegirl content represents only one of two major factions in the game. That faction, The Order of the Rose, believes in serving all equally. It's literally a fundamental piece of the game's lore and backstory. The other faction, The Fleet Faction (made up of the Pirate Fleet, Adventurer's Guild, and Espionage Service) doesn't work in the same way and doesn't have the same bottleneck. Likewise, the Faction Neutral events are generally a rough 40/40/10 split throughout the game, to the best of my ability. Given that there are well over 200 events at this point, that still means there is plenty of content for pure F/F players. Yes, you will be locked out of a significant chunk of the game. That's how it works when the game tried to be equally accessible for most types of players.

I'm not sure how any of this is confusing, so I tried to outline everything above in as explicit detail as I could. I was always clear that it was possible to play F/F the entire game. It's not intended to be hard to do so, either. So if it is, that needs to be corrected. But choosing to do that is always going to shut you out of 50-60% of the game's content, since there still needs to be full support for choosing other paths.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
We seem to be talking past each other a bit instead of with each other. You insist on points I never had an issue with.
So let me try to be at least somewhat concise and as clear as possible:

-You're very insintent on percentage splits. If they're true, yay woohoo nice. But I never complained about that. I have no problem with missing some parts of the game. Obviously. I never said or implied I needed to have everything for it be fair.
-As I said, I haven't progressed past becoming a resident. With how much I've played, I don't seem to have hit the cut off point for what you consider "early game". You're talking about a Fleet faction and a pet shop I don't know about. So everything I say only counts for the earliest portion of the game before any of that.
-My initial impression: for that portion of the game, playing the way I do seemed discouraged. For the reasons I outlined previously, I felt that I was exploiting the game rather than progressing in an intended manner. With the options given to me up to that point it seemed I wouldn't get much of anything, being locked out of the 2 main activities that have visible progress to be made, rosegirl and gloryhole. I was only using repeatable events to get anywhere. I guess if you were to change anything in your game this would be it because of the impression it gives.
-I'm not asking you to change your faction's lore. Or functionality. I'm bringing up rosegirl so much because of my previous and my next point.
-Confusion: In your comment from months ago you made a big deal out of rosegirl and how much content was locked behind that particular faction and expressed specifically for the sake of lesbianism that you might change it or give another option. Which is why when you say that it will remain off limits to a player like me, my impression that there isn't much for me to do in the game is further reinforced. With your adamance that you want us to have options as well, I get confused.
I guess I could ask how much of that 50 from 50/30/20 necessitates having that one threesome. But it doesn't matter anyway if

there is plenty of content for pure F/F players.
Then my initial impression was incorrect. And that's all I needed to know from the start. I just didn't know it from the start because of "game's beginning + previous messaging".

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
We seem to be talking past each other a bit instead of with each other. You insist on points I never had an issue with.
So let me try to be at least somewhat concise and as clear as possible:

-You're very insintent on percentage splits. If they're true, yay woohoo nice. But I never complained about that. I have no problem with missing some parts of the game. Obviously. I never said or implied I needed to have everything for it be fair.
-As I said, I haven't progressed past becoming a resident. With how much I've played, I don't seem to have hit the cut off point for what you consider "early game". You're talking about a Fleet faction and a pet shop I don't know about. So everything I say only counts for the earliest portion of the game before any of that.
-My initial impression: for that portion of the game, playing the way I do seemed discouraged. For the reasons I outlined previously, I felt that I was exploiting the game rather than progressing in an intended manner. With the options given to me up to that point it seemed I wouldn't get much of anything, being locked out of the 2 main activities that have visible progress to be made, rosegirl and gloryhole. I was only using repeatable events to get anywhere. I guess if you were to change anything in your game this would be it because of the impression it gives.
-I'm not asking you to change your faction's lore. Or functionality. I'm bringing up rosegirl so much because of my previous and my next point.
-Confusion: In your comment from months ago you made a big deal out of rosegirl and how much content was locked behind that particular faction and expressed specifically for the sake of lesbianism that you might change it or give another option. Which is why when you say that it will remain off limits to a player like me, my impression that there isn't much for me to do in the game is further reinforced. With your adamance that you want us to have options as well, I get confused.
I guess I could ask how much of that 50 from 50/30/20 necessitates having that one threesome. But it doesn't matter anyway if

Then my initial impression was incorrect. And that's all I needed to know from the start. I just didn't know it from the start because of "game's beginning + previous messaging".
Hmmm, okay. So having taken a bit to relook at the earliest pre-resident portion of the game, I can see where I might need to add a couple of lesbian scenes. Probably the mentioned expansion to the Jolly Rodger, as well as maybe making another option accessible earlier. Not sure exactly what to do there, but I can see the issue.

On the other hand, if you've advanced even as far as Resident level (the first reputation upgrade), I'm very confused why you don't know about the Pet Shop. The Pet Shop, The Wave Mistress, and the new set of Accommodations are the primary unlocks for the Resident Level. Both the Pet Shop and the Wave Mistress should add significant amounts of additional F/F content. I will also note that the Glory Hole is not a 'primary' location. It's basically an early game throwaway that barely sees any use past the starting few days on the island. I'm very unsure why you seem to have the perception that it's one of the main areas. The main three starting areas were/are supposed to be the Jolly Rodger, the Magic Shop, and the Rose Haven, with expansion to the Wave Mistress and Pet Shop at Resident Reputation. Then, at the next reputation level, the Main Island opens up, which is also where the game kinda opens up content-wise. The Port Island, which you seem not to have ever left, is basically the prologue and tutorial area.

As regards to the nearly year-old comment, I think you're talking about the one I made in July of Last year? You seem to have developed some sort of weird notion based on that. I made that comment because, at the time, I had just started developing the Main Island, and the majority of the NEW content for that release was based around the Rose Brothel. As a result, at that time, a decently sizable chunk of the content for the main island was gated behind the Rose Haven/Rose Brothel quest chain. That hasn't been the case in quite a long time. That was, I think, only Build 9, of the game. The Patron release is now on Build 14. And pretty much all of those builds were focused on expanding the Main Island. Very little has been added to the Port Island, since it's supposed to be basically the early-game starter area. Back in Build 9 I hadn't even introduced the dating system yet, nor could you visit the Black Flag, the Arena, and the Market had very little content. As such, I was warning that trying to avoid the Rose Haven content at that time, would have locked you out of a fair bit of the content that had just been released at that time.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Hmmm, okay. So having taken a bit to relook at the earliest pre-resident portion of the game, I can see where I might need to add a couple of lesbian scenes. Probably the mentioned expansion to the Jolly Rodger, as well as maybe making another option accessible earlier. Not sure exactly what to do there, but I can see the issue.
It would be really cool if you'd maybe add a tad more to the pure lesbian route there in terms of gaining points, after reading the entire discussion between you two, though, I find myself encouraged to not wait for another 1 or 2 versions but instead try out your game for real this weekend (playing till I reach later stages of it and not give up during the prologue).

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
The sentiment of being able to play pure lesbian is still accurate. Though I decided against making a rosegirl alternate. Frankly, the Rosegirl path is intended to be one, in-universe, where they accept and service all types. Hence it, in reflection, actually didn't make sense to remove the requirement.

After playing the game for a while now I can't help but come back to this specific thing because I feel as if there is an in-game argument to make for the opposite as well.
I do, however, not want to say that you have to change it, just would like for you to consider this for a moment: It's said that the Order of the Wild Rose is all about freedom,
why does that not include the freedom to live by your orientation? It seems kinda very much the opposite if you demand of your members to let anyone get intimate with them.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: NoStepOnSnek

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Kinda confused, to become a Resident you have to attend the party of 1 of the pirate captains. The bartender specifically states that having sex with her is not necessarily required, but the game still forces it upon the player nevertheless. Not gonna lie, that kinda hampered my enjoyment of the game quite a bit, not becoming a resident isn't really an option. The writing is good, though, and the visuals are enjoyable. Not a bad game by any means, but probably not for me if progressing is locked behind an unavoidable sex scene that should be avoidable to begin with, according to the game.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Kinda confused, to become a Resident you have to attend the party of 1 of the pirate captains. The bartender specifically states that having sex with her is not necessarily required, but the game still forces it upon the player nevertheless. Not gonna lie, that kinda hampered my enjoyment of the game quite a bit, not becoming a resident isn't really an option. The writing is good, though, and the visuals are enjoyable. Not a bad game by any means, but probably not for me if progressing is locked behind an unavoidable sex scene that should be avoidable to begin with, according to the game.
Hmmm, there was intended to be an option not to have sex with her (basically just a simple scene bypass). It's possible it's currently bugged or got deleted somehow at some point. Thanks for bringing this up. I didn't know it wasn't working/isn't there, so I couldn't fix it. I'll see about sneaking a fix for that into the next build, as it's not intended for it to force you. Aside from places where you're explicitly warned of risk, I try to avoid ever having any forced encounters in my games. So I'll look into it!

Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Hmmm, there was intended to be an option not to have sex with her (basically just a simple scene bypass). It's possible it's currently bugged or got deleted somehow at some point. Thanks for bringing this up. I didn't know it wasn't working/isn't there, so I couldn't fix it. I'll see about sneaking a fix for that into the next build, as it's not intended for it to force you. Aside from places where you're explicitly warned of risk, I try to avoid ever having any forced encounters in my games. So I'll look into it!
Thanks a lot, that would really help at least me, and I hope that it's something a lot of other players can appreciate as well. It's really nice you're looking into it and had intended for that to be avoidable to begin with.

Reactions: NovusPeregrine
3.50 star(s) 10 Votes