Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Teen moms doesn't make sense in most games. In addition they are also single moms. The father should be around the same age, so jobless too and not worth much if he's dead. If the mom went to college to get a better job, who took care of the kid, grandparents? You never see them and they're not even mentionned once. How do they do financially? They don't seem to struggle in any of these games.

I can overlook these facts, but when you think a bit about it...
Who says that they didn't struggle when they were young and their kids small? We see them at an older age and their kids are teenagers / grown up. Poor grandparents might have died in the mean time. Besides other family members could have helped them.

Reactions: GokutheG

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Who says that they didn't struggle when they were young and their kids small? We see them at an older age and their kids are teenagers / grown up. Poor grandparents might have died in the mean time. Besides other family members could have helped them.
Don't forget the games where the dad dies tragically. I'm sure the life insurance helped a great deal.

ofook

Jan 23, 2022
Unless the mom's job is brought up in the plot like in Dog Days of Summer I always assume she comes from wealth. That's the only way those fancy assets houses they live in makes sense to me.
I picture them getting lucky and winning a big lottery jackpot to afford those houses.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: GokutheG

MadfireMonkey

Dec 1, 2022
yup or he could searched the thread but he seems like one of those that want to jump the gun and call a game dead because it's been a long dev cycle.
Or he said the game is dead because everyone keeps asking when the next update is when the answer is just a few posts back

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
when is the next update

New

Show less
Hey guys, it ended up taking a bit longer than I wanted it to, but we're almost there!
Episode 4, titled 'Smile', will be playable very soon, the release schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, October 9: 10-day early access for Apatite (€25) tier and above.
Monday, October 14: 5-day early access for Calcite (€10.50) tier and above.
Saturday, October 19: Release for Gypsum (€5.50) tier, , and .

My PC dying was unfortunate and cost me some time as I had a large render queue waiting, but it's all up and running again and with upgraded parts.
More than that though, the main reason this episode took a bit longer has to do with its size. It ended up being the largest episode to date, as I'm writing this I have already surpassed the 2000 renders and 100 animations, which for me is a pretty crazy amount. For some perspective, this is more than double the size of the very first episode.
There are still several animations and a bunch of renders queued up, and I also have quite some work to do in the coming days, but it should all be done by the 9th.

Do note that not all translations may be ready yet at the time of release (especially for early access). By now Having a HARD Time has been/is being translated into 12 languages, which is wild. Translations for episode 4 will be added once they are ready.
Anyways, I can't wait for you all to enjoy what I have been working on for the past few months!
Have a great weekend and please look forward to another fun episode!

~ Quadruple-Q

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017

New

Show less
Hey guys, it ended up taking a bit longer than I wanted it to, but we're almost there!
Episode 4, titled 'Smile', will be playable very soon, the release schedule is as follows:

My PC dying was unfortunate and cost me some time as I had a large render queue waiting, but it's all up and running again and with upgraded parts.
More than that though, the main reason this episode took a bit longer has to do with its size. It ended up being the largest episode to date, as I'm writing this I have already surpassed the 2000 renders and 100 animations, which for me is a pretty crazy amount. For some perspective, this is more than double the size of the very first episode.
There are still several animations and a bunch of renders queued up, and I also have quite some work to do in the coming days, but it should all be done by the 9th.

Do note that not all translations may be ready yet at the time of release (especially for early access). By now Having a HARD Time has been/is being translated into 12 languages, which is wild. Translations for episode 4 will be added once they are ready.
Anyways, I can't wait for you all to enjoy what I have been working on for the past few months!

~ Quadruple-Q
I definitely will have some hard times playing episode 4....... Happy that it is almost here!

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021

New

Show less

~ Quadruple-Q
Personally, when I see the photo of the blonde and the title, I can't help but feel real terror, it will be like "Smile" from MLP, a massacre.

And yes, dear viewer, I have traumas.

4.70 star(s) 64 Votes