Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
I don't really mind them being here. They are so easy to access in a TWINE game that I can't really stop it without disabling them. But if they end up in the main post, I will flat-out disable them in the Public Builds going forward. They are supposed to be a Patron reward. People can at least take the thirty seconds needed to search the thread for them to at least consider maybe being a supporter...
To be perfectly honest, it doesn't matter either way.

If someone supports you on this site, it's because they want to not because you sold them on it by paywalling a feature that's less useful than their F12 key or SugarCube editor of choice.

DisturbedMan

Feb 5, 2018
...yes? It's an HTML game. Just like every other TWINE game in existence. Open the html file and it will open the game in your default browser.
There is a way to pack your game into an executable.
But first, you have to reduce the size of your game, otherwise it may take an eternity.

Last edited:

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
I understand. Let me ask: do you have a SubscribeStar page? if you do, than I can support you since that's the only way in my country, since the Gov banned Patreon thanks to shady people and some scams. (btw DM me plz, it is better than posting here and than have mods remove the replies XD)
Unfortunately, no. Back when I first made my Patreon, Subscribestar didn't allow adult content at all. It looks like that has changed and they are actually more permissive of it than Patreon now. Given I wasn't aware Patreon was banned in some countries, I might have to look into it as an alternative for people.

Damn, that's pretty impressive. I've seen very few twine games with more passages and text (The Company is just insane: over 1700 passages and 125,000+ lines of code, though a good portion of that is just scene text split over multiple lines.) so major props to you for pushing the engine so hard. I occasionally mod Twine games so it's always interesting to learn about just what the engine is capable of.
:) Thanks. I'll probably hit at least a thousand by the time I finish...and I actually avoid splitting scenes over too many passages if I can, since it tends to cause more problems than it solves. I love the TWINE engine for its simplicity, but it's reallllly not designed for games that get beyond a certain size or complexity.

To be perfectly honest, it doesn't matter either way.

If someone supports you on this site, it's because they want to not because you sold them on it by paywalling a feature that's less useful than their F12 key or SugarCube editor of choice.
*shrug* That's not really true, I'm afraid. It's a nice idea, but I tried running my Patreon on a tips model once and lost 2/3rds of my supporters. I did say I don't really mind the cheats leaking in the thread since it's so easy to get them from a TWINE game. Honestly, the other rewards I provide are all more important than the cheats. Though I will note that I will not support anyone that tries to cheat using an editor. Not because I care...but because the variables for the game are complex enough at this point that editing anything beyond the Money and Path Scores manually would be a terrible idea. I don't use anything beyond the cheats even when testing my own new builds, because even knowing what everything does, it would still be a terrible idea.

There is a way to pack your game into an executable.
But first, you have to reduce the size of your game, otherwise it may take an eternity.
-_-. Right. Because reducing a 280 scene, 1800 HD renders game farther than the less-than-a-gig it already is, is such a good idea. Not. Besides, why would I want to make it an executable? That's just silly.

I met Miona as a fairy and in the baths but how do I romance her now?
The next step is to find her alone in the baths and rescue her from some overly pushy admirers, if I understand where you are in her story correctly. After that you'll be able to use the option to seek her out for any farther romancing, to make it less annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hargan2

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
That's quite the jump from anything I said.
...No it isn't? You claimed it 'doesn't matter either way.' I pointed out that, in my experience, it very much does matter. People, being people, rarely offer support without a reason. I don't blame them for it. Few people, including myself, are often in a position that they can throw money at strangers out of nothing but goodwill. But it does mean that it does matter, even something like TWINE cheats, since not everyone is technically savvy enough to know how to retrieve them.

Even so, I also stated in the same paragraph that the cheats were pretty much the least important of the rewards I offer. (In addition to the game releases, cheats, and guide, I also provide 2 monthly short stories and a Mixed Media short every month. Along with Polls that help Patrons take part in shaping content.) Just because you cherry-picked the bit you quoted back doesn't make what I said was a huge jump of some kind. If that had been all I said, it might have been. But in the context I said it, it was not.

