Unreal Engine Head Game [v0.2 alpha] [HGosling]

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
Brutally demanding on the GPU (more than any AAA game that i have) and the game shit so on itself a lot; all around everything feels so laggy and awkward controls, tried some Mods, but nothing works, the Mod option is always greyed out (EDIT: I figued out how to install the mods by using a guide for another UE game, but no clear instructions are given for this game). Each option on the main menu takes a while to load and when you load the characters menu, when loading, you get a very weird couple of feet that are also glitched and the texture is messed up, not what i'd call "sexy".

Great idea for a game, but UE5 gives this a poor execution.
I am aware of the performance issue. It's mostly related to the use of Unreals Groom Particle Hair. You can try using any of the mesh hair options or enabling the "Use Hair Cards" option in the settings. I will also try to optimize existing grooms to be less demanding as the groom assets I bought from unreals marketplace seem to be very unoptimized. More mesh hair options will be added soon. The reason I prefer grooms is their looks, accurate simulation and the ease of getting them working with my character models.

Here's an post regarding groom performance for the people interested:

Palmute

May 7, 2017
Great update! Very impressive for such an early development state.
I so hope for a VR mode, could be a serious contender/alternative to VAM, esp. because fluids never really worked in a convincing way there, even with plugins.

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
Great update! Very impressive for such an early development state.
I so hope for a VR mode, could be a serious contender/alternative to VAM, esp. because fluids never really worked in a convincing way there, even with plugins.
Thank you :) I also just fake fluids :D Couldn't get any convincing fluid sim working. Did some tests a couple of weeks ago using the new niagara fluid rendering but wasn't satisfied with the results. Also the particles won't consider morph targets when colliding with the skeletal mesh. I think the texture version I use even looks a little more realistic. Maybe I will consider the Niagara version later or when I create a more stylized game.

View attachment testniagara.mp4

Reactions: Palmute

Palmute

May 7, 2017
Thank you :) I also just fake fluids :D Couldn't get any convincing fluid sim working. Did some tests a couple of weeks ago using the new niagara fluid rendering but wasn't satisfied with the results. Also the particles won't consider morph targets when colliding with the skeletal mesh. I think the texture version I use even looks a little more realistic. Maybe I will consider the Niagara version later or when I create a more stylized game.
Honestly, I prefer a more realistic look to something that is more physically correct/simulated. So I think you found a really good solution. I also really like how it changes consistency over time and soaks into clothes, I imagine that would be hard to achieve with particles.

Reactions: D0v4hk1n

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
Honestly, I prefer a more realistic look to something that is more physically correct/simulated. So I think you found a really good solution. I also really like how it changes consistency over time and soaks into clothes, I imagine that would be hard to achieve with particles.
TrueFacials really nailed cum fluid rendering. Still haven't found a way to copy it with decent performance :D

Reactions: D0v4hk1n

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
Switched to Vulkan RHI
1704379803051.png
Hi everyone,
the new build I uploaded to itch.io uses Vulkan as default Render Hardware Interface. This should fix the issue witch flickering white skin and cum not staying on character.

I suggest you use itch.io to download and play Head Game as it automatically applies updates without the need to redownload the whole game.

Jul 9, 2023
LOL so uhhh...

I think something's wrong. Take a closer look at her forehead... and her neck. She's got some nice tanlines :LUL:

View attachment 3231209

For what it's worth, I extracted the game, launched it, and clicked the Characters button from the main menu and this is what I got. I'm literally laughing my ass off over here, holy shit

Full body shot for good measure:
View attachment 3231211

EDIT: No eyeballs, four nipples, two vulvas. The perfect woman doesn't exi--

EDIT2: This is highly entertaining, I know it's just a bug but I can't stop rotating this bugged character around, she keeps looking at the player trying to be seductive... so friggin unexpectedly funny man, thank you lol.

(the game itself is coming along nicely too btw. I was a fan of True Facials and I think if you keep steady progress and stick with it, this has potential to be way better than TF. good luck dev!)
maybe It's a character from The Upcoming Movie ''Sinister 3''

• Haha
Reactions: aifman7

Repolho

May 19, 2018
Then, I set the game to high quality during the scene, and it crashed. Now, when I try to enter, this appears. I've already deleted everything and extracted it again, but it didn't solve the issue.

Capturar.PNG

Dec 2, 2019
I admire Dev skills to make something like animation creation engine by game engine, it's something awesome! It kinda reminds me sex villa 3d from like 15 years ago. I wish i had some more more skills to operate quite messy controls when operating skeleton points. It's like VR stuff could be usefull

Reactions: HGosling

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
Then, I set the game to high quality during the scene, and it crashed. Now, when I try to enter, this appears. I've already deleted everything and extracted it again, but it didn't solve the issue.

View attachment 3232781
Do you use the itch.io Vulkan version? If you open the game directory you‘ll find a START GAME.bat. Open it in any text editor and add -dx12. Save and lauch the bat file. This will start the game using directx. You can also try deleting the Config folder under HeadGame/Saved/Config

Repolho

May 19, 2018
Do you use the itch.io Vulkan version? If you open the game directory you‘ll find a START GAME.bat. Open it in any text editor and add -dx12. Save and lauch the bat file. This will start the game using directx. You can also try deleting the Config folder under HeadGame/Saved/Config
Yes is the Vulkan version.
Putting dx12 solved the problem, but the white flickering is back... Deleting the config folder didn't help. I try enter in the game and change to a low graphic config and open in Vulkan again but still not working

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
Alright, this is pretty good. Just wish the controls were a little less janky.
You can also use mousewheel during movement to move character away from / closer to camera. This helps in a lot of situations. Do you have suggestions on how to make controls easier?

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
uh..none of the dick morphs works..?
They will be removed in the future and replaced by different equippable dick types. Physics collisions and morph target don’t go well together in unreal. For the body I can use poly collisions and line traces during cumshots but they have a significant performance impact.

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes