Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
To be fair, the update posts are hidden behind a paywall.
But at least we can see the dev is active, as the last post was on April 12th.
yeah I wish some of the devlogs were posted on steam last I checked didn't see any other than the public one back in February. But I get it since they are behind a paywall probably wouldn't make sense to show them on the steam page.

Arkanae

May 29, 2018
Urgh. Any game that will, on first start, make itself fullscreen, start blaring music at full volume, and not give access to a menu to immeditaley correct this until you have answered a bunch of stupid questions needs to be shot down. HavingAHardTIme is such a game.

To any game dev reading this: first impressions count. If my first impression triggers me to switch to a console to do a kill -9 and rm -rf to stop my eyes and ears bleeding, however much effort you put in your game doesn't matter.

Quadruple-Q

Times are HARD
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2023
Urgh. Any game that will, on first start, make itself fullscreen, start blaring music at full volume, and not give access to a menu to immeditaley correct this until you have answered a bunch of stupid questions needs to be shot down. HavingAHardTIme is such a game.

To any game dev reading this: first impressions count. If my first impression triggers me to switch to a console to do a kill -9 and rm -rf to stop my eyes and ears bleeding, however much effort you put in your game doesn't matter.
Not sure what you're talking about, but there's no music/sound during the initial splash screen. There's also one standard question asking if you're 18+. After that you reach the main menu, that's where music starts. But at that point the options screen is readily available, where you can change the desired volume. The base volume is also automatically lowered to a 'relatively normal' level, compared to Ren'py's standard volume level.

Starting in full-screen is also normal for a game, especially seeing as most people end up playing full-screen anyways. Again, if you prefer otherwise that is fine, just change it in the options.

I'm sorry that this slight 2 second inconvenience caused you to bleed internally. Though, seeing as you had the time to write this comment, I doubt you value your time that highly.

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022
Not sure what you're talking about, but there's no music/sound during the initial splash screen. There's also one standard question asking if you're 18+. After that you reach the main menu, that's where music starts. But at that point the options screen is readily available, where you can change the desired volume. The base volume is also automatically lowered to a 'relatively normal' level, compared to Ren'py's standard volume level.

Starting in full-screen is also normal for a game, especially seeing as most people end up playing full-screen anyways. Again, if you prefer otherwise that is fine, just change it in the options.

I'm sorry that this slight 2 second inconvenience caused you to bleed internally. Though, seeing as you had the time to write this comment, I doubt you value your time that highly.
Very well said dude....(Il a du se lever du pied gauche....!!)

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
Man must be having flashbacks to Pinkcakes's games. Acting Lessons still has that issue, where it gives you a heart attack when you start it. BaDIK had it too until he fixed it in season 2. Of course, he could also be thinking of Sega games, which also blow your ears out when the logo appears.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
If you want news you can check the patreon, it only costs 2 dollars, but as for when it will be released, it will most likely not be in the short term due to the quality of the models.
I wish he would update steam with some of those news update once in awhile 2, but probably doesn't make sense when you can get people to pay on patron to read them. I wish maybe like every 3rd one he would or something.

Last edited:

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
I wish he would update steam with some of those news update once in awhile 2, but probably doesn't make sense when you can get people to pay on patron to read them. I wish maybe like every 3rd one he would or something.
We can't blame him for trying to make $2 profit, as they say everything adds up and to make a game of this quality it will take a lot xDDDD

Reactions: orek84

Quadruple-Q

Times are HARD
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2023
We can't blame him for trying to make $2 profit, as they say everything adds up and to make a game of this quality it will take a lot xDDDD
for sure I don't blame him at all just something I wish he do haha
It's not so much about the money as it is me simply being a bit too busy. But, I will definitely post an update on Steam once in a while as well.

Jan 8, 2024
HavingAHardTime-0.3.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​
Account only to just download the .torrent file?!
Anyone can provide a compressed version (PC) here?

4.70 star(s) 59 Votes