Last edited:

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
...No it isn't? You claimed it 'doesn't matter either way.' I pointed out that, in my experience, it very much does matter. People, being people, rarely offer support without a reason. I don't blame them for it. Few people, including myself, are often in a position that they can throw money at strangers out of nothing but goodwill. But it does mean that it does matter, even something like TWINE cheats, since not everyone is technically savvy enough to know how to retrieve them.

Even so, I also stated in the same paragraph that the cheats were pretty much the least important of the rewards I offer. (In addition to the game releases, cheats, and guide, I also provide 2 monthly short stories and a Mixed Media short every month. Along with Polls that help Patrons take part in shaping content.) Just because you cherry-picked the bit you quoted back doesn't make what I said was a huge jump of some kind. If that had been all I said, it might have been. But in the context I said it, it was not.
I didn't cherry pick, I chose not to quote the parts that were an unrelated tangent to what I had said.

Mentioning other incentives and generalizations is irrelevant to everything I said, I'm specifically discussing pirates on this site and the impact of a cheat incentive for them. Nothing more and nothing less.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
I didn't cherry pick, I chose not to quote the parts that were an unrelated tangent to what I had said.

Mentioning other incentives and generalizations is irrelevant to everything I said, I'm specifically discussing pirates on this site and the impact of a cheat incentive for them. Nothing more and nothing less.
Whatever makes you feel like you 'won' a pointless conversation on the internet I guess?

Reactions: sava75

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Whatever makes you feel like you 'won' a pointless conversation on the internet I guess?
You specifically said, and I quote:
People can at least take the thirty seconds needed to search the thread for them to at least consider maybe being a supporter...
To which I pointed out that pirates on this site will not choose to support you because of irrelevant cheat access, they'll do it because they want to.

Then you made a wild tangent about overall supporters, your other incentives (while repeatedly minimizing the emphasis on cheats, which contradicts your whole point), and even your monetization method, none of which are remotely relevant to a single thing I said.

You are having a completely different conversation from the one I'm having.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Merchant Princess Core.png Glory Addon Futa 1.png Pony Expansion 5.png Merchant Princess Art Studio 5.png Maid Cafe 5.png Sexy Adventurer Shop 5.png Merchan Princess Epilouge 7.png Jazer Massage Date 4 Futa.png Lexie Futa MC Mare Date 5.png

It's that time again! I released Haven's Port Build 21 for my $5+ Patrons yesterday (technically, very very early this morning). There was a small delay due to the Build getting away from me a bit in sheer size. But that's mostly a good thing, in the long run. Of course, with the release of a new Patron build, I've also released the previous Build 20 Free to the Public!

Build 21 introduces the first 'Ending/Epilogue' content to the game. Since this is a free-roam style game, the 'endings' don't actually prevent you from continuing to play, but they do sort of wrap up the story and show different ways that the character could go if the became one thing or another. In this case, the first ending is one of the Faction-neutral endings, with the player character able to invest in businesses around the isles, gaining the title The Merchant Princess. This ending made up a bit over half of the new build content. The other half was dedicated to wrapping up Date content for several characters. Chiefly Jazerhra the Orc owner of the Magic Shop, and Lexie the Centauress Alchemist on Jerta Isle. Though Akari and Fiona also got an additional date each.

Build 20, on the other hand, was an even larger build. It built a lot more content into Rose Garden, including a new player home and new dates for most of the game's Lovers. The Build also added all three of the remaining Patron Spirits that hadn't made it into the game yet. Including the Orc Tribe Patron on Jerta. More details on both builds can be found in their respective release notes.

-----
Download/Play Links for Build 20 Public:

Web Release:

Downloadable Version:

-------

Release Notes for Build 20:

Release Notes for Build 21:

This build focuses on date content and the first Ending for the game. It contains 21 new scenes, plus bug fixes, a new title, and a quality-of-life change.

- The Merchant Princess: The largest addition to this build, pursuing this ending allows you to invest in businesses around the Isles. Two already existing ones, and three new opportunities. Accounts for 11 of the 21 scenes in the build.

- Jazerhra Updated!: Jazerhra has been massively updated to bring her inline with other 'Lovers.' Her activating conditions are still a little more obscure than some, but if you find them, she can now get full Lover status. Which includes, of course, additional Dates for her. Accounts for 5 of the new scenes in this build.

