Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
As I said, the images are multiple images in a post, not in a .zip or .rar. They need to be in a .zip or .rar so people don't have to come on here when they are playing the game. And yes, I know about the unlocker, but I like to try and unlock them myself first.

Yes, I understand that. But, that means you cant get some things until later in the game if you were to just do one per weekend as the game has new releases, since there have only been three weekends so far. But, the way the dev has it you would need to replay the game (so far) two times now to get two of the unlocks since Hiking needs to be done twice, and Gym needs to be done 3 times.
If you want to ALL the secrets with each new episode, then Yes, you will have to restart multiple Times.
But I have the feeling that the "Weekend Free Roam Secrets" are a distraction.
It looks like each Weekend free roam scene may need to be visited at lease 5 times during the game,:unsure:
( on the second visit to the beach you will meet someone who will offer to give you surfing lessons)
if that is the case we could get 40 episodes. :D

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
So... few things to unpack here.

First of all, the unlockable secret scenes are extras, they don't have any effect on the main story. So if you're not a fan of collectibles, just play through the game normally and that's it. And if you're the type of person who does enjoy collectibles, you can have fun finding them all.

Secondly, the game indeed doesn't tell you how to unlock everything as that would nullify the point. It wouldn't be an achievement if the game told you exactly how to get it. And if you still do need help with some of them, there is an official walkthrough available for patrons which covers pretty much every topic.

The weekend activities go up to five stages, and you will eventually be able to do multiple of them. If you want to unlock the secret scenes right now, you'll have to do multiple playthroughs, but this won't be necessary in the future when there are more weekend opportunities.

Lastly, imo things like collectibles and achievements are a great way to incentivize players to see more of the game, especially when you have many choices and paths. Otherwise a lot of the content will never be seen by many players. Still, it is all optional, if you don't enjoy trophy hunting and unlocking 100% of a game you really don't have to. You can still enjoy everything that the main story has to offer.
Then you are missing out on much of the game. They may be "extras", but if you don't do it then you are missing out on part of the game and images, etc. I actually really do enjoy collectables, but having to replay a game multiple times to get them is not enjoyable, nor fun. Collectables should be fun, as should the game. Sure, some can be a bit secret, but there should be hint in how to obtain them. Otherwise no one would know, unless they came on here and read through all the pages, which is not fun. You get one thing left to find/collect and have NO idea how to figure it out, because there is no hint, so you have to come on here, which is not something someone should have to do. Not everyone has hours and hours of time to set playing a game over and over and over either.

An Achievement can mean many things. Having a simple hint in how to obtain it is a good thing, and lets you know about it. It's not really an Achievement if you had no way of even knowing about it in the first place and only found out about it on here.

I understand about the weekend events. I see how you are thinking for future. That is fine.

It's a great game, really it is, but I would just like more hints and information in how to do things INSIDE the game, not having to come on here to get the information. Not having to replay over and over to obtain things either, because I have a life/job/etc, and other games to play.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Then you are missing out on much of the game. They may be "extras", but if you don't do it then you are missing out on part of the game and images, etc. I actually really do enjoy collectables, but having to replay a game multiple times to get them is not enjoyable, nor fun. Collectables should be fun, as should the game. Sure, some can be a bit secret, but there should be hint in how to obtain them. Otherwise no one would know, unless they came on here and read through all the pages, which is not fun. You get one thing left to find/collect and have NO idea how to figure it out, because there is no hint, so you have to come on here, which is not something someone should have to do. Not everyone has hours and hours of time to set playing a game over and over and over either.

An Achievement can mean many things. Having a simple hint in how to obtain it is a good thing, and lets you know about it. It's not really an Achievement if you had no way of even knowing about it in the first place and only found out about it on here.

I understand about the weekend events. I see how you are thinking for future. That is fine.

It's a great game, really it is, but I would just like more hints and information in how to do things INSIDE the game, not having to come on here to get the information. Not having to replay over and over to obtain things either, because I have a life/job/etc, and other games to play.
If you're a completionist and don't have time, you're doing something wrong. They are completely optional. Or you can subscribe and get the walkthrough.

The weekend freeroams are a little frustrating to be limited to one, but we can do more later in the game

Reactions: GokutheG

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Great update!! Some good progression and the cliffhanger I was waiting for! Now we can get started on the ultimate goal.

Reactions: Ahchi

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
I'd say he needs a good psychiatrist........
Or just get back on his meds.
Bit off topic:
Is he off meds or having some sort of psycho episode? Older comments seem normal'ish.
I actually wondered the same thing, but I try not to speculate too much on things like this. I don't know what makes someone behave like an absolute unhinged ass, but I know it when I see it. And I saw it.

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
I wasn't expecting the actual gut-punch of emotions with the backstory intro of this newest patch, but it was so good in general.
Pacing, writing and characters are all absolutely fantastic.

I've even made multiple playthroughs just to check the other side activities you can get into and what characters you meet there.

Reactions: lxh123

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
Just bough it, got a question tho:
Any different content between here and steam? As in should i replay?

Quadruple-Q

Times are HARD
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2023
Steam_release.png

Happy to announce that Having a HARD Time is finally available on Steam in Early Access!

I never thought I would ever have a game on Steam, but here we are... :)

Please note that buying the game on Steam is a one-time purchase. You will always have access to future episodes, and I will NOT be splitting the game up in seasons. Therefore, this is the full game that you're buying and each episode will be added to it incrementally until the game is finished.

Those of you that do purchase the game on Steam, first of all thank you so much! And secondly, I would really, really appreciate it if you could review the game on Steam. It makes a big difference what with how their algorithm works.

Thanks so much!

RaimyW

Feb 26, 2018
View attachment 3348967

Happy to announce that Having a HARD Time is finally available on Steam in Early Access!

I never thought I would ever have a game on Steam, but here we are... :)

Please note that buying the game on Steam is a one-time purchase. You will always have access to future episodes, and I will NOT be splitting the game up in seasons. Therefore, this is the full game that you're buying and each episode will be added to it incrementally until the game is finished.

Those of you that do purchase the game on Steam, first of all thank you so much! And secondly, I would really, really appreciate it if you could review the game on Steam. It makes a big difference what with how their algorithm works.

Thanks so much!

Just bought it. It is well deserved for the overall quality !

• Red Heart
Reactions: Quadruple-Q
4.70 star(s) 58 Votes