- Lexie Updated!: As I've been teasing for a while, Lexie can now be asked for a date, after certain conditions are met. And, of course, afterwards you can ask her to be your Lover, unlocking a bit more content. Accounts for 3 new scenes in the build.

- Akari Updated!: Akari has gained her final date, available once she's your Lover on Rose Garden.

- Fiona Updated!: Fiona got her Rose Garden date, completing the set of invitations you can send from the Eastern Cottage residence.

- Quality of Life Fix: Becoming a Spirit Champion now unlocks all islands. The Acolyte's hall on Rose Garden is still off-limits for non faction members. As are various options on the Main Island. But you can now at least get to Jerta or Rose Garden if you decide only to pursue one faction or the other. This is particularly important for Rose Garden, since it was otherwise completely inaccessible to players doing a 100% lesbian play through.

- Bug Fixes: Several long-standing bugs regarding the passage of time were fixed. There are probably more. I regret how I built the time system for this game T-T. A few other bugs were caught and fixed as well.

- Credits Updated

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
View attachment 2743295 View attachment 2743297 View attachment 2743298 View attachment 2743299 View attachment 2743300 View attachment 2743301 View attachment 2743303 View attachment 2743304 View attachment 2743306

It's that time again! I released Haven's Port Build 21 for my $5+ Patrons yesterday (technically, very very early this morning). There was a small delay due to the Build getting away from me a bit in sheer size. But that's mostly a good thing, in the long run. Of course, with the release of a new Patron build, I've also released the previous Build 20 Free to the Public!

Build 21 introduces the first 'Ending/Epilogue' content to the game. Since this is a free-roam style game, the 'endings' don't actually prevent you from continuing to play, but they do sort of wrap up the story and show different ways that the character could go if the became one thing or another. In this case, the first ending is one of the Faction-neutral endings, with the player character able to invest in businesses around the isles, gaining the title The Merchant Princess. This ending made up a bit over half of the new build content. The other half was dedicated to wrapping up Date content for several characters. Chiefly Jazerhra the Orc owner of the Magic Shop, and Lexie the Centauress Alchemist on Jerta Isle. Though Akari and Fiona also got an additional date each.

Build 20, on the other hand, was an even larger build. It built a lot more content into Rose Garden, including a new player home and new dates for most of the game's Lovers. The Build also added all three of the remaining Patron Spirits that hadn't made it into the game yet. Including the Orc Tribe Patron on Jerta. More details on both builds can be found in their respective release notes.

-----
Download/Play Links for Build 20 Public:

Web Release:

Downloadable Version:

Mega

GDrive

-------

Release Notes for Build 20:

Release Notes for Build 21:

This build focuses on date content and the first Ending for the game. It contains 21 new scenes, plus bug fixes, a new title, and a quality-of-life change.

- The Merchant Princess: The largest addition to this build, pursuing this ending allows you to invest in businesses around the Isles. Two already existing ones, and three new opportunities. Accounts for 11 of the 21 scenes in the build.

- Jazerhra Updated!: Jazerhra has been massively updated to bring her inline with other 'Lovers.' Her activating conditions are still a little more obscure than some, but if you find them, she can now get full Lover status. Which includes, of course, additional Dates for her. Accounts for 5 of the new scenes in this build.

- Lexie Updated!: As I've been teasing for a while, Lexie can now be asked for a date, after certain conditions are met. And, of course, afterwards you can ask her to be your Lover, unlocking a bit more content. Accounts for 3 new scenes in the build.

- Akari Updated!: Akari has gained her final date, available once she's your Lover on Rose Garden.

- Fiona Updated!: Fiona got her Rose Garden date, completing the set of invitations you can send from the Eastern Cottage residence.

- Quality of Life Fix: Becoming a Spirit Champion now unlocks all islands. The Acolyte's hall on Rose Garden is still off-limits for non faction members. As are various options on the Main Island. But you can now at least get to Jerta or Rose Garden if you decide only to pursue one faction or the other. This is particularly important for Rose Garden, since it was otherwise completely inaccessible to players doing a 100% lesbian play through.

- Bug Fixes: Several long-standing bugs regarding the passage of time were fixed. There are probably more. I regret how I built the time system for this game T-T. A few other bugs were caught and fixed as well.

- Credits Updated
Oh I can't wait for update 21 making it to public. *~* Really looking forward to not only the first ending (and it sounds like a cool one) but getting to see Rose Garden even without going through the accolyte stuff has me quite excited. Also, in case that is the final solution to the dilemma with the rose girl path not having a strictly lesbian route to choose, in my eyes this is a fully valid solution. Anything else would just be a bonus and I don't feel as if I'm missing out on anything major if there are no changes to the rose girl path at all.

Edit: So, obviously, big thanks for making Rose Garden accessible!

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

blobzerz

Sep 15, 2017
Is there a way to enlarge picture other than right clicking on them and opening in new tab? It's just silly, game have large images but it only displays tiny ones.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Oh I can't wait for update 21 making it to public. *~* Really looking forward to not only the first ending (and it sounds like a cool one) but getting to see Rose Garden even without going through the accolyte stuff has me quite excited. Also, in case that is the final solution to the dilemma with the rose girl path not having a strictly lesbian route to choose, in my eyes this is a fully valid solution. Anything else would just be a bonus and I don't feel as if I'm missing out on anything major if there are no changes to the rose girl path at all.

Edit: So, obviously, big thanks for making Rose Garden accessible!
Yep! I was considering like five different solutions to opening up Rose Garden via an alternate route. And then it hit me that I was being an idiot and there was a simple solution. The only content on Rose Garden that is faction-specific is the Acolyte's Hall content, and it makes perfect sense that someone who earned the direct approval of one of the Island's Patron Spirits wouldn't be restricted as much. So, with a handful of dialogue line changes and, like, five lines of code...well, it was a much simpler solution ;-).

I'm tired of still images... I'm done... Bye
*blink* I mean, there are only like two more builds of this game planned until it's finished. So, if you've been playing a while, that seems a bit silly. If you really want a game with animations, though, you can always hop over to my other currently-in-development game, Left Hand Magic.

Is there a way to enlarge picture other than right clicking on them and opening in new tab? It's just silly, game have large images but it only displays tiny ones.
Yes there is! It always surprises me how many people don't realize this. I honestly probably ought to edit the very out of date tutorial to mention it or something. There are two things you can do. First:

Size Help 1.png

See that arrow? Clicking on it will minimize the sidebar, maximizing the space you have for images. This isn't absolutely necessary, but it tends to help make things look better when you engage step 2! What is step 2 you ask? Zoom! No, seriously. Just hold down the CTRL Key and scroll with your mouse wheel (or else use the zoom function of the browser, usually next to the address bar).

This probably seems like a terrible idea, right? That you'll zoom in on part of the screen but then be unable to see part of the text or something? Nope! I actually (shock!) know what I'm doing and coded Haven's Port to react to zoom level. The images and text will adjust themselves to be centered in the game's frame regardless of how much you zoom! It's the next best thing to impossible to zoom too far and lose the centering effect. Well, at least on a computer monitor. I've honestly not tried it on a mobile device. In theory, even there it should work, though probably only with the browser zoom rather than device zoom? Anyway, in combination with Step 1, this will allow you to scale up the images as far as their native 2K resolution allows, before it starts to look bad ;-).

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Yep! I was considering like five different solutions to opening up Rose Garden via an alternate route. And then it hit me that I was being an idiot and there was a simple solution. The only content on Rose Garden that is faction-specific is the Acolyte's Hall content, and it makes perfect sense that someone who earned the direct approval of one of the Island's Patron Spirits wouldn't be restricted as much. So, with a handful of dialogue line changes and, like, five lines of code...well, it was a much simpler solution ;-).
Honestly I feel like an idiot for not having thought about that solution beforehand and instead having pestered you about 10x times in regards to it. x.x

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Honestly I feel like an idiot for not having thought about that solution beforehand and instead having pestered you about 10x times in regards to it. x.x
Hey, if I didn't think about it despite insight knowledge of how all the game's code works, it's hardly a shock you didn't without that benefit. ;) It also isn't a perfect solution, since it leaves segments of the game inaccessible still. Including one datable character. But I think it's a reasonable compromise, at least.

Reactions: Orphanus

Ronia

Sep 12, 2018
I look forward to buying this if it is ever sold as a product rather than a service. I like what I've seen so far.

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes